Red Psycho Llama Eco Hostel Reviews

Calle Colina 183, Miraflores, Lima, Peru

Clean hostel with friendly and helpful staff. I would highly recommend,much better than the vast majority of hotels I have used whilst in peru.

The staff is very helpful and friendly and the accommodation lovely designed. I can definitely recommend this accommodation. :-)

Wonderful!!!!

This hostel is amazing. Every person who works there is so smiley cheery and helpful. I meant to stay one night and stayed five.

• 19th Aug 2014
  • Scotland

Not sure why this hostel gets such a high score, $22 for a 4 bed dorm is ridiculous, the breakfast was tiny

Hi dear guest. We are very surprised about your comment. The price is right, and it’s because we are a small, specialized ecohostel as you probably has notice. It’s a pitty you haven’t enjoyed our breakfast; consist in natural juice, fresh fruit, alternate veggie sandwich or omelet, organic coffee, and extra bread and jam. Most of our guests love it! We hope your next choice in Lima fulfill your expectations.

Tina from the kitchen is my second mom!!!

• 27th Jul 2014

Just read this comment to Tina. She is so happy! :)

Fun hostel, very close walk to the action in Moraflores. Only downside is the showers, they only had a curtain. Staff were very helpful.

Awesome hostel!

• 30th Jun 2014

As far as hostels go, this place is a bit expensive but it has a nice atmosphere to it. Showers are hot, breakfast is alright. I would stay there again although it feels 30% more expensive than it should be.

Really nice hostel! Felt good there! Not the cheapest one, but it's worth for the money. Good location, nice rooms and comfortable beds. Very clean and they also make your bed everyday, which was super nice! Staff was nice, breakfast was better than average and I liked how the hostel looks. Good laundry service. Toilets/bathrooms could be better tho. But as whole very nice hostel! The most important thing for me is that it feels good and comfortable in a hostel and here I really did.

Nice hostel, good location, great breakfast but it was a little too quiet for my taste.

Really enjoyed staying in this hostel - it was during World Cup time and we were coming to the end of our trip so it was great to be able to chill out in the TV area on the comfortable cushions. Breakfast is good, bread, fruit and something different cooked every day. The rooms were quite small, we were in a 5 bed mixed dorm. Not the cheapest hostel that we've stayed in, but the location is excellent. Staff are very nice, friendly and helpful.

This place is great! What makes it better is the staff!! They were so warm and hospitable. They were happy to help you! I wasn't feeling well, and one of the receptionists grabbed me some medicine. Excellent place!! Thank you so much!!!

• 12th Jun 2014

The receptionists have been my favourite at the hostels Ive stayed at so far. They felt like family!! I was there for 3 nights 2 days. First breakfast consisted of fruit, bread, and a crepe with chocolate drizzle, very nice. Location is very central in Miraflores close to shopping restaurants and the free walking tour. Second breakfast was an omelette, fruit , bread. Recommend ear plugs as its close to main road and lots of honking. I didnt experience any partying here, low key atmosphere.

• 9th Jun 2014

Small rooms but you are really only there to sleep. Really close to everything and the staff is very welcoming and helpful. I would definitely stay here again!

Nice breakfast and location.

A great hostel one block from Parque Kennedy in Miraflores. Good common areas, nice rooms, loads of Americans

Hi, thanks for your review. We are glad you have enjoyed your stay! Hope to see you soon!

I stayed here 4 times, on three different occasions. It felt so comfortable each time, as the staff are lovely, the facilities are good and the breakfast is nice. The beds are comfortable and spacious, and it has a nice safe feel inside a very big city. The staff are helpful and accommodating. The airport pick up service is fantastic with Luis and I would recommend if you are arriving in Lima. I think this hostel is excellent.

A nice place only a block away from parque kennedy but tucked away on a side street , the staff is friendly and the rooftop terrace makes for a nice relaxing chill time , the dorm rooms however are a bit too small and crowded 3 beds instead of 5 wd be a better idea also bigger lockers so you don't trip on your bags and everyone's else stuff .

We are glad you have a nice stay with us and happy to hear a nice commentary from our guests. We are taking care about your comment on the lockers, and soon we would have bigger ones. Hope to see you back soon!

The showers and bathroom were awkward. There was no where to put things while showering, and it was just a shower curtain. The staff were friendly and the location was good.

Hi, Thanks for your advice! Our benches are now in its place, and we are trying to solve any discomfort. For your next visit we recommend our brand new girl’s room called “plastic” with private bathroom and really nice recycled décor, as you can see in our pictures.