9.0
Superb 1,050 Total Reviews
9.0
Superb 1,050 Total Reviews
Rainbow Hostel Doolin Located at Doolin, Co Clare, Doolin.
Ireland
Doolin Clare Doolin, Co Clare
90% 1050
53.0196760 -9.3705060
    Rooms available

• England, All Female Group, 18-24
13th Jul 2016

Lovely and welcoming hosts combined with a comfy, homely living room positioned in the middle of the hostel were perfect ingredients for creating a friendly and welcoming atmostphere. The bus stop was virtually outside the hostel, meaning easy access to the Cliffs of Moher- a must see! I very much enjoyed visiting the four pubs with traditional irish music within easy walking distance of the hostel. Most importantly, I would recommend requesting to see Matty's archaeolgical slideshow!

• Canada, Female, 41+
8th Jul 2016

The star of my trip to Ireland was thentwo days in Doolin at the Rainbow Hostel! Walk in the Burren, Cliffs of Moher, Perfumery and its lovely little garden, pubs, and Mattie and Carmel, my hosts, everything was just perfect!!!

• Hungary, Female, 25-30
1st Jul 2016
7.4

It was a bit far away from the harbour, but the staff were really kind, and they took me to the harbour, when I wanted to go.

29th Jun 2016

Great stay at rainbow hostel. Nice people, great kitchen, and close walk to town. Also a plus the bus stop is right outside.

24th Jun 2016
6.9

I hate to bring down the hostel's rating because the owners were out of town for a wedding that week, so in charge was someone who had worked there one week and someone who had worked there two weeks. It was very unorganized due to this. With that said, when they said they weren't the owners and it was their first time running shop, I got it. I had a car, but I thought I would walk to the cliff and not pay the fee to park...Well 7 hours of walking there, a portion of the cliffs, and back. OUCH

Hello, thank you for your review. The female worker has been with us for a month and the male worker was here for just a week but he worked with us during the whole of last Summer. They are very capable and gracious hosts and there was a lot of compliments about them on our return. I regret that you found it disorganised. The first part of the cliff walk from Doolin to Cliffs of Moher is 8 km and takes approximately 2 hours for the average walker. I have done it many times myself and it is stunning. I hope you enjoyed your travels. Best wishes, from Carmel & Mattie at the Rainbow

• Canada, Male, 25-30
23rd Jun 2016

Audrey and Tim were staffing the hostel during my stay and are incredible hosts. On the clock they looked after any need and off the clock, they remain and socialize with the guests, keep the fire warm, and would join you for a pint if heading out to the same spot for an evening to enjoy the live music that happens nightly in any of Doolin's local pubs. I was also amazed that gluten free food and beer is widely available in the nearby cafes and pubs.

• Ireland, Couple, 41+
21st Jun 2016

As a newcomer to the hostel experience I was pleasantly surprised. We had a private room ensuite. The ensuite was spotless. Bed linen fresh. Great cooking facilities. The location is excellent. Will definitely use this hostel again.

• USA, Female, 41+
19th Jun 2016

We loved staying at the Rainbow Hostel. Close to walks to the ocean, very close to some really cool pubs with great music, close to town and bus stops in front. The owners were great and the other people staying there were fun to get to know. Casual breakfast, make your own continental breakfast with breads, jams and cereals or cook using their very nice kitchen. The hostel is like being in someones very cool home. Beds were comfy and clean. They accommodated us when we arrived early.

14th Jun 2016

Great staff and overall a nice and cosy place to stay. But if you plan a trip trough County Clare, Doolin is not the most convenient spot to start daytrips, because public transport is really limited. But it's great as a starting point for biking to The Burren and a walk to the Cliffs of Moher.

3rd Jun 2016

Overall, a great hostel. It was cheap, the beds we're clean and the shower was warm. Couldn't have asked for much more