Red Carabao Community Reviews

2819 Felix Huertas Street, Santa Cruz, Manila, Philippines

Love this place, by far the best hostel ever. Had the best experience's here and learnt so, so much, massive thanks to Aldrich and Helena. Just have to stay longer next time so that I don't miss Nude Tuesdays on the roof again (I hear its really good!). Can't wait to be back.

Staff friendly and helpful, very aid back, lots of good advice about how to spend your time in Manila and the Philippines

A week before arrival I received by email very detailed and much needed instructions how to get to the hostel from the airport. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I highly recommend this hostel. Will definitely stay here again.

Great hostel! Good facilities and the staff are really helpful; they gave great recommendations for the rest of my travels in the Philippines. Great social scene and easy to meet people. Took me to a great party on my first night and then had an awesome BBQ the following day. Aldridge and Helena are legends!

Had a great time staying at the Red Carabao. The staff are great, even when we arrived unexpected at 4am. Hosel is really clean with great facilities and roof top area. They were very helpful with loads of tips on what to do and see around Manila, getting to the airport and brought us all out to a great CS Halloween party. So much fun at the Red Carabao. We were just sad we had to miss the next days celebrations.

• 31st Oct 2014

Like hanging out in an uberawesome flat share! Just cleaner.

• 28th Oct 2014

I was basically a resident of Red Carabao for nearly two months! And i wish to go back there to work as a personal pedicab driver for the hostel. The owner is a young and funny but strict ex-army lieutenant. He will show you where and what's best happening in Metro Manila. He could draw you a map on the spot and make sure that you will get to your desired destination! F Amazing! There's a German maid there too that everyone in this world would have like to meet! She's awesome! Find her!

This is the only hostel I've stayed in that feels like home. Others have come close, but Red Carabao puts in the extra effort to make you feel a part of their family of travelers. Their staff mingles right in with the residents, sharing meals (even sometimes cooking), going out bar hopping, escorting you to all the local events around town, treating you to the exotic foods of the Philippines. And the neighborhood is a great glimpse into authentic Manila life.

• 22nd Oct 2014

I can not rave about this place more! It's a great place with an unparalleled atmosphere. I will most definitely recommend this to anyone passing through. The staff are awesome and I will be sure to visit again.

Amazing People and heaps fun! Looking forward to coming back some time.

• 7th Oct 2014

Amazingly hospitable and a perfect backapers' headquarters. Can serve as a base for your journey in the Phillipines if you are looking for company. Feels like you're staying at a friend's place.

• 2nd Oct 2014
  • Israel

I was a little surprised with the location of this place, it's more a family home then a hostel and these were my first impressions. This was a bit of a surprise to me having been travelling through SE Asia for 4 months and having stayed dozens of hostels, some run better than expensive hotels and others not so. This place had a feeling like I was staying with a family and this had a positive effect. Everyone staying here got on and we all went out together loved it! Aldrich Rocks, what a dude.

• 25th Sep 2014

Nice stay learned a lot, very helpful staff about everything. Would come back anytime I'm back in manila!

one of the best place I stayed ! the staff is great and will do the best to make your stay perfect! they also know a lot of stuff about manilla and Philippines in general witch was great because I didn't know what to do and they help me to plans my trip !

We heard about the Red Carabao Community from a friend so were curious about it. We were so many Germans the first day there was a "German night" organized by the staff and we had a delicious dinner we prepared together. It was very nice, we got to know each other and talked a lot. The hostel is close to the Chinese cemetery and we did some sightseeing and a tour there. As well, busterminal going to North Luzon is close. The atmosphere is very cosy and welcoming,staff as well super friendly !!

• 15th Sep 2014

Be warned other customers... I read the reviews and thought how BAD could it be? My lil bro Doug stayed here in 2013 and said the Halloween Party was off the chain!! Everything was fine except on my 2nd visit the whole hostel went to Reggae Night and got me half pissed, they threw me in a cab to catch my flight which was decent of em. As I fly into Taiwan I notice willies drawn all over my arms and legs... U bell ends!! Thanks Red Caraboa for epic last nite in Feelapennis! No FB pics!!!

• 12th Sep 2014

Staff are the best bit about the place. Aldrich Arranged a top pub crawl and Helena was full of knowledge and happy to take you to local food spots. Location is a bit tricky due to roadworks and entry system really needs sorting but overall a very welcoming stay

One of the best hostels I've stayed in in Southeast Asia. Place feels like home instantly. If you are on your own and want to meet people this is the best spot in Manila.

• 8th Sep 2014

Stellar guesthouse that can be serious fun if you’re open and adventuresome! You’d be a dunce booking this place if you’re only after a cheap bed. It’s located in a real residential area by Old Downtown and you will be invited to an assortment of rooftop parties, day trips and happenings around town. The German staff took everyone out to a local karaoke bar nearby on my 2nd visit. Save the airport directions they email to avoid paying more than 350 pesos. Get in touch with them on Facebook & go!

People who arrived without an online booking got discounts and free beers as rewards for spontaneity... NEVER heard of that before but I think its actually cool, as most of travelers I meet begrudge using this commercialized site. So consider just turning up i guess is my advice... have fun