Red Nest Hostel Valencia Reviews

Calle Paz 36, Valencia, Valencia, Spain

Great hostel, great location lots of cool people too. Best one I have stayed at so far.

Special thanks to the reception!! Staff (mainly brilliant girls) over there are very kind and helpful!

• 8th Jun 2013
  • Hong Kong

Great place! Well located, very accommodating staff, cheap and clean with all the basics -- lockers, wifi, towels if you need them, etc. Would recommend it!

This hostel is clean and comfortable, but if you're after somewhere to meet people and party, this is not it! The bar and outdoor area is amazing, but there's no one there (even weekends). No organised activities (except the standard walking tour) and they refuse to promote the Valencia bar crawl all the other hostels go on because of personal conflicts. The staff were helpful enough, without being overly excitable or friendly which contributes to lack of atmosphere. The wifi is terrible.

I was expecting a much different experience at this hostel. Though the facilities were nice and the staff was super friendly, the atmosphere wasnt very good. The bar was always closed while i was there and backpackers tended not to hang out in the common areas. It is a great place to relax, but as a solo traveller I wasn't impressed. It has a great location near the cathedral. The hostel is on a main street and there is a lot of noise at night.

I just stayed a couple of days but I really enjoyed my stay!!! Loved the location, the city and the vibes in the hostal. I would definitally stay there again on my next visit to Valencia!

Gets a bit loud in the evening when people are getting ready to go out, but otherwise it's a great place to stay

Red nest was a really nice hostel to stay at. The location was really good, just three minutes walk from one of the central plazas by the cathedral. There is a big kitchen/dining area so you always meet people when your making meals, there is always someone to talk to. The staff are all friendly and helpful. Though they didn't organise nights out for the group we met people every day so there was always someone to hang out with. Great value for money!

Perfect location, good facilities and nice rooms, would definitely stay there again! The only small complaint would be that the walls from the rooms to the hallway were somehow very thin, and the noise came clearly through.

This hostel was very clean and in a perfect position. The staff at the reception were super, they really were friendly and nice.What can be improved here is the selecion of the breakfast in the morning; it had little in my opinion and since the money I payed for the stay wasn't little, this is the only huge gap that I expected. It had corn flakes, bread and a few cokkies but I've ssen hostels that served a full breakfast in the hole package deal.

Great location and easy access to metro and bus. Staff friendly and always willing to help and answer questions. Bar was closed all week, which was a little disappointing. Large kitchen and living room and terrace were great places to hang out. I have recommended this hostel to others already.

The hostel was very clean and in a great location. The rooftop was nice, although the bar was closed both nights we were there. They have a washer and dryer for 2 Euros each and I think they were the only hostel on our trip to provide a towel without having to ask/pay. It was a big place and not too many people were hanging out in the common areas. Maybe it was specific to our room, but the bed was incredibly squeaky (heard springs all night). Overall, a good hostel in an awesome city.

The bar was closed for two nights while we were there with no warning due to a school holiday. I would have liked if I was told about this when I was booking. Also the description implies that it is a party hostel but that is definitely not the case as there was nothing organised while I was there, I stayed for a week.

The hostel was really great. My friend and I were in a 12 person room, but because it was the middle of the week and low season, we were the only ones in the room. So yes, great value for what we paid. The breakfast is nothing more than toast and coffee. So if you're like me and like a good breakfast, either go out and get something or make sure you have food to cook in the morning,

The bar was closed numerous days during our stay, meaning there was no social aspect to the hostel and a means to meet other travellers. There were no other events in the hostel to compensate for this unfortunately. Also, during our stay there was a school tour also staying, with dozens of little children running around and screaming. Locks on the shower doors didn't work in many showers. Plugs/sockets in the room didn't work. Wifi only worked intermittently, mainly just in the stairwell.

• 18th May 2013

I strongly recommend this hostel. We were only there for one night, but it was long enough to grow fond of the friendly staff, who made everyone feel very welcome and organised a great night out for all the guests. Our room was clean, the location was muy centrico, the facilities were pretty much exactly what you'd expect... all in all, no problems to report!

Hostel accomodations are ok, but there was a not a so good atmosphere or organized group activities (for example, walking tours and pub crawls) as the others I stayed in during my trip.

I only have positive thoughts about this place ! Reception open 24/24 and very nice staff. The roof top terrace is really a plus and the washroom + kitchen very clean. I would really recommend it !

• 15th May 2013

Very nice place, near to the chatedral and most actractions, with terrace, bar and breakfast included!

Only one problem with the breakfast starting at 8.00AM which is too late. Moreover, the kitchen space is open not before 8AM.