Rainbow Hostel Doolin Reviews

Doolin, Co Clare, Doolin, Ireland

Hostel is spotless,great facilities very friendly owner.great location.had a double room beds are so comfortable.would highly recommend it.

• 24th Aug 2014

Great time, felt very welcome will go again.

• 22nd Aug 2014

****hole. Looks like it was never cleaned, depressing atmosphere, dont take credit cards.

• 22nd Aug 2014

Carmel is a lovely lady. Would def stay again.

• 16th Aug 2014

I have heard nothing but great things of the Rainbow Hostel in Doolin! I had some friends stay here last year and they highly recommended it. When I planned on visiting Doolin I booked a room a week in advance, unfortunately things changed and I never made it to Doolin. Thankfully Rainbow Hostel was kind enough not to charge me!! I told them the day I was due to arrive. This speaks so much to me and when I do venture to Doolin I WILL be staying at the Rainbow Hostel!!!

• 29th Jul 2014

Great little hostel. We had difficulty figuring out who owned the hostel when we arrived in order to check in but once we did we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Everything was clean, the beds were comfortable and the location was great. Would recommend.

Really enjoyed our stay here . Owner was very personable, and even drove us to the grocery store to pick up a few things before we left town. Thank you!

Very nice staff at a very nice location! Thanks a lot to the owners Carmel and Mattie for the lovely welcome and stay at Rainbow Hostel!!! I will definitely come back there!

Great hosts and hostel. We even met them up at the bar and got the entire local experience. 100% recommend this hostel

• 18th Jul 2014
  • India

I stayed in the B&B next door--same owners, and used the facilities of the hostel. Relaxed atmosphere and excellent place to stay. Mattie invited me to join a walk/tour the first evening and gave a great overview of natural and human history while walking on the Burren limestone and down to the sea. He gave this for free. When I asked for the price of a bike for just an hour or two, he said just to take it. I had a car (not really needed) and left while spending 3 days on Inishmore.

• 16th Jul 2014

Very good hostel, friendly and helpfull and assisting hosts, clean, well organized and well prepared for families!

• 14th Jul 2014
  • Austria

I can't complain about anything?it is a great hostel to stay in.

Mattie wasn't around when we needed help, almost missed our bus (not another for 8 hrs) trying to pay him (cash only). Carmel was even worse. Asked if she could show us where the laundry was (after already asking Mattie the previous day) but she hopped in the car with him to go out to dinner. But the hostel itself has great bedrooms and a large, well-lit kitchen.

The hostel was overbooked, so our reserved room was not available. For the first night we were relocated to a diffrent hostel and the second night we were moved to the next door B&B which is owned by the same people. We received free breakfast both days which was a super bonus. Should I return to Doolin we'll stay with them again.

Great family-owned hostel. Rooms and grounds were very clean and enjoyable. Easy walk to the pubs/cafes in Doolin. Best hostel I've stayed at in Ireland.

• 27th Jun 2014

One of the best hostels I've stayed in in Ireland. Great value for money and very clean. Loved the breakfast of scones and toast at no extra cost.

• 27th Jun 2014

It's a great hostel in a fantastic place. Very quiet at night. The staff are so helpful. I'll be coming back for sure!

Carmel and Matty were the best. This was my first time to Ireland and also staying in a Hostel and other Hostels are gonna have a hard act to follow. Both patrons were so helpful with maps, directions, and suggestions. We'd booked a room to accomodate 4 adults and they upgraded us to a bigger room for 6 for the same price. The pubs and restaurants were all within walking distance. Beautiful location. Hope to return one day.

• 17th Jun 2014

Very friendly family atmosphere.

Such a beautiful little town, could have stayed for weeks and relaxed. The staff were very friendly and accommodating for us. Will definitely stay again if we make it back to Ireland!

« first « Prev 1 2 3