Rainforest Backpackers Reviews

46 Cron St., Franz Josef Glacier, Franz Josef, New Zealand

Really great stay here. Wish we had more time to spend here Staff were super helpful and altered our booking to suit my elderly mum Party and rocking little place for my eldest daughter Super friendly Free milk

It was amazing!

Pretty good place but I would try some of the other places if I stayed in Franz Josef again. The place is a pretty basic lodge/hotel with a fun bar nearby. Bathrooms were very clean and the beds were pretty comfortable but the room didn't have that much ventilation so it smelled like body odor pretty fast.

This hostel is fine but not one of the nicer ones we have stayed in

Really beautiful location - the hostel is very social and has a lot on offer. Rooms are quite cold, especially when we arrived quite late in the evening and it took quite some time to heat the room up.

Extremely cold room. Small air heater is definitely not enough to hear the room in winter.

Lovely location to see the glacier. Great to use free spa pool and the bar was great with a great atmosphere. Staff were very helpful!

Smelly room, I had to leave the door open during the day so it could air out. The kiwi bus stops here so it can get a little crazy. Also don't bother with the pizza night it's a kinda of a rip off with mostly vegetarian or cheese pizza. Till the end do they bring out one pizza with meat.

Best hostel in New Zealand! Loved our two night stay here.

Really nice hostel with super friendly staff. The bar on site was great too with big log fires to keep you cosy :)

• 16th May 2015