Red Psycho Llama Eco Hostel Reviews

Calle Colina 183, Miraflores, Lima, Peru

Hostel staff were very helpful and friendly. Location is 2 min walk from Kennedy Park. Wifi is fast and the breakfast is decent, not your usual bread roll and eggs and they serve fresh coffee. Hostel was also very clean. Great hostel, and rates even higher against most others in Peru.

Nice hostel, helpful staff, good location. Being on a side street, it seemed quieter than the hostels just off Kennedy park.

What can I say, I stayed for my first 6 days in Lima. And loved it so much I returned on my way back to Chicago. The staff here is among the best you will ever meet, professional, courteous, kind, respectful, but at the same time humorous and full of good tips. This is a chill hostel that has a purpose I've actually learned quite a bit about recycling by reading all the short excerpts on the walls. And plan to recycle more when I get home. And excellent hostel all around, strongly recommended!

Location of the hostel was very nice, however, the room we stayed in was way too small for 5 people with backpacks and there was only one bathroom for 15 people!! Breakfast was decent but we missed eggs :) but overall an good hostel!

Hoping for a fun and social place we were somewhat disappointed but the place is nice and location ok.

Really nice hostel, located very central in a quiet street but only 2 minutes away from Miraflores main shopping street. Little supermarket right next to hostel. Very clean and there was always toilet paper. Breakfast could have been a little more (only 1 and a half bread) but definetely enough to not start the day hungry. Staff was very friendly and helpful. I booked a mixed dorm but as there were free beds in a female dorm, i could switch to this one without extra costs. Would book it again!

Algo de problemas con el agua caliente de la ducha (cuarto Telas), o muy fría o muy caliente, se desperdicia el agua y en una ocasión nomás no pude conseguir agua caliente.

The staff was awesome and the breakfast was really good! Definitely a cool eco-friendly hostel to stay at!

5 bed rooms feel crammed with not enough space for large backpacks.

Great hostel overall. The location is at an incredibly convenient location of Miraflores district, just one short street away from the action yet not so busy that it's noisy. Staff are friendly and helpful. Only gripe is that there's only one bathroom shared by a few rooms, although it wasn't a problem when I was there. I'll be staying back there again when I'm in Lima.

Hi Dear friend. We are glad you like the hostel. We would be happy to receive you again at your return. By the way, most of our rooms have their own bathroom; the common bathroom is only for the two 5 dorms room. If you prefer the next time you can choose an ensuite room for your comfort. See you soon!

Our stay at Red Psycho Llama was excellent. The staff was friendly and the location was incredible. We did have one issue where a staff member walked into our private, locked room in the middle of the night and then realized there was some mistake and just immediately closed it. We found her key still in our door when we got up in the morning, with no explanation.

Hi! Our sincere apologies for that small inconvenient. One of our receptionists told me about this, there was a mistake with the system and she want to confirm if it was free. Next time she will knock for sure! Hope to see you soon!

Really liked this hostel. It's small and feels like a family. The staff is very helpful and the whole place has a great and relaxed vibe to it.

I really enjoyed my stay at Red Psycho Llama. They had very good customer service. I arrived way before check-in but since my bed was available they let me stay right away which i appreciated after a very long flight. I did not partake of the breakfast because I left early the next day but I can say the bathrooms and room were very clean and the place had a good vibe. Muchas Gracias!

We enjoyed our stay at Red Psycho Llama. The location is great if you're looking to be in Miraflores, and we liked their environmental theme. I wish we'd taken advantage of their nice roof terrace before the last night. The staff was nice and helpful, and the breakfast was good. All-in-all I'd recommend Red Psycho Llama to anyone passing through Lima.

Nice, chilled out hostel. The girls that run the place are really friendly and helpful. Cool rooftop area. They gave us breakfast to take away because we were leaving early. A really cool little place.

Great hostel on a quiet street in miraflores! It's super touristy there but it's an awesome hostel for a couple days on your way in or out of peru.

Wonderful staff and nice vibe at this place. Surprised they don't champion the rooftop terrace more as it's an awesome spot to hang! Terrific location in Miraflores and close to the express bus that goes to both Centro & Barranco for s/2.5. Basic breakfast but full kitchen, good wifi, nice hang time areas and pretty clean. I had my 5 bed dorm to myself for 3/5 nights as it was so quiet there! Unbelievable. A real treat. Would stay here anytime! Gracias!

I really have no complaints for this hostel, staff were so friendly and helpful with everything. :)

Wonderful staff

Great hostel in the middle of miraflores! A bit of a walk,but not too far to a great grocerystore. Staff very helpful with everything you need. Only thing that needs to be improved is that the hostel didnt have any events och activities (at least not what we noticed. Great breakfast!

• 14th Jan 2015