Rainbow Hostel Doolin Reviews

Doolin, Co Clare, Doolin, Ireland

Stayed one night here after visiting the Cliffs of Moher and it was exactly what we needed. Comfortable beds, clean and a nice breakfast included in the morning. Outdoor sitting for when it is nice and a very well equipped kitchen. Try and go listen to the Irish music played at the restaurant next to the Doolin Hotel, had a nice dinner and loved the atmosphere with the music afterwards. Enjoy your stay and I definitely recommend the Rainbow hostel!

• 23rd Apr 2015

The room was great, we were traveling with two adults and two children. The staff was incredibly helpful. The internet went out but was fixed the next day. The kitchen was efficient to cook in and breakfast was waiting for us a half hour early as we were leaving on the bus. Exceptional

• 6th Apr 2015

Cosy and charming hostel in a great location in the cracking little village of Doolin. Clean and comfortable, a proper kitchen and a sunny terrace. It was a quiet place and I had a very relaxing time there. It's not good when there's no toilet roll in the bathroom though, which should never happen :(

Great place to stay, second time staying will be visiting again. Perfect location, homely, easy going, safe and spotless.

Very cosy and welcoming, felt like walking into a warm living room! Very comfortable with great facilities and enough room for everyone, didn't feel like I was taking up space when we were cooking dinner. The owners are lovely people with great knowledge of the local area and the top attractions!

This is one of the best hostels I've stayed at. The owners are incredibly kind and go out of their way to make sure you have a good stay. When we booked a ferry, they realized the sailing time was earlier that day due to tides and drove us to the dock so we made it on time.

Hostel was close to the cliffs of moher, it has free breakfast and a great kitchen but there was no Wi-Fi and it kind of felt like you were in someone's house. The bus will drop you off and pick you up right in front of the hostel though!

We had a really lovely time and the hostel owners went above and beyond to make sure that we were comfortable and had everything we needed. Would definitely recommend this hostel!!

• 23rd Mar 2015

Our stay at Raonbow Hostel was good. We stayed here at the high recommendation of friends. Because we were during off-season (Mid March), I think perhaps we missed some of the atmosphere that previous reviewers and guests experienced. The beds were warm and rooms were clean. I would suggest buying breakfast food because we did not and ended up going elsewhere each morning. Also, the wifi was out so just know it is unreliable. Overall, just fine.

This hostel is such a gem! In the cutest little town of Doolin, which I imagine has the most bars per capita in all of Ireland... population: 100, bars: 4. Very friendly staff, beautiful atmosphere; could not ask for anything more! Only downside of this destination is that it is not so easily accessible by public transit. But worth it none-the-less.

Rainbow Hostel is in a great location in Doolin. Very closed to some pubs and a short drive from the cliffs. Hostel owners were extremely helpful in assisting with an issue I had, arriving quite late at night. Very friendly. Would definitely stay here again on another trip.

excelent value. i had a double bed. very cosy and comfortable even with tge bad weather outside

I really like the location of the hostel, it was nice to be out of the city and be with the locals. The rooms were really nice and I really enjoyed the fire in the living room.

The Rainbow Hostel is in a lovely location.. nice breakfast very clean and cosy by open fire in the Evenings... The Owners Carmel and Mattie very friendly and welcoming..... Noel{ Room 9}

Noel, thank you very much for your comments, it was very good to have you stay at the Rainbow. Take care. Carmel at the Rainbow

So cozy and homey. Perfect especially for a small town hostel. The kind of hostel where you can hang out and read without feeling like you're missing out on the travel experience. Great location/staff. Thanks!

• 17th Jan 2015

Rainbow Hostel is the best hostel I have ever stayed in (have traveled in 14 countries). Very clean, hot showers, great kitchen, great hosts. The common room is super cosy with a warm fireplace. Nice proximity to Cliffs of Moher and Doolin

I slept in a single room, very confortable and the bed was so big. My experience was very peacefull and nice. I would like to come back again.

The Rainbow Hostel is such a nice place. There is a warm and uncomplicated atmosphere. The location is great for walks to the Cliffs of Moher or going to the pub...several pubs. Breaktfast is simple but ok. The bus station is just out of the door. We really enjoyed our stay.

I really enjoyed staying at rainbows hostel in doolin. Even though I booked a four bed females dorm they put me in a mixed 6 bed dorm (I told them twice that I didn't book that kind of room but instead of asking they ignored what I said) but they still wanted me to pay the same price I would have paid for staying in a smaller room. Breakfast at 8:25 is definitely too late.

Tabea, I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hostel. I was away when you arrived but, Melissa, the woman who took care of your booking, assured me that she offered you the female room.once she realised that you had indeed reserved a female room. You told her that you would remain in the mixed room with your friend. She also deducted the price difference. Apologies if breakfast was late, normally starts at 8am. Safe travels, Carmel at the Rainbow

We loved staying at the rainbow. The owners are so nice and helpful to advice you for the tourism. We were really to meet them. Hope to go back one day:)