RK/Buckner hostel Reviews

765 10th Avenue, San Diego, USA

Bathroom: Our cold water tap didnt work. We didnt have any cold water. We didnt get any towels. There were too little showers. Overall: Loud music on the hallway from the hostel. Overall it was very very dirty in the rooms and toilets.

• 25th Jul 2014

Very nice receptionist.

It was a good location, near the Gaslamp, but it was filled with creepers. I don't know if they were regulars or friends of the people who worked at the hostel but I didn't want to spend any time in the actual hostel. There are better hostels in the same area for the price.

The staff are really unorganised. There are no lockers. Our room was never cleaned even though the housekeepers entered our room - we know because the door was always left unlocked when we returned even though we locked it when we left. And one of the staff is a perve. I don't know his name but he grabbed my arse.

• 24th May 2014

After investigating the matter and checking our security cameras, we have come to believe it was a guest and not one of our staff that touched you without your permission and that person was asked to leave the Hostel. As for the rooms not being cleaned, we do not touch the guests luggage at any time they are not present, so sweeping and vacuuming the floors can be difficult at times. Therefore the beds that had been vacated were made, and the rest was left to be done at a later time.

Hostel stuff is quite unorganized, but location is good and good value for money.

• 23rd May 2014
  • Latvia

We apologize that the staff here seemed unorganized, we have since made all of our staff go through training again, to make sure that they can better serve any guests in the future.

Check-in was a nightmare. Was charged a different price than on my HostelWorld confirmation. Then was told I needed to pay a key deposit but they 'couldn't guarantee' I would get it back because I was leaving at 6:30 AM and nobody would be at reception. Then when I finally got to my room it was tiny and dirty - the sheets were all messed up like somebody was just in there having a nap. I asked for my money back and left.

We checked our receipt books and the price was correct. It states on our page that any price $25.01 per person, per night or above will be charged tax. It is a city regulation. As for the key deposit, we let the guest do a "check-out" the night before so that they can return the key and get their deposit back. We apologize for the miscommunication. Also we are making sure to double check rooms for readiness before checking a guest into their room.

The hostel was very clean and new but there were a huge percentage of guests that were long-stay middle-aged men giving it a really weird vibe. As a female travelling alone did not feel comfortable here.

We do not allow anyone to stay past 14 days, and we also do not discriminate against guests based on age.

not much cutlery... 1 fork, 1 spoon... very small kitchen only 2 seats! everything else is great nice rooftop patio!

Unfortunately sometimes guests use the cutlery and then dispose of it afterwards. We made sure to order a large a mount of everything so this will not happen again.

I had to sleep in a dorm with a person who lived there for months! The room was a mess and I had to ask the staff to clean it before I went in! Many older Americans live for longer periods in this Hostel. It is not a hostel-atmosphere at all. No lockers in this hostel. I had to carry all my valuables all day long. Kitchen is small, TV room is ok, and rooftop is good! I hope that the owners will recognize that. It could be a good Hostel, because the location is not to bad! I won´t go again.

• 19th Apr 2014

Location of this hostel is the best. Close to everything but just away from middle of madness, right mix for a location, quiet, clean, friendly area. Rooftop with tables, weight set to work out

• 17th Apr 2014

I had a single room and was very pleased with my stay. I only stayed 2 nights but would have been comfortable staying longer.

Great location near the Gaslight District. The hostel was exceptionally clean. I rented a private room which was a reasonable price and well appointed. However, the bed was really hard and uncomfortable. The noise in the room was really loud from the neighborhood. The kitchen and common room were very small and not well appointed. In short, it was a clean room in a great location with no frills whatsoever.

Thank you so much for a great stay! We really appreciate your help and understanding when it came to dealing with a canceled flight. You have a great location and keep the place looking nice and clean. I dont know if this is common in San Diego but I would recommend starting to recycle; it would greatly reduce the amount of waste produced by the visitors. Once again, thank you ! :)

• 16th Feb 2014