Rainbow Lodge HK Reviews

Flat A, 14/F, Harilela Mansion, 81 Nathan Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Is very clean and confortable, cool people attending.

• 11th Apr 2014
  • Ecuador

Very nice place in general. The location is the best because your are so close to the metro station (subway) and close to everything, for example to the Hong Kong downtown is around 5 min by metro. What I didn't like was the humidity of the room because it is small and many people live there (around 8 per room) so the ventilation is not really good.

• 6th Apr 2014

I spent 2 nights @ this lodge. Totally good but very noisy on 2nd night due to drunken guests.

• 5th Apr 2014
  • Japan

Quaint, but funky all round. Really good value for money.

• 4th Apr 2014
  • South Africa

A little cramped as the hostel is a remodeled apartment, but it's cozy and gets the job done. Clean beds, hot showers, and an awesome location in Kowloon. I never even had to use the metro because I could walk to everything. The staff are amazing too with great recommendations and info.

Sam was very helpful, but everything is very confined, they have too many beds in the rooms which makes everything tight, and the showers and toilets are very small But other wise a good hostel

Good location! Nice and helpful staff! Clean and confortable! I really recommend this hostel! I dont think you would find better place for this price in HK!

I stayed at RL for four nights at the beginning of the month. To be honest, I was impressed with the quality of the hostel because everything I read said that Hong Kong's hostels were horrible. The best qualities about RL include cleanliness, helpful staff (Sam is a superstar), and location on Nathan (near the metro, many restaurants and stores nearby, vibrant energy, close to museums and ferry). My only qualm was in regard to security. A random person slept on the couch overnight one evening.

Air conditioner broke and was not fixed during my stay, it was hotter than Hades in my dorm... the location is good in Kowloon... everything close by, room is spacious for a dormitory in a major city.... bathrooms are tiny... I am over 6 ft. and I could not fit... had to do my business elsewhere........

We are very sorry on this exceptional incident during the weekend, when most of the technician are off. We are new hostel and so as the AC, frankly we cannot avoid those unexpected incident. What we could do is trying our best to make you have a good stay! Hope to see you next time. And for your reference the AC was fixed on the Monday after you leave.

Super friendly and helpful staff. Tiny like a lot of things in Hong Kong. Very clean. Can be a bit noisy at night if people chat in the common room located right next to the three dorm rooms that make up the hostel, so bring earplugs and you'll sleep well. Easy to find with the instructions and photos provided.

Positive: Very clean, safe hostel with a friendly and social vibe (but not a party hostel - for me that's a good thing). Brand-new bathroom with good showers. Staff is super friendly and helpful and speaks good English. Negative: When full, the dorm rooms feel a bit too crowded. No kitchen facilities except for hot water and microwave. Gets overpriced on weekends and on holidays.

Location is perfect- right next to MTR station in Tsim Sha Tsui. It's in the middle of TST, but the building is much more quiet than say Chungking Mansions. The rooms are very clean with great privacy- curtains and personal locker. Bathroom is also clean and staff is nice and helpful. My only complaints are that the room has no windows and can get a bit stuffy and that bathroom sinks are quite small with a very low shelf above, so it's difficult to wash your face. I would definitely stay again!

Great location, great staff. Good value for money, HK is an expensive city. Very easy access to Airport bus and subway.

Well cared for, clean, small hostel. Not a lot of space in the rooms, but enough, good common area, great bathroom. Staff are very helpful with finding and doing things. The location is great, right next to the metro in Kowloon, a short ride to HK island and everywhere else you might want to go. Beds have curtains, are reasonably comfortable for the price (HK is expensive). Only issue was that someone had hotboxed the room with tobacco, so it smelled strongly the first few days I was there.

Sam the owner makes this hostel , plus it's verrrrry clean for a Hong Kong hostel

loved my stay here! great location, right on the main street of HK but WITHOUT the noise! rooms were large and beds had a privacy curtain clean toilet and showers staff were brilliant! would def. stay here again

Rainbow Lodge HK is awesome. It's located at a good location, close to the subway TST station. Staff is extremely friendly and willing to help with recommendions in HK and Macau. Rooms are good, beds have nice curtains and night lights. The only weak point is that the space in the toilet rooms, is very tiny, so tall people will be sitting with their knees against the door.

Staff were incredibly helpful with everything. I would gladly stay here again.

• 27th Feb 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at Rainbow Lodge Hostel. The rooms were clean and it was small and compact. It's location right next to TST MTR station was fantastic, making travelling around Hong Kong incredibly easy. Because it's Hong Kong it's a little small but perfectly adequate for a few nights in the city. There are lockers to secure your belongs and free drinks available. The wi-fi is decent too.

Fantastic location! Very good set up in the rooms with private curtain for each bed and big locker. Comfortable beds. Staff is very friendly, considerate and helpful. I would stay again there any time! Hostel is very good.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5