Rafiki Backpackers & Guesthouse

Superb 63 Total Reviews
9.2
Superb 63 Total Reviews

4th Dec 2016

This has to be the nicest hostel in Moshi. I stayed one day before my Kilimanjaro hike and one day after. They have just finished building a new facility and everything was great. No AC but they moved the wifi for me so it was stronger. Breakfast was great. Had my clothes washed and a couple of items were lost but then found. New building has a nice roof deck/hangout area. Great for your Kilimanjaro basecamp.

• Aribomzhara75
  • Brazil, Female, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
11th Nov 2016

Excellent hostel in Moshi. Gorgeous view of the Kilimandjaro. Lovely, friendly and extremely helpful staff, new and very clean facilities. Good breakfast options. Amazing value for money! Absolutely recommended!

• titchisnow1559
  • England, Male, 31-40
11th Nov 2016
5.1

The hostel was o.k. but a bit odd and way way way out of town

Dear, we have been trying to contact you to get more feedback on why you found our place odd. Unfortunately you haven't emailed back. We are always open to critiscm, however it needs to be concrete so we can work on it. By just saying our place is odd, we don't know, which service or facility wasn't to your fulfilment. I spoke to our staff, who were here, when you arrived and they have told me that you didn't want to follow our check-in procedures, which follow the Tanzanian law, that every guest has to register on arrival. I am sure 99% of the places around the world require that. They have also told me, that you were quite rude and demanded only your room. By your rude behaviour you intimated our staff in a way, that they didn't follow the procedures anymore, but did as you wished. If this is what you mean by odd, well there is not much we can do about our check-in procedures and I do have to say that I find your behaviour quite inappropriate. Feel free to email us anytime with feedback that will help us to improve our service. Thank you and best regards Stephanie

• England, Female, 25-30
14th Sep 2016

Fantastic hostel! Thank you Steph &Alfred for making me feel so welcome - it's so nice when the owners take an interest and make you feel welcome (espesh when travelling alone - they always knew my name and stopped to say hi and chat). Great hostel, comfy beds, fast wifi, great breakfast, bar/restaurant opposite, comfy sofas to meet people, view of mt kili from the roof, free laundry, new building with Euro style showers, friendly hosts and tour bookings...what more could you want! Thanks all :)

• Egypt, Male, 25-30
1st Sep 2016

Place Is very nice and clean, location is good, Stephanie and Alfred were very helpful with the reservations and also helped us greatly with the tours that we made with them, will definitely stay in Rafiki if i visit Moshi again.

28th Aug 2016

Loved my time at Moshi, my favorite hostel in Tanzania. The free laundry service and breakfast goes beyond expectations. You'll have a nice view of Kili when it's clear out and it's walking distance to the city. Kitchen is big and user friendly. Staff was awesome when needing new tips or transport. Highly recommend!