Rainbow Hostel Doolin Reviews

Doolin, Co Clare, Doolin, Ireland

five star hostel ...... very good all round

I stayed for nearly two weeks in this lovely hostel. The owners Mattie and Carmel are welcoming, accommodating, and hugely knowledgeable about the area of the Burren - Mattie even took us on a tour of the Eco Park. The hostel has a warm, communal feel, very laid-back, clean and comfortable. Great location, excellent for a walking holiday or a quiet country getaway. Can't recommend enough.

Nice hostel in this quaint little town. Hostel owners own the B&B next door.. very nice. Comfortable beds with a nice bathroom in the room. Right near "downtown." Other hostel stayers were nice. Would recommend it if staying in Doolin.

Great 2 night stay. Delicious breakfasts with scones! Clean, secure and a great homebase for exploring the surrounding areas.

Our stay at Rainbow Hostel was simply perfect.

Interesting little location in Ireland, would have never found it without a GPS! Very close to the Cliffs of Moher of course and I was told you could hike it from the town. We decided to rent a car and see the cliffs at sunset and were very pleased to do so. As for the hostel it was very clean, good wifi, hot showers, and an excellent value. Noticed people of all ages staying there. Plenty of restaurants nearby. Would return and recommend.

A really homely atmosphere

what a great place you have there!! one of the nicest hostels i ever stayed in!

This was one of the best hostels I stayed in Ireland. Very nice and a real family feeling when you are there. Cozy, beautifull surrounding, what do you need more?

First time I stayed in a hostel. Mattie was excellent. Felt very welcome on arrival. Shown all facilities on arrival. Arranged to leave my motor on site while I travelled to the islands. Mattie arranged for me to be dropped and collected from ferry. Carmel was very friendly on my return and invited me to use facilities before I set off on my travels. Great and friendly service. Facilities well respected by its visitors.

• 31st Aug 2014

Carmel & Mattie made us feel like part of the family. It really was a home away from home. Facilities were spotless and there was a lovely relaxed atmosphere around the fire even though it was busy. The local information provided was invaluable. We would definitely stay here again and would highly recommend this hostel! Thanks for everything.

Great stay. Had a lovely clean room and bathroom. Only complaints was there was no clean towels available and the breakfast was non existent. Besides all that it's a great place to stay and see doolin in the cheap!

• 29th Aug 2014

Towels are available free of charge on request, all you had to do was ask. Tea towels are changed daily, as needed, in the kitchen. There is free tea/coffee/scones and bread for toast in the morning in the kitchen, replenished regularly from 8 am onwards. Take care, from Carmel & Mattie

Lovely staff, big rooms and great facilities.

Hostel is spotless,great facilities very friendly owner.great location.had a double room beds are so comfortable.would highly recommend it.

• 24th Aug 2014

Great time, felt very welcome will go again.

• 22nd Aug 2014

Carmel is a lovely lady. Would def stay again.

• 16th Aug 2014

I have heard nothing but great things of the Rainbow Hostel in Doolin! I had some friends stay here last year and they highly recommended it. When I planned on visiting Doolin I booked a room a week in advance, unfortunately things changed and I never made it to Doolin. Thankfully Rainbow Hostel was kind enough not to charge me!! I told them the day I was due to arrive. This speaks so much to me and when I do venture to Doolin I WILL be staying at the Rainbow Hostel!!!

• 29th Jul 2014

Great little hostel. We had difficulty figuring out who owned the hostel when we arrived in order to check in but once we did we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Everything was clean, the beds were comfortable and the location was great. Would recommend.

Really enjoyed our stay here . Owner was very personable, and even drove us to the grocery store to pick up a few things before we left town. Thank you!

Very nice staff at a very nice location! Thanks a lot to the owners Carmel and Mattie for the lovely welcome and stay at Rainbow Hostel!!! I will definitely come back there!

« first « Prev 1 2 3