R.K.Hostel Reviews

642 W. Hawthorn St., San Diego, CA 92101, San Diego, USA

I killed a cockroach in the bathroom, and it was still lying there hours later! Also, the facilities are very poorly lit; you cannot read or write anywhere (except maybe on the terrace, provided it's not too cool outside) without getting a headache. On the plus side, you can't really get anything cheaper than R.K. in SD, and the location is excellent.

• 2nd Jan 2015

I love RK hostel in San Diego and recommending it for those who want to visit San Diego. Anytime anyday I will keep visiting and would spend my time again in RK. Good view, good people and perfect location in downtown.

• 6th Dec 2014

Located in a central location and easy access to the surrounding area. Cleanliness is desirable. The smell of cannabis when my window was open gave me headache.

This hostel it's really nice! Especially the staff it's very friendly like Nick and Scott really nice person and willing to help you for everything! The location it's good just a few minuts walking from the little Italy trolley station which connect you pretty much everywhere with a day pass of just 5$!! The rooms are clean and the bathrooms as well. The only thing is that u need to provide your towels but overall nothing bad to say! I really enjoyed my staying there! Great place and people!

I had a marvelous time. The location was right in little Italy close to a lot of great restaurants and the harbor. The staff was so friendly and helpful.the accommodations was very comfortable restful and fun. I have been to many hostels this place was the best. I will deferentially come again and recommend it.to everyone.

• 1st Nov 2014
  • Singapore

This place has bed bugs so don't stay here. Looking at the comments it seems like it's being going on for a long time. This place has the potential to be good if they fixed this. Heard other guests talking about unfriendly staff but I didn't notice anything too bad.

• 24th Oct 2014

The staff made me feel very uncomfortable especially one young male working at the front desk. The hostel has a dull atmosphere. They hold no events and play no music around the place. There is limited areas to relax or socialize and the facilities (bathrooms and kitchen) are old and dirty. The hostel is very dark and dingy, Overall not a nice place to stay. Especially considering it isn't cheap!

• 12th Oct 2014

The worst place i ever been in my life,the staff not friendly ,not clean

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Spain

I do not recommend this place at all - the only thing that made it bearable as a solo female traveller was meeting some great people! Thank goodness - because the staff were crazy and there is nothing clean about anything - take sanitizer if your worried about hygiene and toilet paper (sometimes there was none.)