Red Carabao Community Reviews

2819 Felix Huertas Street, Santa Cruz, Manila, Philippines

Manilla, Manilla! Irish and Weroh, we’re going to miss you and cheese sticks so much!!! Thank you for letting us join you you to Padis Point on our first night and then to House of the Red Couch on last night in Philippines! Ps: sorry to Richard the English guy for the hangover and to the Japanese for the early morning alarm! And screw the old boring Polish couple for not joining us! We promise to be back next year!

• 9th Dec 2014

Helpful staff and happy to be with them in this 2 weeks. It is nice to go to the rooftop and enjoy the view and have a cig~

• 27th Nov 2014
  • Hong Kong

Red Carabao is a big family, it’s feel like home, really have fun here. Will be back in the future! www.changyungta.com

• 26th Nov 2014
  • Taiwan

This hostel is very inspiring for your creativity. Many creaters and artists are staying at this hostel. The space and the surrounding environment are also stimulating. You can visit to the local market easily and you can see comprehensively the chaotic metro manila from this location. I hope that you would touch a part of real manila through the staying.

• 23rd Nov 2014
  • Japan

Love this place, by far the best hostel ever. Had the best experience's here and learnt so, so much, massive thanks to Aldrich and Helena. Just have to stay longer next time so that I don't miss Nude Tuesdays on the roof again (I hear its really good!). Can't wait to be back.

Staff friendly and helpful, very aid back, lots of good advice about how to spend your time in Manila and the Philippines

A week before arrival I received by email very detailed and much needed instructions how to get to the hostel from the airport. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I highly recommend this hostel. Will definitely stay here again.

Don't rely on written reviews about this hostel. Seems it's nice place and it is NOT. Location is terrible, not just because of the building roads. Nothing is close, and nothing interesting to see around. If you want to experience a poor Manila town, is your choice. Is not a clean place. They ask you to take short showers to care about environment, but reality is because there is only one shower for all and is clogged!They charge your card for deposit, but they will never discount that money

Great hostel! Good facilities and the staff are really helpful; they gave great recommendations for the rest of my travels in the Philippines. Great social scene and easy to meet people. Took me to a great party on my first night and then had an awesome BBQ the following day. Aldridge and Helena are legends!

Had a great time staying at the Red Carabao. The staff are great, even when we arrived unexpected at 4am. Hosel is really clean with great facilities and roof top area. They were very helpful with loads of tips on what to do and see around Manila, getting to the airport and brought us all out to a great CS Halloween party. So much fun at the Red Carabao. We were just sad we had to miss the next days celebrations.

• 31st Oct 2014

Like hanging out in an uberawesome flat share! Just cleaner.

• 28th Oct 2014

I was basically a resident of Red Carabao for nearly two months! And i wish to go back there to work as a personal pedicab driver for the hostel. The owner is a young and funny but strict ex-army lieutenant. He will show you where and what's best happening in Metro Manila. He could draw you a map on the spot and make sure that you will get to your desired destination! F Amazing! There's a German maid there too that everyone in this world would have like to meet! She's awesome! Find her!

This is the only hostel I've stayed in that feels like home. Others have come close, but Red Carabao puts in the extra effort to make you feel a part of their family of travelers. Their staff mingles right in with the residents, sharing meals (even sometimes cooking), going out bar hopping, escorting you to all the local events around town, treating you to the exotic foods of the Philippines. And the neighborhood is a great glimpse into authentic Manila life.

• 22nd Oct 2014

I can not rave about this place more! It's a great place with an unparalleled atmosphere. I will most definitely recommend this to anyone passing through. The staff are awesome and I will be sure to visit again.

Amazing People and heaps fun! Looking forward to coming back some time.

• 7th Oct 2014

Amazingly hospitable and a perfect backapers' headquarters. Can serve as a base for your journey in the Phillipines if you are looking for company. Feels like you're staying at a friend's place.

• 2nd Oct 2014
  • Israel

I was a little surprised with the location of this place, it's more a family home then a hostel and these were my first impressions. This was a bit of a surprise to me having been travelling through SE Asia for 4 months and having stayed dozens of hostels, some run better than expensive hotels and others not so. This place had a feeling like I was staying with a family and this had a positive effect. Everyone staying here got on and we all went out together loved it! Aldrich Rocks, what a dude.

• 25th Sep 2014

Nice stay learned a lot, very helpful staff about everything. Would come back anytime I'm back in manila!

one of the best place I stayed ! the staff is great and will do the best to make your stay perfect! they also know a lot of stuff about manilla and Philippines in general witch was great because I didn't know what to do and they help me to plans my trip !

We heard about the Red Carabao Community from a friend so were curious about it. We were so many Germans the first day there was a "German night" organized by the staff and we had a delicious dinner we prepared together. It was very nice, we got to know each other and talked a lot. The hostel is close to the Chinese cemetery and we did some sightseeing and a tour there. As well, busterminal going to North Luzon is close. The atmosphere is very cosy and welcoming,staff as well super friendly !!

• 15th Sep 2014