RMA Accommodation Reviews

156-158 Mile end road, London, England

I was very surprised by the fact that the hostel did not even have my bed ready and I had make it. I know it's supposed to be a hostel, but I don't think the customers should be making the beds for themselves. It's also hard to find, there should be more explicit directions on the webpage.

• 3rd Sep 2014
  • Greece

The electricity wasn't on when we arrived, but thankfully this was sorted by the evening. I expected worse! It was good value for money.

• 8th Aug 2014

Probably the worst Hostel I've ever been stayed...hair in the shower, 30 year old matresses, no double bed as ordered, loud, etc. do not go there!

• 26th Jul 2014

We stayed in the middle of the summer for a week, and we were put in a room with no A/C and no ventilation (windows did not open). It's England, so we didn't expect A/C. But we DID expect to least be able to open a window. As a result, temperature in the room was very, very hot...we kept waking up in the middle of the night sweating. It was a pretty horrible stay. Also, some of the comforters had big pee stains on them. They also don't assign beds, so it's kind of a free-for-all.

• 25th Jul 2014

Showers are individual cubicles the area to dry off after is a little on the small side if your not built like a child other than that the rma was superb will definitely be back again

• 10th Jul 2014

The hostel was close to an underground station which was convenient. The facilities were decent, but the power went out on our first night. There is a nice and very cheap grocery store near by. If you're looking for cheap and not terribly fancy then this is a good choice.

Very clean ad safe for such a cheap price, the only trouble is the noise from the street, they really need to add double glazing. Other than that, it's great, the washing machines are free, the kitchen is clean, the people are really helpful. Too bad it's not in Central London but the price wouldlegitimately go up! Oh, and the fridge in the room : such a GREAT idea! So practical, loved it!

Nice place to stay. A little far out from the center of the city. However, it was easy to get into the city on the underground train. There is a no alcohol policy which was slightly annoying. Other than that it was ok.

• 7th Jun 2014

RMA is a very nice place. The staff are very good people, it is clean and quiet. I really enjoy my stay there.

the toilet is very poor.

We enjoyed our stay at RMA very much. The location of the hostel is very good, and there is a Underground station very close by. The young man helping us check in was very helpful and very nice to us, and made our stay that much better. The room and common room were clean and the facilities were also very good here. I would definitely stay here again.

I need to say, the owner (i think) and the employees were so kind. i really am happy to get to know them. i got coffee for free, and i could talk to them about my private issues. because i was in a bad situation. so i am happy i stayed there. the only thing i didnt like that much was the location. when i came home late, i was a little afraid on the streets and i had to make a long drive by bus, like 30 minutes or more. but this was the only thing i didnt like. so - have a nice stay in RMA!

• 26th Apr 2014
  • Austria

Hostel was very quiet and very good value for the money. Cleaning lady would clean the entire kitchen and the facilities every morning which is something you don't see very often in hostels. All in all, I would stay there again when in London.

• 15th Apr 2014
  • Croatia

One thing I would like is for entrance to be more easy to notice

• 6th Apr 2014
  • Croatia

Very nice stay, people are nice, helpful, room is ok, price is great. Only thing that wasn't good was that my room was on the main road, so it was very loud, but other than that it is ok.

• 5th Apr 2014
  • Croatia

This hostel has some pros and cons. They are very strict regarding the check-in time (22:00) but regardless also let us check in at 22:20 (since we had a late flight) after some mail conversation. The condition of the rooms and facilities are heavily used but nevertheless clean and tidy. The location of the hostel is not bad, since it is very near to a metro station and there are some shops in the area. Alcohol is restricted in the hostel, but therefore it was quite in the nights.

The person who did the check-out was very gentle, but I rated the "Staff" as "poor", because the guy who stayed and managed the Hostel on the other days was always very rude (one day he almost left us out in the cold night beacause we had forgotten our keys), The cleaning is very poor: the "cleaning" lady only chages the basket bin and the bed was already dirty when we arrived. The wi-fi is terrible, specialy the one in the bedroom.

• 22nd Mar 2014

My friend and I had some trouble getting into our room because we arrived after 10pm (we had a late flight and didn't know we had to be there at a certain time). However, once we got settled, everything went fine. The setup was unique in that we walked into one building to get to reception, and then had to walk out onto a roof to the room where we were staying, but all we really needed was a place to sleep and shower, and that's what we got!