Rainbow Marrakech Reviews

13 Derb Laadam, Kenaria, Place Jemaa el Fna, Marrakech, Morocco

My group ended up being moved to Riad Dia and we loved it! It was right in the center near the market place and we found it easily because we got a free taxi pick up as we booked an excursion through the hostel (to ride camels, 20€/person). The atmosphere was amazing, all the travelers we met were so unique. The hostel made dinner Saturday night for 30€/person and it was delicious! Also breakfast is available every morning for very cheap and is homemade with Moroccan coffee and tea.

• 21st Nov 2014

Loved this hostel, our hostess was so nice and breakfast was delicious, if i come back to marrakech, i would stay here again

• 15th Nov 2014
  • Mexico

The people are VERY nice. They gave us free tea and the breakfast was great. The showers are not hot. I took cold showers. The pillows are also hard and I woke up with a stiff neck. Lastly, I had scheduled a camel ride and received an email saying I would be picked up at 1800 (which it is dark out by then), I said something to the manager at around 1700 and I think if I didn't say anything, they would've forgotten about the ride completely since they acted really surprised.

• 13th Nov 2014

One of the best hostel I've stayed in! Well located close to Place Jemma El Fna, helpful staff, good breafast, and à nice rooftop! I Really recommend it to backpackers!

• 11th Nov 2014

I had a good time, the staff were excelent and the location is really good, very close to the main square. Their tour to the desert is really good and in a very afordable price. The beds were really hard and the pillows like rocks. The shower was not that clean.

This hostel is very close to the centre square. The price is excellent; especially considering it includes breakfast. However, for the two nights we booked, it was impossible to sleep. The location of the common room causes the conversation and noise to be amplified as it rises up. It was difficult to sleep even with earplugs in. Also, smoking is allowed in the hostel. It felt as though I was sleeping in a bar!! I was very disappointed with my stay.

Hello and thanks for writing your review. Unlike Europe or the USA, smoking inside is not against the law in Morocco. Therefore we do not forbid our guests to do so. The nature of a riad is that all rooms face inwards towards a central courtyard which is also the communal area. The top of the building is open, without a roof, thus creating natural ventilation. Any traditional Moroccan building is built this way and we are sorry that this disappointed you. Best wishes for your future travels!

Rainbow hostel it is a nice hostel with a great atmoshpere! Very friendly stuff, opened and friendly. Thank you.

• 3rd Nov 2014
  • Poland

Had a great stay at this hostel, will stay here again on next trip 100%

The best staff that I have ever seen. Mainly Karim, who is really helpful and friendly. We were in a big group and everyone enjoy a lot our time there.

• 31st Oct 2014

the toilet location was the only thing i found wanting

• 30th Oct 2014

Great experience at the Rainbow Hostel, it very close to the central Jama el Fna square, in the evening you can even here the music from the square on the roof. The Hostel is clean and tidy, and the staff, especially Karim, very helpful not only in the every day staff but also in planning trips around Marocco.

• 28th Oct 2014
  • Poland

Conveniently close to the square with a lovely rooftop terrace and tortoises. They make a big, free breakfast.

Only one dingy bathroom per floor. No natural light in the entire hostel which became kind of depressing. A few cockroaches inside and the other girls staying in my room had bed bug bites. Staff were friendly enough but quite disorganized. There was quite a lot of confusion about payment and room cost changed several times. On the bright side location is great and there's a very social vibe but I think there are better hostels for the same price in Marrakech.

We stayed at the RIAD LAYLA ROUGE, a riad from the same chain group and we love it. Its a very nice and cozy riad. Close to the main square. Sayhid is the best staff we've ever saw, very polite and helpful. Perfect experience! Just remember, we stayed at the RIAD LAYLA ROUGE, cuz we we're able to change for more privacy.

Good hostel, close to the main plaza, nice bedrooms and terrace. The staff was very friendly and helpfull, specially Karim, the best service man in Marrakech. Thanks for everything.

• 13th Oct 2014
  • Chile

Spent a great week here watching many travellers use the hostel as a base point for trips around Morocco. Its exactly what you expect with a budget hostel; offering comfortable basic facilities but with a great friendly, relaxed atmosphere. And a HUGE breakfast included in the price. Also, reports of bed bugs are more likely other insect bites common in Marrakech (from what I have seen and my previous experience). Would definitely recommend to friends?

The staff is very friendly and nice, and helpful all around the clock :-) Organization of desert excursions with good prize. I liked it when I had a warm welcome with tea. And the most important is the good atmosphere when meeting other travelers.

Well located, worth the price! The staffs were so helpful.

There were some kind of bugs in the room that bit us in the night, and we'd wake up in the morning with red bites.

Very nice hostel! I totally recommend to everybody! Awesome place to meet new people and make friends. Staff speak several languages, hostel is well located, very good free breakfast. I stayed for 1 week and i'd go there again for sure!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4