Randi Homestay Reviews

20 / 4 Saint Jude Place, Thaladuwa, Negombo, Sri Lanka

Very convenient next to the bus station, they let me check in early which was nice. Room clean and simple, bearable with just a fan at night. Bike hire very good price. It's good you can use a kettle. Only negative thing is breakfast. So basic it's not even worth mentioning they do it, a roll and banana!!! For a home stay I expect a lot more and hoped to experience real Sri lankan food!

Fabulous hospitality, thanks Douglas for helping us with tuk-tuk driver, umbrellas in the rain, directions & delicious breakfast! One tip: I had booked a room with en-suite bathroom and turns out it was shared. Not problem for us, but others may prefer to know it will be shared.

It locates close to the city center, everything is OK for the limited budget. Normally, late April till early May, the temperature is around 28-30, but this year it is 34! WIth such a high temperature, a fan is not good enough. However, it's our own oppinion.

• 26th Apr 2014
  • China

I arrived very late at the homestay and the owner was waiting and ready to help. I stayed only one night, but the family would have done anything to help with my travel needs. I kept a bag there for a few nights and arrived late o pick it up, which again was fine. The room was a basic fan room, but very clean, spacious and next to the bathroom which was superb.

Hi guys, as they say the stay in randi is like our second home. Very peaceful environment and the owner and the family was cery kind.

• 12th Mar 2014
  • India

Good place to spend a night or two in Negombo, after arriving or before leaving !! Owners are really good people, who will do what they can to help you !! Really close to bus station - great for arriving or departing. Set off the main road, really quiet and peaceful !! Breakfast included, let them now you like Sri Lankan food, and you'll get hoppers or other for breakfast - otherwise they give western stuff, like other places !! Definitely not my favourite ) Not a Negombo fan, but best place I h

We had a great stay here. Very convenient location for the airport and a nice beach (just a short bus ride away). Good sitting area for guests with kettle. The hosts were the best part of the stay - very friendly and helpful. I had ordered a package to the home stay which unfortunately did not arrive on time, the owner very kindly sent the package on to me in Taiwan. The hosts will go above and beyond to help you and make you feel at home.

• 4th Feb 2014