Rainbow Marrakech Reviews

13 Derb Laadam, Kenaria, Place Jemaa el Fna, Marrakech, Morocco

Conveniently close to the square with a lovely rooftop terrace and tortoises. They make a big, free breakfast.

Only one dingy bathroom per floor. No natural light in the entire hostel which became kind of depressing. A few cockroaches inside and the other girls staying in my room had bed bug bites. Staff were friendly enough but quite disorganized. There was quite a lot of confusion about payment and room cost changed several times. On the bright side location is great and there's a very social vibe but I think there are better hostels for the same price in Marrakech.

We stayed at the RIAD LAYLA ROUGE, a riad from the same chain group and we love it. Its a very nice and cozy riad. Close to the main square. Sayhid is the best staff we've ever saw, very polite and helpful. Perfect experience! Just remember, we stayed at the RIAD LAYLA ROUGE, cuz we we're able to change for more privacy.

Good hostel, close to the main plaza, nice bedrooms and terrace. The staff was very friendly and helpfull, specially Karim, the best service man in Marrakech. Thanks for everything.

• 13th Oct 2014
  • Chile

Spent a great week here watching many travellers use the hostel as a base point for trips around Morocco. Its exactly what you expect with a budget hostel; offering comfortable basic facilities but with a great friendly, relaxed atmosphere. And a HUGE breakfast included in the price. Also, reports of bed bugs are more likely other insect bites common in Marrakech (from what I have seen and my previous experience). Would definitely recommend to friends?

The staff is very friendly and nice, and helpful all around the clock :-) Organization of desert excursions with good prize. I liked it when I had a warm welcome with tea. And the most important is the good atmosphere when meeting other travelers.

Well located, worth the price! The staffs were so helpful.

There were some kind of bugs in the room that bit us in the night, and we'd wake up in the morning with red bites.

Very nice hostel! I totally recommend to everybody! Awesome place to meet new people and make friends. Staff speak several languages, hostel is well located, very good free breakfast. I stayed for 1 week and i'd go there again for sure!

Located in the heart of Jemaa El Fna (major square- inside the Medina) but really hard to find! So if you are arriving at night time its almost imposible to find by your own, but Said (the owner) is very helpfull and if you tell him before He Will send you a vídeo explaining how to get there! The wifi is good enough. Bathrooms are not enought! And the worst for me is that the beds are not very good, bedrooms with no Windows or sun light at all. And unfortunaly I got some bugs bite in the bed! :/

Most affordable, best value for money hostel that I have ever stayed in. The staff (especially hasna) are super lovely and make an effort to make sure you have a great time in marrakesh. The terrace is a beatiful place to unwind after walking around all day. It is in the perfect location, right next to the medina :)

• 23rd Sep 2014

It was my first time at a hostel and it was perfect. Syed was a great host and the people that i met in the hostel were a great laugh. Im defo going back here in January. The hostel was very easy to find and the roof terrace is just perfect.

• 23rd Sep 2014

Our stay in rainbow hostel was an amazing time, cleanly r very nice people and the personal and the servicepeople are very friendly.. If you go to the rainbow hostel you will have an wonderful time there and get a big big frühstück :). see you next time in marracech sayd!!

• 19th Sep 2014

It was amazing! Lovely hostel with great staff. Said is the most friendlist host one can imagine. We enjoyed our stay here very much. Go there its the best

• 14th Sep 2014

Saiid is the best. The staff really make you feel like family. There's a really nice roof sitting area up top and also a sitting area downstairs that's equally as nice. I saw comments about bed bugs but I had NO problems with bed bugs during my stay.

• 14th Sep 2014

Sayd an amazing person and an excellent hostess!!! He's always ready to help and happy to give you a hand!! He really made us feel like at home!! The hostel is perfect located, secure and clean!! It has all you need, but it best is the STAFF!!!!

• 12th Sep 2014
  • Uruguay

Hostel is very pretty, atmosphere is good and staff are great. I'm particular Sayd is really friendly, welcoming and helpful. I returned here later in my stay in Morocco as I enjoyed my first stay. Included breakfast is a good sized meal. Recommended.

Had the most amazing time this hostel has such a friendly vibe and is in such a great location. Sayd is incredible the nicest man in the world we love rainbow because of all the fantastic staff. Can't wait to come back!

• 9th Sep 2014

We had a great time at the hostel and enjoyed our stay there. Would definitely recommend going on a few excursions, particularly the trip to the waterfalls and the Sahara Desert. Breakfast was generous and filling, the staff were all welcoming, especially Sayd and the location nearby to the Plaza was brilliant. Would definitely recommend.

• 3rd Sep 2014

Amazing staff (Sayd you rock !! ) friendly people and colourful atmosphere that you love to come home to !!

• 3rd Sep 2014