RK/Buckner hostel Reviews

765 10th Avenue, San Diego, California, USA

I had a single room and was very pleased with my stay. I only stayed 2 nights but would have been comfortable staying longer.

Great location near the Gaslight District. The hostel was exceptionally clean. I rented a private room which was a reasonable price and well appointed. However, the bed was really hard and uncomfortable. The noise in the room was really loud from the neighborhood. The kitchen and common room were very small and not well appointed. In short, it was a clean room in a great location with no frills whatsoever.

Thank you so much for a great stay! We really appreciate your help and understanding when it came to dealing with a canceled flight. You have a great location and keep the place looking nice and clean. I dont know if this is common in San Diego but I would recommend starting to recycle; it would greatly reduce the amount of waste produced by the visitors. Once again, thank you ! :)

• 16th Feb 2014

I spent five days there. The hostel is clean and comfortable and located in the city center, near all the main restaurants and bars, and not far from Seaport Village and Balboa Park either. I was there in December and there were almost no backpackers and few peoplee living. It's a good place to stay, but not exactly a backpackers.

Great location, friendly staff. Awesome rooftop area for an afternoon beer. Small rooms, good value for money though.

The internet was flaky. The rooms were average.Clean and no issues but nothing great to write about. It would have been nice to have a locker of some kind to keep your valuables. The bathrooms were very clean. I was very happy with that. Overall, a good place to stay. It feels quite secure, clean and comfortable.

Some of the reviews I read were not very positive, so I was actually pleasantly surprised. The hostel was safe, clean, and quiet and the other people and staff were friendly. The location is good although it's not great to walk back on your own at night. My only complaint is that there never seemed to be breakfast, but that might have been because it was a very busy time.

I cannot compare it of course to hostels in east Asia where there are lots of free stuff and more facilities but I think it was a decent place to stay

Our window unfortunately opened to the fire escape where everybody smoked so it smelled like the worst smoking room, it was very disgusting :( and the internet access was very weak, always disconnected, it was pretty annoying.

• 7th Nov 2013
  • Hungary

I had a lovely stay at this beautiful hostel.

The hostel was exceptionally clean, which was nice, and the location was great. The WiFi was also excellent. The only real downside was the few people that were there that seemed to live there permanently. They kind of made the place feel like a halfway house.