Red Psycho Llama Eco Hostel Reviews

Calle Colina 183, Miraflores, Lima, Peru

5 bed dorm is indeed a bit cramped. Only 4 lockers available for 5 beds... and 2 of them not working. Staff is friendly. Beds are comfy enough to give you a good night rest. Roof terrace is really nice. Kitchen basic. Breakfast is fine. Overall had a good stay here, booked 2 nights extra.

Excellent time here - I booked one night but extended my stay to three. Liked: - Side street next to Kennedy park means quiet streets but central location - Decent breakfast that was different each day - Nice helpful staff - Clean facilities - Eco conscious with recycled decorations Dislike: - I arrived at night and the taxi pickup service was not present. Someone helped me call him and sorted things out and everything ended up fine

Great location super close to the main square in Miraflores. Rooms are good and clean. Staff is super helpful and friendly, even made us little breakfast bags when we had to leave before breakfast time one morning. Can help with arranging transportation to/from the airport. Well working wifi. Nice rooftop terrace and yummy breakfast. Would def recommend this place!

This is one of my favorite hostels I've ever stayed in! It's located in a great and safe part of town just walking distance from bars, restaurants, shopping, and the ocean. The best part about this place is the breakfast!! It's legitimately very good- better than any free hostel breakfast I've ever had. If I visit Lima again I will definitely stay here. My only complaint is that some of the rooms are pretty small so 4 or 5 people in a dorm is tight. So much to do in town I was hardly in room.

This is the best hostel I've been to in Peru. +: great atmosphere with the common room, very helpful ND nice staff, best breakfast I have ever had in a hostel (freshly made juice, fesh fruits with a special small breakfast that changes everyday), you an ctually sleep there, 24 hours reception. This is not a party hostel and it's great to meet people when travelling alone. Thanks! - : none. Go there.

Taxi service was nice. Nice staff. Committed to eco-friendly way of life with creative recycling-inspired decorations in each room. Atmosphere was okay but a little dead. Luckily there were some cool people we found on the roof! There is a nice rooftop area for smoking/chatting that became our hangout spot. Breakfast was good with eggs! Great location for checking out Miraflores. Be sure to check out Kennedy Park if you like cats!

Great location in Miraflores. The staff here is outstanding! I left my phone in a cab that I got on through the hostel and they were able to track the phone down and pass it on to a friend who eventually got it back to me. My only complain is one toilet for 10+ people upstairs...other than that, great place to stay, definitely recommend!

The staff was very friendly and helpful with information about Lima, booking taxis, they spoke Engligh, and always had a smile.

Great location & staff, and a roof top terrace for evening drinking! Only 1 bathroom & toilet for several dorm rooms, crazy - that said, showers were hot and decent pressure. Biggest issue was the lack of space in our 5-bed dorm - literally no floor space as the 5th bed had been squeezed in instead - so we were clambering over each other's stuff the whole time & it made it really difficult to get to the bunks! The 4-bed dorm with private bathroom is much more spacious, but pretty pricey too!

Hostel staff were very helpful and friendly. Location is 2 min walk from Kennedy Park. Wifi is fast and the breakfast is decent, not your usual bread roll and eggs and they serve fresh coffee. Hostel was also very clean. Great hostel, and rates even higher against most others in Peru.

Nice hostel, helpful staff, good location. Being on a side street, it seemed quieter than the hostels just off Kennedy park.

What can I say, I stayed for my first 6 days in Lima. And loved it so much I returned on my way back to Chicago. The staff here is among the best you will ever meet, professional, courteous, kind, respectful, but at the same time humorous and full of good tips. This is a chill hostel that has a purpose I've actually learned quite a bit about recycling by reading all the short excerpts on the walls. And plan to recycle more when I get home. And excellent hostel all around, strongly recommended!

Location of the hostel was very nice, however, the room we stayed in was way too small for 5 people with backpacks and there was only one bathroom for 15 people!! Breakfast was decent but we missed eggs :) but overall an good hostel!

Hoping for a fun and social place we were somewhat disappointed but the place is nice and location ok.

Really nice hostel, located very central in a quiet street but only 2 minutes away from Miraflores main shopping street. Little supermarket right next to hostel. Very clean and there was always toilet paper. Breakfast could have been a little more (only 1 and a half bread) but definetely enough to not start the day hungry. Staff was very friendly and helpful. I booked a mixed dorm but as there were free beds in a female dorm, i could switch to this one without extra costs. Would book it again!

Algo de problemas con el agua caliente de la ducha (cuarto Telas), o muy fría o muy caliente, se desperdicia el agua y en una ocasión nomás no pude conseguir agua caliente.

The staff was awesome and the breakfast was really good! Definitely a cool eco-friendly hostel to stay at!

5 bed rooms feel crammed with not enough space for large backpacks.

Great hostel overall. The location is at an incredibly convenient location of Miraflores district, just one short street away from the action yet not so busy that it's noisy. Staff are friendly and helpful. Only gripe is that there's only one bathroom shared by a few rooms, although it wasn't a problem when I was there. I'll be staying back there again when I'm in Lima.

Hi Dear friend. We are glad you like the hostel. We would be happy to receive you again at your return. By the way, most of our rooms have their own bathroom; the common bathroom is only for the two 5 dorms room. If you prefer the next time you can choose an ensuite room for your comfort. See you soon!

Our stay at Red Psycho Llama was excellent. The staff was friendly and the location was incredible. We did have one issue where a staff member walked into our private, locked room in the middle of the night and then realized there was some mistake and just immediately closed it. We found her key still in our door when we got up in the morning, with no explanation.

Hi! Our sincere apologies for that small inconvenient. One of our receptionists told me about this, there was a mistake with the system and she want to confirm if it was free. Next time she will knock for sure! Hope to see you soon!