Rapunzel Reviews

Bereketzade Camii sk. No:3, Galata, Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

All was perfect during our stay in Rapunzel hostel, which is perfectly situated, so close from Galata Tower, near from Tunel and Istiklal, but also very close from Karakoy and the bridge to go to Sultanahmet. The room, the terrace and the breakfast room are very clean. And over all, people working there were always helpfull and very smily, which is a great pleasure to stay in this kind of place.

the hostel is very nice located in the center 5 minutes fromistiklal street..crew is very nice and very helpfull the room was very clean great place to stay in

ichose this hostel cos of many good reviews.,each good description in them is absolutely true! First of all, super-friendly and helpful staff, then cleanness of everything, comfortable beds, good atmosphere, excellent music playing whole day/night and of course a good location. If you travel alone, is just easy to get to know the other travellers during some relaxing time at the common room or at the cosy terrace.

• 21st Feb 2014

The staff is extremely kind and helpful. I loved the location of the hostel because it was nearly impossible to not be able to find my way back if I got lost. All I had to do was look for the giant tower :) My only complaint is that it was kind of annoying and gross that we couldn't flush toilet paper. The lid of the trash can in the bathrooms doesn't open very much when using the foot lever. So a few times I had to open the can with my hands. I suggest larger trash cans that open better.

A bit noisy during night time!

Very nice hostel in the best location! The staff was very nice and helpful and we even got a room upgrade for free. We regret to have stayed only one night and will definetly come back on our next Istanbul trip

Excellent and helpful staff. Furkan was great. Incredible location! In a city like this, especially if you like to party, 24 hour reception and free breakfast is key and Rapunzel has it. The rooms are very well sized and make for a comfortable stay. And the view from the roof is amazing! Don't wait til the last night to go up there like we did. Best hostel I've ever stayed in Istanbul, I think (out of 6).

Great location and terrace. Breakfast is good, place is well-run.

The staff were all wonderful!! I loved the location by the Galata Tower. It was much more laid back than Sultanahmet and still an easy walk to Taksim, the Galata Bridge, boats on the Bosporus and trams. The showers are hot. The beds are comfortable and clean and the breakfast is delicious. I loved this hostel.

• 25th Sep 2013

A fantastic hostel. I really enjoyed my stay here for 3 nights. My room was very clean and comfortable with a/c and wifi. Staff were extremely helpful and the free breakfast although simple was very tasty. Location is near the impressive Galata Tower and offers stunning views of Istanbul from the roof terrace. Highly recommended.

we loved to stay at Rapunzel, its a fun staff, the location is superb and even an early-early breakfast was possible! nice rooftop, too.

the experience at Rapunzel was fantastic, the staff in particular where incredibly helpful. the climb to the terrace is amazing for the view and for kicking back after a day out.

• 26th Aug 2013

nice breakfast, relaxed atmosphere, clean room, good location. would stay there again.

• 22nd Aug 2013
  • Turkey

Awesome place! Definitely going back!

Clean, good location, good lockers.staff really willingto give advice on what to do, great place to meet other people,especially at the terrace.

• 16th Aug 2013

one of best hostes i have ever stayed at .the facilities were clean the staff were friendly and lots of help and the location was great.

• 16th Aug 2013

I had a very nice stay here during my time in Istanbul. The staff was really helpfull and friendly. Rapunzel is located in Galata, the popular area near Taksim Square. There was also the nicest roofterrace!!

Awesome location. Close to Beyoglu, but also walkable to the Old Town across the bridge. Staff was awesome and gave me great recommendations for the rest of my trip through Turkey. Pretty quiet though, which can be good or bad depending on what you're looking for.

Great location near Galata tower and view from rooftop terrace. Friendly helpful staff available all the time. Good breakfast, air conditioned rooms and WiFi everywhere. Could do with a bigger kitchen and more power points.

Great location, friendly staff