Red Inn Heritage Reviews

No.15,Love Lane, Georgetown, Penang, Malaysia

We enjoyed the hostel. The location is great, the common room is nice, and the rooms are basic but good value for the price. But we asked where is the airport bus and the guys in reception told us to wait outside 7 11, but it's the wrong place! We waited half an hour and nothing came for the airport so we had to take a taxi! It's important to know where is the airport bus, I can't believe the guy in reception don't know where is the bus.

• 3rd Feb 2016
  • Scotland

Great location on Love Lane. No lockers in the rooms so security isn't great but everything was clean. There's a basic breakfast (bread, jam, bananas, watermelon) which is free every morning. The staff are all friendly although I had mixed experiences (depending on which staff member I asked) about how knowledgeable they were about the area, directions etc. They have maps, and they sell basic drinks and snacks, and there's a book exchange, free coffee all day, a fridge for your own food, sofas.

I stayed in a single private room with air-con and window for RM35/night. The room is on level 1 and the sound insulation wasn't so good, could hear people talking in the room next door. There was one single bed and a small table in the room. Bathroom was big and new. I would say there must be many other hostels in Penang that is better than this, but it would probably be the cheapest single private room you can find.