9.0
Superb 44 Total Reviews
9.0
Superb 44 Total Reviews
Rafiki Backpackers Located at Uru Road, Moshi, , Moshi.
Tanzania
Moshi Uru Road, Moshi
90% 44
-3.3303065 37.3413276
    Rooms available

• Denmark, Mixed Group, 25-30
20th Mar 2016

Great place. 30 minutes walk from downtown but the rau area where this hostel is located is really pleasant. Just be careful of mzungu prices around the city. We where here at low season and almost had the hostel to ourselves a few more arrived and we had a really good time.

• England, All Female Group, 31-40
18th Feb 2016

Hostel manager made us feel very welcome and was very helpful. Our one night stay was comfortable and convenient.

• USA, Female, 18-24
6th Feb 2016

The staff was extremely accommodating. It was definitely worth the money to stay here a night before climbing Kilimanjaro. The wifi wasn't the best but that seems to be the norm in Tanzania. The location was also somewhat out of town.

• HenaE
  • Canada, Female, 25-30
14th Jan 2016

Overall the place was good. A little out of town but the cab was only 5000 tsh which is reasonable. The only major issue I had was that our room was next to the washroom and it had a bad odour which we had a hard time getting rid of even after airing the room out and spraying the room with air freshener.

Dear Hena, thank you for your review. We are happy to read that you had a good stay. I am very surprised about your remark regarding the room smell as this is the first time this has been brought up. Be assured though that we will check on it and come up with a solution. All the best from Moshi Stephanie

• Australia, Female, 25-30
3rd Jan 2016

Very homely and chilled. Great lounge and kitchen. Only reservation I have is one of the members of staff was pressuring me to do a tour. I think hostels should be neutral places where you are not swayed to do tours, rather they could offer advice of free/cheap things to do and clarify good deals. .

Thank you for your warm words about our facilities. We are happy you enjoyed the common area. However I am sorry to hear that you felt pressured to do a tour. I talked to the staff member about this incident to ensure that things like this don't happen in the future again. Again my apologies! All the best from Moshi Stephanie

• Canada, Female, 31-40
15th Dec 2015

I initially booked to stay for only one night upon first arriving in Moshi, but stayed for a lot longer (coming back after every tour - Kilimanjaro and Safari - that I ended up booking with the onsite tour company Viva Africa Tours). Stephanie, Alfred and the rest of the staff were great help with all questions. They truly made all guests feel "Kariboo" (welcome) and helped make the vibe at the hostel what it is (which is pretty great and I felt like I had a family while I was there).

• USA, Male, 41+
4th Dec 2015

Unfortunately, WIFI services are very inconsistent, and nearly non-existent in sleeping areas. Very frustrating. Have to town in order to get services.

I am sorry to hear that you were not happy with our wifi service. We changed providers just recently to get better coverage, however internet infrastructures are still fairly new in Tanzania. While the networks keep improving, we keep improving our free wifi service. Promise! Internet is only available in the main house. Our apologies for the inconvenience! Best regards from Moshi Stephanie

2nd Dec 2015

I would ABSOLUTELY recommend staying at Rafiki if you are considering going to Tanzania. Moshi is a great base for climbing Kilimanjaro and going on Safari, and thanks to the great crew at Rafiki, I was able to do both and stay within my budget. Stephanie was a massive help, and aided me by arranging both my Climb and Safari, and made me feel at home throughout the process. Kennedy was incredibly nice as well, and helped me with local food and even helped me with a clinic when i was in need!