Red Psycho Llama Eco Hostel Reviews

Calle Colina 183, Miraflores, Lima, Peru

I loved this hostel. Staff was super friendly and helpful. Great security 24/7, nice and professional airport pick up and in a somewhat quieter part of Miraflores (it's located just off the main drag). Hostel is clean, good hot water in showers and good wifi on roof and in lobby. Rooms are comfortable but dated and lockers don't always work, but if I'm in Lima, I would stay here again for sure.

Well located in the heart of the nice district of Miraflores, but also close to transport links to the city centre. The staff were friendly and helpful. The private room was dated but clean enough. Not much going on in terms of activities or the like but that was not a major concern to us. The WiFi was good and there was a computer for guests to use; no shortage of hot water, which was also a plus. On the downside, we felt that the breakfast was poor.

Good location. Great people. Nice that it's a smaller hostel so single travelers are able to interact more easily with each other. Showers are really bad from hot to cold and back again, and the water sprays all over the floor. No wonder there's mops in the bathroom. Facilities for 10 people are 2 showers, 2 sinks and one toilet. Also stairs to rooms, but then to go to roof, down the main stairs through the kitchen and up the back stairs. Breakfast is okay, cheese bread or eggs. simple.

Stayed in a private room for my first 2 nights in Peru; hostel arranged airport pick up which was fine except the driver was a few minutes late so I had to wander around Arrivals hoping he would turn up! Security was v good and staff were all friendly and helpful. The room itself was clean and was next door to bathroom. Rooftop terrace seemed nice though didn't get a chance to use it. Breakfast was fine - tortilla, bread & jam, fruit. Not much atmosphere but didn't seem full so may be why.

Very clean hostel, ecofriendly, very quiet for sleep. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Excellent place to stay in Lima! Great staff, nice people and very good location in Miraflores! Hostel's roof is perfect for parties :)

Red Psycho Llama is a great place to stay, while in Peru. Although the breakfast isn't the best, the Location and staff are great. Also the rooms are cozy and very clean + the beds were really comfortable :) Moreover they have a huge movie collection and cute little relaxing area, where you can watch movies all day if you're bored. I can definitely recommend it!

Despite the name of the hostel I had a great time at Red Psycho Llama. Excellent ambience and very helpful staff. There was a roof top patio to chill out on and the common areas were very spacious and inviting. The toilets and shower were some of he better ones I've experienced in Peru. I definitely would recommend this hostel.

Looks cute from outside but inside it was not as expected.We stayed in the double room. The bed & matress were really bad and old, the bathroom had a problem (and although one of the girls at the reception told us a plumber would come, nobody showed up) and it was not clean at all. The location is very good, walking distance to all the central areas in Miraflores(3min walk to Parque Kennedy)but very noisy and with no noise and heat proof windows.Water in shower was ok. Overall, not so satisfied.

• 25th Jul 2015
  • Greece

We were concerned about your boyfriend column problem; we hope he is OK in order to continue with your trip around Peru. It’s a pity you haven’t enjoy your stay. Unfortunately the day you stay there was no plumber working because it was holyday, but after you leave, I personally went to fix it.

Lockers in the room broken Shower room looks bad

Our biggest apologies for the inconvenient with the lockers. We couldn’t solve that problem in that moment because of the holydays, but we are solving it now. Hope you have enjoyed the rest of your stay.

Friendly staff was very helpful as I was fresh of the plane

:) We always take care of our guests! Have a good trip!

Really great hostel, bathroom was clean, breakfast was different every morning which is nice. Fun downstairs area of the hostel as well as a sunny rooftop. Good wifi and staff.

5 bed dorm is indeed a bit cramped. Only 4 lockers available for 5 beds... and 2 of them not working. Staff is friendly. Beds are comfy enough to give you a good night rest. Roof terrace is really nice. Kitchen basic. Breakfast is fine. Overall had a good stay here, booked 2 nights extra.

Excellent time here - I booked one night but extended my stay to three. Liked: - Side street next to Kennedy park means quiet streets but central location - Decent breakfast that was different each day - Nice helpful staff - Clean facilities - Eco conscious with recycled decorations Dislike: - I arrived at night and the taxi pickup service was not present. Someone helped me call him and sorted things out and everything ended up fine

It's a nice hostel to stay in but some concessions have to be made because it is a hostel and not a hotel (e.g. bathrooms aren't the highest quality but they're OK and clean).

Great location super close to the main square in Miraflores. Rooms are good and clean. Staff is super helpful and friendly, even made us little breakfast bags when we had to leave before breakfast time one morning. Can help with arranging transportation to/from the airport. Well working wifi. Nice rooftop terrace and yummy breakfast. Would def recommend this place!

This is one of my favorite hostels I've ever stayed in! It's located in a great and safe part of town just walking distance from bars, restaurants, shopping, and the ocean. The best part about this place is the breakfast!! It's legitimately very good- better than any free hostel breakfast I've ever had. If I visit Lima again I will definitely stay here. My only complaint is that some of the rooms are pretty small so 4 or 5 people in a dorm is tight. So much to do in town I was hardly in room.