Rayuela Hostel Boutique Reviews

887 Belgrano Ave. 1�, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Nice medium sized hostel in a good location. Staff are all very friendly and facilities are good. Normal South American breakfast included with toast, coffee juices etc. There is a sweet buffet style takeaway lunch shop very close - it's called O-live and highly recommend this too. Lots of outdoor spaces.

Generally good hostel. Nothing special, breakfast is alright. Staff speak really good English and the dorm we stayed in was spacious.

Lovely breakfast and lovely helpful staff. Bathrooms were very dirty and only two for the whole hostel. Lack of sitting space to chat with others in the hostel. Wifi a bit hit and miss at times. Great location and just around from supermarket bank and metro.

A home away from home! I stayed here a week and loved the family feel of this hostel. The staff was very helpful and genuinely enjoyed interacting with the guests. Hostel cooking nights put on by the staff were a great way to meet other travelers. Communal kitchen is a bonus! Location is great, in San Telmo and walking distance to plenty of sights as well as bus/metro stations. Would definitely recommend.

Friendly and civilised with fantastic staff, facilities and location - Good: Clean and tidy, friendly and attentive staff, aircon in dorms, nice layout with central patio and common room, good kitchen, lots of organised fun and group cooking, location is fairly central - Suggestions: Fix the wifi (it's spotty), install brighter light bulbs in the dorms and bathrooms, get a printer (? handy for bus tickets etc), leave a mop in the bathroom (becomes a swimming pool), get the organ fixed :-)

They make you feel real welcome from when you first check in. If you ask for tips, they are very helpful. Once a week they do Asado night; a good way to meet everyone else. Though this place is small enough that everyone interacts. I happened to be there when it was mostly solo travelers so we all bonded like family. Including the staff! I extended my stay several times because I didn't want to leave :)

The place wasn't bad. Location was fine and security was top notch but this is definitely the type of hostel for quiet, early rising travelers. It's very small and makes you feel as if you're staying in someone's home (the staff's home). So it's a bit awkward if you're being loud or up late and drinking at night. But it was clean (except for the bathrooms) and they sell beer! Good price too but cash only

Spacious double room, good location, breakfast could be improved, good for stay in BA

I recommend Rayuela to anyone. The location is excellent and makes it easy to walk pretty much anywhere. But more than that, I felt very much at home there. It's a home away from home, if you want to say so. The facilitys are good (big rooms in a small hostel - you get to know everyone quite fast) and the staff is just awesome. They did everything & more for us to feel at home there and were always very helpful with tipps. & Asados were awesome I had a great time there, and I'll be back. THX

My experience was very good . I had good time 😊 the stuff are friendly and the hostell is clean .

This is home away from home! The atmosphere in the hostel is very nice, chilled out and relaxed. It is a small hostel and you quickly get to know everyone including the owner, Chris, who is there quite often. The facilities like bathroom and kitchen (utensils) could be bit cleaner, the dorm is fine though. It's a great location for strolls to the port or St. Telmo. There are two subway stations right in front of the door and multiple supermarkets. I can absolutely recommend this place!!

Mi estancia estos días ha sido fabulosa. Un hostel muy bien situado con parada de metro cerquisima. El ambiente muy familiar y acogedor. Todo bastante limpio y los dueños son geniales y os harán la estancia muy facil.Recomendado 100%.

• 31st Dec 2015
  • Spain

อยู่โฮสเทลนี้เหมือนอยู่บ้านเพื่อน สบายๆ โลเคชั่นก็ดีมาก

Great hostel, mostly clean and staff are fantastic - no complaints.

• 26th Dec 2015

Very friendly place, close to two metro stops, easy walk to Parliament house, Kirchner Cultural Center, and other historic streets. I appreciated staff being up to see me off with my taxi to airport....at 5am early morning!

Rayuela hostel is good value for money and situated in a great location in Buenos Aires. The staff are fantastic, helpful, fun and understanding! I would recommend this to anyone and I would come back here myself for next time.

I had 3 weeks here as I was doing Spanish school nearby, the hostel has a really nice family feel to it and the staff were amazing they couldn't be friendly, after a day out it was more like coming home than coming back to a hostel. Location is really good walking distance to all the attractions and San telmos nightlife. If you want a party hostel this probably isn't the place for you, but if you want a relaxed place to stay this is it (but there is still the option to party nearby)

• 6th Nov 2015

The front desk staff was fantastic! Very helpful and friendly. The cleaning and maintenance crew left something to be desired. The security would have gotten an excellent rating had I been able to lock the bathroom door! This made it very awkward when using the toilet or showering. Also, the shower sucked!! Water drizzled out and was luke warm. And the maid was obsessed with moving my bag. When I put it on the table, leave it alone! Stop moving my stuff. She did this every single day.

One of the best hostels we stayed at, excellent all round. Only fault would be that toilets could have used more of a cleaning but everything else-location, staff, atmosphere was great. Every night there would be a group of travellers drinking and talking and playing music into the night (in the living room, away from the rooms). We extended our 3 nights to 8.

Nice place and people!