Rainbow Lodge HK Reviews

Flat A, 14/F, Harilela Mansion, 81 Nathan Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

I recommend this hostel, very helpful host very good overall conditions of the place ✌🏻️, will definitely come back

• 30th Jan 2016
  • Spain

Rainbow Lodge is in a great location and the staff were willing to help when asked. The rooms are very small even by Hong Kong standards, but staff tried to keep it clean. The main issue during my stay was the very large group of loud and obnoxious backpackers staying there, which I understand the staff can't control. They stayed in the common room playing drinking games until quiet time started at 11 pm. On my last night after staff left, they continued drinking and smoking until 3 am.

Here are my thoughts Positives - Excellent Location right back in the centre of kowloon just a few minutes walk from Victoria Harbour and seconds away from the MTR station. - Staff were helpful and polite Negatives - Don't book here if you are very tall. Shower cubicles and toilets were very difficult to get into without banging your knee, leg etc. - Beds/Dorms were right next to social lounge area so very loud noise from 11pm onwards. - Sinks were filthy and hairs everywhere.

• 28th Jan 2016

This has to be one of the best hostel I've ever stayed in. To me, my main criteria would be the location and this was perfect. There is a direct bus right to the doorstep from the airport. You can also take the MTR and once you exit, you're only few steps away to the hostel's building. Besides, it is located at one of the busiest streets of Kowloong so you're walking distance away to great food, bar etc. Besides the location, the hostel is constantly kept clean. Two thumbs up!

The people really made this hostel great! Loved the staff and those staying here. SUPER convenient location, nice facilities, rooms were good. Would definitely recommend this to anyone!

• 24th Jan 2016

Loved my stay at the Rainbow Lodge! It was fun and extremely friendly. Beds and facilities were clean. Staff was very friendly and helpful, assisting us in finding everything we wanted to eat/see in Hong Kong.

• 23rd Jan 2016

Great location just off the Hong Kong MTR. Only problem was elevator access to the 14F was a hassle. Also, three dorms sharing one bathroom was not ideal.

Great location and staff. Quite small but pretty normal for Hong Kong. Had a great time.

I was surprised this hostel had such great reviews. The pictures made it look pretty clean. Maybe it was just a fluke weekend, but the hostel was disgusting - wet toilet paper stuck to the toilets and on the floor, water and hair everywhere in the bathroom. The comforter smelled like it had never been washed. Staff wasn't interested in talking to guests, looked at their phones the whole time and never looked up. Next time I'll stay elsewhere.

Location is excellent! Staff is very friendly and helpful. The facilities, well, it's hard to rate because you have to compare it against what is locally available in Hong Kong. They are cramped and tiny and there aren't a lot of bathrooms for the amount of people. Water leaks from showers getting everywhere. Bathrooms are cleaned well but because of heavy use they can get kind of gross by the end of the night. Surprised the Tetris shaped shower isn't listed as an attraction in Trip Advisor.

We actually enjoyed our stay at the Hostel. The staff were very nice and accommodating. The place is close to TST station and it looks pretty safe for travelers. I find the interior design very interesting and it somehow makes you feel at-home. Just some suggestions, maybe they can have more available cups for the coffee. And probably some stirrer so we don't have to use the spoon.

• 14th Jan 2016
  • Philippines

free coffee, milk power and tea. 1 min walk from MTR Tsim Sha Tsui Station (尖沙咀) C2 exit. the staff is awesome, pretty helpful and they can speak in English, Cantonese and Mandarin Chinese.

Close to the MTR and ferry to Macau. It's not very big but doesn't feel cramped. Even though I was in a 10 bed dorm it was very quiet in the room and matresses are great, had the best sleep in ages there.

The Hostel has a very good feel to it. Located right in downtown, both the mtr station and the bus stop to the airport are right infront of the hostel. Sam and co do a very good job with the hostel and conduct night outs on weekdays as well. Even though it is cramped, I guess that the case with most hostels in Hong Kong. But I guess that also makes it more sociable as the rooms and the common space are right next to each other.

Such a great hostel. Met a bunch of people and Sam the owner is super cool and helps you out. The other staff are helpful too. Would recommend.

Great hostel in an ideal location. This hostel attracts the best breed of backpackers. I had an absolute blast at Rainbow I was sad to leave.

Fantastic location. Staff went above and beyond. Definitely recommend Rainbow Lodge!

• 2nd Jan 2016

This was a very good hostel. You had your own bed "equipped" with curtains and the to charge your electronic devices. It was also nice that the showers were separated from the toilets, which other facilities I stayed at have meaning I had to take shower above the toilet.

Great little hostel. 3 small dorm rooms with a fantastic location right on the vibrant Nathan Street. Very central and right next to metro station. Bathrooms are tiny and not very private but I guess space is a premium all over Hong Kong. Met nice people in the hostel every day and we had a great New Year's celebration with an awesome group and our super cool host, Sam. Thanks for a great evening mate!

• 27th Dec 2015
  • South Africa

The environment in the hostel is great. Just a little concern about the toilets. I think there is not enough space although I don't think there is now way they can make it bigger given the space of the hostel. But overall, everything is good.

• 27th Dec 2015