Rapunzel Reviews

Bereketzade Camii sk. No:3, Galata, Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

Great location, friendly staff

Very nice people, good location in beyoglu and a great roof terrace to chill out and have a beer on. Highly recommend.

• 3rd Aug 2013
  • Antarctica

nice hostel.room and bathroom was clean.private bathroom in dorm.people are very helpful and gave me such good restaurant recommendations.

• 23rd Jul 2013

very nice place, spent there one night,great place for solo travelers, get to know people in seconds. shower was great with lots of hot water.

• 23rd Jul 2013

A great little place centrally located in Istanbul, it's an easy walk to just about anything and the staff couldn't be nicer. They'll help with everything you need. Plus, the rooftop terrace is a huge bonus, and a great place to have a few beers as the sun goes down.

Good hostel overall.

Good location, nice people and very complete breakfast.

Good place tucked behind the Tower. Close to Taksim Square and short walk to the Tram station. The tram will take you directly for Sultanahmet

Staff are great. breakfast is a highlight too.

Great location near Galata tower with restaurants just around the corner. So easy to get to the tourist places in Sultanahmet from here. Free breakfast was great. Staff friendly. Cool roof top terrace to hang out on. Dorms and facilities clean.

The staff and location of the hostel were real standout features. The shared bathroom was a bit musky but all-in-all it was ok as everything worked, including the air-conditioner and the hot water. I arrived the last big night of the protests that were pushed from Taksim to the Galata Bridge and the staff couldn't have been more accommodating and friendly. No issues at all! Oh, and the rooftop deck was quite fantastic. Really a nice place to stay and the other guests were lots of fun!

• 16th Jun 2013

Rapunzel is an amazing place to stay!! This is a fantastic location, with an awesome common room and rooftop patio. It is easy to get anywhere from their location. We were there during the Istanbul riots and they made us feel very safe and at home. They suggested awesome local restaurants and bars - Stay here.

I would have given these GREAT PEOPLE 100% but their cleaning lady did not clean our room every day, that's why a little bit lower score.

I arrived on my own, exhausted, and received a warm welcome and a helping hand. I'm probably older than the average guest here, but I didn't mind sharing a room with 5 others, the bathroom was clean and I had a nice hot shower. In the morning I was greeted my the lovely staff and a colourful display of plates with breakfast. I went to the roof top terrace and enjoyed the lovely view. The location is perfect, the building charming. I will recommend the Rapunzel to my children who are 21 and 19.

• 17th May 2013

We stayed over Pentecost in Istanbul and the Hostel Rapunzel made our stay incredible. The rooftoop, the staff and the area around the Galata Tower are amazing. Loved the great music choice on the rooftoop and the lovely arranged breakfast in the mornings.

Dear Rapunzel, you re great, so friendly staff, nice hostel and good location, loved it!! Andra

The Rapunzel is a great Hostel. It is very close to the Galatower, where a lot of bars abut. The staff was always helpful and very kind. The roof terasse is brialliant, you can watch across the Bosporus with a great view of the historicial area with all the mosques. I would recommend this hostel to a friend!

• 7th May 2013

This hostel is awesome!! The location is so good, very safe (just 1 min literally from Galata Tower), the terrace view is to die for.. & the girl who works there is really sweet !

I liked the hostel, it had a nice rooftop terrace, a small dining room, and a small living room. The staff were nice, and the breakfast (cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, cheese, bread, cookies) was delicious. The location (near Galata tower) was also a big plus.

yea. you guys are doing everything right. I`ve stayed in several hostels in Turkey. Yours gets the best referral. See you again.

• 23rd Apr 2013