Rainbow Lodge HK Reviews

Flat A, 14/F, Harilela Mansion, 81 Nathan Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Great hostel in hong Kong. I enjoyed my stay in the 10 person dorm.

Small hostel, but very functional. Awesome location right on the MTR station. Easy walk to many of the sites in Kowloon. Would absolutely recommend to friends.

the staff here are the real gem of this hostel experience. sam, manie, mak yuen are all awesome people! the staff are super friendly, speak perfect english, and help organize events and outings that help hostel guests socialize and make friends. the showers and bathrooms felt a little claustrophobic, but i feel like that's probably just the norm in a crowded city like kowloon, hong kong. seriously the staff go out of their way to build community and that makes a superb rare hostel experience!

The hostel was nice and clean with an excellent location. Special thanks to the amazing helpful staff!

• 6th Mar 2015
  • Finland

It was a great hostel. My only complaint was that one night they put an extra bed in the room which seemed a bit unfair to me as we had paid for an 8 bed dorm and not a np9 bed one.

• 5th Mar 2015
  • Scotland

Very tiny, cramped hostel but as clean as you could hope for in Hong Kong. Staff was really friendly, kind, and nice. Sam, the owner, holds weekly dinners and trips to the horse races on Wednesdays. This place was much tinier than I expected, with a very small common area, but because of it, it was the most social hostel I've stayed in yet. Located right in the super busy Tsim Sha Tsui area on the main street, 3 min walk to Kowloon Park and 5 minutes to Tsim Sha Tsui Promenade/ferry pier.

The hostel is amazing. The staff are all absolutely wonderful and super helpful. The hostel is really well located in kowloon and close to everything on mainland, but if going out at night to LFK can be a bit of a pain with taxis getting back. Would definitely recommend to everyone though.

Sam, the owner is a righteous dude. He was super friendly and showed us around a bit and even took us out for dim sum. He's awesome and I wish him and the staff the best of luck.

• 22nd Feb 2015

I stayed in the 10-bed mixed dorm during Chinese New Year. The hostel is small, but it's laid out very efficiently, and it didn't feel too crowded. Locks were provided at check-in, and a 100 HKD deposit was required. The hostel was very clean, and the owner, Sam, is super friendly and helpful. He had a lot of great suggestions for things to do, and he even helped organize 2 trips: fireworks over the harbor as well as the 10,000 Buddha Monastery. When I go back to HK, I'll be staying here again.

Great place to stay and friendly staff. Only complaint was that it was a little crowded in the room and not as much privacy as I would have hoped for, but I would still stay at the same hostel again!

• 18th Feb 2015

I stayed a few days at Rainbow Lodge over Chinese New Year. If you're looking for a hostel in Hong Kong, book this place! It's quite easy to find- literally just a few steps from the Tsim Sha Tsui MTR station, the location in Tsim Sha Tsui is great (easy access to the red MTR line, which is minutes from HK island), the local area is nice with great shopping and food choices convenient, there is no curfew, the people staying there are friendly, and the owner Sam is very cool. The hostel is clean

Good backpacker-hostel atmosphere if you aren't keen on the Chungking Mansion style of lodgings when staying in HK (but still in the same bustling area of Kowloon). Good experience overall, would return.

• 17th Feb 2015

The staff here is really awesome! They organize some trips with all guests willing to join. Not to get money, but to show the people their culture. I really loved it and appreciated the atmosphere in this hostel.

It would be nice to have paper towels available next to the bathroom sinks rather than the small hand towels for everyone to use. Paper towels would be more sanitary. Also, prospective guests should be warned prior to booking that the bathrooms are co-ed.

• 13th Feb 2015

It was my first hotel experience and my first trip alone,but it was amazing!All the girls are sweet and helped me a lot!Every time I asked directions,or more about hong kong culture,they answered me(and always smilling).Sam(the owner) its very nice and took us for some dinners and events.The place is clean,good wifi and good beds.The shower place is little,but ok.Localization very good,5 minutes to avenue of stars,kowloon park and 15 min to temple's market.I recommend for everybody,and I'll back

• 11th Feb 2015

I had an awesome time in HK and at the Rainbow Lodge. I was travelling on my own,but i never felt lonely!

• 10th Feb 2015

Thank you Joanne, Sam and Manie, you've made me feel very welcome and made my stay really enjoyable!

Its location cant be better. Perhaps thanks to the limited space in Hong Kong, the subway is only 10 meters away and the bus stop to airport is right in front of the building. The other side of the coin is that this is the least spacious hostel Ive ever stayed, and they offered three-level bunk beds. But the staffs were friendly and helpful.

Bit small but then its Hong Kong and common area was not that big, excellent location in TST and nice an friendly staff. Only problem I faced was the small bathrooms but then its not a big deal. Wifi and refreshment facilities were excellent.

Staff is awesome. Sam is awesome, they try to make it the best experience they can.

• 30th Jan 2015