Rainbow Hostel Doolin Reviews

Doolin, Co Clare, Doolin, Ireland

The Rainbow Hostel is in a lovely location.. nice breakfast very clean and cosy by open fire in the Evenings... The Owners Carmel and Mattie very friendly and welcoming..... Noel{ Room 9}

Noel, thank you very much for your comments, it was very good to have you stay at the Rainbow. Take care. Carmel at the Rainbow

So cozy and homey. Perfect especially for a small town hostel. The kind of hostel where you can hang out and read without feeling like you're missing out on the travel experience. Great location/staff. Thanks!

• 17th Jan 2015

Rainbow Hostel is the best hostel I have ever stayed in (have traveled in 14 countries). Very clean, hot showers, great kitchen, great hosts. The common room is super cosy with a warm fireplace. Nice proximity to Cliffs of Moher and Doolin

I slept in a single room, very confortable and the bed was so big. My experience was very peacefull and nice. I would like to come back again.

The Rainbow Hostel is such a nice place. There is a warm and uncomplicated atmosphere. The location is great for walks to the Cliffs of Moher or going to the pub...several pubs. Breaktfast is simple but ok. The bus station is just out of the door. We really enjoyed our stay.

I really enjoyed staying at rainbows hostel in doolin. Even though I booked a four bed females dorm they put me in a mixed 6 bed dorm (I told them twice that I didn't book that kind of room but instead of asking they ignored what I said) but they still wanted me to pay the same price I would have paid for staying in a smaller room. Breakfast at 8:25 is definitely too late.

Tabea, I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hostel. I was away when you arrived but, Melissa, the woman who took care of your booking, assured me that she offered you the female room.once she realised that you had indeed reserved a female room. You told her that you would remain in the mixed room with your friend. She also deducted the price difference. Apologies if breakfast was late, normally starts at 8am. Safe travels, Carmel at the Rainbow

We loved staying at the rainbow. The owners are so nice and helpful to advice you for the tourism. We were really to meet them. Hope to go back one day:)

In very few of the hostels that say they are family run, do you actually see the family. Here you do and they make the hostel a place where you feel at home. As one of the other hostelers said, "I don't want to leave." The surrounding area is magnificent, the people are welcoming, the hostel comfortable with a fire in the lounge where everybody gathered. The kitchen was great and you were treated to fresh-baked scones in the morning. Honest and comfortable accommodation.

This was a lovely place to stay and get to experience Doolin/Cliffs of Moher! The staff was extremely helpful, as we were only staying one night and trying to pack a lot in they helped us make an itinerary and choose the bus route that best suited our scheduled. Very relaxed and warm atmosphere!

• 30th Oct 2014

only arrived at 8oclock @ night dropped bags off & headed out for food & drinks, room was nice & cosy, i had booked a private ensuite for myself & my boyfriend, would return again, good value for money, pubs are just few yards away from you.

• 24th Oct 2014

five star hostel ...... very good all round

I stayed for nearly two weeks in this lovely hostel. The owners Mattie and Carmel are welcoming, accommodating, and hugely knowledgeable about the area of the Burren - Mattie even took us on a tour of the Eco Park. The hostel has a warm, communal feel, very laid-back, clean and comfortable. Great location, excellent for a walking holiday or a quiet country getaway. Can't recommend enough.

Nice hostel in this quaint little town. Hostel owners own the B&B next door.. very nice. Comfortable beds with a nice bathroom in the room. Right near "downtown." Other hostel stayers were nice. Would recommend it if staying in Doolin.

Great 2 night stay. Delicious breakfasts with scones! Clean, secure and a great homebase for exploring the surrounding areas.

Our stay at Rainbow Hostel was simply perfect.

Interesting little location in Ireland, would have never found it without a GPS! Very close to the Cliffs of Moher of course and I was told you could hike it from the town. We decided to rent a car and see the cliffs at sunset and were very pleased to do so. As for the hostel it was very clean, good wifi, hot showers, and an excellent value. Noticed people of all ages staying there. Plenty of restaurants nearby. Would return and recommend.

A really homely atmosphere

what a great place you have there!! one of the nicest hostels i ever stayed in!