Rainbow Wave Surfing Hostel Reviews

No. 92 Zhong Zhen Road, Hengchun Township, Kenting, Taiwan

Great place to be in Kenting! Super near the bus station Heng Chun that will take you to either KaoHsiung or Kenting. Staff were super friendly too!! :D

Nice hostel and friendly stuff. They have some cats and dogs there, but they aren't alowd in the bedrooms.

I liked this Hostel it is big with a lot of activity. They have a small bar on premises and laundry facilities on the roof. You can rent a scooter just down the street. Really verify your destination with Google Maps it was wrong for me. There is a young woman at the hostel that has a website that sells some very nice bags (i bought one for my daughter) check it out. I liked this hostel lots of room to chill out with nice showers. The bus station is only two blocks away.

the pictures do not match the facilities

你好,照片跟現場房間都是跟你預訂的雙人房ㄧ模ㄧ樣,只有ㄧ張雙人床 下次要看清楚再訂房喔!

Great location - less than 100 metres from bus stop that links you everywhere. Convenience stores and great local food all on the same street. Cats roam the hostel and kept us entertained. Bed was comfy, and had privacy curtains. The owners surf so I went to another hostel for diving - WonderOcean (also listed on HW), but the location, cleanliness and security for this one was great so I stayed on 3 more nights and didn't move.

The staff was very welcoming and helpful. They helped us finding the best typical restaurants in Hengchun, and also helped us organising our sightseeing in Kenting. It was a very relaxing and enjoyable stay at Rainbow Wave Surfing.

• 10th Mar 2015

Good hostel with nice staff and great facilities.

I really loved the time at Rainbow Wave Surfing Hostel! Thank you for very relaxing days. If I ever come back to the South of Taiwan I will definitely stay one more time at this hostel :-) PS: There was just one little "problem": I am very allergic against cats and at the hostel live a few house cats. But luckily they are not allowed to go upstairs to the bedrooms, so it was okay.

• 22nd Feb 2015

Going back in less then a month. Great hostel overall

“Rainbow Wave Surfing Hostel is situated in Kenting.” Kenting National Park, yes, but NOT Kenting City! Please make that clear! The building has a nice vibe and great laundry facilities on the roof, but I didn’t like that there is only one main bathroom with sinks, toilets, and showers for both men and women together. If the women must share a bathroom with the men, please at least put mirror in the women’s dorm. Vents in the wall let you hear everything from neighboring rooms, incl. bathroom!

Service was not exemplary when I went. Staff were curt and unhelpful, more interested in their computers and facebook than answering my questions. Also sound from the common area transmits directly into the big room I was sleeping in. Otherwise, beds were clean and comfortable, showers were nice.

• 3rd Feb 2015

As others have mentioned your actually a bit away from Kenting or even the coast, about 5 min to the later and 20 to the former, the plus side of all this is you have way more busses and taking bike round the whole south coast is quite a bit easier. Limited showers which could be an issue in high season but there big and airy so no biggie. If you after the Asian hippy vibe then this place has you sorted, if your not its fine.

Thank you so much for staying in rainbow wave hostel, and so grateful you like rainbow wave hostel,we'll do better for every guest. and wish you everyday as beautiful as a rainbow.

I booked for 1 night and stayed for 4 :D

Thanks Ramona so much for staying in rainbow wave hostel, and so grateful you like rainbow wave hostel,we'll do better for every guest. and wish you everyday as beautiful as a rainbow. we'll miss you^^

Very comfortable

• 18th Jan 2015
  • Malaysia

氣氛跟佈置都很有味道!彩色的大廳跟木製床都讓人感覺很舒服很配合恆春墾丁的陽光海灘。長髮老闆人看起來酷酷的但其實很nice!老闆娘(應該是?)也很nice!也謝謝老闆的香港加油!是我環島住得最開心的hostel,期待夏天再回來! A hostel with pleasant interior design, both common area and bed are great! Nice host and hostess, the best hostel I've ever been in Taiwan! Hope to visit again!

Great staff, relaxed atmosphere, clean, good facilities, cant think of anything I would change!

Very good hostel with great staff and atmosphere. Beware though, that this hostel is NOT in the town of Kenting. It is in Hengchun which is about 20 minutes north by bus, Make sure you get off at the right stop.

Best Hostel in Taiwan. 1 minute away from scooter rental, night market, bus station and everything else you need. Very good atmoshere and the staff is AMAZING! I had a great time at Rainbow wave surfing hostel, I would definitely come back!

Absolutely awesome place, the owner helps you with everything you can imagine, nice people and two cute cats complete the perfect hostel experience. Go and visit the Rainbow Wave Surfing Hostel! I definitely come back.

Extremely nice hostel! Good price, close to scooter rentals and restaurants, and a cool bar. The staff cook dinner that you can join for ~3eur at night.