Refugio Hostel Reviews

Rua das Laranjeiras, 125, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Awesome Adventure theme hostel. Nino the owner help me with my staying. Very organized hostel, clean, safe area, very good place to meet people if you traveling alone. Do the Dois irmaos hike, Daytrip and the favela tour. Metro just 2 blocks from the hostel to anyplace in town. City maps contain huge information about Carioca lifestyle and amazing and secret spots to go. Thanks everyone and see you guys in a few months

• 17th Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

It was my first time in Rio and couldnt be better. Nino, Sam and Priscila make my stay awesome. They gave me amazing tips in Rio, free maps, breakfast and lunch are very good. Good area to live, safe with a many options of transportation, (metro and bus). Baths and living lounge with very good music. One big Uhaa for the Daytrip tour (you will save money in the end) Stay at Refugio Hostel.

• 17th Jul 2014

I stayed here twice during the world cup, once for 2 nights and once for 5 nights. The bed allocation system is poor. During both of my stays, I arrived back in the hostel to find someone else sleeping in the bed that was given to me by the staff. This was very annoying. This can be easily solved by putting a sticker on each bed. A number of lockers were broken too when I was there. The hostel is in a good location and is less than a 10 minute walk from the Largo do Machedo metro stop.

Refugio hostel is great, good location, only 2 blocks from Metro Station, very good Staff! They will make you feel at home and give you the best tips on what to do in Rio! The tours have a good price as well. They serve an amazing breakfast. I would recommend this hostel to everyone!

Good place to stay, nice and kind staff, always helping you. Good area to live ans stay, subway 2 blocks from the hostel. showers hot and good, the clean ladies up to work hard. They serve an amazing breakfast and there is a bistro with Brazilian food for lunch. I'd recommend to stay there.

• 9th Jul 2014

Great Hostel! Great people! My experience was during the world cup which ment there was already a lot of action around town and games to watch, so I will look foreword to coming back at a less exciting time and going on hikes and rock climbing and doing all that kind of stuff

• 8th Jul 2014

Great work girls and guys! Keep up! Regards, geoffrey from belgium

We had a great stay at Refugio! I will definitely stay there again! We were there during the World Cup and it was amazing!

• 18th Jun 2014

Top place, chill staff - chill atmosphere, highly recommended

Everyone at the front desk was very helpful and went out of their way to help the visitors! Nino and the rest are awesome! Thank you!

Nice in general. That had some problems when paying with credit card and they charge you with 10% if you want to change money to local currency.

Hot water not always available. My locker had a broken door. Internet didn't work on the shared computer. I was in the top bunk in room 6, basement which was right up against the ceiling.

I loved this hostel. Great Staff, (Nino and Sam thanks for amazing tips) Comfortable beds, safe area, amazing terrace and Chill out area. Very good kitchen, baths are clean. They need to boost the wi fi (got some problems on the day i was there). I truly recommend this hostel.

• 13th Jun 2014
  • Portugal

Everybody was really friendly! They even grilled to see the brasilian game, felt like home!

We were very satisfied. Breakfast was great a was the staff. I would return

• 9th Jun 2014

Nice place, good location

• 8th Jun 2014
  • Mexico

this hostel could benefit from some sort of soft seating like sofas or beanbags, didn't like the plastic bed covers as it was very sweaty, and the 10 bed dorm was cramped with a low ceiling which made it a bit claustrophobic on the top bunk, but it's a nice old building so not much they can do about that! the staff were really friendly & helpful, and the kitchen area was really good - thanks :-)

Super friendly stuff, safe area, good breakfast, safe luggage storage, convenient for bus or metro to go around, nice place to stay.

excellent staff, good location, nice historic building, good facilities. Only minus for me was the plastic matress cover (I don't like sleeping on that).

Awesome Hostel, safe area, Staff (Sandro and Ninho), Great Facilities, Baths are Clean, and beds are comfortable. The whole staff work hard, and the manager Ninho show us the best tips to do in town, hikes, parties and cultural tours as well. On the weekend, he made a barbecue with free caipis for everyone! Stay here if you want a genuine experience!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4