RK/Buckner hostel Reviews

765 10th Avenue, San Diego, USA

I had a 4bed dorm by myself which is very roomy. Only one window can be open which is good enough for one person. The room is carpeted so I had to turn the fan off not to stir it up. The window opens to the street which can be noisy but I don't mind. The wall outlets do not work so I have to stay late the next day to charge outside. The beds are very comfortable and the linen very clean. The bathroom is huge and very clean. The staff is super nice. The location is very convenient.

Room is clean but bad smells would come out of nowhere. Some were from neighbor's SuperBowl BBQ gas on back porch but others were a mystery. I left the window propped open to clear the air. It needs ropes. See sides of window frames. Ropes keep windows from slamming down. An old world solution.

The janitor needs to improve in work and manners

We have re staffed and our continuing to get better in all aspects of hospitality. He no longer is apart of the staff.

First off the staff is more than helpful and willing. Breakfast was a treat and I even scored a dinner offered to the guests. The common room was more than comfortable and gave an "at home" feel. I was close to everywhere i needed to be and could easily get any place i desired. Information posted around the hostel was helpful and i had no issues with info i was seeking. Close shopping and entertainment made it that much more of a joy to stay. I will be returning.

Avoid at all cost! I arrived that night and they refused to honour the deposit I paid on the website and insisted to charge me in full! Saying that the deposit I paid did not get passed to them. Also I paid the 10 dollar key deposit by card and they said they would refund the key deposit to my card, but it never happened! Very dodge staff so be careful.

Buckner Hostel is truly up to the task. It has a refreshingly guest oriented approach to everyone, has terrific cable TV in every room, even the 4 bed units, and is but a block away from a gigantic Grocery Outlet supermarket and is a San Diego minute from a toasty Starbucks. US passports are welcome.

I don't know if places changes people, but as long as I was in there, I met extraordinary people, inerntationals and locals. One of he most beauiful period in my life. I met people that show me that everything's possible, that motivated me and helped me keep going on. This hosel has it's own little magic spaces. Each room has its own story, and the patio is the perfect place to connect to the people. I hope I'll be back there one day.

like the place that is why I return

I like the place ,quiet clean , friendly, I will go back.