Rastel Hostel Reviews

Vajdahunyad utca 4, Budapest, Hungary

The hostel is centrally located close to metro easily accessible. Nice staff, decent price for stay. Bedroom and bathrooms are really clean and bed comfy.

• 27th Jul 2014
  • Norway

This was a really nice hostel!

• 27th Jul 2014
  • Slovakia

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hostel is very close to metro station and has a good location. Using the metro is super easy and takes you everywhere you need to go.

• 25th Jul 2014
  • Lithuania

Staff is great, pretty chilled dudes. They even clean my clothes which was really helpful!

As my first hostel experience it was fantastic. Since staying here I have been to a few places and I think this hostel is really great. Staff very helpful and very clean rooms.

• 24th Jul 2014
  • Turkey

I had a fantastic stay at Rastel, the Staff are fantastic and very helpful, clean and tidy.

• 24th Jul 2014
  • Finland

91%? It was a twenty five minute walk from the city centre, the kitchen had no glasses and looked like it was cleaned on a whim, with two of the three small fridges not closing properly. The staff member who admitted us gave us the wrote key code to get back into the hostel and he overbooked the room. I had a girl arrive at 4 a.m. complaining that I took her bed, even though the receptionist said that was my bed. Half the footlockers had broken locks. No computers.

Cool place, great location, and they have everything one could ask from a hostel..

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • Bulgaria

Clean rooms and knowledgeable staff. It's a bit of a walk from the city center but it's in a nice area and there's plenty of public transport. I would definitely stay again.

• 20th Jul 2014
  • Estonia

Great location. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful.

• 20th Jul 2014
  • Czech Republic

Great vibes and friendly staff! Will definitely be back. Absolutely incredible!

• 18th Jul 2014
  • Czech Republic

It was clean and made for a comfortable stay in Budapest. The location was easy to find and staff was very nice and helpful. Very friendly! they know what they are doing.

• 18th Jul 2014
  • Czech Republic

This was our second time staying at Rastel and it was as good as we remembered it! Very friendly staff, really good location and cozy common areas.

The staff was nice and friendly. They just weren't there that often. Hard to find them when you needed them. There was no soap in the toilets, the fridge contained some homemade salad which was definitely too old because it stood there for our entire stay. This indicates that they don't clean it too often. They allowed smoking in the common area and the hall that we had to pass through every day. Other than that it was a hostel with the needed facilities and a cozy common area / outdoor bar.

I found some hair in my bed which means the sheets weren't changed. The kitchen had terrible facilities, the fridges are full and their doors don't close properly. It's quite difficult to find the staff and the night guy didn't know if they had a room available for one more night because he didn't have a computer. They have a nice area outside but the bar is often closed.

Very friendly staff, excellent location makes it easy to walk to most attraction, cool atmosphere. This was my first hostel experience and I felt incredibly welcome from the moment I stepped in the door. Great value for money. Will totally recommend and book again as soon as I go back to Budapest.

• Austria

Well arranged place with efficient staffs. Very friendly! they know what they are doing. The room was nice and spacious. Overall a fun stay there.

• Norway

Spotless, great location, awesome room! Have already recommended this hostel to others, and will definitely stay again.

• 8th Jul 2014

Bar never seemed to be open, staff really knew their stuff and told us exactly what was what in the city. Down a creepy back alley though.

Really great stay. Great facilities. They have trunks in the rooms so you can keep all your stuff locked in there. Staff were so helpful, and chilled out. Great security-felt very safe. And brilliant that they have a kitchen-super easy. Thanks so much!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4