Railway Hostel Reviews

Simona Petlyury Str. 5, (second floor), Kiev, Ukraine

I had a reservation and paid a deposit arrived we were 23 people and they told us to have our beds. I call on customer serive and they dont call me back and all hostel was full !

When I arrived I was told that they were taking me to a different hostel (no apology) as they supposedly over booked by accident though I question if it was an accident. The second hostel was in a really odd and insecure feeling location. The room offered was extremely claustrophobic and the mattress looked way too questionable for me to sleep on. Both hostels were full of local workers seeking cheap short term accom....no atmosphere. I ended up having to find a different hostel late at night.

Very rude staff. Very unhelpful!

the worst place i have ever seen.it was difficult breath in the rooms.i paid but didnt stay there, find another location to stay.fortunately it was very cheap

What can i day, i had a private room for 5 euro's a day. Very small but is was a private room.

Hostel is fine for the price. Can walk there from the train station, so fine if just transiting for a night. Most of the people who stay they arent backpackers they live and work in the city. So the dorm rooms have a lot of stuff in them. Not great for meeting people if you are a lone backpacker. Very small showers. The staff are nice but didnt really speak english. No orientation or map on arrival. No real reception so check in was done in the dorm room. But for the price it was ok.

Unsafe, overcrowded and dirty, but for that price, it's a fair deal!

Probably one of the worst hostels I stayed in Europe. The upper beds have no fence so if you roll while sleeping and fall off then you die. Facilities, atmosphere are rather horrible. Staff is OK but not backpacker friendly, location is OK close to the train station but far from all the sights. The only good thing about this place is the price.

They offer some features in their profile thatare not true, like the free airport transfer and the city maps. Only one girl of the staff speaks English, the rest only Ukranian.

• 8th Jul 2015
  • Spain

still a good hostel due to cheap price and excellent location. the problem with the shower remains, they tried to do something about it by installing curtains and bolts (for locking) but the effect is little to nothing. showers are much too small and uncomfortable. everything else (toilet, rooms, staff) is good

When I came there, there was no reception, nobody spoke english and they didn't know what to do. Then they send me to another building (also without reception). I payed them all amount of money that was shown in my booking reference (2 nights), but the next day girl from staff came and claim that it was only for 1 night, which was not true. My room was terribly hot and there was no possibility to open a window. Worst hostel ever.