Rapunzel Reviews

Bereketzade Camii sk. No:3, Galata, Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

Very good location, comfortable, clean, big lockers, nice shower. Wifi was a bit spotty but got the job done. Overall very good!

I think the guys from the hostel are doing great job. I really enjoyed my stay and will definitely recommend this place to my friends.

Best hostel I've ever stayed at. Very friendly & helpful staff and great breakfast in a beautiful and cozy building. Location is just superb, walking distance to all the main spots since it's right between Taksim and Sultanahmet. I had a little accident at Süleymaniye Mosque (watch out for slippery marble stairs!) and was fondly treated by the staff while recovering. Istanbul if a life-changing experienced only enhanced by these wonderful people. Also made some good friends there!

• 23rd May 2015

Friendly staff!daily cleaning!Great location!Just fun fun fun!

• 22nd May 2015

We loved staying with you in this amazing and familiar atmosphere!

Great hostel, you feel the owners love people and their city.

I had a really good time at Rapunzel. The staff was very friendly and informative. The location was really good: walking distance from Istiklal street (where much of the nightlife happens), but also within (longer) walking distance from Sultanahmet and Fatih, where many of the historic structures are. I loved the rooftop terrace, where I met some great people, and enjoyed one of the best views of Istanbul.

Great hostel! I'm very glad I picked this place because the location is within walking distance from any area in the city which you might want to reach during the day. I met great people and always felt safe due to the locking gate, location, and 24 hour reception. Great breakfast and nice terrace too!

Rapunzel was great - they allowed me to stash my heavy backpack at 9am (early flight arrival) even though check-in wasn't until 2pm. Very convenient from the tram station, location in a great starting-off point for exploring. Beds were clean, my room was 3 bunks with one bathroom. We all had different rising/showering times, wasn't a problem. There's no microwave and it's not well-lit inside at night, this is a hostel more for crashing in after a long day out.

• 3rd May 2015

Everything was perfect. Thank you.

This hostel was in a great location, it was very comfortable and clean and the other people staying were wonderful. There isn't much of a kitchen, but the complimentary breakfast is wonderful and I loved the rooftop terrace. Thank you for the stay!

Very cute hostel, really nice and helpful staff, tasty breakfast, perfect bathroom and facilities (I stayed in a twin room), great location. What I didn't like: The bed (which looked nice) caused back pain. The walls are very thin (or the door) and the stairs are creaking. The hostel is quite small and so there weren't many people to socialize with.

I had a great experience at this hostel. Everyone I met was friendly, the breakfast was filling and full of variety, the rooftop terrace had a wonderful view, and the location was perfect. I would highly recommend.

Very good location, right next to Galata Tower, ensuite dorm, good wifi connection, they give you a key to a locker thats cool, the bad: only 1 electrical outlet in the room.

Very nice and helpful staff, great breakfast (at least for a hostel, definitely) and really cool view from the terrace. The only disadvantage were the steps to climb to get to the hostel, but its not that bad once you're there, it's definitely worth it :)

Spotless rooms, comfortable beds, big lockers, amazing terrace and good Wi-Fi. These are some good qualities of this beautiful, cute hostel. You'll find more than that during your stay for sure:)

• 29th Mar 2015

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed, by far. Highlights are definitely staff, music, terrace and location. Highly recommended to everyone...

• 29th Mar 2015
  • Denmark

This hostel had a friendly staff and nice common areas although they were very small. Location was good and walking distance to many attractions. My biggest complaint was the cleanliness of our private room. Specifically, the comforter was very old and stained.

• 23rd Mar 2015

Very nice place with excellent location Someone at the front desk 24h, great breakfast and offering transfers from the airport. Great rooftop with amazing view too

Very clean hostel, with friendly staff. The only drawback for me was that you could hear a lot of noise from the street and the hostel staircase in the room.