Rainbow Hostel Doolin Reviews

Doolin, Co Clare, Doolin, Ireland

I really enjoyed staying at rainbows hostel in doolin. Even though I booked a four bed females dorm they put me in a mixed 6 bed dorm (I told them twice that I didn't book that kind of room but instead of asking they ignored what I said) but they still wanted me to pay the same price I would have paid for staying in a smaller room. Breakfast at 8:25 is definitely too late.

We loved staying at the rainbow. The owners are so nice and helpful to advice you for the tourism. We were really to meet them. Hope to go back one day:)

In very few of the hostels that say they are family run, do you actually see the family. Here you do and they make the hostel a place where you feel at home. As one of the other hostelers said, "I don't want to leave." The surrounding area is magnificent, the people are welcoming, the hostel comfortable with a fire in the lounge where everybody gathered. The kitchen was great and you were treated to fresh-baked scones in the morning. Honest and comfortable accommodation.

This was a lovely place to stay and get to experience Doolin/Cliffs of Moher! The staff was extremely helpful, as we were only staying one night and trying to pack a lot in they helped us make an itinerary and choose the bus route that best suited our scheduled. Very relaxed and warm atmosphere!

• 30th Oct 2014

only arrived at 8oclock @ night dropped bags off & headed out for food & drinks, room was nice & cosy, i had booked a private ensuite for myself & my boyfriend, would return again, good value for money, pubs are just few yards away from you.

• 24th Oct 2014

five star hostel ...... very good all round

I stayed for nearly two weeks in this lovely hostel. The owners Mattie and Carmel are welcoming, accommodating, and hugely knowledgeable about the area of the Burren - Mattie even took us on a tour of the Eco Park. The hostel has a warm, communal feel, very laid-back, clean and comfortable. Great location, excellent for a walking holiday or a quiet country getaway. Can't recommend enough.

Nice hostel in this quaint little town. Hostel owners own the B&B next door.. very nice. Comfortable beds with a nice bathroom in the room. Right near "downtown." Other hostel stayers were nice. Would recommend it if staying in Doolin.

Great 2 night stay. Delicious breakfasts with scones! Clean, secure and a great homebase for exploring the surrounding areas.

Our stay at Rainbow Hostel was simply perfect.

Interesting little location in Ireland, would have never found it without a GPS! Very close to the Cliffs of Moher of course and I was told you could hike it from the town. We decided to rent a car and see the cliffs at sunset and were very pleased to do so. As for the hostel it was very clean, good wifi, hot showers, and an excellent value. Noticed people of all ages staying there. Plenty of restaurants nearby. Would return and recommend.

A really homely atmosphere

what a great place you have there!! one of the nicest hostels i ever stayed in!

This was one of the best hostels I stayed in Ireland. Very nice and a real family feeling when you are there. Cozy, beautifull surrounding, what do you need more?

First time I stayed in a hostel. Mattie was excellent. Felt very welcome on arrival. Shown all facilities on arrival. Arranged to leave my motor on site while I travelled to the islands. Mattie arranged for me to be dropped and collected from ferry. Carmel was very friendly on my return and invited me to use facilities before I set off on my travels. Great and friendly service. Facilities well respected by its visitors.

• 31st Aug 2014

Carmel & Mattie made us feel like part of the family. It really was a home away from home. Facilities were spotless and there was a lovely relaxed atmosphere around the fire even though it was busy. The local information provided was invaluable. We would definitely stay here again and would highly recommend this hostel! Thanks for everything.

Great stay. Had a lovely clean room and bathroom. Only complaints was there was no clean towels available and the breakfast was non existent. Besides all that it's a great place to stay and see doolin in the cheap!

• 29th Aug 2014

Towels are available free of charge on request, all you had to do was ask. Tea towels are changed daily, as needed, in the kitchen. There is free tea/coffee/scones and bread for toast in the morning in the kitchen, replenished regularly from 8 am onwards. Take care, from Carmel & Mattie

Lovely staff, big rooms and great facilities.

Hostel is spotless,great facilities very friendly owner.great location.had a double room beds are so comfortable.would highly recommend it.

• 24th Aug 2014

Great time, felt very welcome will go again.

• 22nd Aug 2014