Red Dwarf Guesthouse Reviews

Od Gaja 56, Dubrovnik, Croatia

This hostel was marvellous. Nako was extremely friendly and received me with open arms in this wintry season, affirming that I will come back to this hostel when I next come back to amazing Dubrovnik! Highly recommended.

The hostel is located close to the harbour and short distance from the old town. Nako is really friendly, and picked me up! He showed everywhere on a map, and gave a free beer on arrival. The rooms have soft comfortable beds. He even helped me when an atm swallowed my card. Thank you so much for all your help you made my stay very welcoming!!

Such warm and lovely people. They greeted us with smiles even at 2 am! Very genuine and helpful.

Good location near the harbour/bus station, bit of a walk to the old town. Very helpful staff even giving us a free lift to the bus station when we left in the morning. Good recommendations for restaurants and help from staff. Perfect if you don't mind a shared bathroom, good cheap option.

Popular with British due to the name, but don't expect to find lister and the cat, although the is a dog. It's fine to stay but in the arse end of nowhere. The rooms have a sort of Torquay hotel feel to them, and there's no kitchen or communal area to speak of. It's family run, but not in a good way (I.e. You're not part of the family but not separate from it either, like visiting bitter inlaws). Nice alsacian though.

A special mention to the staff who couldn't have been more helpful. A very welcoming atmosphere.

• 5th Sep 2014