Red Nest Hostel Valencia Reviews

Calle Paz 36, Valencia, Spain

I wasn't crazy about this place, especially considering it was the #1 rated hostel in Valencia on this site. The facilities weren't very well kept, and the staff seemed uninterested in their clientele. I was pretty uncomfortable with our walking tour guide Eduardo who spent most of the tour cat calling women on the street and asking us very personal questions the whole time which made me really uncomfortable. It was very unprofessional and just skeezy. Great location though, so its not all bad.

After reading your comment I felt really disappointed and honestly your words made a big impact on me. I'll find out what it was that failed in our daily work and made you have so negative image us as,your comment is one of the most negative that we have received in 11 years of work. As head reponsable of Red Nest I want to give my sincere apologies and ask u the favor of writing me an email about the things you think went wrong during your stay so we can fix them.

Great location and really helpful staff. No atmosphere, but my be better in peak season. Terrible showers, and very noisy beds.

Hello! Thank you for visiting our hostel! :) We are in a low season now, so that affects a little to the athmosphere, but we do our best to keep all our clients happy and entertained. We have 2 common areas, with tv, billard and a bar and we organize free walking tours and pub crawls. We don't know why you didn't like the showers as they are nice, but we will check your bed and make sure it won't make noise in the future :) We send you warm greetings from Valencia!

great place for solo or groups. Clean with decent wifi and really friendly and helpful staff. Great kitchen if you want to cook and great location if you would rather go out. Would easily stay here again :)

Hey! We want to thank you for your nice comment! It was very nice of you! We wish you a great wintertime and hope to see you again in Red Nest! Take care :)

Very nice employees! I really appreciated being able to use the facilities for the whole day on the day I left. Everything was kept clean.

• 2nd Nov 2014

Hi Jennifer! Thank you so much for your comments, are really helpful, to continue improving in: the Hostel, the activities that we have it, the staff.... We hope to see you again! Kind regards from Valencia :) Red Nest Staff.

Very good central location, easy access to all facilities and the staff were excellent, a great place to stay.

Hi Ashley! First of all, thanks for stay with us in our Hostel and thanks again for your comments in HostelWorld’s website. We are always trying to improve our service: activities, facilities, cleanness, etc… Because we want that our guests feel like at home, visit the city, discover a lot of places and have fun in Valencia! Kind regards. Red Nest Staff.

Beds were hard and uncomfortable.

Hi Adrian, First of all, thanks for stay with us in our Hostel and thanks again for your comments in HostelWorld’s website. We are always trying to improve our service: activities, facilities, cleanness, etc… I have checked with my manager your room and we have decided that if you want to visit us again :) you could choose the room and of course, the bed. We want that our guests feel like at home, visit the city and have fun in Valencia! Kind regards. Red Nest Staff

Great hostel to stay at while in Valencia! Very clean and a big well equipped kitchen! If I came back to Valencia I would stay there again!

Hello! Thank you for visiting us and thank you for your kind words! They made us feel really happy and keep us motivated to continue with our activities and services! All Red Nest Staff wish you a good travelling time!

It is a nice place but you cant get to know each other no interaction between the people

• 21st Sep 2014
  • Israel

Hi Maia! First of all, thanks for stay with us in our Hostel and thanks again for your comments in HostelWorld’s website. We are always trying to improve our service: activities, facilities, cleanness, etc… We have checked your comment adn you could interaction with clients with the all activities that we do, the fantastic common area, the bar, etc... You can email us. Kind regards.

very nice hostel!!!

Hi Helmer! Thank you so much for your comments! Kind regards from Red Nest Staff :)

We had a really good time here! The hostel bar was great value for money and the roof terrace was a great place to hang out and meet people. The staff were really friendly and so helpful and the hostel atmosphere was really good.

