6.2
Good 248 Total Reviews
6.2
Good 248 Total Reviews
Reef Backpackers Located at 140 Grafton St, Cairns, Cairns.
Australia

• GipsyJaeger
  • England, All Male Group, 18-24
24th Sep 2016
4.3

Pro's: Good pool out back, spacious kitchen, 5 min walk from the lagoon, chilled out TV room. cons: The fridge stank, check in is 4PM! the beds are horrific, worst sleep I've had in Australia (ive been here since January) and the rooms feel like a prison cell. just no life to them at all. overall, needs some improvements, in the most important departments, but could have potential if these things are seriously addressed.

• England, Female, 18-24
24th Aug 2016
4.9

Nowhere on Hostelworld does it say you need a credit card to check in.Mine got stolen, although I do have card details, but common sense doesnt override their "policies" apparently. You can put someone's card details into the card machine and take the $20 deposit! So I borrowed a fellow backpackers card. Saw no staff apart from night manager who didn't answer phone, when finally checked in, he was not on this planet, totally vacant. And perhaps just BUY ANOTHER FRIDGE?! I could go on and on.

21st Aug 2016
7.7

The room I stayed in was consumed by the other 3 guest's belongings. Trash and clothing were everywhere with minimal to no space to put my belongings.

• tanyaclaire123
  • England, Female, 18-24
16th Aug 2016
6.9

Possibly the cheapest hostel in cairns which is why I chose it. The rooms are large and spacious and the bathrooms and kitchens are clean. The common area needs some serious updating though, sofas are ripped and scummy. I also think the atmosphere here is a bit lacking but I still had a good time and met some good people who I ended up doing the coast with. If you're looking for a decent hostel that's cheap this is the one, but if you can spend the extra bucks there are way better hostels.

• Wales, Female, 25-30
23rd Jul 2016
6.6

Very messy room... hot shower and washing facilities good though. Limited reception opening times caused a few problems for me!

• England, Couple, 25-30
17th Jul 2016
4.6

We arrived to find the staff had messed up our booking (made two weeks prior) and therefore didn't have us in their system. The manager dealt with the issue unprofessionally and put us in two separate staff bedrooms which were messy. Worst of all, the next day one of us awoke to find a huge blood-like stain had soaked trough the bedding from the mattress below. When highlighting this issue we were told a refund would be impossible and the manager was unreachable nor did he call back as requested

thank you for staying with us and leaving feed back we had some issues with your booking as you booked the 8 bed dorm so you were upgraded to 4 bed dorms at no extra cost the mattress and linen was examined and we found that the only marks were very fresh still wet marks on the top sheet no marks were found on the mattress or bottom sheet so we cant expain why you woke up with blood like marks on your chest

• melinaklein
  • Germany, Female, 18-24
28th Jun 2016

All very nice and good that there is free wifi and breakfast!! ( however if you go to breakfast after 8:45 there is little left) The common area has v comfy seating I loved it :)) also always a free computer which is perfect. Only bad thing is the office has v short opening times so it's v hard to find help outside of office hours. Also, as its winter, it's cold at night and a blanket would have been nice.

• Sweden, Couple, 18-24
27th Jun 2016
6.9

Great with free wi-fi and Breakfast! Good Location and fair price. However, Rooms are really messy (things everywhere) but kitchen is very good and clean. .. Also was woken up two Nights bc people who arrived late didn't know what bed was free so they had to look around and wake The whole room (maybe not the hostels fault but happened twice..)

• British Virgin Islands, Female, 25-30
24th Apr 2016

Great place to stay! Close to the town. Staff were great, helped me looking for work. Would definitely stop here again. If I didn't have so little time on my visa I would be staying longer. Atmosphere is ok, if everyone comes out of their room. When I arrived everyone was foreign and in groups but I got in with the workers there once they made an appearance.

thank you for staying and leaving feed back we do the best we can for all the guests enjoy your work in the road house

• Hong Kong, Female, 18-24
23rd Apr 2016
6.0

The smell is quite annoying in dorm room but I've get used to it... You need to share two bathrooms with more than 10 people so sometimes you need to wait for it... But with this rent what more can you ask for!

thank you for staying with us and leaving feed back sorry you had to wait for the bath rooms but this another 4 on the second lvl