Rayuela Hostel Boutique Reviews

887 Belgrano Ave. 1�, Buenos Aires, Argentina

There are only two bathrooms which can be a bit of a hassle. Atmosphere is great; really enjoyed the dorm rooms. Dorms were pretty messy though. Lots of trash as the staff didn't seem to know if the trash belonged to previous occupants or current occupants, so the trash would pile up.

Amable staff muchas gracias para ser ten bueno conmingo

The hostel is very nicely decorated with a very good athmosphere. In total I stayed 12 days in the dorms and had a great time. Beds were fine, living room was good as well. Two things will need to be taken care off, the bathrooms are clearly without maintenance for some time. Pulling a wire in the wall to flush shouldnt be necessary. Security needs to be upgraded as well, in my time there we had an intrusion of hostile persons. If this is fixed it is by far the best hostel I stayed in so far!

Our stay at Rayuela was wonderful... If we could have we would have stayed longer! They serve a well rounded breakfast in the morning and one night Christian (owner/manager?) made an authentic Argentinian meal for us (we split grocery costs with the other guests who participated.)There were only two bathrooms and the shower and toilet were together which could be the only inconvenience we suffered. The best part is you were given a key for your door AND the outside door, super nice!

• 12th Jul 2014

By far the best hostel I've ever stayed at! Everyone is so friendly, welcoming, warm, helpful, and respectful. If Christian offers to cook dinner one night, make sure to stay and have his food, it'll be an amazing meal and you won't have to spend nearly as much money as you would going out to eat. Everyone is helpful if anyone needs anything, and it feels very much like a family from the moment you enter. I will definitely be visiting in the future!

• 8th Jul 2014
  • Iran

Very nice Staff and familiar atmosphere. Good location close to the underground station and the city centre.

Some of the most tremendously friendly staff out from any hostel I've ever been to. I was thoroughly impressed with how professional and knowledgable they were. Helpful to say the very least. Cooked us home made empanadas (we paid FYI) that we're delicious. Location great for tourism, not great for Palermo neighborhood. Only awkward part of stay was how damn shaky and unstable the beds were in the dorm rooms - scared I was going to break bed.

Ahh dem gratis croissants, every morning, this boi could not get enough of them, laced with the finest lemon basting known to all beasts, there was no better way to start the day. The hostel is run by helpful and kind people and sleeping was easy. This ain't no dreaded filthy party hostel, this be for the people who want to see more of Buenos Aires than the bottom of a beer bottle.

A place to meet people, not the place if you want to be alone. Very nice mix of nationalities, interesting plurality. If you accept to not be able to sleep undisturbed through the night you will be fine. Breakfast simple but ok, staff very helpful and positive, shared facilities ok if you adjust and accept waiting a little at times.

good location, close to metro station, bus stop and main square. owner is nice who made food for us sometimes. cleaniess is ok. owner is helpful on answering questions, but there is one thing that i would sugget the owner seriously to consider which is a necessary quiet time in the evening. i could not sleep well for any night during the stay, as there were always people speak loudly, or playing music loudly in late evening or early night. the owner sometimes part of them.

So many hostels can have a factory kind of feeling with hordes of travellers shipping in and out but at Rayuela it feels more like a home. You can tell that the owner Christian designed this place as a labour of love with cozy beds, friendly staff and regular dinners shared with the Rayuela crew and other travellers. During my three week stay my plans kept shifting and changing and Christian was really helpful and understanding. This place made my stay Buenos Aires!

Very well located at just 10 minutes walking from the heart of Buenos Aires and with a sympathetic and neighborly staff (Thanks to Laura, Andrea, Lo An, Christian, Camila, Michael and Douglas) combining in a familiar atmosphere!!

The atmotspere and the staff is extremly friendly and nice! I love how they try to get the guests from the hostel together, preparing food and going out together! If you are searching for a perfect stay in Bienos Aires - come to rayuela hostel!

This was one of the friendliest hostels I have stayed in. The staff are terrific and the owner cooked dinner for us and made an effort to know everyone. I would definitely recommend this hostel, particularly if you are travelling alone.

Great breakfast,staff very nice,great location. I will stay here again if I visit Buenos Aires again

This was my first hostel stay, and I was a little surprised. Rayuela Hostel is a really cool place! The people there were all super friendly, welcoming, and ready to include all new comers. We stayed in the big room, so I wasnt surpised by the fact that there was snoring every single night, but I was surprised by how loud some people snore haha. It's pretty clean and it's pretty well located within a few blocks of different modes of transportation.

• 22nd May 2014

This hostel is ceirtaiy one of the best I've stayed in. The staff are amazing and create an atmosphere that is very fun for both the relaxed people and the ones who like to party. I plan on coming back and would highly recomend it to others.

Amasing workers, atmosphere and good central location but it is not very clean.

We had stayed at the suite room with its own bathroom. It was clean and had a one 2-person bed and 2 bunk beds. The major disadvantage is that all rooms are in one hall along the area where everyone hangs out at night and sometimes until the morning. Therefore, you can hear everything because people are hanging out about 3-10 feet away from your door. The doors also have windows so light may bother you at night as well. If you need good sleep, this may not be the right choice for you.

I had a lovely stay in Rayuela hostel. The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful and really go out of their way to make you feel welcome and comfortable.

• 12th Apr 2014