Ram Bhawan Residency Reviews

D-20/21 Munshi Ghat, Varanasi, India

Renewed traditional indian house (very cosy :) ) in an excellent location near Ganges, with a lively atmosphere all day. The staff is very kind, accomodating and friendly, and the food delicious!

Dear Ana Isabel, We are really glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at Ram Bhawan Residency, the food we serve and atmosphere. Thank you for taking time to review us. Your feedback is precious for us because it helps us improve our services and provide updated information about our Residency to the wider travelling community. We hope to see you soon and have the opportunity to welcome you once again. Warm regards, Ram Bhawan Residency Team

Very helpful staff and excellent location.

• 10th Jul 2015

Dear Rick., We are really glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at Ram Bhawan Residency. Thank you for taking time to review us. Your feedback is precious for us because it helps us improve our services and provide updated information about our Residency to the wider travelling community. We hope to see you soon and have the opportunity to welcome you once again. Warm regards, Ram Bhawan Residency Team

I've been staying here for the past 6 years since I've been travelling India. The hostel is always amazing however the hostel hospitality manager was changed and the new one isn't faring so well. I arrived and was given the top floor room when the hostel was vacant in 45 degree Celsius weather. I asked to be shifted and I was for 2 days only to be told I would need to move again. I ended up getting another place just nearby, Ganges Inn that costed me 100₹ more with ac, and private bath.

Thank you Karina for your review and informing us of the elements in our hospitality that did not fair well. The management of Ram Bhawan is still the same: managed at distance with some staff members present in Varanasi. Unfortunately, you booked a top floor room in summer and we could move you to the lower floor only for 2 days, as a group of 15 French volunteers was coming to stay for 2 weeks and had booked the lower floor rooms. We apologise for the inconvenience and hope to host you again

Extremely clean place having the warmth and passion of the people who run it makes Ram Bhawan the best way to experience Varanasi. Thank you Vrinda, Shalini, Debashis, Amarnath, Didi...I will miss you all and I'll cherish the Benaras experience forever.

Wifi was a bit hit and miss, mostly miss. But the free breakfast and lunch made up for it. (Lunch is definitely worth waiting around for one day) The location is a bit tricky to find but once you've orientated yourself, you'll realise how nice and central it is. Biggest complaint would be the mattress, very thin unfortunately which doesn't make for a comfortable sleep.

Solid choice right near the ghats, we stayed for the Holi festival. Sort of a loungey, don't-ever-leave-the-hostel vibe with most the long-term tenants while we there... not sure if this is a product of being part of a 'society', but a bit off-putting from a travelling/adventure perspective. Clean rooms that offer some much needed respite from the chaos outside.

Dear Brett, We are really glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. The Residency tries to balance between long term and short term guests in order to enrich the stay in Varanasi of both typologies of guests. Sometime this can lean towards one. Thank you for taking time to review us. Your feedback is precious for us because it helps us improve our services and provide updated information about our Residency to the wider travelling community. Warm regards, Ram Bhawan Residency Team