Rainbow Lodge HK Reviews

Flat A, 14/F, Harilela Mansion, 81 Nathan Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

This is very good place. It's located on the very good location, nearly MTR and convenience stores. I will stay here again on my next trip. Btw, it's very great if only a bigger tank of drinking water provided.

• 17th Dec 2014
  • Thailand

The hostel provided a really comfortable and easy to socialise environment where travellers from all over the world can interact with each other and share their amazing travel stories with one another. The people were really friendly and nice especially the hostel owners. They knew the place well and are able to advise us on our plans. I really like the easy accessibility of the hostel, however I feel that it may be abit unsafe as the code can be passed around to others who can easily come in.

The Rainbow Lodge HK is a very good hostel and provides very good and cheap accommodation in expensive HK. The Location is perfect. Yet, there is room for improvement, mainly in the way the rooms are constructed. Since there are 10 people staying in one room, there is always someone walking in and out when you try to sleep. A way to make it less annoying is to change the curtains to heavier curtains, which close fully, and have a board going up at the lower end of the bed.

Lovely hostel, good atmosphere and location and should I ever return to Hong Kong I would stay here again.

Great location, awesome staff specially sam the owner! The bathrooms are very small, but i guess this is just how it is in Hong Kong. I was surprised my room didn't have a window but the aircon worked well (actually it got a bit cold). But it was less noisy because of the missing window. I would stay there again!

This hostel was built on the experience of meeting new people in a relax and positive environment. The place was small which helped people to actually get to know one another. In addition, the guy in charge (Sam) took us out to an dim sum restaurant and racecourse. The location was at the heart of a shopping district and the train station was only 20 metres away which was easy to get to far away places.

• 22nd Nov 2014

I found Rainbow Lodge to be very pleasant place to stay. The staff were friendly and helpful, the facilities good and the location was excellent, only a short walk from the Star Ferry in Nathan Road. The hostel has a small area with a microwave, also free tea and coffee are provided. I would recommend this hostel to anyone.

Clean, Social, Good Location, Nice Owner.

So many great travelers, everyone takes advantage of the common space and it's easy to make friends. Right next to MTR, a grocery store, and bakery. I would stay again!

Rainbow Lodge is the perfect choice for young travelers! The location is great, the beds comfortable and you will always meet loads of interesting people. If you think you deserve a 1000$ room, don't go there! It's cheap, it's perfect, it's awesome! I had an extreme time there!

The staff at the front desk upon our arrival was really friendly and helpful. I would though recommend to add a sign for reminding people who's leaving the dorm early in the morning or late at night to not slamming the doors while they are leaving, and hopefully the flushing problem of the toilette will be solved soon. On top of that, we enjoyed our stay. :)

• 9th Nov 2014
  • Taiwan

Really cozy, small but nice. Staff are super friendly specially the new girl who just started working there.

I have planned to stay in the hostel for 5 nights, but the kind hospitality which I received from the staff of the hostel got me to extend an additional night. The location is good. It is just less than 2 minutes walk from the exit of one of the busiest subway station in Hong Kong. The staff is friendly and make it a point to address your queries if there are any. There was maintenance going on in the building but the staff prepared contingency plans to tackle the situation. A great stay.

If your my kind of traveller, you travel to experience new things. In Hong Kong, one of these is living in ludicrously cramped spaces. Yes the toilet and washing area is small. It's also kept very clean, and is perfectly usable - and I'm 193cm. Staff here were all super helpful. The whole place was really clean and full of interesting travellers. My one gripe; the WIFI was unreliable in the extreme!!! Staff seemed powerless to improve it. Two evenings of four I couldn't use the internet at all

Hostel was very clean, however the toilets are so small that I found myself rather going to Mac Donald's than using the hostel ones. Location is great.

I really enjoyed my stay here. The staff are very helpful and friendly. It's a small hostel which makes it a great place to meet people. They have plenty of info on things to do around Hong Kong. The Subway station is just outside the door so it makes it very easy to get around. There are plenty of cheap eats on the street behind the hostel. We had a really fun evening out organised by the hostel for some dim sum. I would recommend to a friend. Beds are clean, good ac & place to store bags.

great place with a great location. beds were well kept and the staff were very friendly and welcoming. will recommend and stay again on my next visit.

Top bunk was difficult to get into, toilet/showers both quite small

Excellent location, really nice and helpful staff. Good restauraunts, shops and bars nearby, mtr station just downstairs. Free drinking water (big plus!!!) I just loved that place!

Rainbow Lodge HK is good! staffs are kindness, room is clean, station is near! i wanna stay again when i go to hk!

• 11th Oct 2014