Red Inn Heritage Reviews

No.15,Love Lane, Georgetown, Penang, Malaysia

I understand turn over of staff may be a problem with the Industry but the incompetency of the staff and lack of common sense and manners is really going to ruin this Hostel.

Dorm was tiny with no window, no lockers and only one power socket, but the beds are comfy. Showers are okay too, and wifi and AC were excellent.

The receptionist and all the staff were super nice! The location was right in the middle of George Town, it's convenient for us to go sightseeing yet quiet enough at night for us to have a good night sleep. One of the night the air-con didn't work well and the room was so hot that it woke me up, but the staff woke up and tried to fix it for us, so I'm not complaining.

• 8th Jun 2014
  • Hong Kong

First of all the larger dorm room is not where you go to check in nor is there any distinct sign of where the other location is. I paid for a 16 bed room dorm and when I arrived it was a 20 dorm bed. I was on the bottom bunk so I couldn't feel the fan and it was extremely hot. I paid a whole lot more for an air con room and it was still uncomfortable and stuffy.

beautiful, clean hostel close to attractions with a great atmosphere.

The location was great, the staff were lovely, everything was clean and the showers were excellent. My only problem was that the fans in the large dorm do absolutely nothing, so it was very hot and stuffy and I couldn't sleep at all.

We arrived and we didnt have our beds, so they put 2 matresses on the floor next to the other beds... they didnt have towels for us or security box because everything was full...

Nice hostel, ok staff. I asked about a bus ticket and even though they advertise booking tickets for you, i ended up walking to the bus station and book my tickets there. Dorm was great, best matress i had in Malaysia, even with air condition. Light breakfast is also included, which i liked very much. So far a really good hostel.

the staffs are friendly and I love the clean free towel there. The main building has a great breakfast but the other building's breakfast is poor. Unfortunately I stayed on that other building, I tasted the coffee and it taste weird. Overall it's quite good for me.

• 15th May 2014
  • Indonesia

A great deal for the money we paid. The breakfast was tasty: rice, watermelon, papaya, toast, and jam. Coffee and tea available all day. The shower was amazing! Nice and warm and a huge, awesome shower head. The common area had a large TV with couches for just relaxing in the hot afternoon. I didn't see any bugs anywhere and I felt safe enough to just leave my bags in the room.

• 11th May 2014

Great place, clean, good location, nice people, comfortable beds. There is also air con in the 6 bed and 4 bed dorms.

No lockers in the 4 bed dorm, but the beds and showers are the best ive seen so far

Valuable for the cost you've paid. There's a guard at reception 24 hours. They're kind and can answer you almost everything how to hop on, where to eat in Penang. Great!

overall is good , i don't mind sleep in fan room, but maybe the ceiling fan need to have more powerful?

Really good location. If u are in the 24 bed dorm you are in another building but it's on the same street as they others. Tea, coffees and water available all day which is nice. The guy working there is really helpful as well. Overall a good stay.

This is a clean place in a good location. It's amazingly cheap, too. The staff are quite friendly and they helped with food recommendations. My one suggestion for the staff is, if you have an African/African-American/Black guest, please don't ask to touch or try to touch his or her hair. It's actually really rude.

Nice hostel, everyone theres really friendly. Just make sure you know what your paying for as we had a little mix up with money. Was all sorted fine though! Clean. Only downside is there was no aircon and was so hot! But its a new building still being done, 3 red inns on same road and you get free breakfast at one. Good atmosphere an hawkers market nearby. Good transport all close too.

Safe to say, this hostel has the best showers in Asia (and they're hot!). We were in the 6 bed, very comfortable. Joe was very friendly and there was 24hour free coffee, tea and water.

Very nice place! Easy to meet people and free breakfast. Know that the 24 bed dorm is in another building and is not including the breakfast, but you can still use the computers/tv at the actual red inn heritage, would stay again!

Be warned if you book a 24bed dorm you won't be in red inn heritage you'll be sent to "an extension" down the road, a building with nothing in but the dorm. Toilets and showers always dirty and soaking wet. No aircon and 2 ceiling fans did nothing. Mouse ran over my bed. Moved to a 4bed dorm in main building the next day. Rooms better and toilets showers cleaner. Stay upstairs if poss. Big common area but no atmosphere. Female reception staff rude. Can't deny excellent location though.