Red Dwarf Guesthouse Reviews

Od Gaja 56, Dubrovnik, Croatia

The hostel was clean, the owner very helpful, beautiful views, but the location was not easy to get to.

This was a really sweet place to stay at with an incredible view of the harbour. There is a supermarket and a 24h bakery near by, which is very convenient. The owners are exceptionally informative and will go out of their way to help you. If you're looking for a cheap place to stay with everything you need for a nice holiday in Dubrovnik, I would definitely recommend this place.

The rooms were clean. Staff are very helpful. But the walk into town is probably closer to thirty minutes than fifteen. And that's walking fairly fast. And a taxi is 60 kuna.

All true and true!! Thanx man:)

It's far away from the old town so don't walk, take the bus. Nako, the guy who runs the place, was friendly and an interesting person! Nice view from the terrace. Also, we got free beer when we arrived, which was nice.

Guesthouse has an amazing view from up the stairs. Nako was really really awesome he will help u with anything. Organising the bedt things to do in dubrovnik. It has all the facilities you need and grest value for money. Its a 15 min walk at max but the walk is really nice to the old town. Would definately stay again. Recommend

Naku (the son of the guesthouse owners) really takes the time to make sure that you enjoy your stay at Red Dwarf. He is very vibrant and friendly and made my stay in Dubrovnik much better despite being sick :)

Its quite far from the old city but the view from hostel is stunning, just make sure your willing to climb a lot of stairs! Very quiet and chilled out. Don't think we could have stayed much longer than 3 or 4 days. It is a bit run down and the bathroom isn't the nicest. The kitchen is part of the family house which makes it awkward to use. However there is someone there at all times to help out and everyone was friendly.

Very nice place, run by a very friendly and helpful family.

I have stayed in a few places in Dubrovnik over the years and this was my favourite hostel so far. Excellent service and friendliness all round. Great help with maps and explanations of transport. The hostel has a superb view of the harbour and is close to the bus stations. The room was great and the washing and kitchen facilities were as good as can be expected of any place. Thanks again for the stay and all the help. Joe.

Nako was very helpful, picking us up when we got lost on the short trip to the hostel, helping us out with what to see, do and eat and then driving us back to the bus station when we were leaving. Even though the owners spoke little english we felt very welcomed by them and there big (but friendly) dog!

Although it is a bit of a walk from the old town, this is a very nice place to stay! It's removed from the whole luxury hotel scene, which was nice. Dubrovnik is the safest-feeling city I have ever been to, so even walking all the way back late at night from the center is nothing to worry about! I was welcomed immediately with suggestions of things to do in Dubrovnik, and was very satisfied with my experience!

Great place to stay in Venice, it is an ideal location, easy to find, and close to all attractions. Rooms are big and has a lovely garden you can relax in. Would highly recommend this hostel/guesthouse.

Best for a group of people or couples as it was quiet when I was there as a solo traveler. Probably picks up in peak season. The son who runs it is very welcoming and outlines what's around the city to check out. Place feels like going to your grandparents except a communistic era vibe if that makes any sense. overall it's a good walking distance to the attractions and value for money.

thx for nice comment, but why such bad rating? in low season is always quiet, groups are welcome:)

The people were very nice and helpful. i would highly recommend staying here!!

• 20th Sep 2013

The staff in this hostel was amazing! They helped us with everything, even took us to the center to spend the day there. Hostel feels like home, the rooms are like bedrooms and they are clean and comfy. The beds are okay. The location of this hostel is not the best, and getting there by car and parking it was horrible. Streets are so tight and going up and down, cars are parked in a way that it's almost impossible to get trough.That's why I cannot recommend going there by car. Tho we survived.:)

we helping with parking.. its hard when you coming first time without help. call before ariwall and we are coming to help!:)

Feels more like a family home than a hostel. Bit of a walk to get there, but it's nice to be away from the tourists and see outside of the main town. The view from the balcony over the harbour was beautiful. Nata the owner was great (and his mums sweet). He gave me specific directions on how to get everywhere, which buses to take, good bakeries and generally made sure I knew what I was doing before letting me go! There weren't any lockers and you don't get a key for the room, but it felt safe.

The family who owns the hostel is very kind and helpful. The view from the hostel is beautiful and well worth the long walk to the center. The room was clean and very comfortable. The bathroom could use some modifications, but if I get the chance to go back to Dubrovnik i will stay there again.

This hostel was so so lovely- as soon as we arrived we were picked up straight away by the owner of the place. The owners really go out of their way to make you feel comfortable and at home- we even sat out drinking wine with the owner trading foreign jokes! The place is about a 20- 25 minute walk outside of Djubrovnik, but we didn't mind at all as it's nestled near the top of the urban hills along the coast and some great views on the walk. Might not be so good for walking home at night though!

Excellent stay at red dwarf. I was treated like a guest of honor. Comfortable place for my stay in Dubrovnik. Excellent service and received valuable info about the city. Nako even drove me to the bus station the day I had to leave.

As its name says it is a guesthouse, not a hostel so you will find a bedroom in someones house, you can sleep and take a shower but no hostel atmosphere at all. Bedroom was big and comfortable.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6