Rainbow Lodge HK Reviews

Flat A, 14/F, Harilela Mansion, 81 Nathan Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

The hostel is amazing. The staff are all absolutely wonderful and super helpful. The hostel is really well located in kowloon and close to everything on mainland, but if going out at night to LFK can be a bit of a pain with taxis getting back. Would definitely recommend to everyone though.

Sam, the owner is a righteous dude. He was super friendly and showed us around a bit and even took us out for dim sum. He's awesome and I wish him and the staff the best of luck.

• 22nd Feb 2015

I stayed in the 10-bed mixed dorm during Chinese New Year. The hostel is small, but it's laid out very efficiently, and it didn't feel too crowded. Locks were provided at check-in, and a 100 HKD deposit was required. The hostel was very clean, and the owner, Sam, is super friendly and helpful. He had a lot of great suggestions for things to do, and he even helped organize 2 trips: fireworks over the harbor as well as the 10,000 Buddha Monastery. When I go back to HK, I'll be staying here again.

Great place to stay and friendly staff. Only complaint was that it was a little crowded in the room and not as much privacy as I would have hoped for, but I would still stay at the same hostel again!

• 18th Feb 2015

I stayed a few days at Rainbow Lodge over Chinese New Year. If you're looking for a hostel in Hong Kong, book this place! It's quite easy to find- literally just a few steps from the Tsim Sha Tsui MTR station, the location in Tsim Sha Tsui is great (easy access to the red MTR line, which is minutes from HK island), the local area is nice with great shopping and food choices convenient, there is no curfew, the people staying there are friendly, and the owner Sam is very cool. The hostel is clean

Good backpacker-hostel atmosphere if you aren't keen on the Chungking Mansion style of lodgings when staying in HK (but still in the same bustling area of Kowloon). Good experience overall, would return.

• 17th Feb 2015

The staff here is really awesome! They organize some trips with all guests willing to join. Not to get money, but to show the people their culture. I really loved it and appreciated the atmosphere in this hostel.

It would be nice to have paper towels available next to the bathroom sinks rather than the small hand towels for everyone to use. Paper towels would be more sanitary. Also, prospective guests should be warned prior to booking that the bathrooms are co-ed.

• 13th Feb 2015

It was my first hotel experience and my first trip alone,but it was amazing!All the girls are sweet and helped me a lot!Every time I asked directions,or more about hong kong culture,they answered me(and always smilling).Sam(the owner) its very nice and took us for some dinners and events.The place is clean,good wifi and good beds.The shower place is little,but ok.Localization very good,5 minutes to avenue of stars,kowloon park and 15 min to temple's market.I recommend for everybody,and I'll back

• 11th Feb 2015

I had an awesome time in HK and at the Rainbow Lodge. I was travelling on my own,but i never felt lonely!

• 10th Feb 2015

Thank you Joanne, Sam and Manie, you've made me feel very welcome and made my stay really enjoyable!

Its location cant be better. Perhaps thanks to the limited space in Hong Kong, the subway is only 10 meters away and the bus stop to airport is right in front of the building. The other side of the coin is that this is the least spacious hostel Ive ever stayed, and they offered three-level bunk beds. But the staffs were friendly and helpful.

Staff is awesome. Sam is awesome, they try to make it the best experience they can.

• 30th Jan 2015

Thanks for hospitality in hostel!! It was really great and unforgettable memorises in hostel with 5days! Really friendly and adorable place ever :D Nice Staff(Thank you Manie) Nice location(really cool! I will visit soon :) See you Many thanks ❤️

• 28th Jan 2015
  • South Korea

Fairly small. But really nice place. Staff are wonderful and very helpful

Pros: good location close to shops, star ferry, restaurants and MTR station. The staff was fantastic. Cons: small rooms with very few hangers to hang up your clothes, a very small common area/lounge, no kitchen

Very noisy when trying to sleep at night, toilets didn't flush and no ladder to the top bunk but the location made up for it!!

This hostel was smaller than expected but that ended up being a good thing. It's small, cozy, clean and very easy to find. The staff was very polite and helpful. I had to check out early (schedule change) and though I didn't get my second night refunded (understandable) they were very apologetic and helpful about it. This is a good value hostel, close to the MTR and right in the heart of Tsim Sha Tsui.

I've stayed in a lot of hostels in my travels and this one stands out. It's small so get to know everyone there. Staff are really friendly and helpful to find things. The bedrooms have enough room to store luggage without tripping over it like some places I stayed. Love that they have privacy curtains on beds - such an easy thing to do to make a travelers experience better but rarely do any hostels spare the minimal expense. They have mirrors in rooms - another plus. Computer for use.

Female dorm overlooks busy road, middle dorm without windows. Great location, helpful staff, comfortable, fridge, microwave and toaster for use, WiFi fast and reliable. However earplugs needed for sleeping, bathroom had old toothbrushes, razors, etc. left behind on vanity shelf, poky stalls and "hot" water warm at best, bathroom basin used for washing dishes. Would recommend probably stay again but it may be worth checking out other options nearby. Ask for bottom bunk upon booking.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5