Hello :) Thank you for your comment! We hope to see you soon! Regards, Red Nest

I will definitely be back! Very good location and the staff were alway willing to help. The walking tour was very good fun and the pub crawl was amazing. Totally recommended

• 12th Sep 2014

Hi Gianluca! Thank yu so much for your comments :) We are really glad to hear that you had a fun time with Tour Me Out :) We hope to see you again next summer. Kind regards from Red Nest Staff.

Great hostel, great location, great staff and the best pub crawl I've ever done. Love u and miss you crazy tourmeout guys!! See you soon, I'll be back ;-)

• 12th Sep 2014

Hello! Thank you for visiting us and thank you for your kind words! They made us feel really happy and keep us motivated to continue with our activities and services! All Red Nest Staff wishes you a happy summer time and good traveling time!

This hostel is in a great location, staff were always more than willing to help. The kitchen facilities were great, except some ppl wouldn't clean up after themselves. Only negative is that the air conditioning in the whole hostel was terrible- the dorm was so hot

• 9th Sep 2014

Hello, Thank you for your comment! We are sorry the room was hot during your stay, and hope to see you soon, as we have improved the acc's. Regards, Red Nest Staff

Great hostel, great location, I had a good time. Only the WiFi doesn't work inside the room, doesn't really bother me though.

• 6th Sep 2014

Hi Torsten! Thank you so much for your comments, are really helpful for us! We are sorry to hear that the wifi did not work so well. There are some spots in the hostel where the wifi doesn't connect as good as it should, but in the most of the zones it does work well! :) Kind regards from Red Nest Staff

Nice place. Excellent location. Good value. Close to main attractions and metro station.

Hostel very hot inside the room, the air condicionad doesnt work very well, the people on. This hostel. Are mostly hippies and dirty.the room is very big,but very dirty The Toilet is dirty and smell bad. Really i dont understand how This hostel havê so good reviews.

Hello, We're sorry your stay wasn't as you expected, but we're more sorry about knowing that you're considering our guests dirty & "hippie" people, linking both concepts, what's it's something wrong & disrespectful. We're proud of having different kind of people here, no matter where they come from or how they live. If you don't feel comfortable being with backpackers & openminded people from all the world, we recommend you chosing another type of accommodation, not a hostel like the Red Nest.

Pros: - Good location - Good size lockers - Rooms well air-conditioned Cons: - Wifi very poor - only got good connection in the bar - Walking tours not well organised: make sure you go from reception rather than the starting point in the city, as we got left behind! - Bar/common room not great atmosphere: music too loud to talk to each other

Hello! Thank you for your comment. We normally have a 95% of wifi signal in the whole hostel, but sometimes when lots of people try to login at the same time, it gets difficult to have a full signal, we're sorry for that. About the bar: as a bar, we offer drinks & social activities along music. We are aware that people also want a quiet area to meet people, that's why we have 3 more spaces: the kitchen, the terrace & also the chillout room on the 1st floor. You can choose ;) Regards, Red Nest

I had a pretty sensational time at the hostel. The staff was awesome. I can't remember the name of the one girl but she was from Israel and she was an absolute gem. The walking tour was fantastic. The guy (Shawn?) really knew what he was talking about and he wasn't hard on the eyes either ;) I also met a bunch of wonderful people. The terrace and dorm rooms were perfect for that!

Hello! Thank you so much for your nice comments about your stay. It made our day :) Hope to see you soon. Regards, Red Nest Staff

I loved the time I was in hostel. The staff is very efficient and helpful. the location could not be better. the same building that is old has facilities to host it as a good elevator. not enjoyed the quality of communal toilets and heat that makes throughout the building, is too stuffy. Did not like the breakfast that andis sold, has a good cost benefit.

Hello! Thank you for putting a comment on hostelworld. we are happy to know that you had a nice stay at red nest and hope to see you again soon! we understand when you talk about the humidiy in valencia, can be really worm sometimes :) have a great summer! regards, red nest staff

Very sociable hostel, loved the roof terrace bar. Great location.

Hello! Thank you for your comment :) Hope to see you again! Regards, Red Nest Staff

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6