Regent Hostel Reviews

37 Boulevard Rochechouart, Paris, France

right by the sacre-coeur and the moulin rouge. tram stations are always near by if u down want to walk to the other sites. pretty cool atmosphere and above all they serve breakfast.

• 11th Apr 2014

We had an overall good experience in the hostel, but we found that it was really expensive for the services provided. We found not nice having to wait until 6 pm in order to enter in our room, considering that in the morning we had to leave it at 11; at breakfast the waitresses were quite unkind; and finally the internet connection was not easy to use; it's non sense that you have to activate it before midnight! But the position was great and the recepcionists quite kind.

Although the room was cleaned well, we did feel that the carpet was very stained and shabby. The first night we were kept awake by some very noisy women in the next room - music, hair driers, loud voices at 2-3am. Otherwise we were happy with our stay.

• 8th Apr 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Located in Montmartre district. Sacre coeur chapel seen directly across the street on the hill. Busy place . pretty good stay overall.

good location. friendly staff. wifi and free breakfast. the only weird thing was that the walls of the bathroom were covered in mold.

Everything was perfect! Great location, great prices, lovely staff and great rooms. Toilet occasionally smelled a bit like a hangover (expected from the age group) but generally it was a really pleasant stay.

• 25th Mar 2014

Personally, I find this hostel as perfect! Clean, tidy, equipped with all accessories, free wifi, on a convenient location...I really enjoyed my time there. My recommendation to all visitors!l!

The staff were friendly enough, you get free breakfast, really close to Gare du Nord and other metro stops, I didn't think it was located in the best area especially at night, and not a great place for solo travelers. Wasn't bad but wasn't the greatest hostel I've stayed in either.

Great hostel! Very clean, comfy beds and friendly staff (which is difficult to find in Paris). I loved the location which allowed me to walk to Louvre crossing the 9th Arrondissement which is a very pleasant walk down the hill in a charming area of the city. The atmosphere is average but I guess prices would rise if living areas were refurbished. I recommend it!

Small rooms and far away from the main sights, but otherwise a good place to stay. Clean and hot showers, decent breakfast in the morning, and good facilities. Definitely a bargain considering the cost of other hostels and hotels in Paris.

Everything was fine! Good location, nice staff. Thanks!

• 12th Mar 2014

Staff were super nice here. Helped us out with advise for places to go. Located right outside the Anvers train stop. Makes it really easy to get around. Also Close to the main line that takes you to airport. Breakfast was good, breads, juice

• 10th Mar 2014
  • New Zealand

Really nice hostel.Cheap without being dirty or having services cut-off.Extra close to Sacre Coeur and the metro.I definetly recommend.

Thank you for your feedback, we hope you'll recommend our hostel and hopping to have the pleasure to welcome you at another time!!!! Best regards, Carlos (reception)

Right next to a metro station which is nice and it doesn't take long to get to the big sites. (15 mins to the champs élysées.) Breakfast was croissants (not the best, probably out of a box) with coffee and tea and a hot milk machine. There are lockers in the rooms but no padlock provided. However, there are lockers in the common area which work great and are free (you have to put in 50 cents to get it to work, but you get it back!) cons: no individual chargers by the bed or large shower rooms.

Thanks for the time taken for your message, your comments are always important for us. We will do something about the individual chargers to can have a better service. All our Staff would be pleasure to welcome you again!! Kind regards, Carlos (reception)

The rating says it all. This is a great budget hostel; neat & clean, close to the metro/minimarts/restaurants/bars/you-name-it. The staff were friendly and helpful, specially the night receptionist (Dion?). If I would have to remark on anything at all, it would be that the common area is split up in three smaller spaces and there's only chairs and no comfy couches. But all in all I had a nice stay and would recommend this place. And did anybody notice their great playlists?

Thank you very much for your feedback it is so important for us. In the name of all the Regent's Staff (specially Dionisyos) we really hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again at another time!!!! Best regards, Carlos (Receptionist)

Clean and nice hostel. Stayed in a 4-bed girls room with bathroom ensuite. Small lockers, bring your own lock. Free breakfast with croissants (but not all-you-can-eat), very chill atmosphere with lots of seating. Many young travellers but also some families with kids. Not too loud at night but some noise. Good location - right next to Anvers metro station and short walk to Pigalle (which will be more useful for the tourist!), close to grocery stores. Staff very French aka not overly friendly.

Myself and my friend visited Paris for the first time and were delighted with the Regent Hostel. The area is lovely, though a little dodgey at night. The staff were fantastic, among the friendliest you're likely to meet. They'll put most to shame with their multiple languages! We stayed in a 6 bed mixed dorm which was kept clean. The bathroom and shower facilities were excellent and the free breakfast was great! Highly recommended!

• 26th Feb 2014

I really enjoyed that there is a kitchen in the hostel. However, with so many users it does become kinda dirty. So, I would really encourage the hostel dwellers to clean up after themselves. Free breakfast was a nice gesture, but it was mainly carbs, except for coffee and tea. The rooms were nice and clean. Small, but liveable. For all I can say, if you are staying at Monmatre, then be extra careful with your money and don't talk to strangers outside the hostel much. I had a great time!

• 26th Feb 2014
  • Russia

Great great hostel! Very open-minded and relaxed!

• 23rd Feb 2014

It's a nice hostel and breakfast is a great plus for the money. But its not the most comfy or cleanest. The beds are very tiny, but if you're planning to come late and very tired like me it's not a problem. Shower was nice. It's very close to Anvers metro station and in walking distance to Sacre Coure. The staff were allright.

« first « Prev 1 2 3