Red Carabao Community Reviews

2819 Felix Huertas Street, Santa Cruz, Manila, Philippines

The ownner of the hostel is very helpful and charming. But the girl helper is not thst friendly.

Felt a little judged by the staff. Was a pretty frosty welcome considering the hostel is pretty difficult for taxis to find. However clean and good homely feel for a long term stay perhaps. Overall nothing to write home about.

Stayed here for 2 nights after meeting my friend in Manila. The staff were welcoming and the place had a real friendliness about it. Beds were very comfortable. would stay here again for sure!

The ultimate party guesthouse if there ever was one! "3 SOCIAL ACTIVITIES EVERY WEEK OR YOUR BEERS ARE FREE GUARANTEE" meant always something cool to do with people. Not with the freshest rooms or freshest location but go there for the events they put on like pub crawls, swimming pool parties, dinners, BBQ/shisha/movie/reggae nights, city tours and concerts that fill the big wall calendar. See their Facebook to get an idea. Anyway beware of the crazy toddler named AJ who is also the hostel pet!

• 17th Mar 2014
  • Sweden

In 5 months of traveling 6 countries this is the most unique, fun guesthouse yet. Why? Atmosphere is extremely communal; expect to eat, sightsee, party together. I've always disliked cities but fell in

Good clean hostel rooms, relaxed layout and friendly staff. The location isn't ideal. It's far from the airport and the location isn't safe during the night for a solo traveler. You pay less for the location! Overall hostel 7.5/10 Location 5/10

Get off the beaten path and get better stories!

Good, clean hostel. Silly cleaning staff who went through some of our things when we were out. Good rooftop in a very dodgy part of Manila. Wouldn't go back, but that is mostly because of the city.

Great hostel, great people, great atmosphere. The main bonus is Aldridge the owner, he is extremely helpful and a great laugh. His instructions on how to get to the hostel from the airport were incredibly helpful, especially when arriving in crazy Manila. He will also show you or provide you with maps and information on tours of the city and even itineraries for other parts of the Philippines, great guy with great ideas.

This hostel is amazing! The atmosphere is so chilled and Aldrich is awesome! He's so nice and will help you with anything! We had some really nice nights up on the rooftop and I met so many nice people. This hostel made my stay in Manilla a really good experience and I'll definitely come back if I have the chance! Aldrich I hope the remodeling turns out how you want it to!

• 25th Feb 2014

I left Red Carabao after two nights stay with mixed feelings. Good points: Clean, well-equipped, good chillout areas, free wifi, information and advice everywhere and air conditioning. Drawbacks: I found security frustrating. Ringing a bell for the cleaner to look out the window and then have to come down. Get a keypad and issue a new code every day! I didn't find the location a problem but can see how some might.

Yes yes yes, looking for a home stay on a 20,000 miles far a way holiday?? Well guess what..you've found it...Now now not in the Makati area but in Santa Cruz...Manila...Red Carabao Community is looking after it's travellers and not just what many other guest houses are doing. Thanx for the money, and find it all out by your self! Mister Aldrich is of the Red Carabao taking care of you!! Robert Boerleider X

• 23rd Feb 2014

Aldrich was great! Takes you out and about to local spots and happenings around town!

Great hostel, there's really nothing negative to say about it. Really enjoyed my stay here. Aldrich is the man!! If you need advice, tips of places to go see in and around Manila, Aldrich is more than happy to help you out. There's a games room too; pool table and table tennis. :)

There is a reason, why Red Carabao has been rewarded with the Hoscar Award 2014 for the best hostel in the Phiippines! That reason is the Mastermind, owner, landlord, caretaker and manager Aldrich (or whatever he is?), who gives you an authentic, awesome and memorable experience of local Manila. He provides you with info, tips and general knowledge of how things work in town, so you avoid getting ripped off or scammed. I can only recommend this place for its amazing atmosphere and authentic MNL.

• 14th Feb 2014
  • Denmark

Great atmosphere, it really feels more like a community than like a hostel.

It was the greatest hostel i have ever lived. At the top floor of the building, there is a musical pub. It has a ping pong table and a pool table which we could enjoy playing together. We drank and laughed all night. Also, we sometimes went out together. In addition, the owner sometimes guided us where to go. He was very friendly and played with us. We all had good experiences in Manila by Red Carabao Hostel.I will choose this place again when I go back to the Philippines.

And it was fun fun fun when we were drinking It was fun fun fun when we were drunk And it was fun fun fun when we were laughing It was fun fun fun, oh it was fun. Oh well I look at you and say It's the happiest that I've ever been And I'll say I no longer feel I have to be James Dean And she'll say "Yah well I feel all pretty happy too" And I'm always pretty happy when I'm just kicking back with you – Jade, Kristin, Rachel (ladies from Norway & UK who brought the sombreros!)

Even though it's a bit further away from the airport, it is absolutely worth to go the extra mile. Aldrich has created a great place where you can experience Manila and guest community in a different way. Instead of visiting one of the Manila shopping malls i recommend join one of the shisha nights in the hostel - Love the place!

The staffs are very friendly, helpful and being here is like being home! Recommended hostel for travelers who wants to enjoy the fun in Philippines.

• 18th Jan 2014
  • Indonesia

#manila #ZOMG #wrestingcarabao #wicked #do-it #toblerone #nutella #trampoline #skyisnothelimit #shutupandjump

« first « Prev 1 2 3