Rayuela Hostel Boutique Reviews

887 Belgrano Ave. 1�, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Everything was very nice, and the staff was awesome, specially a Colombian girl that unfortunately I forgot her name now. A very nice hostel!

• 14th Sep 2014

Everything was awesome ,only good things to say about the hostel.

• 27th Aug 2014
  • Argentina

This is probably one of the best hostels I've had the pleasure of staying in. I've traveled for six months - and you know when you've found an anonymous, sterile box to store your things for two days versus a place that is reflective of the local culture

Amazing Hostel! the people who work there make it feel like your staying with family. Sam, Andrea, Henry, Sarah and Leo made our stay in Buenos Aires one of the highlights if our trip. We wished we had booked more time here now!

That was my 4th stay at Rayuela and I would not change hostel for anything! Don't you miss home sometimes on the road? Well good news! You'll find that homey feeling in Rayuela, thanks to the warmth and generosity of its owner, and everything you need to know to spend a perfect time in BA thanks to the excellent staff! Lots of good food, good wine, good laughs and good music are awaiting you :-) Enjoy your stay!!!

It is just like a family. Every one is a member of the big family

there was an unfortunate incident at the hostel that tarnished my experience here. the hostel seemed to attract a really nice group of people that made the overall experience good. the bathrooms need to be refurbished; the provision of breakfast was a bit hit and miss depending on which day you had it. rooms were spacious and lockers big. had a meal made by the hostel where costs were split; was a nice touch. sarah and henry were really helpful and nice throughout. wasnt keen on the owner

Although they say they have 24 hour reception service, no one present in at 7 in the morning, random guest opened door.Two pillows were average, the other resembled a burlap sack filled with packing peanuts.There were only two bathrooms for over 20 users, toilet area and shower area were connected, only 1 person at a time could use the bathroom. Any time someone showered, the entire bathroom floor was flooded for the remainder of the day. Didn´t accept credit card. Out of coffee at breakfast.

• 16th Jul 2014

Dear guest, we are sad you didn't have a good experience. Sorry about the pillows, we could have change them if you had told us. Most of our pillows are new. We are sorry you didn't saw the signs in the reception and in the room that said that if you need a person between 1 am and 8 am you have to press 32 in the phone. We do have people there all night. I dont know if you confuse the hostel but we have 3 bathrooms for 4 rooms, cause we have suites. Thanks for your comment.

There are only two bathrooms which can be a bit of a hassle. Atmosphere is great; really enjoyed the dorm rooms. Dorms were pretty messy though. Lots of trash as the staff didn't seem to know if the trash belonged to previous occupants or current occupants, so the trash would pile up.

Amable staff muchas gracias para ser ten bueno conmingo

The hostel is very nicely decorated with a very good athmosphere. In total I stayed 12 days in the dorms and had a great time. Beds were fine, living room was good as well. Two things will need to be taken care off, the bathrooms are clearly without maintenance for some time. Pulling a wire in the wall to flush shouldnt be necessary. Security needs to be upgraded as well, in my time there we had an intrusion of hostile persons. If this is fixed it is by far the best hostel I stayed in so far!

Our stay at Rayuela was wonderful... If we could have we would have stayed longer! They serve a well rounded breakfast in the morning and one night Christian (owner/manager?) made an authentic Argentinian meal for us (we split grocery costs with the other guests who participated.)There were only two bathrooms and the shower and toilet were together which could be the only inconvenience we suffered. The best part is you were given a key for your door AND the outside door, super nice!

• 12th Jul 2014

By far the best hostel I've ever stayed at! Everyone is so friendly, welcoming, warm, helpful, and respectful. If Christian offers to cook dinner one night, make sure to stay and have his food, it'll be an amazing meal and you won't have to spend nearly as much money as you would going out to eat. Everyone is helpful if anyone needs anything, and it feels very much like a family from the moment you enter. I will definitely be visiting in the future!

• 8th Jul 2014
  • Iran

Very nice Staff and familiar atmosphere. Good location close to the underground station and the city centre.

Some of the most tremendously friendly staff out from any hostel I've ever been to. I was thoroughly impressed with how professional and knowledgable they were. Helpful to say the very least. Cooked us home made empanadas (we paid FYI) that we're delicious. Location great for tourism, not great for Palermo neighborhood. Only awkward part of stay was how damn shaky and unstable the beds were in the dorm rooms - scared I was going to break bed.

Ahh dem gratis croissants, every morning, this boi could not get enough of them, laced with the finest lemon basting known to all beasts, there was no better way to start the day. The hostel is run by helpful and kind people and sleeping was easy. This ain't no dreaded filthy party hostel, this be for the people who want to see more of Buenos Aires than the bottom of a beer bottle.

A place to meet people, not the place if you want to be alone. Very nice mix of nationalities, interesting plurality. If you accept to not be able to sleep undisturbed through the night you will be fine. Breakfast simple but ok, staff very helpful and positive, shared facilities ok if you adjust and accept waiting a little at times.

good location, close to metro station, bus stop and main square. owner is nice who made food for us sometimes. cleaniess is ok. owner is helpful on answering questions, but there is one thing that i would sugget the owner seriously to consider which is a necessary quiet time in the evening. i could not sleep well for any night during the stay, as there were always people speak loudly, or playing music loudly in late evening or early night. the owner sometimes part of them.

So many hostels can have a factory kind of feeling with hordes of travellers shipping in and out but at Rayuela it feels more like a home. You can tell that the owner Christian designed this place as a labour of love with cozy beds, friendly staff and regular dinners shared with the Rayuela crew and other travellers. During my three week stay my plans kept shifting and changing and Christian was really helpful and understanding. This place made my stay Buenos Aires!

Very well located at just 10 minutes walking from the heart of Buenos Aires and with a sympathetic and neighborly staff (Thanks to Laura, Andrea, Lo An, Christian, Camila, Michael and Douglas) combining in a familiar atmosphere!!

View all Buenos Aires Hostels