Red Carabao Community Reviews

2819 Felix Huertas Street, Santa Cruz, Manila, Philippines

Staff are the best bit about the place. Aldrich Arranged a top pub crawl and Helena was full of knowledge and happy to take you to local food spots. Location is a bit tricky due to roadworks and entry system really needs sorting but overall a very welcoming stay

People who arrived without an online booking got discounts and free beers as rewards for spontaneity... NEVER heard of that before but I think its actually cool, as most of travelers I meet begrudge using this commercialized site. So consider just turning up i guess is my advice... have fun

Love this guesthouse! Chilled out atmosphere and very communal, like hanging out at a friend’s place. It's in a residential area about 10 min to metro station, which is crowded but cheap, Old Downtown, produce market and Banaue buses. They put on a bunch of fun events like hookah and pub crawls. Road work was a little troublesome for walking, but you can take trikes around. Read my full review of this hostel, some photos and other survival tips for Manila on my blog www.workleavebalance.com

We love you more, girl! No. 5 on the «10 Off the Beaten Path Things in Manila» is big deal. Everyone should read your travel blog before booking us!

It was such a pleasure to stay at Red Carabao ! Thanks to Aldrich and Kristine, I could enjoy my time in Manila. I went there as a solo traveller which make you feel lonely sometimes, but I didn't feel that way at Red Carabao. Aldrich took me to the restaurant where you can eat authentic ? Filipino food ! On top of it, he introduced me to other travellers so that I can make a day trip with them ! If I would have a chance to go back in Manila, I would love to stay here again :) thanks a lot !

• 3rd Aug 2014
  • Japan

what can i say, my experience was totally different from any other guests. i made the booking so early, when i arrived at the hostel i was told that the manager was out and guest house was temperarily closed. but Lance was very nice, he aloowed me to stay for 2 nights, i saw many pictures in the room, the other visitors have been so happy, but i have been alone. its a pity and next time i go to manila i will book this guest house again.

We love this group photo you took with other guests: goo.gl/gu62Bv — It’s going on the wall!

Very happy, rooms we're super clean.. And I will be making a return.. Great included breakfast also..

• 2nd May 2014
  • Wales

the place to stay whilst in Manila. i've stayed in a few areas before and all of the best things are nearby (Chinese cemetery, Manila north cemetery, La Loma Cockpit, that road with all the lechon...) plus the owner is a really nice guy and will advise you on what to do in the rest of the philippines.

• 1st May 2014

It’s a no whinging, no complaining hostel. Basically, just do as they say and no body gets hurt. To get the host's attention, just insert 75 cents for the first minute and 50 cents for each additional minute. If you say please, thank you and you’re such a good-looking host, you just might get "lucky" with you know who. Not that way, silly. "Best PH Hostel 2014" but I think they bribed Hostelworld... with love and affection. That’s it for my review. Sit back and relax or sit up and be tense. PG

• 4th Apr 2014

Keep Calm Cuz That’s How We Roll!

Security: very relax and safe. Location: quite easy to reach the hostel from airport if you get direction information or map before hand. It keeps proper distance from the commercial center, quiet. Staff: I have to say that Aldrich, the owner, is very helpful. He is willing to help everyone turns to ask help. He values guests' ideas and suggestions, positive or negative. Atmosphere: a guest told me that you feel like come to his house not a hostel. Ture.

Felt a little judged by the staff. Was a pretty frosty welcome considering the hostel is pretty difficult for taxis to find. However clean and good homely feel for a long term stay perhaps. Overall nothing to write home about.

People stick around for good reason!

Stayed here for 2 nights after meeting my friend in Manila. The staff were welcoming and the place had a real friendliness about it. Beds were very comfortable. would stay here again for sure!

The ultimate party guesthouse if there ever was one! "3 SOCIAL ACTIVITIES EVERY WEEK OR YOUR BEERS ARE FREE GUARANTEE" meant always something cool to do with people. Not with the freshest rooms or freshest location but go there for the events they put on like pub crawls, swimming pool parties, dinners, BBQ/shisha/movie/reggae nights, city tours and concerts that fill the big wall calendar. See their Facebook to get an idea. Anyway beware of the crazy toddler named AJ who is also the hostel pet!

• 17th Mar 2014