6.3
Good 241 Total Reviews
6.3
Good 241 Total Reviews
Reef Backpackers Located at 140 Grafton St, Cairns, Cairns.
Australia
Cairns Queensland 4870 140 Grafton St, Cairns
63% 241
-16.9202485 145.7728913
    Rooms available

21st Aug 2016
7.7

The room I stayed in was consumed by the other 3 guest's belongings. Trash and clothing were everywhere with minimal to no space to put my belongings.

• Wales, Female, 25-30
23rd Jul 2016
6.6

Very messy room... hot shower and washing facilities good though. Limited reception opening times caused a few problems for me!

• England, Couple, 25-30
17th Jul 2016
4.6

We arrived to find the staff had messed up our booking (made two weeks prior) and therefore didn't have us in their system. The manager dealt with the issue unprofessionally and put us in two separate staff bedrooms which were messy. Worst of all, the next day one of us awoke to find a huge blood-like stain had soaked trough the bedding from the mattress below. When highlighting this issue we were told a refund would be impossible and the manager was unreachable nor did he call back as requested

thank you for staying with us and leaving feed back we had some issues with your booking as you booked the 8 bed dorm so you were upgraded to 4 bed dorms at no extra cost the mattress and linen was examined and we found that the only marks were very fresh still wet marks on the top sheet no marks were found on the mattress or bottom sheet so we cant expain why you woke up with blood like marks on your chest

• melinaklein
  • Germany, Female, 18-24
28th Jun 2016

All very nice and good that there is free wifi and breakfast!! ( however if you go to breakfast after 8:45 there is little left) The common area has v comfy seating I loved it :)) also always a free computer which is perfect. Only bad thing is the office has v short opening times so it's v hard to find help outside of office hours. Also, as its winter, it's cold at night and a blanket would have been nice.

• Sweden, Couple, 18-24
27th Jun 2016
6.9

Great with free wi-fi and Breakfast! Good Location and fair price. However, Rooms are really messy (things everywhere) but kitchen is very good and clean. .. Also was woken up two Nights bc people who arrived late didn't know what bed was free so they had to look around and wake The whole room (maybe not the hostels fault but happened twice..)

• British Virgin Islands, Female, 25-30
24th Apr 2016

Great place to stay! Close to the town. Staff were great, helped me looking for work. Would definitely stop here again. If I didn't have so little time on my visa I would be staying longer. Atmosphere is ok, if everyone comes out of their room. When I arrived everyone was foreign and in groups but I got in with the workers there once they made an appearance.

thank you for staying and leaving feed back we do the best we can for all the guests enjoy your work in the road house

• Hong Kong, Female, 18-24
23rd Apr 2016
6.0

The smell is quite annoying in dorm room but I've get used to it... You need to share two bathrooms with more than 10 people so sometimes you need to wait for it... But with this rent what more can you ask for!

thank you for staying with us and leaving feed back sorry you had to wait for the bath rooms but this another 4 on the second lvl

• England, Female, 18-24
4th Apr 2016
7.4

Great stay in reef backpackers, location is great and staff were very helpful with extending my stay. Rooms maybe could've been a little cleaner but it didn't really bother me. Lots to do around cairns so this hostel is a good base :)

• USA, Female, 18-24
1st Apr 2016
4.0

It was really dingy. The mattress was all stained when I took the linens off the next morning. The shower knob came off in my hand when I went to shower and the tiles where cracked. Just disgusting over all. The key to let me in the place unlocked the door but the door would never open from the outside. I had to wait until someone came out to get in. The only good thing about this place was the free wifi. Was nothing that it looked like online, save your money and stay at the lazy duck next door

• England, Female, 18-24
25th Mar 2016
8.0

Nice hostel, most of the staff are friendly and it's reasonably clean although there are ants in the kitchen. Good location, 5 or 10 minute walk to main streets and lagoon. Nice area to chill out in. Free breakfast is good but too late if you're going on trips/getting morning buses. Wifi is free and decent connection