Refugio Hostel Reviews

Rua das Laranjeiras, 125, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Great place to stay, refugioo hostel,there is a adventure theme in this hostel... rooms are simple but with beds are very comfy, they just start a new bar area, and the bartender lead us up to hike to Dois irmos hiking on sunday morning, and then a barbecue. Excellent location only 5 min from subway station, right in the middle between christ and the sugarloaf, 10min from the beach area. Do the Dois irmos hike and San Salvador party in a square only 3 min from the hostel.

• 30th Jul 2014

Best hostel experience ever!!!!

The hostel is fine, location is good. The WiFi should work in the whole hostel, it's not hard to do but hostels in South America can't seem to figure this out. Also the computers in this hostel barely work at all, one doesn't even have the monitor plugged in and the others WiFi drops off every 5 minutes. Also the A/C + fan in the dorm was overkill.

It is a nice place to stay, good location,clean,safe, everything you need to be a backpacker

The hostel is clean and tidy with nice communal areas. Unfortunately the roof top terrace did not live upto my expectations, it was over grown and very neglected. I was told this is somehing that is getting sorted very soon. The staff are friendly and the cleaners do a very good job! Very good kitchen facilities and lots of space for communal eating. Thank you

Beds, rooms, breakfast ect okay, but it was so loud!! Almost every night I had problems to sleep, even if I use earplugs. Common area is located just the way that all the noises come to your room so loudly and they don't have any quiet time. Have spent time maaaaaany hostels and that's the first one where I had problems to sleep. Also staff are not so friendly all the time..

Awesome Adventure theme hostel. Nino the owner help me with my staying. Very organized hostel, clean, safe area, very good place to meet people if you traveling alone. Do the Dois irmaos hike, Daytrip and the favela tour. Metro just 2 blocks from the hostel to anyplace in town. City maps contain huge information about Carioca lifestyle and amazing and secret spots to go. Thanks everyone and see you guys in a few months

• 17th Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

It was my first time in Rio and couldnt be better. Nino, Sam and Priscila make my stay awesome. They gave me amazing tips in Rio, free maps, breakfast and lunch are very good. Good area to live, safe with a many options of transportation, (metro and bus). Baths and living lounge with very good music. One big Uhaa for the Daytrip tour (you will save money in the end) Stay at Refugio Hostel.

• 17th Jul 2014

I stayed here twice during the world cup, once for 2 nights and once for 5 nights. The bed allocation system is poor. During both of my stays, I arrived back in the hostel to find someone else sleeping in the bed that was given to me by the staff. This was very annoying. This can be easily solved by putting a sticker on each bed. A number of lockers were broken too when I was there. The hostel is in a good location and is less than a 10 minute walk from the Largo do Machedo metro stop.

Refugio hostel is great, good location, only 2 blocks from Metro Station, very good Staff! They will make you feel at home and give you the best tips on what to do in Rio! The tours have a good price as well. They serve an amazing breakfast. I would recommend this hostel to everyone!

Good place to stay, nice and kind staff, always helping you. Good area to live ans stay, subway 2 blocks from the hostel. showers hot and good, the clean ladies up to work hard. They serve an amazing breakfast and there is a bistro with Brazilian food for lunch. I'd recommend to stay there.

• 9th Jul 2014

Great Hostel! Great people! My experience was during the world cup which ment there was already a lot of action around town and games to watch, so I will look foreword to coming back at a less exciting time and going on hikes and rock climbing and doing all that kind of stuff

• 8th Jul 2014

Great work girls and guys! Keep up! Regards, geoffrey from belgium

We had a great stay at Refugio! I will definitely stay there again! We were there during the World Cup and it was amazing!

• 18th Jun 2014