• No.5 Zhengjue Hutong, Xinjie Kou, Xicheng District, Beijing, China
9.0
Superb 1,365 Total Reviews
9.0
Superb 1,365 Total Reviews
Red Lantern House Located at No.5 Zhengjue Hutong, Xinjie Kou, Xicheng District, Beijing.
China
Beijing 100035 No.5 Zhengjue Hutong, Xinjie Kou, Xicheng District
90% 1365
39.9401461 116.3747406
    Rooms available

• Ireland, Male, 25-30
14th Jun 2016

I really enjoyed my stay at Red Lantern House, specially because of the Atmosphere. It has a big hall in the middle of the hostel where everybody get together. The decoration and the sounds are very relaxing. They have a lot of golden fish and some comfortable seats. We stayed in a room for 4 and it was big enough for us. Maybe there are some small things that could be improved, like the sheets and covers (I found a lot of women hair in mine). The bathrooms should have a locker.

9th Jun 2016

Friendly and helpful staff! Love the atmosphere and very comfortable.

• USA, Female, 18-24
8th Jun 2016

At the Red Lantern Hostel there is a beautiful lobby/lounge area as well as quaint comfortable rooms. The atmosphere of the Red Lantern Hostel goes beyond expectations for the price. The rooms were clean and the staff were helpful. We were a group of 8 and the staff ensured we were all in the same room. Cheap beverages & souvenirs available

• USA, Mixed Group, 25-30
8th Jun 2016

Character filled hostel located among a hutong. Not the centrally most located place, but still a very good one and 10 minute walk to a metro station. Staff was helpful. Good Western breakfast.

31st May 2016

i very like the place , they helped me so much the breakfast is very good , the reception girl was extremly helpful , booking me plane tickets , high speed train tickets . calling me taxi .giving me lots of information about everything , they speak very good English . I would stay here again ,

• USA, Female, 25-30
18th May 2016

I loved it here! I felt safe and it's close to a lot of beautiful places to visit.

16th May 2016

It is about 15 minutes walk from the nearest metro station. Very nice common area!

• England, Couple, 18-24
3rd May 2016
7.7

My partner and I stayed in a double bed ensuite at Red Lantern Hostel. It was fairly basic, but it met all of our needs: the staff were friendly and helpful; it was well located; reasonably quiet; safe and clean. Unfortunately, there was no kettle, but my partner was pretty chuffed that there was a decent hairdryer! We would certainly recommend it.

2nd May 2016

This place is located in an old house on a regular, not touristy hutong, about 15 min. walk west of Houhai. 10 min. east of the subway station. Funky place with indoor koi pond, kind of noisy--my room was separated from the dining area by thin glass windows and also received street noise quite early in the morning. So probably not best for light sleepers, otherwise fine. Helpful staff.

• USA, Couple, 18-24
30th Apr 2016

We loved staying at this hostel! We actually booked more nights with the staff directly because we loved it so much! It is in a great local area in Beijing, the hutong it is located in is so awesome, and it is close to three different metro stops so you can get anywhere in the city! The staff are so friendly and knowledgeable. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone who wants to have an authentic experience in the old, historic area of Beijing!