R.K.Hostel Reviews

642 W. Hawthorn St., San Diego, CA 92101, San Diego, USA

I was only there for one night. After reading all the negative reviews, I was expecting the worst. However, it wasn't so bad. Maybe its because of the low expectations.

I would not recommend this hostel to ANYONE. We booked for 3 nights for a group of 7 and left within 24hrs, there was no security, dirty, disgusting, smelt like urine, no privacy in the bathroom, full of people on drugs breaking things and attacking us in the middle of the night. DO NOT STAY HERE. There was bugs in the room.. Let's just say I would never be reccomendimg anyone to stay at that place.

• 17th Jul 2014

This hotel is close of airport, but very far of tiristc place in LA. You need car or spend log time in public transportation. And staff are unpreparedness.

The hostel is placed near the airport so the noise is awful. But it is nothing compared to the troubles we had when came the moment to check out: they lost our key deposit because they had used it as change with other customers, they got into a fight in front of us arguing about how the hostel should be run and they didn't want us to let our luggages til our flight freely. Worst experience i've ever encounter.

• 23rd May 2014

Felt more like coming in to someones home than a hostel. Dont expect to meet travellers, these people are longtimestayers alt looking for an apartment. Everybody is superfriendly though!

This is not a hostel, it's more like a shelter. Inhabited by transients...don't stay here. For real!! Go to lucky d's or USA hostels on fifth st.

There was just 2 bathrooms, one of those on downstairs was so dirty and was enable to take a shower because was flooded with dirty water. Other bathroom full of people and no privacy at all!!! Smels bad on the reception and i found better places for the same money and less! Those beds and matress are in very bad conditions! I do not recomend this place at all! The only good thing is the location! Desapointed definetly! My word!

The staff was really nice. Also, the place is large! One of the managers was showing me around and it was just room after room and bathroom after bathroom. Theres a sufficient amount of desktop terminals as well as wifi. I'll be back.

• 11th Feb 2014

very goog place and experience! very friendly James and Blackie!!!