Rainbow Lodge HK Reviews

Flat A, 14/F, Harilela Mansion, 81 Nathan Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Fantastic place, great staff, excellent atmosphere and people. Staff showed us some local places to shop and eat.

• 20th Apr 2015

Amazing hostel. The staff is incredibly helpful and rooms are good enough for a short stay. The only thing is that it's not a verry big house and bathrooms can be uncomfortable as very small. I enjoyed my stay here! Maybe they could organize more hang outs, since there's not too many things to do in HK.

Awesome!!!! I really enjoy my stay in Rainbow, the staff was really friendly, the idea of the nigth of chinese food is really good, they give all the advices you need, and help with all the things you need. Another very important thing is the location, is a 50 meters of the train station, a ciupke of blocks of the star streets, and in one of de main importants avenues of the island, the location is perfect!!!!! I recommend this hostel!!!

• 8th Apr 2015
  • Peru

I had a good stay in the rainbow lodge. The staff is very helpfull und the location is very central. Thanks :)

I enjoyed my first stay here for a total of 4 nights. The place is clean, great location, great staff to help me out or Orient me to the good spots! I thought it was a bit expensive for a hostel as on hostelworld.com they promote 159$ for an all girls dorm but once you book, the rates aren't exactly that. Great place to meet the other travelers staying in the hostel. Overall, I would probably return there, if the rates happen to be lower.

• 7th Apr 2015

All the employees were great and super helpful. The owner, Sam took us all out for a couple meals which was super great and they did a good job of encouraging all the travelers to get to know eachother. By far the best hostel of my trip

Great things come in small packages! Everything you need its in this hostel, good bed, hot showers and good location. Plus Sam and his staff are the best!! Like Sam always says "no worries"

everythins is fine, except it can be really noisy cuz it is close to Nathan Road. Prepare yourself with ear plugs!

Absolutely loved my stay at this hostel. The staff is extremely knowledgeable and helpful, the place is clean and the location is perfect. Would definitely recommended this hostel for your stay in Hong Kong.

Rainbow Lodge was perfect for my two-day trip to HK. It's located in the heart of Kowloon, right next to a metro stop so you can get anywhere quickly. It's a minutes' walk from the pier, Ladies' Market and tons of dining options. The beds were great in the dorm, as they each had a personal reading light, privacy screen and a power strip all to yourself so that you could plug in and charge your electronics. The staff was very helpful and the facilities were pristine.

Great hostel in hong Kong. I enjoyed my stay in the 10 person dorm.

Small hostel, but very functional. Awesome location right on the MTR station. Easy walk to many of the sites in Kowloon. Would absolutely recommend to friends.

Small place, know everyone quickly. Fun place to meet people, hostel was fully booked every night. SUPER comfortable bed. It's 1 minute from subway and airport bus. The owner Sam and staff are really cool and helpful! Highly recommended! Negative things-the washroom is shared men and women, if you are a light sleeper you might be bothered by people talking late in the common room because the hostel is small

the staff here are the real gem of this hostel experience. sam, manie, mak yuen are all awesome people! the staff are super friendly, speak perfect english, and help organize events and outings that help hostel guests socialize and make friends. the showers and bathrooms felt a little claustrophobic, but i feel like that's probably just the norm in a crowded city like kowloon, hong kong. seriously the staff go out of their way to build community and that makes a superb rare hostel experience!

The hostel was nice and clean with an excellent location. Special thanks to the amazing helpful staff!

• 6th Mar 2015
  • Finland

It was a great hostel. My only complaint was that one night they put an extra bed in the room which seemed a bit unfair to me as we had paid for an 8 bed dorm and not a np9 bed one.

• 5th Mar 2015
  • Scotland

Very tiny, cramped hostel but as clean as you could hope for in Hong Kong. Staff was really friendly, kind, and nice. Sam, the owner, holds weekly dinners and trips to the horse races on Wednesdays. This place was much tinier than I expected, with a very small common area, but because of it, it was the most social hostel I've stayed in yet. Located right in the super busy Tsim Sha Tsui area on the main street, 3 min walk to Kowloon Park and 5 minutes to Tsim Sha Tsui Promenade/ferry pier.

The hostel is amazing. The staff are all absolutely wonderful and super helpful. The hostel is really well located in kowloon and close to everything on mainland, but if going out at night to LFK can be a bit of a pain with taxis getting back. Would definitely recommend to everyone though.

Sam, the owner is a righteous dude. He was super friendly and showed us around a bit and even took us out for dim sum. He's awesome and I wish him and the staff the best of luck.

• 22nd Feb 2015

I stayed in the 10-bed mixed dorm during Chinese New Year. The hostel is small, but it's laid out very efficiently, and it didn't feel too crowded. Locks were provided at check-in, and a 100 HKD deposit was required. The hostel was very clean, and the owner, Sam, is super friendly and helpful. He had a lot of great suggestions for things to do, and he even helped organize 2 trips: fireworks over the harbor as well as the 10,000 Buddha Monastery. When I go back to HK, I'll be staying here again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4