Ramses II Hotel and Hostel Reviews

37 talaat harb st cairo 12 floor down town, Cairo, Egypt

You take a rickety elevator to and from street level -hostel is on the 25th flr. On my last day I had to catch a plane and the elevator wasn't working because there's a manual door which autolocks for safety reasons.Staff were fine, but one guy was slimy and untrustworthy. Really nice to me on the first day, arranged a tour for me which turned out to have lots of lovely hidden charges. Said "all transport is included, plus taxi back from bus station" Nope-had to make my own way back. Worst place

I was very pleased with this hotel from the start. I had some questions that were always promptly answered by email. I loved the free airport pick up. I organized all my trips to Giza, Saqqara ect with the front desk where the staff were always very cheerful and most helpful. I wish I could remember the driver's name. He had a nice car with good air con. He never hassled me once about visiting his "uncle's shop" and was always professional. The driver was the cheapest in a of Egypt.