Red Llama Eco Hostel

8.8
Fabulous 534 Total Reviews

• England, Male, 18-24
17th May 2017

Perfectly decent hostel, good; beds, showers, breakfast and Internet. Great receptionist though, lots of fun!!

Dear Traveler. We appreciate your comments about our hotel. It makes us feel proud to cater to the needs of our customers in the best way we can. If you are coming back again, do not hesitate to call us.

15th May 2017
5.7

The place is well located, but there is no atmosphere into this hostel. Moreover the staff seems not to really enjoying being there... And at last and not the least, it's not clean enough...we found beard and soil steps on our first day in the private room. All this, make me think that is overpriced for the place. Only two strengths are location and maybe breakfast including scrambled eggs and fresh fruits.

We thank you for taking the time to provide us with an evaluation of your stay. I'm so sorry to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations, but we are a bit surprised about your comments from our staff behavior because they usually get good reviews and do the best for making our guests enjoy their stay. The same happens about the cleanliness, but in this case, we will let it know to the staff afected. Regards!

9th May 2017

Great location in Miraflores, closeby, but in a quiet street. Good wifi and breakfast. My mattress was a terrible boxsprings, I could pretty much feel every single spring, but other mattresses seemed fine.

Dear guest, we thank you for taking the time to provide us with an evaluation of your stay. I'm so sorry to hear that your mattress was not enough comfortable, but thank you again for let us know this issue in order to improve our service.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
2nd May 2017

Great and quiet location in Miraflores. Interesting decor, not sure if the Eco themed rooms are the only Eco aspect they have going on for them as they claim to be a greener facility. Overall decent spread for breakfast. Shared bathrooms could be cleaner. I would recommend if you're not into the party scene in Lima.

Thank you for leaving us a comment, dear guest. We know we still have to do more things in order to become a "real" eco hostel but we are trying to reflect the green concept not only in the decor but in the less use of electricty( the hot water runs with gas instead of electricity), the water system has tanks that use less water than the normal and also we have a recycle area. We are in the process to keep improving more things related to the eco concept, but thanks again for the comment!

29th Apr 2017

The staff were incredible helpful and friendly, and spoke English. The lockers in the dorms were so small that only a small pack pack could fit, but the front door was always locked and required buzzing in which helped me feel more secure. The staff helped me to arrange airport transfers and also helped me to find a clinic to get my yellow fever vaccine. The staff are amazing. The location is great. The dorms are pretty cramped though when all beds are full.

Dear Customer. Thanks for giving us a review. I am sure that all of our hotel staff enjoyed catering to your needs as much as you enjoyed your stay. Beware!

• England, Female, 25-30
28th Apr 2017
8.0

The staff at Red Psycho Llama have been great. This is my second time at the hostel, and though there was some office confusion with dates, they did their best to help me as much as possible - including waking me up for a bus I'd missed and making sure I got on it! The breakfast is really tasty, but the hostel lacks atmosphere compared to others - I think this is because a lot of people use Lima as a jumping point and those looking to socialise go to a party hostel. Would stay again.

Dear Customer. Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us. I am so glad to hear that our staff made your stay enjoyable. You can follow us on our Facebook for promos that you might be interested in. We hope to see you soon.

• USA, Female, 25-30
27th Apr 2017

Great vibe and super location. I took advantage of the airport transfer which was very convenient. The staff was always nice, and they had 24/7 reception so it felt very secure. Only negatives were that they forgot to give me a pillow and my bed sheets were quite dirty, and they left the same sheets on the whole time even though they made the bed. Also there are no lockers or luggage storage at all as noted in the listing. Rooftop and roof bar were awesome! Would definitely stay again.

Dear Customer. I appreciate your comments about our hotel. It makes us feel proud to cater to the needs of our customers in the best way we can. Although, we feel sorry about the inconvenient with the sheets. This surprise us because we always change the sheets and covers of the beds everytime our customers leave. Hope to see you again!

• Netherlands, Male, 41+
26th Apr 2017

I especially loved the friendly, always smiling girls from the staff (and the rooftop terrace) :)

19th Apr 2017

I loved this hostal. Lots of places to sit and chill or socialise. Nice ensuite dorms. Clean. Not cramped and good hot showers. Great location. Lovely staff. Free drinking water which is unusual for Peru

Thank you for leaving us a review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay here!

18th Apr 2017
8.0

This is a nice hostel in an excellent location. The rooms are a bit small but fine. Bathrooms are clean. Breakfast is excellent and varies each day. There was a mix up day 1 where my belongings were moved to a different bed by staff when another guest checked in but this was resolved on day 2. Rooftop terrace is lovely!

Thank you for writing a comment about our hostel. We are happy you enjoyed your stay here and the mix up had been resolved quickly.