Rainbow Hostel Doolin

Superb 1177 Total Reviews

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
21st Mar 2017
7.1

When we walked in the door, we were greeted by a less than welcoming lady. She seemed put out when we asked if we could take 5 minutes to say goodbye to our friends because it meant she had to wait to give us the tour. She made us feel a little rushed when we were departing. Our room was nice (comfortable and clean) and breakfast in the morning was nice.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
18th Mar 2017
7.4

Very over-priced for what it was. I felt I paid way too much for my single room, though the hostel was very cute. It's a good 10-15min walk from the village, though. Good kitchen, and the vibe was good when I stayed. The staff was very friendly and accommodating, and though it wasn't the cleanest place I've ever stayed, it also wasn't the dirtiest. Just okay.

You did not reserve a single room, you reserved a double room but you really wanted a dorm bed and there were none available. You spoke to me many times during your stay and you did not bring any issues to my attention, I would have been very happy to help you in any way possible. I hope that you enjoyed your holiday.

• USA, Couple, 18-24
17th Mar 2017

I couldn't say enough positive comments to reiterate just how lovely this hostel is. My boyfriend and I loved the location within walking distance to the Cliffs of Moher, but most of all, we appreciated and enjoyed the hosts company and happy attitudes throughout our stay. We will definitely return to Doolin and The Rainbow Hostel in the future. 10/10, would recommend to anyone seeking a traditional Irish experience.

• USA, Couple, 18-24
15th Mar 2017

Perfect place with the friendliest staff. Well worth the stay, in such a gorgeous area. Doolin is very safe with a lot to do if you like outdoor adventures and cozy pubs. The owners Carmel and Mattie are very nice people who do everything they can to make you feel at home. 10/10 would return here!

• Ireland, Male, 25-30
4th Mar 2017

The hostel is in an excellent location. It's only within walking distance from the main amenities in Doolin and public transport stops. It also has a large parking lot if you are driving in the area. The rooms are clean and the hostel has a homey feeling to it (kudos for the warm fireplace after a windy day in the West). Staff are very friendly and even posted me a very important item I had left behind. I have stayed here twice in different occasions and will stay here again next time I'm in

• Canada, Female, 25-30
26th Feb 2017

The Rainbow hostel is a very friendly and warm atmosphere. They will put the fire on in the evenings, which is really cozy. I loved that it was close to the pubs as well as walking distance to the cliffs. Thanks for a great stay.

• USA, Female, 41+
24th Feb 2017

Super friendly, clean, helpful and generous .

• Argentina, Male, 18-24
20th Jan 2017

Home away from home, it was just a bit cold in the night, but it wasn't bad at all.

• Ireland, Mixed Group, 18-24
9th Jan 2017

We stayed in the Rainbow Hostel during Off Season in early January but regardless of the timing we were still very much looked after by the hosts. Very relaxed and cosy environment, would highly recommend.

5th Jan 2017

Doolin is a very small village, which is what I love about it. Such a step away from regular life to come and stay here! There's an amazing turf burning stove and the bright colors are really cozy and nice. The kitchen is huge and the location is beautiful. Older fixtures and such but that's part of the charm to me. The local pubs are also incredible here with amazing traditional Irish music. We loved our stay!