Red Psycho Llama Eco Hostel Reviews

Calle Colina 183, Miraflores, Lima, Peru

I had a good stay at the Res Psycho Llama Hostel. The staff was nice and helpful, the rooms and facilities clean, and the location in a very good neighbourhood in Lima. The only thing that could be improved is the bathroom. The showers are only separated by a curtain and you have to strip in the "common" area even though it is not separated between girls and guys. I would definitely recommend the hostel.

Very nice hostel with friendly and helpful staff, including their driver, Luis. Located near central Miraflores, a nice neighbourhood of Lima. Downtown easily reachable by Metropolitan bus.

I was very happy with my stay. Great location. Clean. Nice to have an eco-friendly place to stay.

Such a good value! Right next to Parque Kennedy in Miraflores (the cat park!), an extremely helpful staff, and a really amazing breakfast (not just bread and jam!). We had the cool rooftop room, which had amazing views and was right next to the upstairs bar (which might get loud if people are partying, but that didn't happen while we were there). Good wi-fi too. Really nice place!!

Clean hostel with friendly and helpful staff. I would highly recommend,much better than the vast majority of hotels I have used whilst in peru.

The staff is very helpful and friendly and the accommodation lovely designed. I can definitely recommend this accommodation. :-)

Wonderful!!!!

This hostel is amazing. Every person who works there is so smiley cheery and helpful. I meant to stay one night and stayed five.

• 19th Aug 2014
  • Scotland

Not sure why this hostel gets such a high score, $22 for a 4 bed dorm is ridiculous, the breakfast was tiny

Hi dear guest. We are very surprised about your comment. The price is right, and it’s because we are a small, specialized ecohostel as you probably has notice. It’s a pitty you haven’t enjoyed our breakfast; consist in natural juice, fresh fruit, alternate veggie sandwich or omelet, organic coffee, and extra bread and jam. Most of our guests love it! We hope your next choice in Lima fulfill your expectations.

Tina from the kitchen is my second mom!!!

• 27th Jul 2014

Just read this comment to Tina. She is so happy! :)

Fun hostel, very close walk to the action in Moraflores. Only downside is the showers, they only had a curtain. Staff were very helpful.

Awesome hostel!

• 30th Jun 2014

As far as hostels go, this place is a bit expensive but it has a nice atmosphere to it. Showers are hot, breakfast is alright. I would stay there again although it feels 30% more expensive than it should be.

Really nice hostel! Felt good there! Not the cheapest one, but it's worth for the money. Good location, nice rooms and comfortable beds. Very clean and they also make your bed everyday, which was super nice! Staff was nice, breakfast was better than average and I liked how the hostel looks. Good laundry service. Toilets/bathrooms could be better tho. But as whole very nice hostel! The most important thing for me is that it feels good and comfortable in a hostel and here I really did.

Nice hostel, good location, great breakfast but it was a little too quiet for my taste.

Really enjoyed staying in this hostel - it was during World Cup time and we were coming to the end of our trip so it was great to be able to chill out in the TV area on the comfortable cushions. Breakfast is good, bread, fruit and something different cooked every day. The rooms were quite small, we were in a 5 bed mixed dorm. Not the cheapest hostel that we've stayed in, but the location is excellent. Staff are very nice, friendly and helpful.

This place is great! What makes it better is the staff!! They were so warm and hospitable. They were happy to help you! I wasn't feeling well, and one of the receptionists grabbed me some medicine. Excellent place!! Thank you so much!!!

• 12th Jun 2014

The receptionists have been my favourite at the hostels Ive stayed at so far. They felt like family!! I was there for 3 nights 2 days. First breakfast consisted of fruit, bread, and a crepe with chocolate drizzle, very nice. Location is very central in Miraflores close to shopping restaurants and the free walking tour. Second breakfast was an omelette, fruit , bread. Recommend ear plugs as its close to main road and lots of honking. I didnt experience any partying here, low key atmosphere.

• 9th Jun 2014

Small rooms but you are really only there to sleep. Really close to everything and the staff is very welcoming and helpful. I would definitely stay here again!

Nice breakfast and location.