R Hostel Reviews

Vytauto pr. 83, Kaunas, Lithuania

Good hostel located from walking distance of the bus station. The kitchen is really small so it is not really easy to cook.

Second time I've stayed here and there'll probably be a third, the next time I'm in Kaunas. Staff are very friendly and the desk is always manned. Everything clean and working as it should. For a small hostel it has a good atmosphere, very friendly and open to all ages. Location wise it's on the edge of the city centre, about 2km from the main bar area of old town. Excellent transport links however. Direct buses to the airport from 25m away and it's on the same road as the coach station.

Good location, about 10 min from old town. Depending who is working will determine the amount (if any) of English they speak. Kitchen only has a microwave, not hot plate, no oven. No laundry or credit card like website states. Very clean, good value.

I stayed 2 nights after a weekend, it could be reason for a cheerless atmosphere. When arrived, the owner drived me to a 6 bed room and I didn't complain assuming it would be better for me than in a 12 bed room where I booked, however, the first night was terribly hot and I saw a long spider web in the window by the time I opened it attempting to refresh in vain since that room is always heat by the sun. Therefore, I asked to move towards the 12 bed room where I slept only the second night :-/

Loved this hostel, stayed there one night and wish we would of stayed for longer but couldn't. Spotless clean, great atmosphere, super friendly staff. Would definitely stay there again.

An excellent place to stay. It was easy to locate from the train station and the staff was friendly and nice. The facilities were more than I had hoped for.

• 2nd Jun 2014
  • Finland

Nice place, friendly staff, very close to the bus/train station. No complaints.