Red Inn Heritage Reviews

No.15,Love Lane, Georgetown, Penang, Malaysia

Pictures don't match with reality. Too expensive for the private room that we stayed in.

• 14th Aug 2014
  • Spain

Stayed in the 20-bed room. Please note that the room is located in another Red Inn building (No. 56, not No. 15). Staff members were great, especially Eddie, such a cool guy! Location was the best part. It's close to the bus stop (including Komtar), bars, pubs, and coffee shops. Very convenient! The room and toilets were mostly clean when I was there. WiFi was slow, but I was fine with it. Please bring a mosquito repellent if you can. If you wanna meet new people, this is also a right place.

• 28th Jul 2014
  • Malaysia

I understand turn over of staff may be a problem with the Industry but the incompetency of the staff and lack of common sense and manners is really going to ruin this Hostel.

Dorm was tiny with no window, no lockers and only one power socket, but the beds are comfy. Showers are okay too, and wifi and AC were excellent.

The receptionist and all the staff were super nice! The location was right in the middle of George Town, it's convenient for us to go sightseeing yet quiet enough at night for us to have a good night sleep. One of the night the air-con didn't work well and the room was so hot that it woke me up, but the staff woke up and tried to fix it for us, so I'm not complaining.

• 8th Jun 2014
  • Hong Kong

First of all the larger dorm room is not where you go to check in nor is there any distinct sign of where the other location is. I paid for a 16 bed room dorm and when I arrived it was a 20 dorm bed. I was on the bottom bunk so I couldn't feel the fan and it was extremely hot. I paid a whole lot more for an air con room and it was still uncomfortable and stuffy.

beautiful, clean hostel close to attractions with a great atmosphere.

The location was great, the staff were lovely, everything was clean and the showers were excellent. My only problem was that the fans in the large dorm do absolutely nothing, so it was very hot and stuffy and I couldn't sleep at all.

We arrived and we didnt have our beds, so they put 2 matresses on the floor next to the other beds... they didnt have towels for us or security box because everything was full...

Nice hostel, ok staff. I asked about a bus ticket and even though they advertise booking tickets for you, i ended up walking to the bus station and book my tickets there. Dorm was great, best matress i had in Malaysia, even with air condition. Light breakfast is also included, which i liked very much. So far a really good hostel.

the staffs are friendly and I love the clean free towel there. The main building has a great breakfast but the other building's breakfast is poor. Unfortunately I stayed on that other building, I tasted the coffee and it taste weird. Overall it's quite good for me.

• 15th May 2014
  • Indonesia

A great deal for the money we paid. The breakfast was tasty: rice, watermelon, papaya, toast, and jam. Coffee and tea available all day. The shower was amazing! Nice and warm and a huge, awesome shower head. The common area had a large TV with couches for just relaxing in the hot afternoon. I didn't see any bugs anywhere and I felt safe enough to just leave my bags in the room.

• 11th May 2014

Great place, clean, good location, nice people, comfortable beds. There is also air con in the 6 bed and 4 bed dorms.

We didnt get the room we reserved. It was the one across the road with different number of beds. It looked clean overall but I saw something crawl between the bunks. It was the size of a rat but didnt clearly see what it was.