Red Dwarf Guesthouse Reviews

Od Gaja 56, Dubrovnik, Croatia

Well, the location is like 35 minutes distance walking from Dubrovnik's Old Town, a bit more far as expected, but still ok. The house is very nice, Nako is the owner and he is very friendly and helpful. One thing I have to say and that make me a bit sad is that the house was very dirty, mainly the bathroom.

Marko was a great host: he picked us up and dropped us off from the bus station for free. He was very helpful and told us about cheap places to eat and visit. It's a 25 minute walk from the old city, but the scenery is nice which doesn't make it a big deal. The hostel is close to the bus station, harbor, and 24 hour bakery. All in all, if you want a nice place for a good price and don't mind walking a little bit, I would definitely reccomend

• 25th Jun 2015

Dealt with an excellent host who was more than happy to point out the places to be. Was extremely helpful and we really appreciate that! The hostel itself is a bit out from the city but its a really nice walk which helps! And be prepared to climb steps.... Lots of them!!

We only had a short stay but red dwarf were very welcoming they even waited for us to arrive at1am I would recommend. Very good place.

• 21st Jun 2015

I booked a single room and was a bit surprised when I arrived that I am actually now in a five dorm. Well Nako got me a discount and also drove me to the bus station in the morning. Still the room was too small for five beds aand it would had been nice to get what was booked. The view is brilliant though and worth the many steps that need climbing.

Really enjoyed my stay at Red Dwarf hostel. The owner was brilliant and helped me sort out what I wanted to do the minute I arrived at the hostel. He also let me leave my backpack at the hostel on the last day as I had a late flight. Small kitchen but everything you could need there. About a 20 minute walk from the old town but the hostel has a stunning view being near the top of a hill so it's completely worth it!

• 17th Jun 2015

Guesthouse very convenient located to go from/to Dubrovnik bus station. 30 minutes walking from/to old city but Dubrovnik is a lovely city to go for a walk, so, no problem. 5 minutes distance from harbour, where there are many restaurants cheaper than others in old city. Marko runs a lovely guesthouse with the help of his parents. It's a helpful man, giving tips not only about Dubrovnik but Croatia, Bosnia, Serbia, etc. He loves chatting and having a beer. Good value for money

this was a great little guest house. the owners son was very informative and all staff very friendly. it was in an ideal place to walk to the harbour and an easy bus ride to the old town.... value for money if your only staying for a night or 2.

the owner is really helpful and is probably the best part of this place, its a little out of the way from the main part of town but thats why its cheap. not a party hostel, was very quiet and relaxing. wifi was average.

Great value for money. The owner is really helpful and he has lots of great ideas. The shower is clean.

He was great! Offered us rides, suggestions on what to do and took us to the airport the next morning! Wish we could have stayed longer than one night

My room had an opening above the door and seeing as it was in somebody's house, I was kept up late and woken up early by the family members. The property is up a very large hill and is far away from all the sites.

owner was very friendly and helpful.

Family run hostel and they are nice people. However the location is really really far away from the old town. Lot of uphill climbing and such. However, there are great views of the city from Hostel's balcony. Nice cheap and great place to stay in now expensive Dubrovnik.

nice location for that city setup, easy walk to old town. he is very informative aboit places and sights and pizza bar great and near by.. so are some biger shops, since old town bit over priced.

This was a fantastic place to stay. Ignoring what everyone else had already said about facilities etc, it's the family run style that was so nice. Nako (the host), treated me like family. I had an unfortunate incident with an atm swallowing my only credit card on the day was flight due to leave. Crying back in the hostel I had the whole extended family consoling me and trying to help me. Incredibly Nako got it back! They are so lovely and helpful, I would recommend this place to everyone!

Overally my 2 nights stay was really good. The host, Niko was really friendly and helpful. You need to climb up the hill through the stairs to get to the place. Other than that, I would recommend this place to any backpackers looking for a cheap and nice stay in Dubrovnik

• 2nd Jun 2015
  • Malaysia

The stay here was absolutely incredible. We had a room with a balcony facing the most stunning views of the city and the water. The room itself was adorable - I felt as though I was staying in a family home. A 15 minute walk from the old city, and a 5 minute walk to bakeries for breakfast and amazing and affordable restaurants for dinner. You feel immersed in the culture since the guest house is located in an authentic neighborhood. The best part was Nako and his parents. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

• 24th May 2015
  • Ukraine

Run by a lovely family who were very friendly and helpful

• 20th May 2015

We stayed in the Red Dwarf Guesthouse for two nights and were REALLY disappointed. Our room was on the same floor as the staff's and the room was unclean, full of dust under our beds and the linens didn't seem that fresh either... And the bathroom! I felt disgusted in that shower which hadn't been cleaned for ages. The staff clearly didn't seem to care about the cleanliness of the place. And on top of it all, they charged us way too much, so we got ripped off. What a horrible experience.

• 19th May 2015
  • Finland

i cant belive what im reading here!! PLEASE LOOK OUR OTHER COMMENTS. Our house is famoust with cleanless and staff!. We would like to be closer to town, but we are not; ca. 20 min by foor to old town, but much closer to harbour and central bus station. Our house is guesthouse, not hostel. Owners (me and my familiy) living in house (house have 4 floors!), we taking care about all of you (my dear guests) non stop! im very unhappy because this comment.. kids should learn to behave. good luck Marjo

View all Dubrovnik Bed and Breakfasts