Rapunzel Reviews

Bereketzade Camii sk. No:3, Galata, Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

This hostel had a friendly staff and nice common areas although they were very small. Location was good and walking distance to many attractions. My biggest complaint was the cleanliness of our private room. Specifically, the comforter was very old and stained.

• 23rd Mar 2015

Very nice place with excellent location Someone at the front desk 24h, great breakfast and offering transfers from the airport. Great rooftop with amazing view too

Very clean hostel, with friendly staff. The only drawback for me was that you could hear a lot of noise from the street and the hostel staircase in the room.

We absolutely loved our stay at Rapunzel! So much so that we cancelled our stay at another hostel to stay here longer. Located right next to Galata towers, this is a perfect place for those who're travelling to mingle with the young local crowd. Walking distance from Istiklal, its ideal for shopping or a night out. While location is great, we loved it for the personal interest the staff took in giving us recommendations and making our stay comfortable. Not to forget, the terrace is brilliant! :)

The hostel had some of the comfiest beds and a nice shower. The free breakfast in the morning was more than I expected. The roof top terrace provides an amazing view! But the workers were not that helpful in suggesting what to do. It was a great hostel overall but the front desk could have been more helpful.

Excellent price, location is ideal - you can walk to all the major sights but the area isn't overwhelmed with tourists. The hostel staff was friendly and helpful with tips and directions. I would stay here again on future trips!

• 26th Jan 2015

Stayed also at 2 other hostels in the area. Rapunzel has this unique homey atmosphere. Everything you can think of was more than enough, therefore it is quite satisfying. I'll definitely come back here.

• 26th Jan 2015

One of the hostels I've ever stayed. Definitely recommend anyone.

• 26th Jan 2015

Stay at Rapunzel and you'll not regret it:) Best value for money

• Russia

Everything was perfect. Amazing breakfast in the morning, great beds and lockers in the dorm, biggest shower and the most clean bathrooms. Would love to recommend anyone. Ask the staff about the ongoing events, they are full of insider tips.

• Switzerland

Great hostel with nice staff. They have tips for everything and are extremely helpful. Terrace is amazing although it was cold we enjoyed it a lot. Also the location can't be better.

• Spain

Best dormitory I've ever seen. Huge bunk beds, so comfy beds, very solid lockers. Definitely very good "value for money". Also everything in bathroom look like brand new.

• Denmark

Lovely staff, perfect location, great music at the terrace. I enjoyed my time a lot at Rapunzel. I wished I had a longer vacation. I'll come back for sure.

• 24th Jan 2015

Great hostel. I'll recommend everyone. Thank you and see you soon.

• 24th Jan 2015

This was an excellent hostel in all respects!

Thanks to the staff for throwing a nice NYE pre-drinks party. The hostel is in an awesome location, just know that you're going to climb a lot of steps because it is right by the Galata tower. Nice hot showers

Rapunzel is the perfect answer to how to run a small, cute hostel. Nothing is overlooked, nothing is forbidden here. There are very nice details in every little corner. While your stay you'll be discovering it. Best breakfast far away, amazing view from the little terrace, sympathetic and helpful staff, always good music (btw thnx for the playlists) very good location with clean, tidy rooms, bathrooms. Go ahead and make your booking there, you'll not regret it.

• Switzerland

amazing hostel. keep up the good work guys we'll see you soon again

• 6th Dec 2014

My stay was perfect from the first moment I was entered until the last moment. Rapunzel is in Beyoglu district, so for those who wants to enjoy Istanbul's "local" scene, this location can't be better. It is although in Beyoglu but very quite, esp. at nights. During the day the street is little crowded but this is normal in Istanbul :). Staff was amazing, tnx Caterina, Selen, Genta for everything and hope to see you soon again. Last word, it was one of the most clean hostel I've ever stayed.

• 6th Dec 2014

My stay was tainted by a couple of negative experiences. I was asked to change rooms at some point during my stay, which I agreed to, but was told to move one morning as I was leaving and had somewhere to be. Without any time to pack I forgot about my toiletries in the bathroom, which were completely thrown out. I was pretty annoyed and found the guy on duty to be rather unsympathetic, considering I didn't have to agree to move. Also a girl in my room found bed bugs in her bed.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7