Rainbow Wave Surfing Hostel Reviews

No. 92 Zhong Zhen Road, Hengchun Township, Kenting, Taiwan

I only booked to stay here one night and ended up staying 6. The atmosphere is very relax and the staff are extremely friendly and also relaxed. It takes 10/15 minutes by bus to get to the beach and the hostel gives surfing lessons if you are keen. Very close to some great restaurants and food karts. Would definetly recommend this hostel if you feel like taking a relaxing break from the busy bigger city's.

Kenting was hot in summer and this hostel was warm.Best location which off the Hengchun station, perfect breakfast.

good location to discover the kenting area, right next to a bus stop where buses to kenting go till the late evening, organized a surf class including getting there and away

Stayed here for two nights and would highly recommend it. Bed were comfy. Lockers were secure. And the breakfast was tasty too. In addition, I stupidly left my bank card in my locker and they kindly sent it back on me very quickly. All in all a great experience.

Really good hostel, Relaxed surfer atmosphere, very clean, super friendly Staff, thanks again Felix for your help! They have a cheap laundry service and a pretty cool rooftop and a tasty breakfast! I would definitely recommend this place !

We had a nice experience in this hostel! It's located near the bus station. The staff is friendly and we really liked the rooftop terrace! The rooms are clean, you only might have to queue for the bathroom. If you like cats this is a perfect place for you! The breakfast is good too.

A really friendly laid back hostel located in the main town (Hengchun) in the Keating area. The staff were friendly, the lounge area was comfortable and even had some cute cats to hang out with. The room I stayed in was open with single mattresses instead of bunks and was more comfortable for it. I would suiggest they could do with an extra shower or two but I never really had to wait in line. They also have breakfast included and it was better than expected. Bus to the Beach takes 10 mins.

The staff were really friendly and the hostel is just a bus ride away from downtown Kenting. Rooms and bathrooms were very clean. The common area is a great place to meet fellow travelers. I would definitely visit again

• 15th Jul 2015

This place felt in a way more like a community than a hostel (in the good way) where locals, friends, family members and tourists mix together in a common, hippy-like circle. It was a very chill place, great for people who love to be surrounded by dogs, cats and children and with very spacious beds and rooms. The highlights: extremely well located and great staff. Will stay again.

Cozy hostel on the main street in Kenting. Easy access to the night market (Sunday only) as well as other street food. Staff was helpful with renting a scooter and provide a tour map of the south (though not to scale). Locker is provided for valuables though it would be nice to have a large cage to put luggage in securely. Great breakfast though it would be nice to be able to pay for a second sandwich. Given the lack of English in the town, a short list of food translations would be helpful.

I have to say rainbow hostel one of the nicest not beat hostels I've stayed at. It's aesthetically pleasing and warm, beautiful photography, and nice atmosphere..the staff are quite amazing and really down to earth..they want you to havenjce time and will go out of their way to help you out..on top of that they make you a yummy breakfast..I'm so happy I chose this hostel and you should too! I did not try the surfing but I will next time..cheers_Arleen..thank you for a wonderful stay

Overall I had a good experience at Rainbow Wave Surfing Hostel. It is located in the middle of Hengchun next to convenience stores and shops where you can rent mopeds to get to Kenting. The staff was very helpful, especially Summer who told us about where to rent mopeds and she made the best sandwiches for breakfast (which is also free). Also, fyi there are quite a few dogs and cats at this hostel for those who are allergic to animals.

The rooms were very nice and the atmosphere was pleasant. However, due to poor design, sound carries very easily here. There was a group of extremely loud people one of the nights I stayed here, and I found the location to be inconvenient to bike to any worthwhile in Kenting. When I left to go to a different hostel for these reasons, they did not provide a refund, even though I had told them the previous day that I would be leaving and the hostel was not nearly fully booked.

Very friendly and efficient staffs! Although I arrived late at night, they showed me around. Location is AWESOME! 7-11 is just a few steps opposite it, and there are other awesome food too! Walking distance to the bus stop and it is just so convenient.

Great place to be in Kenting! Super near the bus station Heng Chun that will take you to either KaoHsiung or Kenting. Staff were super friendly too!! :D

Nice hostel and friendly stuff. They have some cats and dogs there, but they aren't alowd in the bedrooms.

I liked this Hostel it is big with a lot of activity. They have a small bar on premises and laundry facilities on the roof. You can rent a scooter just down the street. Really verify your destination with Google Maps it was wrong for me. There is a young woman at the hostel that has a website that sells some very nice bags (i bought one for my daughter) check it out. I liked this hostel lots of room to chill out with nice showers. The bus station is only two blocks away.

the pictures do not match the facilities

你好,照片跟現場房間都是跟你預訂的雙人房ㄧ模ㄧ樣,只有ㄧ張雙人床 下次要看清楚再訂房喔!

Great location - less than 100 metres from bus stop that links you everywhere. Convenience stores and great local food all on the same street. Cats roam the hostel and kept us entertained. Bed was comfy, and had privacy curtains. The owners surf so I went to another hostel for diving - WonderOcean (also listed on HW), but the location, cleanliness and security for this one was great so I stayed on 3 more nights and didn't move.

The staff was very welcoming and helpful. They helped us finding the best typical restaurants in Hengchun, and also helped us organising our sightseeing in Kenting. It was a very relaxing and enjoyable stay at Rainbow Wave Surfing.

• 10th Mar 2015