Red Hostel Montevideo Reviews

San Jose 1406 (Corner Santiago de Chile), Montevideo, Uruguay

Our stay at Red Hostel unfortunately was not very nice. Most of the stuff were great but we shared with one hostel worker a room who kept a small cat which was very smelly. We told her to take its loo outside but still it smelled pretty bad in the room plus the cat was jumping in our beds which is not ok. Even for a hostel we should have been informed in advance about animals staying in the same room.

The hostel was fine, but i've booked a 8 bed room with air conditioning and was given to me a 12 bed room without air conditioning, a have no problems with it , but i didn't like it. Breakfast was always late too and very poor, the rest was fine, good staff and atmosphere.

I was only there for one.noght before heading to another part of Uruguay, but the female receptionist was extremely friendly and helped me find the most convenient place to get money sent electronically from the US (the bus station). They also had choripan served for dinner and it was great! Breakfast was typical, but satisfying. The roof was nice at night, but could use a few more lights. The bathrooms were also nice.

I thought the bedroom a bit dirty and the blong girl at the reception quite lost about everything although very friendly. What I liked most was the lounge and the new bathrooms. However, there is only one bedroom with air conditioning and they don't mention that when you book at the site. The pizza party was also one of the highlights of the stay.

I loved it !! Pretty good hostel.