RC Miguel Angel Reviews

Plaza de Celenque n� 1, 4 Izq, Madrid, Spain

This is a very nice family-owned hosteled located right near Sol. The staff who are the owners and their family are very friendly. The rooms and bathrooms are clean as well. Would stay here again next time I visit Madrid! :)

Very cosy and very nice people, but too little toilets

• 23rd Apr 2015
  • Belgium

Stunning clean and calm Hostel!

The location is perfect as it's about 3 minutes to Sul. The hostel is set in a family apartment and the staff is very friendly though they don't speak much English.

We stayed in a two bed dorm which was located aside the living room of the family that also lives in the hostel. That was a bit strange and doesn't give you that much privacy. The staff was very friendly and helpful and everything was very clean. The hostel is located in the city center. Unfortunately, the mattress was very uncomfortable and the kitchen small and not suitable for cooking.

• 25th Mar 2015

Half house, half hostel which was very weird. With that, it didn't have a homey feel to it. We got locked out of kitchen & lobby area twice! (-): no common area, small kitchen with limited facilities (no oven & only a tabletop burner which weren't informed of until saw others using it), creaky beds, small lockers, no sheets, blanket/comforter didn't appear very clean. Glad we only stayed two nights, if longer, we would have changed to another hostel.

this is mainly a familys apartment used as also as a hostel so it has no meeting area as in a traditional hostel but has an excellent location next to sol station which more than makes up for it and is walking distance to all the main sights in madrid but it can be noisy at times

I loved the family/owners of the hostel! They were very friendly and accommodating. Would definitely stay here again.

RC Miguel surprised me. I walked in expecting very little. But it was easily one of the nicest hostels I've stayed at. The location is increadible, the staff is friendly, the showers are hot and the beds are shockingly comfortable. If you're looking to party, this probably isnt the place for you, but I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

Excellent

• 20th Mar 2015

Small, intimate hostel in the heart of Madrid. Staff are very friendly and helpful.

Everything was wonderful. The breakfast was nice with very clean rooms and bathrooms. It was a little difficult to find the first night but once we knew where it was, it was in the perfect location.

• 18th Mar 2015

This is a nice, clean place. It's a good value, and the location is great, but it is not an exciting atmosphere for a young person. The staff was very nice and friendly. There was a living room, but it felt like it was more the family's living area. There wasn't really any social area for travelers. My room was also on a very noisy street. It didn't bother me because I am a heavy sleeper, but the area is a party zone, so you should know that before booking.

• 15th Mar 2015

My friend and I stayed in the hostel for three nights. Everything was fine. The location of the hostel was perfect all the major sites are in walking distance which was very convenient. What they said was going to be there was, so I cannot complain too much. The few negative things are there are an incredible amount of stairs, also the room we stayed in was unbearably stuffy. In the mornings it felt like a sauna. Overall good hostel to stay in if you're planning to stay out most of the time.

Good situated but missed some social area.

It was difficult to find. There is not a sign on the building that says that this building is where the hostel is.

• 13th Mar 2015

Very very good location and very interesting hostel indeed. Run with a family so get ready to see family members 'cos they are living with you in the hostel rooms tagged private. I liked to staff they tried to their best and breakfast was strong and beautiful, enjoyed it. Rooms are great even there was a TV in my room :) Hostel is very clean and safe also. Only con of this hostel is there no common room to socialize with other visitors but still strongly recommend this hostel, it was good one!

This hostel is how you imagine hostels being. It's very homey. The staff was friendly. It honestly seemed like I was in someone's home. The facilities were nice and it's in a great location. If you are looking for something cheap, clean and friendly-- this is the place to go. The breakfast was good and they had packaged muffins and such that we ended up taking a few for the road. I would definitely recommend.

the position of this hostel is unbeatable, it is right behind plaza del sol. i would say it is barely functional as there is no particular atmosphere and everything is a little old. the rooms were small but clean and there was a bathroom in the room. but it is super cheap (breakfast is also included!) so I would still recomend it ;)

Great hostel, the staff are symphatic and the breakfast is very good. location is perfect, near of metro station and the puertas del sol. we recommended this hostel.