Red Dwarf Guesthouse Reviews

Od Gaja 56, Dubrovnik, Croatia

The people were very nice and helpful. i would highly recommend staying here!!

• 20th Sep 2013

The staff in this hostel was amazing! They helped us with everything, even took us to the center to spend the day there. Hostel feels like home, the rooms are like bedrooms and they are clean and comfy. The beds are okay. The location of this hostel is not the best, and getting there by car and parking it was horrible. Streets are so tight and going up and down, cars are parked in a way that it's almost impossible to get trough.That's why I cannot recommend going there by car. Tho we survived.:)

we helping with parking.. its hard when you coming first time without help. call before ariwall and we are coming to help!:)

Feels more like a family home than a hostel. Bit of a walk to get there, but it's nice to be away from the tourists and see outside of the main town. The view from the balcony over the harbour was beautiful. Nata the owner was great (and his mums sweet). He gave me specific directions on how to get everywhere, which buses to take, good bakeries and generally made sure I knew what I was doing before letting me go! There weren't any lockers and you don't get a key for the room, but it felt safe.

The family who owns the hostel is very kind and helpful. The view from the hostel is beautiful and well worth the long walk to the center. The room was clean and very comfortable. The bathroom could use some modifications, but if I get the chance to go back to Dubrovnik i will stay there again.

Excellent stay at red dwarf. I was treated like a guest of honor. Comfortable place for my stay in Dubrovnik. Excellent service and received valuable info about the city. Nako even drove me to the bus station the day I had to leave.

As its name says it is a guesthouse, not a hostel so you will find a bedroom in someones house, you can sleep and take a shower but no hostel atmosphere at all. Bedroom was big and comfortable.

If you don't mind being a 25-minute walk from the centre of town, this is an excellent option, certainly for the price - but be sure to print out a map before you set off for the first time, as the street it's in is very long and the standard town plan from tourist information is little help. The owner does offer a collection service, I believe. Once there, it' has a fine view and large rooms rather than dorms, with fans. It's in fact refreshing to get some distance from the crowds.

The hostel owners were so friendly. They gave us so much information about Dubrovnik when we arrived such as the cheap places to eat, the best night life and the quieter beaches.! They were so accommodating and would quite happily recommend the hostel to anyone looking for a reasonable place to stay in Dubrovnik.

The hostel, although a little further out of the old town was worth the walk. On arrival we were greeted, helped with our bags encouraged to just sit down for a while drink some refrigerated water (bliss) and relax. We were told all the best places to go, eat and drink but also the nearest food shops etc. There are stunning views of the sunset and you are surrounded by locals so get the feel for the real Dubrovnik culture whilst also meeting other travellers from around the world. Lovely stay!

Very hot inside, we weren't provided with a fan the 2nd night, a hard climb to get to but a lovely view

Super friendly staff, such good value for money and the wifi was excellent! Markos the owner's son was so helpful, friendly and did a good job at making us feel at home. They also picked us up from the airport for a small fee too! The information he provided was second to none :) A room fan would be useful in the hotter months :) other then that it was really great!

A nice guesthouse with some books about the history of Yugoslavia. A big terrace and an amazing view over the bay in the west of Dubrovnik. Sometimes I had to take a shower after the 150 stairs climbing but it was worth the view. Parking a car is a bit complicated, but we managed thanks to the decent help of the family. Be aware of the fact the street has a bottleneck for cars just east of the guesthouse. But the free parking is something to safe money with. Big supermarket nearby @ harbour.

This guest house is pretty much cheap (for 6 nights in a triple room I've paid 120 € each) and cozy. The owners are very friendly and easy going, me and my five friends have caused a little fuss and they say nothing. The owner (the younger one) give me also a receive for my payment in cash. The position is a little bit unconfortable (we had to climb like 230 stairs, no kidding) but the view was remarkable (in the morning the view of the bay is stunning, and at the dawn too).

• 23rd Jul 2013

Extremely friendly owner who took the time to show us all we needed to know about Dubrovnik when we arrived. Though this hostel is a little far from the Old Town, it is a pleasant walk in to town, close to nice eateries and has a breathtaking view of the harbour. It is very quiet if you're looking for somewhere to relax.

Wonderful, family run hostel ... Even laundry service available (very reasonable!). Location about 15 minute walk from bus station, 30 min walk from Old Town, buses available close by.

The staff was so kind to us, and even did extra service, than required. We had a great stay there!

We arrived in Dubrovnik in the wee hours of the morning and made our reservations. Within 10 minutes we were picked up by Nako, the owner's son. Nako is the kindest, gentlest and most professional host you will ever meet in your life. Along the way to the hostel, he pointed out the grocery stores, bakeries, and restaurants. When we arrived, he carried our luggage to the room and provided us with a map detailing all the sites...including the local restaurants away from the tourist area.

thx guys, it was pleasure:)

Hostel located at the top of the hill so can be a hassle when carrying big bags. English spoken was not great but that is to be expected in a homestay. They have a very obedient german shepherd dog which was lovely but could be scary for anyone who doesn't like them. Amenities were good and great value for money. Would stay again.

After making a reservation online and climbing hundreds of steps, we arrived to this hostel only to be told that the online reservation system was broken and that the hostel was fully booked. It would be unfair to leave a bad review for the actual accommodation since we didn't end up staying here, but it is absurd that the staff did not post anything online regarding the status of the faulty website. At least he drove us to the station were we could find more central accommodation.

Girls didnt have booking confirmation and i didnt recognise as our booking; they made booking for 4 persons but arriwed 6 persons. i didnt understand they are my guests. im terribly sorry!!! i helped with alternate accommodation and my room stayed empty!!:(((. Missunderstanding... sry sry..

It's a good hostel. Clean rooms provided, no air conditioning but fan by ea bed. Not very close to bus station… so prepare for 30min walk or take a bus for part of the way. It is up the hill, up the stairs. Better print a map before. The green market they mention in directions – doesn’t exist anymore… The owner is nice, friendly and open. It’s big house and they rent their rooms. I didn’t notice common kitchen etc. I stayed in a dorm. Rather basic but they take good care of it.

View all Dubrovnik Bed and Breakfasts