Red Emperor Hostel Reviews

Aia 10, Tallinn, Estonia

The best staff and the atmosphere is adequate... really close to the old town and the ferry`s port. However I need to mention that you need more facilities, such as spots in your room to plug in your laptop, mobile or whatever; in addition the hostel needs more bathrooms... nevertheless, it is a really good option.

The staff very friendly, the atmosphere in the hostel kindly, I recommend this hostel to everyone.

The best party hostel in Tallinn. Rock and Roll!!

The hostel had loads of character and atmosphere, elements that were missing from most the other hostels we stayed in on our trip. Bar downstairs was good for socialising and the location was perfect for nightlife and sightseeing in the day. We ended up staying longer than planned!

• 25th Mar 2014
  • Hungary

So much fun... Awesome hostel... Awesome people ! Highly recommend

• 24th Mar 2014

The hostel was great ! Good location just in Old Town which meant that everything was close. The staff was very helpful and fun ! The bar area had a cool skating ramp, pool tables, plus other games etc which made the stay even better ! I would recommend this hostel to anyone ! Even if you are travelling by yourself the staff makes you feel right at home ! Thanks guys for making my stay awesome !

Overall, I'm totally satisfied, the location is great, the staff really helpful and knows a lot of stuff!

Hostel was awesome. From the staff to the bar in the hostel, it was a great time. Went for a CS event so about half the place was filled with CSers.

Good hostel. Just one thing: in order to take shower we have to go across the public room, which is a little bit inconvenient. The shower room needs privacy.

awesome events in the bar, skate ramp competition, concerts!

• 24th Feb 2014
  • Scotland

Good hostel, great bar, common room. Little small is the only criticism plus one weird (slightly racist) staff member but not sure is hes still around.

awesome hostel for a very good price, great staff!!, very nice atmosphere especially with the living room, lots of cool beards ;) and a very good location

• 30th Jan 2014

Hostel has a great place within the city, but its not a hostel for everyone.. The kitchen is closed(!) after 11 PM and you cant do anything about it.. The staff is not always too nice to you. For example, a guy, who called everyone ''Hey, nigga'' Im surprised someone like that works there.. There is a bar right next to hostel, which is quite nice actually.. Overall, a nice hostel, but I dont feel like its a place for backpackers.. Good for student parties.

A nice place and great staff. Great location for looking around the old town. The hostel has it's own bar and also right next to a good restaurant. I think this would appeal to people especially in the age range 18-30ish. Great value for money.

I would definitely recommend this hostel to everyone! It has everything you need for a pleasant stay in Tallinn. At first I thought it would be one of those noisy party hostels where you can't get any rest, but unlike any other hostel I've ever been to, you can party at the bar and when you feel tired just go to the hostel and you'll find it completely peaceful! Besides, the staff is amazing and will help you in any way they can!

A nice hostel for young people who want to be near to the heart of the Old Town and make fun the night. The hostel owms a bar which is not mixed with the guests of the hostel but allows to enjoy some nights at Tallinn.

• 10th Jan 2014

Amazing hostel...bathrooms can be a bit better.. Thaks for everything!

This was a great hostel! One of our favourites! Super easy to meet people, great bar (with something different on each night), good bathroom facilities, awesome location, good recommendations for activities, nice staff. This is a good hostel to party if you want to, but you can get sleep too - our room was the closest room to the bar but we couldn't hear anything! Only negatives: the prison tour in the afternoons can be unreliable and no lockers in the rooms for your suitcase.

• 7th Jan 2014
  • New Zealand

Room were terrible! No ventilation what so ever, woke up with a headache and sore throat every morning due to breathing the same humid air all night. Would not surprise me if there is mold above the ceiling. The fire alarm went off in the whole building in the middle of the night due to our room being "too warm", as there was no ventilation. Never really sure which entrance to use. Only 3 toilets from what I could see, which seems as a bit too little given the size of the hostel.

I really enjoyed my time here. The staff (especially Luke) were really friendly & very helpful! The owner Craig was very down to earth and very approachable. I'm definitely staying here again next time I'm in Tallinn! Cheers guys!

• 4th Jan 2014