Red Emperor Bar&Hostel Reviews

Aia 10, Tallinn, Estonia

Cozy hostel in a top location. Super friendly staff and everything you need. They play Rock Music in the lounge and there is a Bar next door so on weekends there can be the smell of Beer in the air.

Really nice place. Go ;)

• 26th Aug 2015
  • Portugal

Just change the saddle bicycle chairs, they were pretty but uncomfortable. Maybe introduce a key-card instead of always ringing the bell. However awesome experience

Can't fault Red Emperor! We stayed for three nights and had a great time. It's in a great location on the edge of the Old Town, opposite a supermarket and ATM. Everything was nice and clean, the staff were really friendly and knowledgeable. The bar had a nice atmosphere and was a good place to hang out. Security was excellent. I'd definitely stay here again! Highly recommended.

This hostel was just a blast... One of the best hostels we've ever been to. Amazing staff, clean facilities and a really nice and friendly atmosphere. 11/10

• 21st Aug 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Great place, great atmosphere and most importantly great people, Beer for all!

• 20th Aug 2015

I loved this hostel!!! The location for getting around the old town was perfect. The place was kept spotless. The staff were amazing, so friendly and helpful, lots of good advice and chatty to solo travelers like me! The atmosphere was brilliant...traveling alone it can be tough to make friends and this place was the perfect mix of good atmosphere without being full on party party 24/7. The bar had things on every night (quizzes, open mic, etc) and the cheapest beer and cider in the city!

Close to the major attractions and very friendly staff.

Nice people, good atmosphere and bar with cheap beer. It's clean. 24h reception is a big adventage.

Really nice hostel. When you first arrive it seems a bit scary, going through the bar, but it's wonderful. I'm not a big partier and was relieved I couldn't hear a peep from anyone in the bar or in the common space. I think the door must be sound proof. It was a little loud outside so we shut our window but with the fan in the room the room was a perfect temperature. The prison tour they offer was great and well worth it. I would stay here again.

Uber alternative bar and hostel run by friendly hipsters. Big common room but I found it not too social as everyone is spread out and keeps to themselves. Organised activity in the common room may help e.g. drinking games, board games or a dinner.Quite a small hostel and the toilets are a long walk from the rooms if you need to take a late night leak (but they are constantly cleaned). I do not recommend the pub crawl, better organising a small group with some bar reccomendations.

Great location, friendly staff, absolutely recommended!

• 5th Aug 2015
  • Hungary

Nice place to stay, good there is a bar adjacent to the hostel, though it is not that easy to socialise as I excpected. Hostel staff is very kind and helpful, the bar staff not so. It's a bit confusing when to take which way to go in and out of the hostel depending on time of the day. Was clean, also the showers, though they were a bit smelly. Would recommend it.

No complaints expect security. I was given the key to another persons locker (full of electronics etc) upon arrival and I saw it happen to another person in my room. It did not give me much faith in the staff unfortunately. Don't advertise the facility of you aren't going to monitor it. Glad I got out of there with all my belongings!

This hostel is wonderful. The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful. The location is perfect, right in the middle of old town. There is a great common area and bar as well as kitchen facilities. Would highly recommend this hostel, great value for money.

It may be noisy by the crowd outside or the music of club. My sleeping was disturbed.

95% beds were booked by 1 group of people, so it was really, really unsociable. It was a pain to ring the doorbell every time we want to come in instead of other hostels where you can swipe card. I had to pay in cash which really annoyed me because they wouldn't take card because of "bank issues". The beds were super wobbly and creaky. Also my booking confirmation said breakfast at the hostel was available for €3 but when I checked in they told me just to go to the supermarket.

I had a good stay here. Everything was pretty nice.

Loved this hostel. Great location and staff. Unusual decor which gives it great character. Across from a supermarket which is handy. The Soviet prison tour is well worth doing. Staff members were all great. Helpful and friendly. Dorms had enough space and plenty plug sockets. I would definitely stay here again.

This is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in! The staf was really friendly, everything was clean, and the location was great. What I especially liked about this hostel was the bar it had attached to it, this was very convenient. There were always lots of people in the bar and there was a good atmosphere in both the bar and the common room, making it very easy to meet people.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5