Red Carabao Community Reviews

2819 Felix Huertas Street, Santa Cruz, Manila, Philippines

Awesome time here, location may seem strange at first but it actually really cool! The staff was helpful and fun, I will definitely come back here next time I'm in Manilla!

The Red Carabao is simply the best hostel in Metro Manila - awesome atmosphere, excellent host, great place, and close to the travellers' spots in the city.

• 10th Jan 2015
  • Philippines

I like the hostel in general and the staff is very helpful. I will go back again and recommend it to others.

Red Carabao is like my second home! A place full of fun and laughter. Aldrich and Helena knows how you can enjoy your stay in Manila! I would definitely say that its more fun at Red Carabao! 😘😘😘😘😘

When will you move in so everyone can meet you? You know the Philippines like the back of your hand and people would kill to know your travel secrets!

Warning! This place makes it clear that they don’t want people who don’t wish to “put out positive vibes” and experience urban life spoiling the barrel. Can anyone blame them? After all, what type of person would book a place called “Community” without any desire of joining one? It’s like a Republican crashing a hippie commune :) I get their goal and admire them for trying. Manila is a harsh environment for the untrained traveler and can cause breakdowns and self-loathing on severe levels.

has a good atmosphere of and for creativity, flexibility and fun... it's a good starting point for your pinoy adventure :-)

• 19th Dec 2014
  • Philippines

While it's a bit of a hike to get to in the Manila traffic, the Red Carabao is a great hostel. You get to see Old Manila and very unique parts of the city. The staff are passionate & very helpful to make your experience in the Philippines (not just Manila) memorable. And the hostel itself is clean & safe.

• 10th Dec 2014
  • India

World-famous Banaue Rice Terraces is a bit of a literal hike to get to, yet everyone says it’s abso-freaking-lutely worth it. To anyone used to long-distance travel, going about the Philippines is a cakewalk, and we help all our guests plan a memorable trip in Manila and beyond. Our pleasure hosting you between your nights at the Shang-ri La and Mandarin Oriental!

Manilla, Manilla! Irish and Weroh, we’re going to miss you and cheese sticks so much!!! Thank you for letting us join you you to Padis Point on our first night and then to House of the Red Couch on last night in Philippines! Ps: sorry to Richard the English guy for the hangover and to the Japanese for the early morning alarm! And screw the old boring Polish couple for not joining us! We promise to be back next year!

• 9th Dec 2014

red carabao manila is not a transient roof, it is a home. warmth in its most genuine form.

Helpful staff and happy to be with them in this 2 weeks. It is nice to go to the rooftop and enjoy the view and have a cig~

• 27th Nov 2014
  • Hong Kong

Red Carabao is a big family, it’s feel like home, really have fun here. Will be back in the future! www.changyungta.com

• 26th Nov 2014
  • Taiwan

This hostel is very inspiring for your creativity. Many creaters and artists are staying at this hostel. The space and the surrounding environment are also stimulating. You can visit to the local market easily and you can see comprehensively the chaotic metro manila from this location. I hope that you would touch a part of real manila through the staying.

• 23rd Nov 2014
  • Japan

Love this place, by far the best hostel ever. Had the best experience's here and learnt so, so much, massive thanks to Aldrich and Helena. Just have to stay longer next time so that I don't miss Nude Tuesdays on the roof again (I hear its really good!). Can't wait to be back.

Staff friendly and helpful, very aid back, lots of good advice about how to spend your time in Manila and the Philippines

A week before arrival I received by email very detailed and much needed instructions how to get to the hostel from the airport. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I highly recommend this hostel. Will definitely stay here again.

Don't rely on written reviews about this hostel. Seems it's nice place and it is NOT. Location is terrible, not just because of the building roads. Nothing is close, and nothing interesting to see around. If you want to experience a poor Manila town, is your choice. Is not a clean place. They ask you to take short showers to care about environment, but reality is because there is only one shower for all and is clogged!They charge your card for deposit, but they will never discount that money

Don’t rely on this one either! We think Old Manila offers a whole lot more than the shopping malls and “Zona Roja” you were so eager to see. It’s definitely not a beginner city and we are sometimes blamed for its conditions. Still, even our youngest travelers find it safe and interesting enough that they come back again and again to party and explore! Just don’t clog any one of our 6 showers after a night out – no one likes that :)

Great hostel! Good facilities and the staff are really helpful; they gave great recommendations for the rest of my travels in the Philippines. Great social scene and easy to meet people. Took me to a great party on my first night and then had an awesome BBQ the following day. Aldridge and Helena are legends!

Had a great time staying at the Red Carabao. The staff are great, even when we arrived unexpected at 4am. Hosel is really clean with great facilities and roof top area. They were very helpful with loads of tips on what to do and see around Manila, getting to the airport and brought us all out to a great CS Halloween party. So much fun at the Red Carabao. We were just sad we had to miss the next days celebrations.

• 31st Oct 2014

Like hanging out in an uberawesome flat share! Just cleaner.

• 28th Oct 2014

I was basically a resident of Red Carabao for nearly two months! And i wish to go back there to work as a personal pedicab driver for the hostel. The owner is a young and funny but strict ex-army lieutenant. He will show you where and what's best happening in Metro Manila. He could draw you a map on the spot and make sure that you will get to your desired destination! F Amazing! There's a German maid there too that everyone in this world would have like to meet! She's awesome! Find her!