Red Carabao Community Reviews

2819 Felix Huertas Street, Santa Cruz, Manila, Philippines

I can not rave about this place more! It's a great place with an unparalleled atmosphere. I will most definitely recommend this to anyone passing through. The staff are awesome and I will be sure to visit again.

Amazing People and heaps fun! Looking forward to coming back some time.

• 7th Oct 2014

Amazingly hospitable and a perfect backapers' headquarters. Can serve as a base for your journey in the Phillipines if you are looking for company. Feels like you're staying at a friend's place.

• 2nd Oct 2014
  • Israel

I was a little surprised with the location of this place, it's more a family home then a hostel and these were my first impressions. This was a bit of a surprise to me having been travelling through SE Asia for 4 months and having stayed dozens of hostels, some run better than expensive hotels and others not so. This place had a feeling like I was staying with a family and this had a positive effect. Everyone staying here got on and we all went out together loved it! Aldrich Rocks, what a dude.

• 25th Sep 2014

Nice stay learned a lot, very helpful staff about everything. Would come back anytime I'm back in manila!

one of the best place I stayed ! the staff is great and will do the best to make your stay perfect! they also know a lot of stuff about manilla and Philippines in general witch was great because I didn't know what to do and they help me to plans my trip !

We heard about the Red Carabao Community from a friend so were curious about it. We were so many Germans the first day there was a "German night" organized by the staff and we had a delicious dinner we prepared together. It was very nice, we got to know each other and talked a lot. The hostel is close to the Chinese cemetery and we did some sightseeing and a tour there. As well, busterminal going to North Luzon is close. The atmosphere is very cosy and welcoming,staff as well super friendly !!

• 15th Sep 2014

Be warned other customers... I read the reviews and thought how BAD could it be? My lil bro Doug stayed here in 2013 and said the Halloween Party was off the chain!! Everything was fine except on my 2nd visit the whole hostel went to Reggae Night and got me half pissed, they threw me in a cab to catch my flight which was decent of em. As I fly into Taiwan I notice willies drawn all over my arms and legs... U bell ends!! Thanks Red Caraboa for epic last nite in Feelapennis! No FB pics!!!

• 12th Sep 2014

Staff are the best bit about the place. Aldrich Arranged a top pub crawl and Helena was full of knowledge and happy to take you to local food spots. Location is a bit tricky due to roadworks and entry system really needs sorting but overall a very welcoming stay

Stellar guesthouse that can be serious fun if you’re open and adventuresome! You’d be a dunce booking this place if you’re only after a cheap bed. It’s located in a real residential area by Old Downtown and you will be invited to an assortment of rooftop parties, day trips and happenings around town. The German staff took everyone out to a local karaoke bar nearby on my 2nd visit. Save the airport directions they email to avoid paying more than 350 pesos. Get in touch with them on Facebook & go!

People who arrived without an online booking got discounts and free beers as rewards for spontaneity... NEVER heard of that before but I think its actually cool, as most of travelers I meet begrudge using this commercialized site. So consider just turning up i guess is my advice... have fun

Love this guesthouse! Chilled out atmosphere and very communal, like hanging out at a friend’s place. It's in a residential area about 10 min to metro station, which is crowded but cheap, Old Downtown, produce market and Banaue buses. They put on a bunch of fun events like hookah and pub crawls. Road work was a little troublesome for walking, but you can take trikes around. Read my full review of this hostel, some photos and other survival tips for Manila on my blog www.workleavebalance.com

We love you more, girl! No. 5 on the «10 Off the Beaten Path Things in Manila» is big deal. Everyone should read your travel blog before booking us!

It was such a pleasure to stay at Red Carabao ! Thanks to Aldrich and Kristine, I could enjoy my time in Manila. I went there as a solo traveller which make you feel lonely sometimes, but I didn't feel that way at Red Carabao. Aldrich took me to the restaurant where you can eat authentic ? Filipino food ! On top of it, he introduced me to other travellers so that I can make a day trip with them ! If I would have a chance to go back in Manila, I would love to stay here again :) thanks a lot !

• 3rd Aug 2014
  • Japan

what can i say, my experience was totally different from any other guests. i made the booking so early, when i arrived at the hostel i was told that the manager was out and guest house was temperarily closed. but Lance was very nice, he aloowed me to stay for 2 nights, i saw many pictures in the room, the other visitors have been so happy, but i have been alone. its a pity and next time i go to manila i will book this guest house again.

We love this group photo you took with other guests: goo.gl/gu62Bv — It’s going on the wall!

Very happy, rooms we're super clean.. And I will be making a return.. Great included breakfast also..

• 2nd May 2014
  • Wales

the place to stay whilst in Manila. i've stayed in a few areas before and all of the best things are nearby (Chinese cemetery, Manila north cemetery, La Loma Cockpit, that road with all the lechon...) plus the owner is a really nice guy and will advise you on what to do in the rest of the philippines.

• 1st May 2014