Red Nose Reviews

14 Jana street, Riga, Latvia

The hostal has a great location and the facilities and decent. I had the worst experience of my trip so far and it was with the girl who is manning the desk during the day, she had a really bad attitude and was not helpful at all The way she responded to my emails was inapropriate and once I arrived she was rude to me and on the following day she was not even able to give me reccomendations on what to do or see in the city It was a real shame after the good reviews I read about this place

Good hostel; it is very well located, it is clean, staff are kind and its comfortable enough. Its small and cosy. Recommended.

Perfect location right in the middle of the old city and a 5 min walk from the main bus station. There was only one shower per floor which meant that we had to share one shower with 16 other people. This caused a massive wait in the morning. The hostel doesn't have a common room which makes it hard to meet other travellers . It would also be nice if lockers were free rather than having to pay 50 cents to rent them.

Stayed on 10 mixed dorm. People was quiet so It was good enough. Nice receptionist. Wi-fi also works in the room. Staff was useful enough. Everywhere looks clean. Free tea and coffee. Location is very nice and heart of old town. You are sleeping music from street musicians:) Nice place. Recommended..

Very helpful staff, good location in a beautiful city, quite loud at night though. But was an awesome holiday!

I stayed 3 nights here and the best thing about the place is Dana, on Reception. There really is no common area because the kitchen is the size of a bathroom and its also the hallway to one of the dorm rooms. I paid 45 euros a night for a private room with shared bathroom and the shower was in with the toilet so if someone from two dorm rooms was having a shower that meant one couldn't use the toilet. Poor planning. And worst of all was no towel came with my 45 euro room!!~!~!

Excellent location and nice staff. Clean room. Just one bathroom per floor, but it's very clean.

The hostel itself is in a great location and it is comfy, perfect for basic travelling needs. The staff let it down, staff are rude, unhelpful and struggled to say hello in the mornings. This ruined the atmosphere for what could be a brilliant hostel.