Rapunzel Reviews

Bereketzade Camii sk. No:3, Galata, Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

Great hostel, you feel the owners love people and their city.

I had a really good time at Rapunzel. The staff was very friendly and informative. The location was really good: walking distance from Istiklal street (where much of the nightlife happens), but also within (longer) walking distance from Sultanahmet and Fatih, where many of the historic structures are. I loved the rooftop terrace, where I met some great people, and enjoyed one of the best views of Istanbul.

Rapunzel was great - they allowed me to stash my heavy backpack at 9am (early flight arrival) even though check-in wasn't until 2pm. Very convenient from the tram station, location in a great starting-off point for exploring. Beds were clean, my room was 3 bunks with one bathroom. We all had different rising/showering times, wasn't a problem. There's no microwave and it's not well-lit inside at night, this is a hostel more for crashing in after a long day out.

• 3rd May 2015

Everything was perfect. Thank you.

This hostel was in a great location, it was very comfortable and clean and the other people staying were wonderful. There isn't much of a kitchen, but the complimentary breakfast is wonderful and I loved the rooftop terrace. Thank you for the stay!

Very cute hostel, really nice and helpful staff, tasty breakfast, perfect bathroom and facilities (I stayed in a twin room), great location. What I didn't like: The bed (which looked nice) caused back pain. The walls are very thin (or the door) and the stairs are creaking. The hostel is quite small and so there weren't many people to socialize with.

I had a great experience at this hostel. Everyone I met was friendly, the breakfast was filling and full of variety, the rooftop terrace had a wonderful view, and the location was perfect. I would highly recommend.

Very good location, right next to Galata Tower, ensuite dorm, good wifi connection, they give you a key to a locker thats cool, the bad: only 1 electrical outlet in the room.

Very nice and helpful staff, great breakfast (at least for a hostel, definitely) and really cool view from the terrace. The only disadvantage were the steps to climb to get to the hostel, but its not that bad once you're there, it's definitely worth it :)

• 1st Apr 2015
  • Slovakia

Spotless rooms, comfortable beds, big lockers, amazing terrace and good Wi-Fi. These are some good qualities of this beautiful, cute hostel. You'll find more than that during your stay for sure:)

• 29th Mar 2015

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed, by far. Highlights are definitely staff, music, terrace and location. Highly recommended to everyone...

• 29th Mar 2015
  • Denmark

This hostel had a friendly staff and nice common areas although they were very small. Location was good and walking distance to many attractions. My biggest complaint was the cleanliness of our private room. Specifically, the comforter was very old and stained.

• 23rd Mar 2015

Very nice place with excellent location Someone at the front desk 24h, great breakfast and offering transfers from the airport. Great rooftop with amazing view too

Very clean hostel, with friendly staff. The only drawback for me was that you could hear a lot of noise from the street and the hostel staircase in the room.

We absolutely loved our stay at Rapunzel! So much so that we cancelled our stay at another hostel to stay here longer. Located right next to Galata towers, this is a perfect place for those who're travelling to mingle with the young local crowd. Walking distance from Istiklal, its ideal for shopping or a night out. While location is great, we loved it for the personal interest the staff took in giving us recommendations and making our stay comfortable. Not to forget, the terrace is brilliant! :)

The hostel had some of the comfiest beds and a nice shower. The free breakfast in the morning was more than I expected. The roof top terrace provides an amazing view! But the workers were not that helpful in suggesting what to do. It was a great hostel overall but the front desk could have been more helpful.

Excellent price, location is ideal - you can walk to all the major sights but the area isn't overwhelmed with tourists. The hostel staff was friendly and helpful with tips and directions. I would stay here again on future trips!

• 26th Jan 2015

Stayed also at 2 other hostels in the area. Rapunzel has this unique homey atmosphere. Everything you can think of was more than enough, therefore it is quite satisfying. I'll definitely come back here.

• 26th Jan 2015

One of the hostels I've ever stayed. Definitely recommend anyone.

• 26th Jan 2015

Stay at Rapunzel and you'll not regret it:) Best value for money

• 25th Jan 2015