Red Emperor Hostel Reviews

Aia 10, Tallinn, Estonia

This is without a doubt the place to stay in Tallinn!! The location is prime and walking distance to everything. The hostel also organises heaps of activities during the day and night. But most of all the standout was the staff! A bunch of absolute legends, especially Luke, Dylan and Yanush give them a pay rise!!

• 16th Jul 2014
  • Wales

This place is awesome! The staff are what make your stay great, and these guys rock. Cleo, Aoife, Sean, Luke and the rest, as welcoming a bunch as you will find. Great fun had every night. Would definitely hope to return again before too long.

This hostel is one of the best I've stayed in. Near the center of old town reds provides and atmosphere that cannot be beat, from the painting on the walls done by a worker there to the bar attached where the party happens. But don't worry about noise because the rooms are soundproof! It's hard to fault the hostel without getting nit picky. It's what you want it to be, a party hostel with a laid back common room. A must stay, shout out to Sean.

• 14th Jul 2014

Nice hostel, located near the old town, and close to bus stop to the airport and close to ferry terminals. Staff is really nice and stay here was pleasant. Some shelf in the shower cabins for cosmetics or clothes may help the guests to do their thing.

Great location, nice common room and kitchen! Recommended!

Everything was great! You have an amazing place and the staff was really nice. We really enjoyed staying there. You rock!

Hello we are 2 frenches visiting tallinn for 3 days. Red emperor hostel was perfect. Staff very friendly and helpful. hostel well situated in old city. We got good infos there for a trip outside of city. We spend excellent time at night here. The hostel is clean. We recommend this hostel in Tallinn.

• 8th Jul 2014

The hostel's location was stupendous! Near the old town and in front of a supermarket! It was always very clean! Every 5 minutes they clean the common areas! Large wc's, and with the extra of clean towels every day! Excelent crew - Luke, Markko, Aoife, Lisa, James..!! Everyday they have different things to do in Tallinn. All of them talk very good English, they have different nationalities, with different roots and it was very good to talk with them!They also have a good bar to spend some time!

• 4th Jul 2014
  • Portugal

Really great place to stay. Ideal location, close to the old town and in a quiet off street private courtyard. Staff were very very friendly and so helpful. Bar next door is good fun and a great place to meet fellow travellers. I will definitely stay again.

• 4th Jul 2014

I highly recommend this hostel after spending almost a week in Tallin recently. All the staff were exceptionally friendly & helpful; cheers to Liz & Dillon who always went out of thier way to help :) Great for solo travellers as it is a smallish hostel with fantastic atmosphere & great common room. Attached bar is awesome & whilst there is a bit of a party vibe, the rooms are quiet for sleeping. Very clean & hostel is close to all attractions. LOVED my stay at REDS :)

This was an amazing place to stay. Very down to earth staff eager to help you out in any way. The atmosphere in the bar was great every night with plenty entertainment like karaoke, pool, beer pong etc. and very reasonable bar prices. It is very close to a supermarket and has a very nice open social area to cook in. The decor is incredible with artwork on all the walls. Overall 10/10 cracking visit. Shoutout to Sean, Luke, Yan and Aoife for their outstanding hospitality and hard work!

• 27th Jun 2014

Great hostel! The staff are really cool and helpful, there's a cosy atmosphere, they have free coffee and tea in the kitchen, wifi is good in the common room, computers available for use, they're quite serious about decorations, they have lots of lockers, there's a bar, many parties and events are organised, 24-hour reception. Only slight disadvantage: they're all the way on the edge of the old town. You going to Tallinn? (good idea, btw) then sleep at Red Emperor!

• 22nd Jun 2014

Loved the laid back atmosphere.

• 19th Jun 2014
  • Croatia

Hands down the best hostel I've stayed at in a long time. Great staff, friendly atmosphere, super happy-half hour, and loads of fun. A friend and I had come across the place in the past while staying in a different hostel, and had wished we had stayed there instead. Now after staying I can say that wish was correct.

The Best Staff and Hostel experience of my life! Luke aka mini beard. Sean the McChef and Yanushka!! Really amazing people and they were always working or cleaning doing something. The Hostel of Emperors Red I will be headed back here for many years following.

Staff is awesome. They are always working hard. Sleeping bunks were solid and comfortable. Great vibe and good atmosphere.

One month into my trip and this has been my favorite hostel so far! You can tell the owner really cares. The staff were so awesome and friendly. Great specials on drinks and amazing kitchen!! Also right beside a supermarket. Great atmosphere and I would definitely come back to this hostel.

it was AWESOME! the guys I met are the best. It's so clean, I would have liked to eat from the ground. After showering/using bathroom someone came quickly and cleaned after you. The people are extremely friendly and I had a great time with the mexican dinner, open mic night and the karaoke in the bar next to the hostel. Location is super, right next to the city gates of the old town and I felt really save there. Good job, I liked it so much!! :)))

great spot, awesome staff

• 28th May 2014

I was slightly skeptical when we had to enter through the hostel's bar, but they really blew my expectations out of the water. The staff here was incredible helpful, it was a really comfortable hostel, and I couldn't even hear that there was a bar at the end of the hall. I'd recommend this hostel to anyone!

« first « Prev 1 2 3