Rainbow Marrakech Reviews

13 Derb Laadam, Kenaria, Place Jemaa el Fna, Marrakech, Morocco

Spent a great week here watching many travellers use the hostel as a base point for trips around Morocco. Its exactly what you expect with a budget hostel; offering comfortable basic facilities but with a great friendly, relaxed atmosphere. And a HUGE breakfast included in the price. Also, reports of bed bugs are more likely other insect bites common in Marrakech (from what I have seen and my previous experience). Would definitely recommend to friends?

The staff is very friendly and nice, and helpful all around the clock :-) Organization of desert excursions with good prize. I liked it when I had a warm welcome with tea. And the most important is the good atmosphere when meeting other travelers.

Well located, worth the price! The staffs were so helpful.

There were some kind of bugs in the room that bit us in the night, and we'd wake up in the morning with red bites.

Very nice hostel! I totally recommend to everybody! Awesome place to meet new people and make friends. Staff speak several languages, hostel is well located, very good free breakfast. I stayed for 1 week and i'd go there again for sure!

Located in the heart of Jemaa El Fna (major square- inside the Medina) but really hard to find! So if you are arriving at night time its almost imposible to find by your own, but Said (the owner) is very helpfull and if you tell him before He Will send you a vídeo explaining how to get there! The wifi is good enough. Bathrooms are not enought! And the worst for me is that the beds are not very good, bedrooms with no Windows or sun light at all. And unfortunaly I got some bugs bite in the bed! :/

Most affordable, best value for money hostel that I have ever stayed in. The staff (especially hasna) are super lovely and make an effort to make sure you have a great time in marrakesh. The terrace is a beatiful place to unwind after walking around all day. It is in the perfect location, right next to the medina :)

• 23rd Sep 2014

It was my first time at a hostel and it was perfect. Syed was a great host and the people that i met in the hostel were a great laugh. Im defo going back here in January. The hostel was very easy to find and the roof terrace is just perfect.

• 23rd Sep 2014

Our stay in rainbow hostel was an amazing time, cleanly r very nice people and the personal and the servicepeople are very friendly.. If you go to the rainbow hostel you will have an wonderful time there and get a big big frühstück :). see you next time in marracech sayd!!

• 19th Sep 2014

It was amazing! Lovely hostel with great staff. Said is the most friendlist host one can imagine. We enjoyed our stay here very much. Go there its the best

• 14th Sep 2014

Saiid is the best. The staff really make you feel like family. There's a really nice roof sitting area up top and also a sitting area downstairs that's equally as nice. I saw comments about bed bugs but I had NO problems with bed bugs during my stay.

• 14th Sep 2014

Sayd an amazing person and an excellent hostess!!! He's always ready to help and happy to give you a hand!! He really made us feel like at home!! The hostel is perfect located, secure and clean!! It has all you need, but it best is the STAFF!!!!

• 12th Sep 2014
  • Uruguay

Hostel is very pretty, atmosphere is good and staff are great. I'm particular Sayd is really friendly, welcoming and helpful. I returned here later in my stay in Morocco as I enjoyed my first stay. Included breakfast is a good sized meal. Recommended.

Had the most amazing time this hostel has such a friendly vibe and is in such a great location. Sayd is incredible the nicest man in the world we love rainbow because of all the fantastic staff. Can't wait to come back!

• 9th Sep 2014

We had a great time at the hostel and enjoyed our stay there. Would definitely recommend going on a few excursions, particularly the trip to the waterfalls and the Sahara Desert. Breakfast was generous and filling, the staff were all welcoming, especially Sayd and the location nearby to the Plaza was brilliant. Would definitely recommend.

• 3rd Sep 2014

Amazing staff (Sayd you rock !! ) friendly people and colourful atmosphere that you love to come home to !!

• 3rd Sep 2014

Rainbow hostel is a fun social place to stay in Marrakech. Sayd made our trip easy and very enjoyable. After meeting us at the Medina to guide us to the hostel he made delicious mint tea aka whiskey. He also arranged transfers for us to our other destinations for a fair price and booked a 3 day Sahara tour for our group which we really enjoyed. When I left my camera at the hostel he went out of his way to return it to me in another location. Our group loved Rainbow and would stay here over again

Rainbow is a great place! The staff is amazing and very friendly! I had an awesome stay here met lots of travelers from around the world! There's this one guy who works in rainbow named sayd who is super funny and friendly, he can recommend great places to check out and other hostels in different areas that are very good!!! I loved my stay in rainbow!

• 28th Aug 2014

The staff were very nice and welcoming, but the beds contatin bedbugs and the dorms get so hot at night it's like sleeping in a sauna. I wouldn't return to this hostel...

The Rainbow Hostel is the place to be in Marrakech. We spent four amazing days there and enjoyed it to the fullest. We met nice people and the best was the kind staff. Sayd helped us so much planning our trip through Morocco and was day and night available for questions. Our hero! The location of the hostel could not be more central but the biggest plus, it is super clean and you feel immediately welcomed. Always hit the high note, cause this is one of the nicest Hostels we have been too!

• 24th Aug 2014