Red Dwarf Guesthouse Reviews

Od Gaja 56, Dubrovnik, Croatia

This was my second visit to Nakos hostel and the main reason I returned was because he is such a good host. The hostel is in a good location slightly outside of Dubrovnik although easily within walking distance to the main things. Nako is extremely helpful and gives lots of good information when you arrive. He even gave us his number and told us to call anytime if we were lost etc. The terrace at the hostel is fantastic and really nice to relax there after being in the busy city centre

Had a nice stay but remember: its not close to the old town. (20min walk up and down hill) Also its not a hostel but a guest house.

Had a wonderful time! It was hard to find at first but The view was beautiful and very close to the harbour! Nako was super helpful with directions and activities and always available to answer questions! Very comfortable and clean room! Will definitely have to go back!

• 11th Jul 2015

The house keeper was very nice, he picked us up at the port and showed us the way to his house where we could park just in front of the door. He then gave us a lot of useful information about the best way to go to the old town (about 20-30 minutes by walk), the attractions of the old town, the prices,the bars, the restaurants, the clubs, the beaches... This hostel is really a good value for money! In Dubrovnik is not easy to find a cheaper room. I would recommend it!

Nice little hostel with a stunning view of Dubrovnik from the terrace, a bit of a walk to the old town but it's a very pleasant one. The host was very kind and gave us many recommendations of things to do during our stay. The only problem was that there was no air con just a fan so it got very hot at night. Other than that everything was lovely.

the hostel environment is very good and people do everything to make you feel good. But the room has no fan, very stuffy and next to the kitchen, which is open 24 hours, for those seeking rest not recommend it.

I would firstly like to thank Nako for all his help and advice about Dubrovnik. The ride from the bus station and to the airport were very much appreciated. The hostel is on a hill and it's many stairs to get there but it's quiet and secure. However it's in the suburbs near restaurants which are cheaper than the old town. The bathroom was clean, and the fan in the room was a lifesaver from the heat. There is wifi too. I would suggest communal coffee/tea supplies for breakfast as there isn't any.

Very friendly and excellent and clean facilities. I hope you like stairs though as it can be quite the hike getting anywhere

Well, the location is like 35 minutes distance walking from Dubrovnik's Old Town, a bit more far as expected, but still ok. The house is very nice, Nako is the owner and he is very friendly and helpful. One thing I have to say and that make me a bit sad is that the house was very dirty, mainly the bathroom.

Marko was a great host: he picked us up and dropped us off from the bus station for free. He was very helpful and told us about cheap places to eat and visit. It's a 25 minute walk from the old city, but the scenery is nice which doesn't make it a big deal. The hostel is close to the bus station, harbor, and 24 hour bakery. All in all, if you want a nice place for a good price and don't mind walking a little bit, I would definitely reccomend

• 25th Jun 2015

Staff, despite not all speaking English, was very friendly and family-like.Everything was fine except for location. Coming by bus you have to walk around 200 steps (or stairs) with your luggage which is really stressful.

Dealt with an excellent host who was more than happy to point out the places to be. Was extremely helpful and we really appreciate that! The hostel itself is a bit out from the city but its a really nice walk which helps! And be prepared to climb steps.... Lots of them!!

We only had a short stay but red dwarf were very welcoming they even waited for us to arrive at1am I would recommend. Very good place.

• 21st Jun 2015

I booked a single room and was a bit surprised when I arrived that I am actually now in a five dorm. Well Nako got me a discount and also drove me to the bus station in the morning. Still the room was too small for five beds aand it would had been nice to get what was booked. The view is brilliant though and worth the many steps that need climbing.

Really enjoyed my stay at Red Dwarf hostel. The owner was brilliant and helped me sort out what I wanted to do the minute I arrived at the hostel. He also let me leave my backpack at the hostel on the last day as I had a late flight. Small kitchen but everything you could need there. About a 20 minute walk from the old town but the hostel has a stunning view being near the top of a hill so it's completely worth it!

• 17th Jun 2015

Guesthouse very convenient located to go from/to Dubrovnik bus station. 30 minutes walking from/to old city but Dubrovnik is a lovely city to go for a walk, so, no problem. 5 minutes distance from harbour, where there are many restaurants cheaper than others in old city. Marko runs a lovely guesthouse with the help of his parents. It's a helpful man, giving tips not only about Dubrovnik but Croatia, Bosnia, Serbia, etc. He loves chatting and having a beer. Good value for money

this was a great little guest house. the owners son was very informative and all staff very friendly. it was in an ideal place to walk to the harbour and an easy bus ride to the old town.... value for money if your only staying for a night or 2.

the owner is really helpful and is probably the best part of this place, its a little out of the way from the main part of town but thats why its cheap. not a party hostel, was very quiet and relaxing. wifi was average.

Great value for money. The owner is really helpful and he has lots of great ideas. The shower is clean.

He was great! Offered us rides, suggestions on what to do and took us to the airport the next morning! Wish we could have stayed longer than one night

View all Dubrovnik Bed and Breakfasts