Radeka Downunder Underground Backpackers & Motel Reviews

1 Oliver St, PO Box 808, Coober Pedy, Australia

Good hostel, pick-up and drop-off at the Greyhound bus station, free coffee and tea, free wifi. Can be noisy as they are no doors in the dorms. The tour proposed in the breakaways is great!

I'm really fond of the dorm I stayed. when I went there at about 6am, I could stay my room even such a early morning. the underground was much cooler than outside.bathroom was clean. kitchen was not that good though, I still recommend you to stay there!

I still think $35 is a lot to ask for a dorm bed, particularly if it's an open room. Having said that, this is a pretty cool place and just about justifies the price tag. We were there in the height of summer, and the cool underground dorms are a godsend when you've spent the day in 40+ degree heat. If there is 2 of you, I'd suggest upgrading to a double room for an extra $7.50 each. It's worth it just for having a door to close! All things considered, I'd give this place 4 stars.