Red Dwarf Guesthouse Reviews

Od Gaja 56, Dubrovnik, Croatia

Nako was super-helpful and informative host, and his parents are super sweet as well. Location offers one of the best views of the city I've seen, and is not too far from old city, and close to main bus station. Lots of stairs ALL OVER Dubrovnik, so it's not limited to Red Dwarf. Kitchen is too small, and I was the only guest when I was there, and he was remodeling, so I can't really judge the atmosphere. Private single room has no windows, so you'll sleep well in there. Super-markets close

Staying at Red Dwarf was so great and easy even though I was only there for 1 night. Nako, the owner, went out of his way to pick me up from the bus station and then drop me off again at 7am the next day. He really does take care of his guests and his place has a very homey feel. And the views were beautiful! When in doubt, choose Red Dwarf!

The place is ok but no fireworks, far away from the center but cheap so that makes up for it. There really isn't any kind of atmosphere to talk about, I guess it's better for a group of people than single traveler.

Great place! Yes, it's a bit of a walk to Old Town, but this is the norm if you don't want to spend $40 a night on a hostel bed. I love the setup of this place, it's a guesthouse/hostel. It has a smaller, chiller social atmosphere compared to giant raging hostels (think drinking wine and chatting on the amazing terrace in the evenings). AND the best part; Neko, the owner will do anything to make your stay perfect. He regularly picks people up and drops them off at bus/ferry and gives advice!

I had a lovely stay at this hostel. Nako, the owner, was super helpful and made sure I was as comfortable and satisfied as possible with everything. Thank you, Nako!! Besides, the place is well located, being near to markets and a 20 min walk away from central bus station as well as from the old town. Clean facilities and cozy rooms. Don't mind the stairs, it is worth it!

Great place for a great price! Clean, secure, and with a really good, quiet and kind atmosphere. The location, for me, is just perfect. Thats true that u need 30 minutes to get to the city center, but you also take only 15 minutes to the harbour and main bus station. Since I arrived with a big backpack, I prefered to have a place near the bus station. The owner is also one of the top reasons to stay here. Very kind, helpful and nice. He is always trying to make you feel confortable.

Lovely owners, very welcoming. Small hostel, quite spacious and very clean rooms. Directions given could be better though - took a while to find and is up lots of stairs! Beautiful views of the city and nice patio area and place to hang towels. Owner kindly filled water bottles and refrigerated them so there was a constant supply of properly cold water which was excellent

Frankly. It is a very good place, thanks to the guy who runs it. Very helpful. The view is just awesome. Transportation to the center is very easy (plan to climb some stairs: very healthy). Parking seemed to be mission : impossible but we sorted it out with our host.

There were fleas in the room, we have 20-30 bites each of us. A bathroom, kitchen, shared space (terrace only) was very poorly equipped. The house staff did not respect the privacy of the guests.

• 19th Aug 2015
  • Spain

Lovely stay at red dwarf! Nako was so helpful and really made our stay brilliant!

• 16th Aug 2015

Good Staff . He is amazing with us help everthing . Localization is good if u need to go bus station but litte far old town( many stairs). I recommend this place . I am sad Cuz we did not say goodbye Nakos.

The owner (Nako) is really gentle and helpful!

Very good Hostel situated near the harbour in the neighborood of Grüz. The rooms got enough space and are very clean! The personnal is very helpful and gave us all the informations needed to enjoy Dubrovnik. We definitely recommend to go to this Hostel.

Very friendly, helpful and comfortable

A nice guesthouse run by a very nice man. He gave us a free lift to the bus station and lots of info about Dubrovnik. The hostel is a bit of a walk but this is to be expected seeing as it's a lot cheaper than most other options. Also the directions given in the confirmation email are not very good. Overall, a very good place to stay for the price!

This hostel lives from its so sympathical host! He really cares about his guests and gives a lot of very god advices! The hostel itself is located very uphill and the streets are not easy but the view is ausm and by bus or taxi you get to every location in dubrovnik!

• 31st Jul 2015

Stayed here for two nights and had a good time. Nako was an incredible host, nothing was too much trouble. All the advice he offered on where to go and what to do was fantastic. It's a bit of a walk to the old town, but there are bakeries nearby to get breakfast on the walk in. Our only issue was the lack of a/c, which meant the room was stiflingly hot. True to form, Nako found us a fan for the second night, which was a life saver, and even gave us a lift to our next location. Cheers, Nako!

It was really hard to find it at first and it takes a loooot of stairs to get to the hostel, but the owner is the sweetest (he drove me to the station, which was really nice) and the view is beautiful.

This was my second visit to Nakos hostel and the main reason I returned was because he is such a good host. The hostel is in a good location slightly outside of Dubrovnik although easily within walking distance to the main things. Nako is extremely helpful and gives lots of good information when you arrive. He even gave us his number and told us to call anytime if we were lost etc. The terrace at the hostel is fantastic and really nice to relax there after being in the busy city centre

Had a nice stay but remember: its not close to the old town. (20min walk up and down hill) Also its not a hostel but a guest house.

All true.. thx