Rainbow Marrakech Reviews

13 Derb Laadam, Kenaria, Place Jemaa el Fna, Marrakech, Morocco

The hostel is great, 5 min away from the main square, everything you need you can find very near. It is also very safe and easy to get here. The staff is so great; everyday the beds are made and the hostel is very clean. Nacer is very nice and he helped us in everything we needed, a really nice person and a great friend!!! Thank you, Nacer for everything! Glad to have stayed here!!!

• 15th Jan 2015

As soon as I arrived I got free tea, very friendly staff especially nacer and Zico who always make sure you are ok and well stocked with tea! Great price and a great location. Thank you South for helping me with my stay in Marrakech!

• 11th Jan 2015

The staff are THE BEST! They make you feel right at home and they are hilarious! We had such an amazing time with them and got to ring in the New Year together with a delicious free dinner at the hostel. My friend and I loved to just hang out here in the evenings, smoke some shisha on the rooftop and chat with the staff. Make sure you're not travelling with any valuables though, there are no lockers, but the hostel feels totally safe :) 2 min from the main square!

Very nice hostel, and our host Ali greeted us like kings. If I go back to Marrakech I'll come back to the same hostel :)

• 30th Dec 2014
  • Norway

Rainbow Marrakech is a unique hostel. It's bright and colourful and the staff are the friendliest. The roof is definitely a highlight during the day. A great place to relax after the busyness of the markets.

• 30th Dec 2014

We had a colourful stay in this great hostel in a riad, right in the centre of the Medina. It was a nice home stay to rest after the crazyness in Marrakech. We made friends and Hakim, Jawad et al. took great care of us. The cookies are home made en the breakfast is delicious! We enjoyed our nights at the roofterrace, having a drink with our friends and telling stories.

We really enjoyed our stay qt rainbow, great staff and bang for the buck. Always fresh tea and a nice terrace.

• 16th Dec 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The staff is awesome, which makes the stay enjoyable, I've stayed on the terrace and it was a bit could, the bathroom was not good also, especially because of the rain, drops would fall from the ceiling. It's a bit hard to find by first, but then you get used to it. I'd still recommend because of the staff, they give you tips, care about you and make you delicious tee :P

Very good hostel ! I recommend !!

• 13th Dec 2014

Arriving at the hostel, my friend and I were greeted with tea and cookies, which was a nice gesture. The staff member was very accommodating and offered to serve us breakfast earlier than the usual breakfast hours as we had to depart early for the Merzouga. When we returned 3 nights later, we had to wait an hour for a different staff to realise that booking system needed updating and told us that my booking wasn't in the system.

• 8th Dec 2014

Its a vibrant colourfull hostal with very helpfull and friendly staff. Don´t miss the rooftop with 5 turtles.

Very good position and atmosphere. Staff very helpful. A good place to keep coming back to on south Morocco tour.

Had a great stay and truly appreciate the hospitality!

• 29th Nov 2014

We were picked up from the Airport and brought directly to the Hostel, which is not the one directly at the square Jaama El Fna but about 8 minutes away from that. At first I thought that I would be dissapointed but in the end I was very happy with that, because the atmosphere in this Rainbow was very relaxed, calm and nice. The staff was incredible!!!! So friendly, flexible, helping, supporting, unbelievable. We could have free tea whenever we wanted, we didnt even have to ask for it.

• 27th Nov 2014

Nice place with great location, good price and traditional breakfast included.

The place has a really good atmosphere and the staff are nice, however we got rain for 2 days and the hostel simply crashed, they aren't prepared for rainy days at all. Cleanliness and facilities such as shower and toilets are poor. Moreover, the 6 bedroom is too small.

My group ended up being moved to Riad Dia and we loved it! It was right in the center near the market place and we found it easily because we got a free taxi pick up as we booked an excursion through the hostel (to ride camels, 20€/person). The atmosphere was amazing, all the travelers we met were so unique. The hostel made dinner Saturday night for 30€/person and it was delicious! Also breakfast is available every morning for very cheap and is homemade with Moroccan coffee and tea.

• 21st Nov 2014

Loved this hostel, our hostess was so nice and breakfast was delicious, if i come back to marrakech, i would stay here again

The people are VERY nice. They gave us free tea and the breakfast was great. The showers are not hot. I took cold showers. The pillows are also hard and I woke up with a stiff neck. Lastly, I had scheduled a camel ride and received an email saying I would be picked up at 1800 (which it is dark out by then), I said something to the manager at around 1700 and I think if I didn't say anything, they would've forgotten about the ride completely since they acted really surprised.

• 13th Nov 2014

One of the best hostel I've stayed in! Well located close to Place Jemma El Fna, helpful staff, good breafast, and à nice rooftop! I Really recommend it to backpackers!

• 11th Nov 2014