Rayuela Hostel Boutique Reviews

887 Belgrano Ave. 1�, Buenos Aires, Argentina

The location and facilities were excellent except for the bathrooms - too few. Also, the German receptionist was really nice. The hostel totally lacked the atmosphere that comes from having a lot of travellers gathered, though, and it felt more like being in someone's home because of the fact that three out of four rooms were occupied by one family with members of all ages. That was quite a shame.

I had such a wonderful time in this homy hostel, I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a friendly and comfy place in the heart of the famous bohemian quarter of San Telmo. The owners are absolute lovely people always ready to help you put or cook you something delicious!! This was definitely the perfect place to make new friends and have a typical Argentine experience! I already miss them all!!! I'll be back ;) Beso grande a todos!

The location of the Hostel in Buenos Aires is great, next to a metro-station and the City-center is within walking distance. Lovely staff who were really friendly and helpful. The atmosphere was good and they have a nice common area as well as a good kitchen and good breakfast. All in all I really enjoyed my stay in Buenos Aires and the Rayuela-hostel.

This warm, friendly hostel is very well-located, close to basicly everything, and I felt safe and very much at home there. The staff is very nice, a crew of international girls; a young yet relaxed atmosphere. The kitchen provides a big fridge and lockers, that can be used by everyone. We cooked and ate together often. The value for money is 100% ok.

Rayuela was great, the staff was very kind and helpful. It´s not a party hostel, but a one where you can rest peacefuly. Is in the center of the city, near most of the touristic places of BsAs and have all the facilties needed, like supermarket, colectivos (buses) and subtes (subways) stops, restaurants, and even discos at a range of two blocks. What my sister and I liked the most is that they were working everyday in improving the place. They even upgraded us to a better room for no extra charg

It's a very basic hostel, has everything you need and that's it. It's very relaxed and laid back. The staff is great. The WiFi works well in the dorm rooms but not really anywhere else (strange). The bathroom/shower floors could use a deep scrub & be cleaned more often. Breakfast is bread and cereal, no juice. Love that the AC can be used any time you are in the room. That was a huge plus. The lockers are also great and dorms are spacious.

It's a small hostel with nice rooms. They have a nice breakfast and the location of the hostel is good. The staff is friendly, especially noeli. Because there are not so many rooms it's not so easy to meet other travellers and the bathroom could have a little more light.

Great Hostel! The staff is very kind and helpful. They made us feel us home with friends. Location is excellent, it's near most of the historical places in the city. I'll definitely be back! Thank you guys!

• 12th Feb 2015
  • Argentina

This hostel has great potential. Breakfast was average, not always on time depending on who was working that morning. Owner cooked one night which was great! Didn't see the bathrooms get cleaned for my entire stay but luckily only few guests at the time!

It was an excellent experience! The staff was in every detail, and did a wonderfull experience for every guest! I'll recommend visit Rayuela!

• 10th Feb 2015
  • Argentina

Can't really fault this hostel, stayed here for 8 nights and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Staff were pleasant & helpful and the bbq night in particular was a highlight. 1 slight drawback: the hostel can only cater for about 20-25 people, and during the early part of my stay there was a good group around but it became quiet during my final few nights. Obviously this is no fault of the hostel but for lone travellers this is perhaps not the best place to meet people. However still a great hostel

The owner is really great. He cooked for us one night and it was delicious and very cheap. However, that's where all the goodness ends. The showers are disgusting. I've never seen anyone clean anything the 4 days I stayed there. I started to get allergic reaction from the bathroom that's closer to the kitchen so I had to move out before my full 8 days. The rest of the staff just invite their friends and hangout in the common area, taking up all the space, speaking and laughing very loudly.

Hello! It's the owner. I'm really sad about your regular xp at Rayuela. Anyway I have to comment a couple of things: We clean the bathrooms more or less 10 times a day. What happen in a hostel is that common baths are used constantly and perhaps some minutes it can be wet. Never could generate an "allergic reaction". Regarding your perspective about friends of the staff that is absolutely untrue. There were guests of the second floor. We are uncapable of that kind of behavior.

Nice family atmosphere but except of that not really good.

• 20th Jan 2015