Rayuela Hostel Boutique Reviews

887 Belgrano Ave. 1�, Buenos Aires, Argentina

The front desk staff was fantastic! Very helpful and friendly. The cleaning and maintenance crew left something to be desired. The security would have gotten an excellent rating had I been able to lock the bathroom door! This made it very awkward when using the toilet or showering. Also, the shower sucked!! Water drizzled out and was luke warm. And the maid was obsessed with moving my bag. When I put it on the table, leave it alone! Stop moving my stuff. She did this every single day.

Nice place and people!

Great little hostel, about 15 max, located 2 mins walk from a metro station and convenience store great location in safer part of the city. It has a great chatty atmosphere cos of the layout and capacity, and would be perfect for solo traveller's. The bathrooms could use updating, as can kitchen utensils. The wifi kept dropping, but this was more due to overuse.The staff were phenomenal- informative, friendly and very laid back. Overall, it was one of the best hostel experiences I've had.

The location was great as it was very close to a metro station as well as the usual things you would need (shops/restaurants/etc). I didn't find it was family run as advertised but it looked like it was two long term backpackers that were staff. They were very helpful in providing information about things to do/places to go. The washrooms could use a good clean and it didn't look like they were cleaned at all during my stay. Another plus in my books is that it wasn't very large which is nice

Unforgetable experience, very very nice and professional staff, we and my girlfriend were very happy to have choosen rayuela hostel. Next time in buenos aires we.ll repeat with them 100%.

Thank you! Hope to see you again. You are great people!

My stay at Rayuela was really great. The staff welcomed me warmly and helped me with anything that I needed during my stay. The location is excellent, only ten minutes walk to the city center and a lot of bars and restaurants in San Telmo. The hostel was tidy and clean and the dormitories are really nice. One evening the proprietor cooked for all of us, which he seems to do regularly and it was great fun. Absolutely recommendable!

Small hostel with a great atmosphere and friendly staff. A really good choice if you are looking to get to know the city away from the tourist trap party scene.

• 18th Aug 2015

The staff was very friendly and warm. Also it's just a few blocks from Plaza del Mayo and a subway stations.

The breakfast was poor, and if you wake up later than the other guests, you may end up with almost nothing to eat. The bathrooms are dirty, and I'm pretty sure they are not cleaned at all. The room was ok and the location was very good, near a subway station, but I wouldn't stay there again.

Hi Lurian! We're realy sorry you didn't have a good experience. I'm surprised about what you say about our bkft. Coffee te milk choco, juice; cereals, bread, homemade croissants. I wouldn't say that's a poor brfast for a hostel. Regarding bath cleaning we clean them around 10 times per day. Perhaps in high season when people have a shower you can find the floor wet, till the next time we clean it... as a family house we care a lot about those details.

Nice hostel, i'll definitely come back.

The location and facilities were excellent except for the bathrooms - too few. Also, the German receptionist was really nice. The hostel totally lacked the atmosphere that comes from having a lot of travellers gathered, though, and it felt more like being in someone's home because of the fact that three out of four rooms were occupied by one family with members of all ages. That was quite a shame.

I had such a wonderful time in this homy hostel, I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a friendly and comfy place in the heart of the famous bohemian quarter of San Telmo. The owners are absolute lovely people always ready to help you put or cook you something delicious!! This was definitely the perfect place to make new friends and have a typical Argentine experience! I already miss them all!!! I'll be back ;) Beso grande a todos!

The location of the Hostel in Buenos Aires is great, next to a metro-station and the City-center is within walking distance. Lovely staff who were really friendly and helpful. The atmosphere was good and they have a nice common area as well as a good kitchen and good breakfast. All in all I really enjoyed my stay in Buenos Aires and the Rayuela-hostel.

This warm, friendly hostel is very well-located, close to basicly everything, and I felt safe and very much at home there. The staff is very nice, a crew of international girls; a young yet relaxed atmosphere. The kitchen provides a big fridge and lockers, that can be used by everyone. We cooked and ate together often. The value for money is 100% ok.

View all Buenos Aires Hostels