Rainbow Hostel Doolin Reviews

Doolin, Co Clare, Doolin, Ireland

Great 2 night stay. Delicious breakfasts with scones! Clean, secure and a great homebase for exploring the surrounding areas.

Our stay at Rainbow Hostel was simply perfect.

A really homely atmosphere

what a great place you have there!! one of the nicest hostels i ever stayed in!

This was one of the best hostels I stayed in Ireland. Very nice and a real family feeling when you are there. Cozy, beautifull surrounding, what do you need more?

First time I stayed in a hostel. Mattie was excellent. Felt very welcome on arrival. Shown all facilities on arrival. Arranged to leave my motor on site while I travelled to the islands. Mattie arranged for me to be dropped and collected from ferry. Carmel was very friendly on my return and invited me to use facilities before I set off on my travels. Great and friendly service. Facilities well respected by its visitors.

• 31st Aug 2014

Carmel & Mattie made us feel like part of the family. It really was a home away from home. Facilities were spotless and there was a lovely relaxed atmosphere around the fire even though it was busy. The local information provided was invaluable. We would definitely stay here again and would highly recommend this hostel! Thanks for everything.

Great stay. Had a lovely clean room and bathroom. Only complaints was there was no clean towels available and the breakfast was non existent. Besides all that it's a great place to stay and see doolin in the cheap!

• 29th Aug 2014

Towels are available free of charge on request, all you had to do was ask. Tea towels are changed daily, as needed, in the kitchen. There is free tea/coffee/scones and bread for toast in the morning in the kitchen, replenished regularly from 8 am onwards. Take care, from Carmel & Mattie

Lovely staff, big rooms and great facilities.

Hostel is spotless,great facilities very friendly owner.great location.had a double room beds are so comfortable.would highly recommend it.

• 24th Aug 2014

Great time, felt very welcome will go again.

• 22nd Aug 2014

Carmel is a lovely lady. Would def stay again.

• 16th Aug 2014

I have heard nothing but great things of the Rainbow Hostel in Doolin! I had some friends stay here last year and they highly recommended it. When I planned on visiting Doolin I booked a room a week in advance, unfortunately things changed and I never made it to Doolin. Thankfully Rainbow Hostel was kind enough not to charge me!! I told them the day I was due to arrive. This speaks so much to me and when I do venture to Doolin I WILL be staying at the Rainbow Hostel!!!

• 29th Jul 2014

Great little hostel. We had difficulty figuring out who owned the hostel when we arrived in order to check in but once we did we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Everything was clean, the beds were comfortable and the location was great. Would recommend.

Really enjoyed our stay here . Owner was very personable, and even drove us to the grocery store to pick up a few things before we left town. Thank you!

Very nice staff at a very nice location! Thanks a lot to the owners Carmel and Mattie for the lovely welcome and stay at Rainbow Hostel!!! I will definitely come back there!

Great hosts and hostel. We even met them up at the bar and got the entire local experience. 100% recommend this hostel

• 18th Jul 2014
  • India

I stayed in the B&B next door--same owners, and used the facilities of the hostel. Relaxed atmosphere and excellent place to stay. Mattie invited me to join a walk/tour the first evening and gave a great overview of natural and human history while walking on the Burren limestone and down to the sea. He gave this for free. When I asked for the price of a bike for just an hour or two, he said just to take it. I had a car (not really needed) and left while spending 3 days on Inishmore.

• 16th Jul 2014

Very good hostel, friendly and helpfull and assisting hosts, clean, well organized and well prepared for families!

• 14th Jul 2014
  • Austria

I absolutely LOVED Rainbow Hostel! Mattie and Carmel were fantastic hosts, and the hostel was very clean. Definitely not a party hostel (a lot of families and couples), but a great place to relax for a few days and enjoy Doolin. Also, go on Mattie's walking tour of the Burren if you can, it was great!

« first « Prev 1 2 3