Rainbow Hostel Doolin Reviews

Doolin, Co Clare, Doolin, Ireland

Great hosts and hostel. We even met them up at the bar and got the entire local experience. 100% recommend this hostel

• 18th Jul 2014
  • India

Very good hostel, friendly and helpfull and assisting hosts, clean, well organized and well prepared for families!

• 14th Jul 2014
  • Austria

I can't complain about anything?it is a great hostel to stay in.

Mattie wasn't around when we needed help, almost missed our bus (not another for 8 hrs) trying to pay him (cash only). Carmel was even worse. Asked if she could show us where the laundry was (after already asking Mattie the previous day) but she hopped in the car with him to go out to dinner. But the hostel itself has great bedrooms and a large, well-lit kitchen.

The hostel was overbooked, so our reserved room was not available. For the first night we were relocated to a diffrent hostel and the second night we were moved to the next door B&B which is owned by the same people. We received free breakfast both days which was a super bonus. Should I return to Doolin we'll stay with them again.

Great family-owned hostel. Rooms and grounds were very clean and enjoyable. Easy walk to the pubs/cafes in Doolin. Best hostel I've stayed at in Ireland.

• 27th Jun 2014

One of the best hostels I've stayed in in Ireland. Great value for money and very clean. Loved the breakfast of scones and toast at no extra cost.

• 27th Jun 2014

It's a great hostel in a fantastic place. Very quiet at night. The staff are so helpful. I'll be coming back for sure!

Carmel and Matty were the best. This was my first time to Ireland and also staying in a Hostel and other Hostels are gonna have a hard act to follow. Both patrons were so helpful with maps, directions, and suggestions. We'd booked a room to accomodate 4 adults and they upgraded us to a bigger room for 6 for the same price. The pubs and restaurants were all within walking distance. Beautiful location. Hope to return one day.

• 17th Jun 2014

Very friendly family atmosphere.

Such a beautiful little town, could have stayed for weeks and relaxed. The staff were very friendly and accommodating for us. Will definitely stay again if we make it back to Ireland!

A LOVELY PLACE

• 7th Jun 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Very kind people who run this hostel. I stayed there for one night. The room was clean except for the bathroom. I found there a lot of long haires. Still, i have not much to complain about. For this price it was perfect. In the evening you can sit in the living room at an open fire. For the breakfast they had toast, marmalade, butter and little sweet bread rolls!

Hello Anex, thank you for staying with us and I'm glad you enjoyed your time here at the Rainbow. I've checked your room with regard to your comment on the bathroom. You stayed in a 6 bed mixed dorm and bathrooms are cleaned thoroughly daily. However it would be impractical for us to clean each shower after each guest use so it is likely that something would remain from another person, it is a fact of life in shared dorms. I hope that you had a great holiday. Best wishes, Carmel & Mattie

We stayed in many places during our short visit in Ireland, but I felt best at Rainbow Hostel Doolin. I would like to thank you for the atmosphere and lift to cliffs. It is obvious that you do it with LOVE.

Fabulous! First time I had stayed in a hostel (age 28!) So wasn't sure what to expect. Lovely place, lovely people and very homely living room with the most amazing fire in the evening. Very clean. Wi-Fi and breakfast a much appreciated added bonus. Only could squeeze in one night this time but hope to return next year for the doolin folk festival. Fingers crossed! x

• 3rd Jun 2014

The best hostel I've stayed in in Ireland! So cosy and welcoming! Mattie and Carmel's ability to make everyone feel at home truly is incredible - they really make the effort to ensure your stay is fulfilling. Breakfast was excellent, there's a lovely warm peat fire at night and the hostel was always nice and quiet. Very easy to meet other travelers in the lounge too. I'll definitely be back!

Nice place, owner friendly and helpful.

• 27th May 2014

What a lovely ,homely,welcoming house ,our guest could not have been more helpful as on arrival our car broke down and they did all they could including jump starting the car and putting it on a battery charger for us ! to help . We would highly recommend staying here. Friendly,smiling faces at all times and great scones as well. Thank you Mattie & Carmel

• 24th May 2014

Nice Little Hostel. Very good Location for arrive and depart the Buses. Bus stop directly in front of the hostel.

A nice place to stay: Comfortable rooms, a well equipped kitchen, and a Lounge with a fine oven to take the chills out of the spring evenings. Breakfast is provided: Scones, toast, bread and jamt. The owners are very helpful. Best of all were the guided tours of The Burren by Mattie. I would stay there anytime again.

• 21st May 2014