Rainbow Hostel Doolin Reviews

Doolin, Co Clare, Doolin, Ireland

Very clean and comfortable hostel ! Thank you.

• 22nd Jul 2015

Carmel and Mattie were excellent hosts. We enjoyed our stay in the Rainbow Hostel very much.

• 20th Jul 2015
  • Spain

The best hostel I have stayed at in years! The owners are absolutely wonderful and really care about their guests and want you to enjoy Dooliin!

• 20th Jul 2015

I would just make one suggestion for a more restful stay -- signs to ask people (including the owners !) to keep voices down at night and early morning -- doors closed between living quarters and bedrooms would help also . Thank you.

• 17th Jul 2015

A wonderful place with wonderful people. You won't want to leave!

• 16th Jul 2015

Mattie and Caramel are excellent! They drove is area town of it was too far to walk. Overall a very great experience!

• 11th Jul 2015

The owners are really friendly and welcoming. It was an excellent choice. The breakfast is included and is great!

• 11th Jul 2015

My family ( 2 kids ages 10&11) loved our stay at the Rainbow Hostel. Great place to introduce children to hostel experience because of friendly hosts and warm atmosphere. The owners actually gave us a lift in their car to Haggs Head - the perfect point to starting our walk on Cliffs to Doolin. Loved the hostel's effort to be environmentally conscientious. Great location close to two wonderful music pubs.

• 8th Jul 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Really helpful staff, next to 2 good pubs and a short walk to 2 more.

This is a fabulous hostel. The atmosphere is very friendly and it has a very homely feel. I loved the quirkiness of the lounge. Mattie and Carmel make you feel really at home and nothing is too much trouble. I definitely will come back for another stay.

Rainbow hostel is by far my favorite hostel I have ever stayed in. Our room was clean, comfortable and relaxing. The owners are lovely and so incredibly warm, welcoming and helpful. I only wish I could have stayed longer than two days.

• 21st Jun 2015

Staff very helpful

• 20th Jun 2015

Was a nice hostel for the area. The scones were great. WiFi is spotty. I think it's a great hostel.

Years since we stayed in a hostel but we enjoyed it so much we re booking already for next year!

• 12th Jun 2015

Lovely hostel right across the street from the bus stop to and from Galway. the hostel is cozy, quiet, clean and comfortable with a beautiful kitchen area and outdoor patio. 2 minutes walk time to the next pubs (very important :-) the owner is very nice and very helpful. would recommend and stay there again!

Homely, good location. Staff are super friendly. A nice quiet place to relax :)

The perfect place to rest and chill. You have the bus at the door (bus airean), a nice pub/restaurant besides. The owner was fantastic, the room very clean and comfortable, nice kitchen, breakfast and outside benchs. One of the best hostels I've ever been. You just need to bring cash.

Was great, well located, with two good pubs within hundred meters walking, and 2km from Doolin Pier where you can take the ferry. Light breakfast amazing, with everything you need and homemade scones awesome! The colors of the rooms give a really friendly atmosphere to the place. Only weak point is the cleanliness, but nothing to be worried about ! Je recommande vivement pour un arrêt à Doolin.

Hello, I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay and partook of our free breakfast. I looked into your reservation and now know that you had sole use of one room with own bathroom. All the bed linen is freshly laundered, the bathroom is cleaned thoroughly after each guest and the kitchen is cleaned twice daily. All the common areas are cleaned daily. I wish you had told me of your concerns with cleanliness and I could have addressed them directly. Safe travels and take care. Carmel

Rainbow hostel is amazing! I absolutely loved my stay here in Doolin. Carmel and Mattie are incredibly friendly, the breakfast is delicious (Carmel makes homemade scones), the hostel is quiet and clean. Couldn't recommend this place more, and will definitely be back!

Our stay at Rainbow Hostel Doolin was really great! Lovely people, very clean kitchen and bathroom and the perfect location to start a trip to the Burren or the Cliffs of Moher!

« first « Prev 1 2 3