Rainbow Hostel Dingle Reviews

Dingle, Co. Kerry., Dingle, Ireland

Very nice stay. Great location.

The host was very nice and talkative, interesting to talk to. The kitchen was nice, big and welcoming. We had a very nice time there.

Great staff, friendly atmosphere!

• 7th Oct 2014
  • Croatia

Perfect place to stay. Very close distance to the city.

Michael (the staff) was a great guy-very helpful and interesting to talk to. The kitchen was fantastic-large and supremely well equipped. The hostel is a 15-20 minute walk outside of town but it is not far by taxi and a pleasant walk otherwise. The building is a converted farm house so has a nice homey feel to it. I felt more at home at Rainbow than any other hostel in 6 countries across Europe. Definitely recommend.

We really love this hostel! Thank you so much for driving us to town all the time!

Nice kitchen, you feel like at home. A little bit out of the city but there is afree shuttle. Perfect. But i think if there are many people it could be very noisy. Even when the doors are closed u can here everything. But it was quite when i have been there. I liked it

Staff were so nice and accommodating

• 20th Sep 2014

Large kitchen/dinning area was very good!! Oven and hobs but no microwave. Washing machine load €4

Was not my first time - and I know why to come back :) But this time there was one little drop of bitterness, the mattress was really weak, so that I had to fight a bit with the elastic spring. As I just had 2 nights, I didn´t ask for another one, but next time I hope to get a newer one :)

• 15th Sep 2014

We booked a double, private room for one week. The room had a sink and a counter. The sink had hot water but no cold. I had to ask for towels. Perhaps we were expected to provide our own, however, in the past the lodging facility has provided towels. I was directed to the clothesline for towels. The room was clean as was the entire hostel. However the shelves and cabinets in the room were in disrepair. Much evidence of past demolition. There was no desk.

• 10th Sep 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

The accommodations were very nice and the hostel is extremely clean. It felt like a home away from home! The only thing that needs improvement is the staffing. Although the man who helped us was very nice and knowledgeable about the area, we waiting about 20 minutes for someone at receptions, and when we returned later in the evening after checking in, more people had arrived and had been waiting at reception for quite some time. There should be someone on staff at all times.

Excellent for Dingle Marathon participants. I was offered a shower after the race, even though I was checking out that morning. Very friendly staff. Close to Dingle town (a short drive) but far enough out that it's really quiet for a restfull sleep.

• 5th Sep 2014

Perfectly clean rooms and showers/toilet. Nice garden for camping. Felt a bit uncomfortable on our first stay because the hostel was quite empty and it was cold everywhere. The staff was polite and helpful but not very motivated or nice. Our second night was better because there were more people in the hostel. Altogether a good and clean hostel with very good prices, but not the loveliest one.