Rainbow Wave Surfing Hostel Reviews

No. 92 Zhong Zhen Road, Hengchun Township, Kenting, Taiwan

Absolutely awesome place, the owner helps you with everything you can imagine, nice people and two cute cats complete the perfect hostel experience. Go and visit the Rainbow Wave Surfing Hostel! I definitely come back.

Less than 5 mins walking distance from everything you need: bus transfer station, convention stores, main ancient street, southern gate etc. Devoid of the crowd from Kenting, you will get a very distinctively designed hostel with a mixture of reggae, Tibetan and surfer. The staffs are kind and helpful who took note of my stomach discomfort and prepared a great delicious local dinner which improved my appetite. Surely looking forward to return with a longer stay.

Very nice and helpful staff! Scooter rektal and Bus Station (Kenting Shuttle and Kaohsiung Shuttle) right around the corner- so you can quickly go to all scenic spots you want. Shops and restaurants also close by. And the atmosphere in the Hostel very nice including bar and roof terrace!

sound staff. I was there in low season so there wasn't much atmosphere but I can see it would be nice in peak season.

They have the friendliest staff, great laid-back atmosphere. Nice place to relax after a day of surfing.

Naticia and all of the other staff were very helpful and welcoming, she even let me use her bike to cycle to the nearby bar. Hostel has a nice bar to relax in. Would definitely come back here if i'm visiting kenting again. Also second night is cheaper than first by 200TD, which hostelworld doesnt say.

I loved the vibe of this place. The decorations and the staff all fit the "surf" feel of the hostel. The staff were friendly, but didn't really offer any help or talk to you unless you asked. The location is close to tons of restaurants, and a short bus ride to the beach. Breakfast was also a nice feature. I think I would have enjoyed it more if there were more people around during my stay, but still a great place to stay overall!

Rainbow Wave is such a great place to stay. The atmosphere here is so laid back, it just feels homey and welcoming. And the staff, they are ao friendly and cool. They totally went out of their way to be nice, helpful, and include me in the hostel's culture. On top of that, comfy beds, and good showers. Met tons of friendly people here and would go back in a heartbeat! Highly recommend!

Location is great (near bus station, old street and night market). Staff are helpful when you need help. Toilet facilities a little limited. Lobby-bar serves drinks and food. Breakfast is simple.

i guess it was a normal home but the conversion was great. spacious, simple but with style. staffs r frdly. breakfast is great!

I stayed at the hostel for a week, mainly so that I could go surfing around the area. Everything in the place was really nice a chilled out. The staff were excellent and helped me out in any way they could to make my stay great. This is one of the best hostels I have stayed in. Well done to everyone that works here for making my holiday wonderful :)

In a very convenient location! Near random shops, small businesses, 7-11 and bus station. Staff was very friendly and willing to help with advice and directions!

Great vibe here, and the staff go with the vibe so you're not an easy going kind of person then this might not be your jam. Don't expect a lot of specifics from them, but Kenting is an easy going, exploring kind of place any way. If you want to go scooba diving or sight-seeing, look into locations yourself. The breakfast wasn't big, but the perfect size, and interesting every day. Our room was great, clean, had everything we needed. No laundry machine, but there's a big bucket and soap.

Conveniently located next to the Hengchun bus station. Nice decoration with good facilities. The bunk beds are comfortable. Very helpful and friendly staff. Delicious breakfast prepared by the staff. Would certainly choose this hostel again if I visit Hengchun in the future!

The area is very clean. The ladies make very tasty breakfast!! Would be 100% perfect if there is a washing machine.

This is, by far, the best hostel I've ever stayed at.

I really had a great time there. I definetely recommand this great hostel in Hengchun town.

This is one of the best hostels I have stayed at. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was a big plus! The atmosphere is relaxed and the dorm was spacious.

We really liked the location in the city, easy access to many different things. Staff gave great recommendations on places to rent motor bikes, live music to see and a great night market on Sundays.

I seldom take time to write reviews for a hostel but this time i have to because rainbow wave is definitely the place where u can meet amazing people who will make your trip in kenting amazing.

• 7th Jul 2014