Red Lantern House Reviews

No.5 Zhengjue Hutong, Xinjie Kou, Xicheng District, Beijing, China

I'm really satisfied with spending 2 nights in Red Lantern, nice and clean, especcially great atmosphere in the evening, staff speak english well and willing to help you with any questions you have. Recommend!

• 18th Jun 2015
  • Belarus

The location is great, right in the middle of the hutong. The beds and the facilities are also good. All in all, the hostel is ok, you can feel it is family owned, even though the staff is not the friendliest one.

Great hostel! Really good location along one of Beijing's old alleyways. The hostel offered a Great Wall trip, which was well worth the money. Highly recommend this place.

Overall a very pleasant stay for me. Love the comfy courtyard/communal area. Very uniquely decorated house and room and the place provides a carefree feel.

Top marks for atmosphere in this family-run hostel cos you feel right at home (their home) here. Clean and cosy rooms and the showers and toilets are big and there are lots of sinks. The staff is really friendly and lets you use the computers if you need them and they offer meals too. The pets also add to the feel of the place. It is in a fantastic location of town and great for exploring the nearby lakes.

À really nice and beautiful hostel in one of the best original hutong in Beijing( well I think) In the hutong you can eat till late and is cheap as well.

The pretty courtyard here was great, and the helpful staff spoke excellent English. We actually liked the atmosphere at the other annex where we checked in a little better, though. The location was fun among the twisting hutong alleys of Beijing. On the negative side, the decor was outdated in our room, and we didn't like the open shower (although the bathroom was kept nicely clean since staff mopped up the water that didn't drain from the bathroom floor).

Centrally situated, easily accessible to most attractions. The living room is fascinatingly decorated in full colours and designs. Bathing and room facilities are comfortable to use. Staff with service mind can be assistive and informative. The place is situated in a nice and peaceful Hutong away from city atmosphere. I do like this place.

Wonderful environment! Good location in the Hutongs and near Houhai. The staff are also very helpful and speak English. We loved it here!

it is a little cold when I was in there,but in the bedroom, they provide a heater ,that was very useful. but I still wish they can make the public space more warmer, because we would like to chat there without a coat or a blanket.

I had an excellent stay here. All the travelers were wonderful and the common room was great for hanging out in (even if it was a bit cold). The rooms were kept warm and the showers were very nice. The hostel also had some great travel opportunities and the hot pot experience was awesome! I'm really glad I stayed here.

Hello, We stayed there only one night but we should have stay more. The atmosphere and decoration is great, typically what we were looking for. Staff is nice and helpfull. Nothing bad to say about. Thanks. Jimmy

The location is very good. Nice room but it was cold in the night.

Thank you for your nice comments about our hostel and we will try our best to make Red Lantern House even better. We also would like to wish you all the best in the new year.

Arrived Beijing late so I opted for pick-up.The driver whom I think was also the owner was very friendly & waited for me while I settled my atm card issues.I was also given an option for a free upgrade (room with en-suite bathroom at east building) but I opted for the room that I've reserved instead (at main building).The room (at main building) gets cold in winter so they had a portable heater for me.The shared toilets & bathrooms was also very clean & hot shower works fine :) THANK YOU RLH!~

Really cool looking hostel with very friendly and helpful staff. The atmosphere felt very home-y and comforting-- loved it! I] The hostel is about a 10 min walk to the nearest subway station, so we could have been closer. But overall I would recommend this place and would probably come back again! :)

• 6th Jan 2015