Red Psycho Llama Eco Hostel Reviews

Calle Colina 183, Miraflores, Lima, Peru

Looks cute from outside but inside it was not as expected.We stayed in the double room. The bed & matress were really bad and old, the bathroom had a problem (and although one of the girls at the reception told us a plumber would come, nobody showed up) and it was not clean at all. The location is very good, walking distance to all the central areas in Miraflores(3min walk to Parque Kennedy)but very noisy and with no noise and heat proof windows.Water in shower was ok. Overall, not so satisfied.

• 25th Jul 2015
  • Greece

Friendly staff was very helpful as I was fresh of the plane

Really great hostel, bathroom was clean, breakfast was different every morning which is nice. Fun downstairs area of the hostel as well as a sunny rooftop. Good wifi and staff.

5 bed dorm is indeed a bit cramped. Only 4 lockers available for 5 beds... and 2 of them not working. Staff is friendly. Beds are comfy enough to give you a good night rest. Roof terrace is really nice. Kitchen basic. Breakfast is fine. Overall had a good stay here, booked 2 nights extra.

Excellent time here - I booked one night but extended my stay to three. Liked: - Side street next to Kennedy park means quiet streets but central location - Decent breakfast that was different each day - Nice helpful staff - Clean facilities - Eco conscious with recycled decorations Dislike: - I arrived at night and the taxi pickup service was not present. Someone helped me call him and sorted things out and everything ended up fine

It's a nice hostel to stay in but some concessions have to be made because it is a hostel and not a hotel (e.g. bathrooms aren't the highest quality but they're OK and clean).

Great location super close to the main square in Miraflores. Rooms are good and clean. Staff is super helpful and friendly, even made us little breakfast bags when we had to leave before breakfast time one morning. Can help with arranging transportation to/from the airport. Well working wifi. Nice rooftop terrace and yummy breakfast. Would def recommend this place!

This is one of my favorite hostels I've ever stayed in! It's located in a great and safe part of town just walking distance from bars, restaurants, shopping, and the ocean. The best part about this place is the breakfast!! It's legitimately very good- better than any free hostel breakfast I've ever had. If I visit Lima again I will definitely stay here. My only complaint is that some of the rooms are pretty small so 4 or 5 people in a dorm is tight. So much to do in town I was hardly in room.

This is the best hostel I've been to in Peru. +: great atmosphere with the common room, very helpful ND nice staff, best breakfast I have ever had in a hostel (freshly made juice, fesh fruits with a special small breakfast that changes everyday), you an ctually sleep there, 24 hours reception. This is not a party hostel and it's great to meet people when travelling alone. Thanks! - : none. Go there.

Taxi service was nice. Nice staff. Committed to eco-friendly way of life with creative recycling-inspired decorations in each room. Atmosphere was okay but a little dead. Luckily there were some cool people we found on the roof! There is a nice rooftop area for smoking/chatting that became our hangout spot. Breakfast was good with eggs! Great location for checking out Miraflores. Be sure to check out Kennedy Park if you like cats!

Great location in Miraflores. The staff here is outstanding! I left my phone in a cab that I got on through the hostel and they were able to track the phone down and pass it on to a friend who eventually got it back to me. My only complain is one toilet for 10+ people upstairs...other than that, great place to stay, definitely recommend!

The staff was very friendly and helpful with information about Lima, booking taxis, they spoke Engligh, and always had a smile.

Great location & staff, and a roof top terrace for evening drinking! Only 1 bathroom & toilet for several dorm rooms, crazy - that said, showers were hot and decent pressure. Biggest issue was the lack of space in our 5-bed dorm - literally no floor space as the 5th bed had been squeezed in instead - so we were clambering over each other's stuff the whole time & it made it really difficult to get to the bunks! The 4-bed dorm with private bathroom is much more spacious, but pretty pricey too!

Hostel staff were very helpful and friendly. Location is 2 min walk from Kennedy Park. Wifi is fast and the breakfast is decent, not your usual bread roll and eggs and they serve fresh coffee. Hostel was also very clean. Great hostel, and rates even higher against most others in Peru.

Nice hostel, helpful staff, good location. Being on a side street, it seemed quieter than the hostels just off Kennedy park.

What can I say, I stayed for my first 6 days in Lima. And loved it so much I returned on my way back to Chicago. The staff here is among the best you will ever meet, professional, courteous, kind, respectful, but at the same time humorous and full of good tips. This is a chill hostel that has a purpose I've actually learned quite a bit about recycling by reading all the short excerpts on the walls. And plan to recycle more when I get home. And excellent hostel all around, strongly recommended!

Location of the hostel was very nice, however, the room we stayed in was way too small for 5 people with backpacks and there was only one bathroom for 15 people!! Breakfast was decent but we missed eggs :) but overall an good hostel!

Hoping for a fun and social place we were somewhat disappointed but the place is nice and location ok.

Really nice hostel, located very central in a quiet street but only 2 minutes away from Miraflores main shopping street. Little supermarket right next to hostel. Very clean and there was always toilet paper. Breakfast could have been a little more (only 1 and a half bread) but definetely enough to not start the day hungry. Staff was very friendly and helpful. I booked a mixed dorm but as there were free beds in a female dorm, i could switch to this one without extra costs. Would book it again!

Algo de problemas con el agua caliente de la ducha (cuarto Telas), o muy fría o muy caliente, se desperdicia el agua y en una ocasión nomás no pude conseguir agua caliente.