Rainbow Marrakech Reviews

13 Derb Laadam, Kenaria, Place Jemaa el Fna, Marrakech, Morocco

I loved everything about Rainbow.. the location, the building, and the staff especially. They were so friendly and accommodating. Hicham, Noure, and Hamid were wonderful. They made us dinner and tea, booked our taxis and accompanied us anywhere we asked them to. I've never stayed in such a welcoming place. I stayed at Rainbow for 4 nights and it was very sad to leave. I will definitely be returning soon!

• 4th Jan 2014

Perfect location, great atmosphere, very friendly staff, Hicham et al. made sure that I had a good time in Marrakech with tips on what to visit and large quantities of tea, on top of a good breakfast.

Great service, food and people. Thank you so much hicham!!!

• 2nd Jan 2014
  • Argentina

When arriving at rainbow marrakech we felt a warm welcome from the friendly and helpful owner. There was one slight glitch with our booking which was quite a big inconvenience. They were fully booked and we'd already paid our deposit for our double room on new years eve. They offered us a dorm, which is not what we asked for and then found us a lovely room in a riad to apologise. This was inconvenient because we had a long walk with out heavy bags but they handled the situation well

• 31st Dec 2013
  • sadie_rocks5845

Great hostel in the perfect location. Had a great time in Marrakech and would definitely return to Rainbow Marrakech in the future. The staff are the best, very friendly, knowledgable, and generous. Even sent me away with snacks for my overnight train. Great work guys!

Our stay at Marrakech was great. Their family that works in the hostel is so friendly! We had a really great time. Its a great location. Literally minutes walk to the square. The facilities are what you would expect of Morocco. Dont expect anything too fancy and you wont be disappointed but the showers and toilets work fine and do their job. Their isnt really a kitchen so dont plan on cooking. The staff are wonderfully friendly. The beds were comfortable. We slept very well.

I think this would normally have been a decent hostel but because I stayed there during a big football match when it was far too busy which brought out it's weaknesses. The the hostel was way overbooked so that our five bed dorm had 11 beds, with the floor completely full of mattresses while we still had to pay the same price. It was very noisy with really bad music until early hours of the morning and one of the guys in the hostel was far too touchy but other staff were really awesome...

Good hostel, excellent location, but lacked lockers in the rooms and a bit more organisation. When I arrived, they were overbooked for the night (although I booked three months in advance) and had to sleep in the roof terrace, which was cold. Fortunately I was moved to a two-bed room (better than the one I had booked) for the further two nights. Breakfast was great, atmosphere too. Excellent location, just a minute walk to the Jemaa el-Fnaa square.

The manager is the epitome of unprofessional. The hostel is consistently overbooked and people end up sleeping on cots or on the rooftop terrace. He seems proud of his unethical business practices. He is very creepy towards women. Worst of all, the manager tried to pressure me into letting him help me write the hostel world review while I was there several times (since I had made desperate bookings 3 days apart). Building is decent. Location is good but hard to find.

Good Location, friendly staff, nice environment.. hicham, the manager is really nice.. strongly recommend!

veryy gooooood!

Excellent location, just by the main square of the city. Outstanding breakfast and nice morroquian environment with an atencious staff. The single thing was the shower that wasn't warm sometimes, but I still recommend this hostel

• 12th Dec 2013

If you book into the rainbow Marrakech don't expect to actually stay there or to be given any information as to why or what is going on. Upon arriving to the hostel we were told to sit and wait then told someone was coming to collect us because they took it upon themselves to book us in somewhere else without informing us. The receptionist was asleep on the couch when we got there so we didn't even realise he was staff then he was extremely rude and arrogant. Very poor service.

You will be treated like in the house of your mom. Amazing breakfast, tea whenever you want , because Badr is always ready to do the best tea. He will be smiling always! And Hicham? He will realize your wishes, he will find the best trip to Sahara desert and make you feel comfortable. I learnt something special: to understand that the most important thing is what you have in your heart, not your appearance. A clean place with friendly people who can surprise you with the size of their hearts.

• 8th Dec 2013

Please, if you love travelling and you are thinking of go to Marrakech, GO TO THIS HOSTEL!! It is the best place you will find. There, you will meet a little family who takes care of you, the staff will help you with everything you need. A perfect place to meet travellers from everywhere in a fantastic atmosphere. You always have a nice breakfast and good rest. Tea & Coffee are also delicious and are for free. I love this hostel, I will come back. Hicham will attend you so good, SHUKRAN!!!!

• 6th Dec 2013
  • Spain

Very nice hostel! Good location! Nice staff! Thanks for the birthday present!!

• 26th Nov 2013

Rainbow Hostel is awesome, the staff is friendly and make you feel welcome. The hostel itself is so cool and they can arrange excursions for you at a moments notice.

• 22nd Nov 2013

This isn't the best place to stay if you want to sleep well. The beds are uncomfortable and the noise from the communal area can be heard throughout the hostel from early in the am until late in the pm. On the other hand, the location is good, it's secure, it's clean, there's (some) hot water, you can get laundry done, the staff are amazing (especially Hicham and Badr) and the reason it's noisy is because it's so sociable. If you want peace and quiet, stay at the sister hostel, Layla Rouge. :)

We turned up after a long journey to find that although we had booked a private double room, they do not actually have any! They wanted us to share in a dorm but as we are on honeymoon we didn't want to do this. In the end, after about an hour they managed to find us sa room in their sister hostel. In fairness this was offered at the same price but was MUCH nicer.

I really liked my stay in Rainbow hostel, my bed was confortoble, the atmosphere was relax and there was music playing in the common area, wifi in the rooms, hot breakfest with the whenever we wanted. There is only 2 things that I didn't appreciate. 1. The staff didn't speak english (nether french) enough to answer to my questions about the tours offered for example. 2. The shower ran out of hot water after 2minutes ( I guess it depends at what time you take it!)

• 13th Nov 2013