Rainbow Lodge HK Reviews

Flat A, 14/F, Harilela Mansion, 81 Nathan Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Sam was fantastic. Above and beyond what you expect an owner to do. He don't just interact with us and make sure everything was good all the time, he came out with us and showed us the town. This really helped in breaking the ice with people. I even called him at 11pm once looking for a pub and he helped out. Great hostel, great staff, much recommend.

• 13th May 2015

Very nice. Well done.

This hostel was great - it's impossible to not meet friends here. The staff was VERY helpful and friendly, and the atmosphere is great. It's not a party hostel per say, but you can make of it what you want. As with all hostels/lodging in HK, it's slightly cramped but that's normal. Otherwise, Sam, Jenny, and Manny were great! Thanks guys!

The staff is great. The manager went out with us several times and he is awesome! But he didn't let us put the snoring people in the bathroom (a suggested calibration between the dorm rooms). :D The location is great, it was very clean, and the I meet (during one week stay) was all easy and funny to spend time with. Would definitely go back in the future.

• 8th May 2015
  • Sweden

One of the best hostels I have stayed in, great place to meet people and great location.

• 3rd May 2015

Amazing hostel in HK. It was very reasonably priced. Please keep in mind that this is HK and space is at a premium. Don't expect Europe or Southeast Asian sizes. Hong Kong is one of the densest cities in the world. This spot does a great job of maximizing that space. Very friendly, and, as far as I can tell, it's the spot for good social atmosphere in Hong Kong.

Awesome place for travelers! Small/cozy like what you can expect for HK, but has all that you need. The showers are separated from the toilets so that's always nice. Free water, coffee, tea, maps, and key for lockers. Highly recommend!

Staff were great and location was a dream. Would stay here again :)

A nice hostel in a convenient location. The common area and bathroom were quite small, as were the triple bunk bedrooms. The beds have individual curtains, lights and plugs which is great.

Awesome! The hostel is located in downtown kowloon. Three dorms only makes it very cosy and comfy. The staff is really friendly and helpful and Sam, the owner, is great to do activities with...! ;)

Made my stay in Hong Kong! This place is great, right on Nathan Rd in the middle of TST. Easily reached by taxi, subway (metro line is just outside) or bus from the airport. Close to shopping, great dim sum, nightlife and walking distance to star ferry and peninsula. On top of this Sam (owner) and the rest of the staff are very fun, relaxed and helpful, I had booked two nights out of 5 in Hong Kong here, it was full for the others but I came back every night to hang out. Cheers guys!

Great place with very helpful staff. Yes it's small, but I didn't feel uncomfortable at all. You're bound to make some friends here. I think my only suggestion would be to get a sign outside the building as the entrance isn't very obvious.

• 22nd Apr 2015

Fine hostel but I would really never ever stay here again because the communal area is right outside the rooms and there is no policy that enforces quiet after a certain time. I had to deal with a particularly obnoxious joke-American who kept hollering whilst I was trying to sleep and used expletives like they were punctuation marks. The location, however, is good, the place clean enough, the wifi effective. Bathrooms very tiny - barely enough room to move, but this is Hong Kong so...

Fantastic place, great staff, excellent atmosphere and people. Staff showed us some local places to shop and eat.

• 20th Apr 2015

Amazing hostel. The staff is incredibly helpful and rooms are good enough for a short stay. The only thing is that it's not a verry big house and bathrooms can be uncomfortable as very small. I enjoyed my stay here! Maybe they could organize more hang outs, since there's not too many things to do in HK.

Awesome!!!! I really enjoy my stay in Rainbow, the staff was really friendly, the idea of the nigth of chinese food is really good, they give all the advices you need, and help with all the things you need. Another very important thing is the location, is a 50 meters of the train station, a ciupke of blocks of the star streets, and in one of de main importants avenues of the island, the location is perfect!!!!! I recommend this hostel!!!

• 8th Apr 2015
  • Peru

I had a good stay in the rainbow lodge. The staff is very helpfull und the location is very central. Thanks :)

I enjoyed my first stay here for a total of 4 nights. The place is clean, great location, great staff to help me out or Orient me to the good spots! I thought it was a bit expensive for a hostel as on hostelworld.com they promote 159$ for an all girls dorm but once you book, the rates aren't exactly that. Great place to meet the other travelers staying in the hostel. Overall, I would probably return there, if the rates happen to be lower.

• 7th Apr 2015

All the employees were great and super helpful. The owner, Sam took us all out for a couple meals which was super great and they did a good job of encouraging all the travelers to get to know eachother. By far the best hostel of my trip

Great things come in small packages! Everything you need its in this hostel, good bed, hot showers and good location. Plus Sam and his staff are the best!! Like Sam always says "no worries"

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4