Rainbow Hostel Doolin Reviews

Doolin, Co Clare, Doolin, Ireland

Really helpful staff, next to 2 good pubs and a short walk to 2 more.

This is a fabulous hostel. The atmosphere is very friendly and it has a very homely feel. I loved the quirkiness of the lounge. Mattie and Carmel make you feel really at home and nothing is too much trouble. I definitely will come back for another stay.

Rainbow hostel is by far my favorite hostel I have ever stayed in. Our room was clean, comfortable and relaxing. The owners are lovely and so incredibly warm, welcoming and helpful. I only wish I could have stayed longer than two days.

• 21st Jun 2015

Staff very helpful

• 20th Jun 2015

Was a nice hostel for the area. The scones were great. WiFi is spotty. I think it's a great hostel.

Years since we stayed in a hostel but we enjoyed it so much we re booking already for next year!

• 12th Jun 2015

Lovely hostel right across the street from the bus stop to and from Galway. the hostel is cozy, quiet, clean and comfortable with a beautiful kitchen area and outdoor patio. 2 minutes walk time to the next pubs (very important :-) the owner is very nice and very helpful. would recommend and stay there again!

The perfect place to rest and chill. You have the bus at the door (bus airean), a nice pub/restaurant besides. The owner was fantastic, the room very clean and comfortable, nice kitchen, breakfast and outside benchs. One of the best hostels I've ever been. You just need to bring cash.

Was great, well located, with two good pubs within hundred meters walking, and 2km from Doolin Pier where you can take the ferry. Light breakfast amazing, with everything you need and homemade scones awesome! The colors of the rooms give a really friendly atmosphere to the place. Only weak point is the cleanliness, but nothing to be worried about ! Je recommande vivement pour un arrêt à Doolin.

Hello, I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay and partook of our free breakfast. I looked into your reservation and now know that you had sole use of one room with own bathroom. All the bed linen is freshly laundered, the bathroom is cleaned thoroughly after each guest and the kitchen is cleaned twice daily. All the common areas are cleaned daily. I wish you had told me of your concerns with cleanliness and I could have addressed them directly. Safe travels and take care. Carmel

Rainbow hostel is amazing! I absolutely loved my stay here in Doolin. Carmel and Mattie are incredibly friendly, the breakfast is delicious (Carmel makes homemade scones), the hostel is quiet and clean. Couldn't recommend this place more, and will definitely be back!

Our stay at Rainbow Hostel Doolin was really great! Lovely people, very clean kitchen and bathroom and the perfect location to start a trip to the Burren or the Cliffs of Moher!

We enjoyed our stay at Rainbow Hostel. Good atmosphere. Very good the outing with Mattie on the Landscape,and his advises for walks on Doolin area.

• 2nd Jun 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Everything was perfect!!! ...except ...we had some laundry and were not allowed to use the washing mashine ...and we asked for towels and didn't get any(:-(

Bernd, I'm glad you enjoyed your visit to our hostel but I would like to clarify the situation with laundry. The washing machines are busy with hostel laundry from morning until lunchtime. It is freely available to our guests from lunchtime until evening. Perhaps you asked us when machines were in demand but we are always happy to oblige. Apologies if we forgot to get your towels, a gentle reminder is all we need if we are very busy. I hope you enjoyed your travels. Carmel & Mattie

This stay was great the place is nice and there is a lot to see and do. Althougt there is no grocery store and no ATM in the village so come prepare

• 31st May 2015

Rainbow Hostel Doolin is a nice place to stay. The staff is really friendly and helpful. Very accomodating in terms of moveing the date of our booking. They also drew us a map with loads of beautiful places to go to, which are hard to find in guide books. Thanks for that, it was a great day in the Burren :)

This was the best hostel I've ever stayed in: the facilities are cosy and comfortable, there are two good pubs within a hundred metres, the breakfast is great (homemade bread and scones included) and the owners are lovely and make sure you have a great time at the hostel and in the area.

At the hostel located in a wonderful landscape, near the Cliffs of Moher and Aran Islands for great (day) trips, surrounded by pubs with great Irish live music, we spent some beautiful days in Doolin. The accommodation was brilliant, very cosy, especially at the fireplace after a long (sometimes rainy) day out. A huge thank you to the hostel owners who did everything to make our stay as perfect as it was: gave us advise where to go, lifts to the shop or exclusive interesting walking tours.

• 26th May 2015

Hardly saw the owner. Nice kitchen and sitting room

Best hostel experience I've ever had! Ten thousand thank you's for making my time in Doolin so special!!!!

Our hosts at Rainbow Hostel were so helpful and kind! The relaxed atmosphere made for a lovely 4 days in Doolin.

« first « Prev 1 2 3