Rainbow Hostel Doolin Reviews

Doolin, Co Clare, Doolin, Ireland

We had a really lovely time and the hostel owners went above and beyond to make sure that we were comfortable and had everything we needed. Would definitely recommend this hostel!!

• 23rd Mar 2015

Our stay at Raonbow Hostel was good. We stayed here at the high recommendation of friends. Because we were during off-season (Mid March), I think perhaps we missed some of the atmosphere that previous reviewers and guests experienced. The beds were warm and rooms were clean. I would suggest buying breakfast food because we did not and ended up going elsewhere each morning. Also, the wifi was out so just know it is unreliable. Overall, just fine.

This hostel is such a gem! In the cutest little town of Doolin, which I imagine has the most bars per capita in all of Ireland... population: 100, bars: 4. Very friendly staff, beautiful atmosphere; could not ask for anything more! Only downside of this destination is that it is not so easily accessible by public transit. But worth it none-the-less.

Rainbow Hostel is in a great location in Doolin. Very closed to some pubs and a short drive from the cliffs. Hostel owners were extremely helpful in assisting with an issue I had, arriving quite late at night. Very friendly. Would definitely stay here again on another trip.

excelent value. i had a double bed. very cosy and comfortable even with tge bad weather outside

I really like the location of the hostel, it was nice to be out of the city and be with the locals. The rooms were really nice and I really enjoyed the fire in the living room.

The Rainbow Hostel is in a lovely location.. nice breakfast very clean and cosy by open fire in the Evenings... The Owners Carmel and Mattie very friendly and welcoming..... Noel{ Room 9}

Noel, thank you very much for your comments, it was very good to have you stay at the Rainbow. Take care. Carmel at the Rainbow

So cozy and homey. Perfect especially for a small town hostel. The kind of hostel where you can hang out and read without feeling like you're missing out on the travel experience. Great location/staff. Thanks!

• 17th Jan 2015

Rainbow Hostel is the best hostel I have ever stayed in (have traveled in 14 countries). Very clean, hot showers, great kitchen, great hosts. The common room is super cosy with a warm fireplace. Nice proximity to Cliffs of Moher and Doolin

I slept in a single room, very confortable and the bed was so big. My experience was very peacefull and nice. I would like to come back again.

The Rainbow Hostel is such a nice place. There is a warm and uncomplicated atmosphere. The location is great for walks to the Cliffs of Moher or going to the pub...several pubs. Breaktfast is simple but ok. The bus station is just out of the door. We really enjoyed our stay.

I really enjoyed staying at rainbows hostel in doolin. Even though I booked a four bed females dorm they put me in a mixed 6 bed dorm (I told them twice that I didn't book that kind of room but instead of asking they ignored what I said) but they still wanted me to pay the same price I would have paid for staying in a smaller room. Breakfast at 8:25 is definitely too late.

Tabea, I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hostel. I was away when you arrived but, Melissa, the woman who took care of your booking, assured me that she offered you the female room.once she realised that you had indeed reserved a female room. You told her that you would remain in the mixed room with your friend. She also deducted the price difference. Apologies if breakfast was late, normally starts at 8am. Safe travels, Carmel at the Rainbow

We loved staying at the rainbow. The owners are so nice and helpful to advice you for the tourism. We were really to meet them. Hope to go back one day:)

In very few of the hostels that say they are family run, do you actually see the family. Here you do and they make the hostel a place where you feel at home. As one of the other hostelers said, "I don't want to leave." The surrounding area is magnificent, the people are welcoming, the hostel comfortable with a fire in the lounge where everybody gathered. The kitchen was great and you were treated to fresh-baked scones in the morning. Honest and comfortable accommodation.

This was a lovely place to stay and get to experience Doolin/Cliffs of Moher! The staff was extremely helpful, as we were only staying one night and trying to pack a lot in they helped us make an itinerary and choose the bus route that best suited our scheduled. Very relaxed and warm atmosphere!

• 30th Oct 2014

only arrived at 8oclock @ night dropped bags off & headed out for food & drinks, room was nice & cosy, i had booked a private ensuite for myself & my boyfriend, would return again, good value for money, pubs are just few yards away from you.

• 24th Oct 2014

five star hostel ...... very good all round

I stayed for nearly two weeks in this lovely hostel. The owners Mattie and Carmel are welcoming, accommodating, and hugely knowledgeable about the area of the Burren - Mattie even took us on a tour of the Eco Park. The hostel has a warm, communal feel, very laid-back, clean and comfortable. Great location, excellent for a walking holiday or a quiet country getaway. Can't recommend enough.