Rainbow Hostel Doolin Reviews

Doolin, Co Clare, Doolin, Ireland

Extraordinary breakfast and very friendly staff. We would come again!

• 9th Feb 2016

Had a perfect stay here. Really enjoyable. Met lovely people in the hostel including the staff - it was great. Great location in Doolin also

Hi Carmel We loved your hostel and will come back. I want to thank you for neutralising the situation with the woman in our room. I do apologise again for waking her up but I am now not sorry, as I later heard what happened to the other 3 girls in the room. I didn't hear the worst of her snoring but it kept awake the 3 other girls in the room most of the night. I know you can't control these things but she was really bad with a nasty attitude. Forget about all this on the coming..enjoy.

Great hosts. Mattie is such a calm and reassuring host ( he's a real life hero, a coastguard!) thank you, alice

Nice clean cosy hostel and made feel welcome on a fresh autumns evening...will stay here again.

• 16th Oct 2015

This place is wonderful. It's off the beaten path so bring what you need no corner store for miles. Close to the harbor to get a boat to Aran island and then to the cliffs. There is a Irish gift store that will ship your purchase home ..plus you save the tax great way to shop . Well back to rain bow I would have stayed longer if I had a car..it was so relaxing

Our friend's recommendation was spot on. We decided to stay an extra night. We will certainly recommend Rainbow to others. Thanks Carmel & Mattie

Carmel was a wonderful host! The hostel is located right in front of a bus stop and walking distance to 2 pubs that had wonderful Irish music.

Nice kitchen with lots of space. Two very nice restaurants a shortshort walk away.

Matty & Carm were dedicated and friendly hosts. They pal around with the guests, go the extra mile to make wveryone's visit to Doolin better. Great place!

• 13th Sep 2015

Checkin process is a little disorganized but I cannot complain. When the owners Mattie and Carmel are around they are willing to help in any way possible. Wonderful atmosphere, nice roomy kitchen.

• 12th Sep 2015
  • melissafavis
  • Philippines

Rough enough, no towels in bathroom , snails crawling around, staf not very friendly

There were 4 of you for 2 nights and not one of you raised any issue with us. Towels are available free of charge, all you had to do was ask. Your comment on snails does not merit a reply. We facilitated a late check in for you on a night of fierce flooding in the area. It is ok when children exaggerate to make a point, it is sad when adults do so. It is our misfortune that you chose our lovely hostel to reserve a room.

Would go there again.

Very enjoyable stay and excellent hostel

I had a wonderful stay at the rainbow hostel! Mrs Carmel was so kind and nice to us! The hostel was cute and cozy, it made us feel in another time since we could not access the wifi, but it was amazing just for this! I stayed there for one night, yet I felt in a big international family!

Great hostel except that the wifi did not work AT ALL, not even a little, while I was there. A big possible source of frustration and boredom. Luckily there were a great group of people who stayed there when I was. Crawling distance from 2 great pubs, extensive and well supplied kitchen, good breakfast. Everything was clean and beds were comfortable! I would stay here again if the wifi is sorted out in the meanwhile. About a 8km hike to the cliffs from the hostel.

Great atmosphere, felt cozy, like being at home. Nice big kitchen and comfortable common space. The staff was fantastic, very helpful and knowledgable about the area. They even remembered my name and asked how I liked the Island they had recommended. Only negative was that the wifi was really spotty, but there's several pubs down the street with free wifi so it wasn't a big issue.

Very cosy and friendly hostel. would recommend to anyone.

• 19th Aug 2015
  • Couple, 41+

It's a very nice place, nice athmosphere and very friendly staff!

We spent 2 nights at the Rainbow hostel with our two preteens. Our ensuite room was very cozy and our 2 nights were very quiet. The beds are very comfortable. A nice continental breakfast was included in the price. We appreciated to cook in the well equipped kitchen in the evening. Our room was clean and Carmel, the owner, made us feel welcome.