Red Nest Hostel Valencia Reviews

Calle Paz 36, Valencia, Spain

This hostel was great fun, highly recommended

Hola! Thank you for your nice comment! Have a great summer. Regards, Red Nest Staff

Bathrooms were not great.

• 24th Jul 2014

Hello! Thank you for putting a comment on hostelworld and for staying at Red Nest. We don't exactly know what do you mean with "not great", but we work hard having our bathroom facilities as good as possible in all the way (our cleaning staff works mornings and evenings). Hope to see you soon so you can see it :) Best regards, Red Nest Staff

I really liked this hostel. My room was quite big compared to many other hostels, the bathrooms could perhaps be better but at least they were always clean. The location was very good as well, and the staff were very friendly and helpful. What I liked about the hostel was also the bar and the terrace, good places to meet other people. Even though the hostel was rather big, the atmosphere was really nice and good for socializing, so I'll definitely stay there again.

One of the best hostels we've stayed in. Location was perfect, all the staff were very friendly and there's a great bar

So good love this place the guy that works in the bar is the best he's a baller

We stayed for a week in a private room and overall would recommend this hostel. The use of the kitchen was great, although a few more utensils would help, particularly when there's 4 or more groups trying to cook at the same time.

A bit bigger than I was expecting, but the staff were great and it's in perfect location to explore the old town! Would stay again

Hello! Thank you for your nice words about the staff! It's nice knowing that, even we are bigger than what you expected (you're right! we are a big, big family), you would stay again with us :) This means you had a good time and we will love having you here again :) Best regards, Red Nest

The place has a really nice vibe and a great location. Free walking tours were nice, especially on check-out day to fill the space before we had to catch our train.

• 18th Jul 2014

Perfectly located in the City Center, I loved their terrasse in the fifth floor and the dinner which they sell on weekends, good and verry cheap. Facilitys are quite clean. However this AC machine we had in our dorm, didn't work so well. Moore powerpoints specialy nearer to the beds would be great.

Hello! Thank you for your comment and for staying at Red Nest. We are making an effort to make our guest's stay as comfortable as possible, and AC's are really important for that, specially during the summer. Be sure next time you come it will be perfect. About the powerpints, we provide at the reception adaptors and power sockets in case you need them :) Best regards, Red Nest Staff.

One of the best hostels I've stayed at. Great size. Big enough to Meet people but small enough to have a decent atmosphere. The bar on the top floor and terrace is a great meeting place with cheap drinks. The staff are super helpful and can direct you where the best paella is. The street art walking tour was really Informative and fun and the pub crawl was well done. Great stay. Would As a solo traveller would Definitely stay again.

A really cool place in Valencia. Nice pub crawl and pleasant common areas (bar, terrasse, kitchen...) to meet other travellers.

Thank you for you comment! :) Have a great summer! Best regards, Red Nest Staff

Great hostel in a great location. The walking tours through tour me out were great. Well equipped kitchen. The bar was a great place to meet people. Showers weren't always hot but that didn't matter as it was rather hot in Valencia so a cool shower was nice. Air con in the rooms was a huge plus though only 4 power points in a 12 bed dorm. Overall loved it and would stay again.

Dear readers, I must tell you, with every ounce of sincerity my humble being is able to offer you, that experiencing this hotel was for me, one of the most extraordinary thing life has allowed me. Clean, safe, well located and marverlous are just few of the many wonderfulness I can share with those who are to experience one of the most amazing place I've slept. All I can really say, in a few words : a must.

• 13th Jul 2014

It's an okay place. The showers were almost always cold. And it's got that giant, chain hostel feel. It's not one of those hostels where you get to know the staff and has that 'staying at a a mates place' atmosphere. If you like the clubbing scene you'd probably like the atmosphere I guess. The free walking tour is really good though.

Hello, Thank you for putting a comment on Hostelworld :) We would like to know why did you feel this hostel had a "chain hostel feeling", as we think we always do our best to make our guests feel like home (as you can read in other comments). We are like a family (resting and also enjoying partying), and this is what we want you all to feel. We're sorry we couldn't make it in your case, but we hope to see you again so we can change your mind about Nest Hostels :) Red Nest Staff

This place was great. Excellent place to meet other travelers and the bar upstairs was pretty fun. We did the pub crawl and that was a lot of fun as well. The rooms and bathrooms were clean but average overall but what I really liked was this hostel's location and atmosphere.

This was an awesome hostel! Great atmosphere with the bar upstairs and the terrace. Kitchen facilities were super and always clean. The only annoyance was the showers having to activate the water every 20 seconds, and the wifi was terrible, the only clear place for reception was the stairwell. The location of this Hostel is super central, to trains, and attractions

The hostel was pretty clean, had good common areas for the kitchen and bar. The free wifi worked perfectly, which is appreciated. The room was alright (I was in a 6 bunks female room), it had AC and lockers, the only thing that I'd say could be improved would be maybe a bedside mini-shelf and more electrical outlets. The staff was friendly and helpful and the other travelers that I met were also great. I'd come back if I go again to Valencia.

I stayed 2 nights at Red Nest (and apart from the hot weather at night), found the 6 bed dorm comfortable and clean enough. The free walking tours of Old Town and New Town that set off from the hostel were excellent and great way to get introduced to the city. We were on both occasions led by Sonia, who was an absolute legend - an excellent guide who was funny, gave excellent tips for food and other things, and also partied with the group on the pub crawls.

• 9th Jul 2014

Great location and the staff is amazing. Loved this hostel.

Good hostel but the rooms weren't super comfy, plastic mattress that slid around and no air con, bathrooms only ok. Still had fun though, great location, fun pub crawl!

• 9th Jul 2014

Hello :) Thank you for your comment! We will do our best to improve the things you are mentioning. About cleanlinness, our cleaning staff works during the mornings and evenings to keep the Red Nest as clean as possible (sometimes difficult with so many people staying here), and the plastic matress is a really effective weapon we use against bedbugs :) Have a nice summer, and thank you again for helping us to improve our service. Red Nest Staff