Red Inn Heritage Reviews

No.15,Love Lane, Georgetown, Penang, Malaysia

I really enjoyed my time at this hostel. It was clean and the staff were lovely and friendly. It was a great value for money!

• 28th Apr 2015

Good breakfast, but rooms did not include towels and the staff were friendly and helpful, although one told us the wrong place to get the bus to Penang hill, so we waited there for half an hour, gave up, and the next day was told you had to get the bus from another area of town.

Let me start with this place is cheap and a good option for a night in Penang if you don't want to splash out. Ok bad points .... I met 3 of the staff, 1 lady upon check in who was the most miserable unhelpful of staff I have come across yet on my trip. Another lady maybe the manger ,who is great and super friendly/helpful. Then the guy... He was friendly however we asked him to book us a taxi to the airport TWICE at 3pm... 3.20 arrives and I ask about the taxi .. He hadn't even called it!!!

One toilet and two showers are shared between the residents. Free breakfast every morning!

• 12th Mar 2015

I'd recommend anyone to stay here. Location and facilities are excellent and the place is spotless. Only problem I had was I didn't find the staff particularly welcoming or helpful. Had a problem with laundry where they didn't arrange one of our bags to be washed. Instead of consulting with her colleague who made the mistake, one member of staff chose to deny any responsibility of the hostel and claimed we left it there and all the fault was on us. but, staff aside I would recommend it.

The Room was terrible for me. Very small. No Window for daylight, instead a small window to the hall way with 24h flickering lights. Room contained just 2 beds and an ac. There was a disturbing sound the whole night from somewhere else. For me it was not nice at all, for my friend it was ok. The house in generell is really nice.