Rainbow Hostel Dingle Reviews

Dingle, Co. Kerry., Dingle, Ireland

Great staff, friendly atmosphere!

• 7th Oct 2014
  • Croatia

Perfect place to stay. Very close distance to the city.

Michael (the staff) was a great guy-very helpful and interesting to talk to. The kitchen was fantastic-large and supremely well equipped. The hostel is a 15-20 minute walk outside of town but it is not far by taxi and a pleasant walk otherwise. The building is a converted farm house so has a nice homey feel to it. I felt more at home at Rainbow than any other hostel in 6 countries across Europe. Definitely recommend.

We really love this hostel! Thank you so much for driving us to town all the time!

Nice kitchen, you feel like at home. A little bit out of the city but there is afree shuttle. Perfect. But i think if there are many people it could be very noisy. Even when the doors are closed u can here everything. But it was quite when i have been there. I liked it

Staff were so nice and accommodating

• 20th Sep 2014

Large kitchen/dinning area was very good!! Oven and hobs but no microwave. Washing machine load €4

Was not my first time - and I know why to come back :) But this time there was one little drop of bitterness, the mattress was really weak, so that I had to fight a bit with the elastic spring. As I just had 2 nights, I didn´t ask for another one, but next time I hope to get a newer one :)

• 15th Sep 2014

We booked a double, private room for one week. The room had a sink and a counter. The sink had hot water but no cold. I had to ask for towels. Perhaps we were expected to provide our own, however, in the past the lodging facility has provided towels. I was directed to the clothesline for towels. The room was clean as was the entire hostel. However the shelves and cabinets in the room were in disrepair. Much evidence of past demolition. There was no desk.

• 10th Sep 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

The accommodations were very nice and the hostel is extremely clean. It felt like a home away from home! The only thing that needs improvement is the staffing. Although the man who helped us was very nice and knowledgeable about the area, we waiting about 20 minutes for someone at receptions, and when we returned later in the evening after checking in, more people had arrived and had been waiting at reception for quite some time. There should be someone on staff at all times.

Excellent for Dingle Marathon participants. I was offered a shower after the race, even though I was checking out that morning. Very friendly staff. Close to Dingle town (a short drive) but far enough out that it's really quiet for a restfull sleep.

• 5th Sep 2014

Perfectly clean rooms and showers/toilet. Nice garden for camping. Felt a bit uncomfortable on our first stay because the hostel was quite empty and it was cold everywhere. The staff was polite and helpful but not very motivated or nice. Our second night was better because there were more people in the hostel. Altogether a good and clean hostel with very good prices, but not the loveliest one.

Perfect place to stay, to meet travelers en startingpoint for exploring the Dingle peninsula.

• 30th Aug 2014

person @ desk needed to be called on mobile, not obvious for some other hosteler I met who needed bus info early am. trek into/out of town further than usual hostels, bring light for walk after sunset, cars go fast on road. very quiet area..couldn't sleep it was so quiet!

Beautiful place to stay! A bit outside Dingle, which I find perfect, nature around and a very special place, too! Short walk will get you into the village, or go by hostel-bus, no problem. Excellent staff :-))) The big kitchen is great to play cards with others in the evening or have chat, really good atmosphere! Showers could be a bit better (not much water, took long to get the shampoo out my hair), but clean. Rainbow hostel is the nicest place, must try :-) Enjoy your stay!

• 19th Aug 2014

A bit of a walk (20 minutes) from the center of Dingle, but it's not unpleasant, and they have a free shuttle to bring you to town to catch your bus. Staff was very welcoming and had many suggestions for things to do in town, also offered to store our bags for the day and then drive them into town to meet us before our bus. No breakfast included, but two very well-equipped kitchens for cooking meals. Nice, hippie-esque place for young people and families alike.

This is my second time staying at the rainbow hostel. I enjoyed the first stay that i then recommended 7 other groups to stay at the same time. However this stay was regrettably let down by the staff. The night porter was rude and was moaning about my sister arriving late at night. He was put out about her arriving with children which is strange for a hostel that is meant to be children friendly. He demanded that i ring her at 2am to find out where she was which i did not do.

• 15th Aug 2014

I feel the Rainbow Hostel is very clean and the facilities are great for a hostel. The staff on the other hand leave a lot to be desired. The night porter / security man was at times inappropriate and quite rude to our party of people and it was almost as if having people stay at the hostel is an inconvenience for him. I hate to break this to him but he is working with people in a customer service role so wrong job choice if people annoy you. The owner / manager was not very friendly either.

• 15th Aug 2014

Liked the atmosphere and style of this hostel. It is located a bite outside of Dingle in a former farmhouse. But if you are lucky the staff might take you into the city center. Also there is camping available.

• 14th Aug 2014

Great kitchen very confortable, good location near the Slea Head if you have a car.