Red Palm Reviews

5, Tengkat Tong Shin, Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I stay in a private room with two of my friends. The room, beds, and sheets are all clean. The bathroom are also nice. The manager was very nice always around for us to ask about food or itinerary recommendation. The location was also very easy to reach from Bukit Bintang Monorail Station. Located only a block away to the famous jalan Alor food street and big shopping malls in Bukit Bintang area.

I've stayed here twice and love this hostel. Staff is very friendly and helpfull. The main/lounge aria is very nice and feels like a living room. One small note: there are two bathrooms and only one has a hot shower. If the hostel is full, you might have to wait your turn (especially during the morning). That being said, I'll definitely visit this place again!

• 19th Jan 2015

The hostel was relatively quiet for my stay with only two other guests staying there on the night I did, if you are looking for a lively party-type atmosphere this might not be the venue for you. On the contrary, if you are looking for a quiet peaceful place for your stay, Red Palm is probably ideal. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly and large lockers are provided for security.

• 14th Jan 2015

The room is cozy and the beds are comfortable. toilet is also clean. value for money great location in bukit bintang. Sofi is a great host. will pop by in the future

• 10th Jan 2015
  • Singapore

Good location and close to the bar street as the hostel is a but to quiet :)

This hostel has a nice homely vibe. Rooms are a bit shabby but clean and comfortable. Not a mozzy or bed bug in sight! Recommended if you want a quiet and peaceful retreat from noisy KL :)

Difficult to find, but in a great location and close to several fantastic places to eat. We stayed in the private room; however, sound carried easily from room to room.

They do not have a signboard, but the directions you get are more than enough. Close to the Pudu sentral busstation and right in the middle of KL tower, Twin towers and Times Square mall. Really good place, would definitely recommend! Great selection of Travelling books in the lounge as well.

Indian next door is amazing! Order roti canai with Dahl!

Staff really friendly and in a great location in the Bintang area. Stayed there on two separate trips to KL. Amazing restaurant next door!

Read the comments and choose this place. We were very happy staying there! When we arrived the Amamzing Race was playing and there are a lot of books and movies in case of any down time. We almost wished we could have stayed just to spend a little more time at this place! Would definitely recomconed the red palm.

• 4th Nov 2014

Very quiet place-definitely not for someone looking to party. Decent breakfast, good location. Smoking is allowed downstairs which is unfortunate. There's also only one bathroom upstairs and the toilet doesn't work too well :( Otherwise, nice!

Pros: 1. Staff were excellent. Sofi was knowledgeable about the history of Malaysia and gave great insight into the best eateries and places to shop. So friendly!!! Citi & Camille was also very helpful. 2. Great Location. This is not a party hostel. 5 minute walk to the bars & malls, then you can return and get a good night's rest. 3. My dorm mates were great Cons: 1. No Red Palm sign. Because the hostel did not have a sign, the location was a little challenging to find.

Very cosy hostel, extremely nice staff!

I enjoyed my 1 week stay here. Your staff are really friendly and helpfull. I love the lobby atmosphere most, so homey. I miss the Korean drama movie night. (^O^)/ will surely come back when I visit KL. Thank you so much.

It was a very good hostel with everything a backpacker needs. I stayed in the six bed dorm and it was very small and therefore crowded, but I guess that's what six bed dorms tend to entail. I liked the lounge area downstairs but it lacked the amazing cold air that the upstairs had, so it was a toss up. Perfect location though and the Indian restaurant next door was amazing. Thank you! Especially for doing our laundry!

Very nice and cozy living room, good location plenty of restaurant with local food, shopping mall within 10 mins walk, but mostly great people that made me feel at home!!

The staff is very friendly, especially Sophie. She will take you running with her in the morning if you ask nicely. If you come on between 2am and 7am, they have to open the door for you, which is a bit of a pain, but they were always there within 10 seconds when I got back late. The free breakfast is toast, fruit and cereal, but hey, it's free! Showers are hot, and the place is very clean. Check out Jalan Alor, the next street over, for great food and night life.

• 18th Aug 2014

Excellent location with many local eateries just down the street and shopping centres less than ten minutes away. Good security. Hard mattresses. Squeaky bedsprings. This isn't really the place to meet people. It seemed quite cliquey and the owners, who live on the premises, appear aloof. A smile and a little small talk can go a long way.

The hostel is nice but it only has one AC. So it could be a little warm.

View all Kuala Lumpur Hostels