Rainforest Backpackers Reviews

46 Cron St., Franz Josef Glacier, Franz Josef, New Zealand

I was welcomed by the most loveliest receptionist who took time to chat and direct me to where my room was. I had a private room/chalet in Ghekos Village and it was beautiful with the exception of the flies, which a spray in the room to deal with this would of been good. The facilities were lovely and clean and meant i could unwind in the room rather than the usual shared facilities my journey to that point had given me. A much needed and appreciated respite if a tad on the steep side price.

a little hard to find as it was called rainforest retreat but the rooms were simple with beds and a bathroom (4share) large kitchen facilities and a common room off that. good value accommodation!

Really great stay here. Wish we had more time to spend here Staff were super helpful and altered our booking to suit my elderly mum Party and rocking little place for my eldest daughter Super friendly Free milk

It was amazing!

Pretty good place but I would try some of the other places if I stayed in Franz Josef again. The place is a pretty basic lodge/hotel with a fun bar nearby. Bathrooms were very clean and the beds were pretty comfortable but the room didn't have that much ventilation so it smelled like body odor pretty fast.

This hostel is fine but not one of the nicer ones we have stayed in

Really beautiful location - the hostel is very social and has a lot on offer. Rooms are quite cold, especially when we arrived quite late in the evening and it took quite some time to heat the room up.