Rapunzel Reviews

Bereketzade Camii sk. No:3, Galata, Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

Excellent price, location is ideal - you can walk to all the major sights but the area isn't overwhelmed with tourists. The hostel staff was friendly and helpful with tips and directions. I would stay here again on future trips!

• 26th Jan 2015

Stayed also at 2 other hostels in the area. Rapunzel has this unique homey atmosphere. Everything you can think of was more than enough, therefore it is quite satisfying. I'll definitely come back here.

• 26th Jan 2015

One of the hostels I've ever stayed. Definitely recommend anyone.

• 26th Jan 2015

Stay at Rapunzel and you'll not regret it:) Best value for money

• Russia

Everything was perfect. Amazing breakfast in the morning, great beds and lockers in the dorm, biggest shower and the most clean bathrooms. Would love to recommend anyone. Ask the staff about the ongoing events, they are full of insider tips.

• Switzerland

Great hostel with nice staff. They have tips for everything and are extremely helpful. Terrace is amazing although it was cold we enjoyed it a lot. Also the location can't be better.

• Spain

Best dormitory I've ever seen. Huge bunk beds, so comfy beds, very solid lockers. Definitely very good "value for money". Also everything in bathroom look like brand new.

• Denmark

Lovely staff, perfect location, great music at the terrace. I enjoyed my time a lot at Rapunzel. I wished I had a longer vacation. I'll come back for sure.

• 24th Jan 2015

Great hostel. I'll recommend everyone. Thank you and see you soon.

• 24th Jan 2015

This was an excellent hostel in all respects!

Thanks to the staff for throwing a nice NYE pre-drinks party. The hostel is in an awesome location, just know that you're going to climb a lot of steps because it is right by the Galata tower. Nice hot showers

Rapunzel is the perfect answer to how to run a small, cute hostel. Nothing is overlooked, nothing is forbidden here. There are very nice details in every little corner. While your stay you'll be discovering it. Best breakfast far away, amazing view from the little terrace, sympathetic and helpful staff, always good music (btw thnx for the playlists) very good location with clean, tidy rooms, bathrooms. Go ahead and make your booking there, you'll not regret it.

• Switzerland

amazing hostel. keep up the good work guys we'll see you soon again

• 6th Dec 2014

My stay was perfect from the first moment I was entered until the last moment. Rapunzel is in Beyoglu district, so for those who wants to enjoy Istanbul's "local" scene, this location can't be better. It is although in Beyoglu but very quite, esp. at nights. During the day the street is little crowded but this is normal in Istanbul :). Staff was amazing, tnx Caterina, Selen, Genta for everything and hope to see you soon again. Last word, it was one of the most clean hostel I've ever stayed.

• 6th Dec 2014

My stay was tainted by a couple of negative experiences. I was asked to change rooms at some point during my stay, which I agreed to, but was told to move one morning as I was leaving and had somewhere to be. Without any time to pack I forgot about my toiletries in the bathroom, which were completely thrown out. I was pretty annoyed and found the guy on duty to be rather unsympathetic, considering I didn't have to agree to move. Also a girl in my room found bed bugs in her bed.

Great location. Could walk to all key touristy spots (long walk but easy enough) and great view from the rooftop.

• 3rd Oct 2014
  • India

Good value for your money. The breakfast is pretty gross though - they give you a plate full of the cheapest stuff they can buy from the store around the corner - children's yogurt, stale generic oreo-type cookies, fake nutella that is gross, really cheap cheese, and some fruit and vegetables which may or may not be cleaned that well. You have access to a loaf of cheap bread too but the knife is too dull to cut it... It's Istanbul. Everything is so cheap. They can put out a better breakfast.

Lovely staff, very helpful. Great roof terrace!

• 19th Sep 2014
  • Scotland

To be honest, the Rapunzel Hostel failed to impress me. I liked its small size and homely atmosphere, but I found it all a bit too quiet and lacking a sociable atmosphere. The location near the Galata Tower is very nice, having many boutique shops and bars. Contrarily, the rooms are rather small, have rather unstable bunkbeds and the toilet barely worked. I also had mixed experiences with the staff; whereas some were very friendly and helpful, others just didn't say a word for reasons unknown.

+ Excellent location, helpful staff, nice rooftop-terrace! - Minimalistic furnishing in the room (how about hanging up a nice picture or two?) and average cleanliness - the dustbin in the bathroom, which should be used for used toilet paper, wasn't changed every day.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7