Red Bus Hostel Reviews

14 Semmelweis Utca, 5th district, 1052 Budapest, Budapest, Hungary

When we arrived the guy at the reception had no really clue which room we booked so he just gave us one, which we had to change the following day. Instead of a booked double bed we had just one bed and a quite uncomfortable sleepingchair. When we asked him aboud the wifi code he told us the internet would be defekt. Instead of a small discount when we wanted to pay they couldn't tell us how much we had to pay. But the staff was despited they had no plan really nice.

Good kitchen and good location

Terrible customer service. The wifi was down for over a day, and they refused to give me a discount, even when I said I needed wifi to book a flight for the next day. Manager's reason was that she "tried really hard to fix it" even though she admitted she knew nothing about the Internet and did not want to spend the money to hire someone to fix it. Card machine was down, so said I had to pay in cash. Did not provide towels or even a blanket. On a sketchy street. Most employees speak no English.

• 17th Aug 2014

We done everything we could for you and you exactly know that as well as we do. Yes the wifi wasn't working that' s the only correct information out of what you shared. I told you that day was Bank Holiday instead of not wanting to spend money on repair.You had our OWN personal smart phone to book your ticket, dont you remember?And I must say that you gave a discount for yourself and pay less than your bill and we let you get away with it. If you call that a terr. service than I am proud of it!!

That wifi being turned off and not working was not appreciated. It would be much better if residents had a key to the hallway in order to get to their rooms rather than having to get a staff member to do it anytime they came home. The way payment was handled was unorganized, I believe I was charged more than I should have been. Also issues such as the light in the women's shower not consistently working was annoying.

Thank you so much for your useful words. Two things I would like to attach: 1, Inspite of all the negativ points you still extended your stay by one night:))! 2, It would be honoured lady if you would throuh words such as you " BELIEVE YOU WERE CHARGED MORE " ...! Since you and me calculated 2gether and I do can ad some numbers, thank you!!!

We had a great time at the hostel! The hosts we're really hospitable and we got to stay in a private twin room instead of the shared twin room we had paid for, for the same price. I definitely recommend it! Great location, great service!

• 9th Aug 2014
  • Romania

It was the WORST hostel experience of my life. I've never met someone so aggressive and rude as the receptionist, an older woman who discriminated us for being from different races and countries, she insulted us and shouted at us, we discussed with her many time To say she broke a window by nearly whipping is more than enough, she almost hurted one of my colleagues.

Oh dear!It's very unlucky for that lady to run a hostel and being racist at the same time,dont you think young man?And when did she heart your colleagues almost?Must have been early morning when she brought them equipments from the closed kitchen to cure their burning stomach a little from all night drinking?I forgot, you can't know that cause you're carried home at 11pm totally mashed of your face unable to walk??By the way,You stayed for 36 hours,polish your maths a bit:),no hard feelings!!