RC Miguel Angel Reviews

Plaza de Celenque 1, 4 Izquierda, Madrid, Spain

More like a bed and breakfast than a hostel. Very homey and clean. No real interactions with other travelers.

This place is barebones, but you can't beat the location and it had a welcoming atmosphere. It is popular with Spaniards traveling to Madrid so there's a sense of authenticity.

We stayed 1 night in RC Miguel Angel. Location cannot be better - just in the heart of Madrid. Atmospehere is more like a family house than a hostel, but that makes this place very special. As our stay was very short, I cannot say more. Overall a good place and worth recommendation.

For this price, the hostel is fine. The place is located in a central area, but a little bit hard to find, you need to look carefully into every building. The staff there are nice, but their English is not so good. And the rooms there a little bit small.

Great location, friendly staff, hot shower and everything was clean and tidy. It's quite small, and it doesn't have a lot of space for a social activity, but I still got to know a lot of people in the kitchen which is also little but always open. The man on the receptionist helped me to find where to stay when I couldn't book the next day I stayed there. I could use a computer but it was so slow.

everything is great at this hostel. the only complain I have is that there is almost not common area to chill. the space is limited. I guess it is understandable because of it's location.

The location of this hostel was amazing! It's only a 2-minute walk from the main square, and located near tons of shops and restaurants. The staff here was very friendly and gave us great recommendations on things to do and placed to eat at. They also offer a laundry service here for €7 euros which was very convenient. The only criticism I have is that it was a little difficult to find, other than that, our stay was very pleasant!

Kitchen is tiny, crowded with 2-4 people. Very clean, front desk lady is so kind! Made us feel very welcome. Not many guests when we were there, so was very quiet

Great cheap hostel in a superb location but there was just simply no atmosphere.

An amazing location. Close to the metro and walking distance from most of the things we went to see. Breakfast was below average but otherwise it was a great place to stay.

Everyone at the hostel was so nice and welcoming I felt at home. I needed help finding places to eat and where to buy train tickets and the staff was so helpful it really made my trip better. I will recommend to all my friends and will stay again!!!

• 15th Oct 2015

Only one bathroom&shower. One girl was stuck in the room about one hour in the morning. It was terrible.

Hello, We saw your review and we have to admit that we find ourselves quite surprised by it. I have spoken to all of the hostel personnel and none of us were unaware that there was a girl trapped in the room, especially since it is so close to the reception. Why didn't you notify reception of what happened? We would have attempted to help immediately. Can you tell us at what time this occurred? Was it in the room or in the bathroom? We apologize for what happened, but we need to know details.

Perfect location, clean rooms and very good price.

• 11th Oct 2015
  • Ukraine

The location right in the centre of Madrid is unbeatable, but that's it. The dorms and bathrooms are OK, but the kitchen is tiny, only big enough for one or two people to have breakfast. Luckily the weather was good so I could grab some food and have breakfast outside. And they don't have any other common area. The staff is friendly, but it bothered me that I when I arrived late in the evening they didn't open the door. I had to ring the bell for another hotel in that building to get inside.

Staff is great. They were so caring and gentle. A lil bit noisy, especially if you stay near the Arenal St. but besides that, everything was fine. Kitchen, indeed, a lil small to take breakfast, but complete and healthy. If you ask for something they'll do whatever is necessary to make it happen.

Our stay was perfectly fine. Staff were friendly and helpful and availability of laundry was a huge plus. The only downside is atmosphere-related. The hostel is also a home, and it can feel awkward walking past people casually watching TV on the couch and trying to sort out which spaces are public vs. private.

Really nice hostel just at the center of Madrid. Easy access with public transportations and extremely close to the Puerta del Sol. Staff very friendly and helpful. But the rooms are a bit crowded and some bunk beds are not in an excellent condition. Internet was not working in the first two days but later functioned well.

Great location, but very small. All we needed was a bed and shower so it was fine. Also since it's right in plaza it is noisy. Overall happy with our stay. And the couple that owns it are very nice

• 5th Sep 2015

Great location right near plaza de sol. Kind, sweet staff. Breakfast in morning-small room a bit crowded but everyone was friendly. Not enough plugs in dorm and the internet was not strong. Bed squeaky. I had a good time with my room mates- we were BFFs for the day and went out to JOY nightclub one block away.

The only thing that makes this hostel stand out is the location. Only a 3 minute walk from the Puerta de Sol and a walking distance from all the attractions in Madrid. The staff were really helpful as well. Other than that, nothing else. The bunk that we were given looked like it was about to fall apart (and we could tell as they used tape to reinforce the bunk...) No flat sheet was given either and the covers don't look like they wash them. Hard to find as well - door on Calle Maestro Victoria!