Rafiki Backpackers Reviews

Uru Road, Moshi, Moshi, Tanzania

Great hostel, super nice staff and great atmosphere, will definitely recommend in to my friends!

• 27th Feb 2015
  • Sweden

About 25min walk to town on a really dusty road, not a super enjoyable walk. Not really places to hang out, outside seating you stare at barb wire. The staff is super nice but the tours seemed really expensive. They do your laundry for free though so that's awesome as well as use a generator when the power goes out.

Hi Briana, thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are sorry that you didn't enjoy the walk to town. Moshi does get dusty during this time of the year, that is true. But at the main road, a 5min walk from rafiki backpackers, is a dala dala stop that takes you directly to town. I remember I told you about this option. I will pass your warm words about our staff on to everyone as this always the best reward they can get. Thank you! All the best, Stephanie

The hostel was nice and clean. The rooms were very spacious and comfortable. It is a bit out of the way of the town centre but if you don't mind walking 20 minutes its not a bad walk. There is a nice little bar across the road to chill in during an evening.

My stay at Rafiki was amazing to say the least. It is off the beaten path just far enough from town to feel quaint. It has a local bar across the street in which the owner accomdated us personally. Will definitely be staying there in the future. Steff was great and helped with transportation, and any other needs I had. Highly recommended!

• 5th Sep 2014