Rainbow Marrakech Reviews

13 Derb Laadam, Kenaria, Place Jemaa el Fna, Marrakech, Morocco

We really enjoyed our stay qt rainbow, great staff and bang for the buck. Always fresh tea and a nice terrace.

• 16th Dec 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Very good hostel ! I recommend !!

• 13th Dec 2014

Arriving at the hostel, my friend and I were greeted with tea and cookies, which was a nice gesture. The staff member was very accommodating and offered to serve us breakfast earlier than the usual breakfast hours as we had to depart early for the Merzouga. When we returned 3 nights later, we had to wait an hour for a different staff to realise that booking system needed updating and told us that my booking wasn't in the system.

• 8th Dec 2014

Very good position and atmosphere. Staff very helpful. A good place to keep coming back to on south Morocco tour.

Had a great stay and truly appreciate the hospitality!

• 29th Nov 2014

We were picked up from the Airport and brought directly to the Hostel, which is not the one directly at the square Jaama El Fna but about 8 minutes away from that. At first I thought that I would be dissapointed but in the end I was very happy with that, because the atmosphere in this Rainbow was very relaxed, calm and nice. The staff was incredible!!!! So friendly, flexible, helping, supporting, unbelievable. We could have free tea whenever we wanted, we didnt even have to ask for it.

• 27th Nov 2014

Nice place with great location, good price and traditional breakfast included.

The place has a really good atmosphere and the staff are nice, however we got rain for 2 days and the hostel simply crashed, they aren't prepared for rainy days at all. Cleanliness and facilities such as shower and toilets are poor. Moreover, the 6 bedroom is too small.

My group ended up being moved to Riad Dia and we loved it! It was right in the center near the market place and we found it easily because we got a free taxi pick up as we booked an excursion through the hostel (to ride camels, 20€/person). The atmosphere was amazing, all the travelers we met were so unique. The hostel made dinner Saturday night for 30€/person and it was delicious! Also breakfast is available every morning for very cheap and is homemade with Moroccan coffee and tea.

• 21st Nov 2014

Loved this hostel, our hostess was so nice and breakfast was delicious, if i come back to marrakech, i would stay here again

• 15th Nov 2014
  • Mexico

The people are VERY nice. They gave us free tea and the breakfast was great. The showers are not hot. I took cold showers. The pillows are also hard and I woke up with a stiff neck. Lastly, I had scheduled a camel ride and received an email saying I would be picked up at 1800 (which it is dark out by then), I said something to the manager at around 1700 and I think if I didn't say anything, they would've forgotten about the ride completely since they acted really surprised.

• 13th Nov 2014

One of the best hostel I've stayed in! Well located close to Place Jemma El Fna, helpful staff, good breafast, and à nice rooftop! I Really recommend it to backpackers!

• 11th Nov 2014

I had a good time, the staff were excelent and the location is really good, very close to the main square. Their tour to the desert is really good and in a very afordable price. The beds were really hard and the pillows like rocks. The shower was not that clean.

This hostel is very close to the centre square. The price is excellent; especially considering it includes breakfast. However, for the two nights we booked, it was impossible to sleep. The location of the common room causes the conversation and noise to be amplified as it rises up. It was difficult to sleep even with earplugs in. Also, smoking is allowed in the hostel. It felt as though I was sleeping in a bar!! I was very disappointed with my stay.

Hello and thanks for writing your review. Unlike Europe or the USA, smoking inside is not against the law in Morocco. Therefore we do not forbid our guests to do so. The nature of a riad is that all rooms face inwards towards a central courtyard which is also the communal area. The top of the building is open, without a roof, thus creating natural ventilation. Any traditional Moroccan building is built this way and we are sorry that this disappointed you. Best wishes for your future travels!

Rainbow hostel it is a nice hostel with a great atmoshpere! Very friendly stuff, opened and friendly. Thank you.

• 3rd Nov 2014
  • Poland

Karin is the best staff ever.

• 2nd Nov 2014

Had a great stay at this hostel, will stay here again on next trip 100%

The best staff that I have ever seen. Mainly Karim, who is really helpful and friendly. We were in a big group and everyone enjoy a lot our time there.

• 31st Oct 2014

the toilet location was the only thing i found wanting

• 30th Oct 2014

Great experience at the Rainbow Hostel, it very close to the central Jama el Fna square, in the evening you can even here the music from the square on the roof. The Hostel is clean and tidy, and the staff, especially Karim, very helpful not only in the every day staff but also in planning trips around Marocco.

• 28th Oct 2014