Regent Hostel Reviews

37 Boulevard Rochechouart, Paris, France

The reception staff are amazing and are some of the best I have met in my many different hostel stays. However, the breakfast/catering staff are shockingly rude and in fact put me off of ever returning to the hostel in the future. Easy walking distance to all big monuments and the hostel is easy to find which is cool. However, the area is not very pleasant at all.

The hostel itself is very nicely set out and not too far from the main sights. However, the kitchen facilities were limited (only a hob, microvave and no freezer). Also, between the times of 10am-12pm the kitchen was off limits due to 'cleaning' which meant sitting around waiting to put food in the kitchen for 2 hours. The cleaning staff were quite rude before we had discovered this 'rule'.

The bathroom was so mouldy, so as a person with asthma I found it quite uncomfortable as the bathrooms were ensuites.other than that, great hostel!

This hostel is great for a budget holiday to Paris... Very central great location, friendly helpful staff, facilities were just what we needed and the room was basic but very nice. I would highly recommend it and would stay there again. Also breakfast each morning was a big plus. Great hostel

• 4th Sep 2014

It was a nice Hostel, very friendly staff with a different event like wine tasting on every night in the communal siting area. The room nice and clear and fitted the 5 of us in, the en suit facilities were clean. The location was good with a metro stop just out of the front doors, and the Sacre Coer was a 2 minute walk away, and a 10 minute walk from the Gare D'Nord, it was close to the red light district but the area around the hostel was nice.

• 1st Sep 2014

Only complaint is that the showers were TINY couldn't really wash yourself and the water was freezing. Some shady people around the area at night so always walk with friends etc few rude staff at reception but the blonde guy that always wears metal shirts was lovely

• 1st Sep 2014

Really nice welcome with cheese and wine Very clean Very open minded No restrictions

Nice place, a little noisy, good breakfast, good accomodation, staff could be more friendly

Definitely would recommend this hostel. It was very good all round, and probably the best location for money possible in Paris. The fact there is a kitchen and free breakfast is also very good. The hostel was also pretty social - my only VERY small point of criticism is that there could have been a radio or something on at breakfast to make it easier for people to talk to one another.

With this hostel you get exactly what you pay for. The room was clean and the reception staff were lovely. Although the staff serving breakfast were incredibly rude and breakfast itself was a let down. There were no lockers in the room which was one of the only downsides for me, although there was lockers in the foyer to use before and after check in which was very useful! It is easy enough to get to on a metro from the city center and is very close to the moulin rouge!

All in all it was a nice stay and I do recommend this place. It is convinient for a short stay. The staff are nice and helpful and everything went very smooth during my stay there. Thank you :D

I will come back again, good location..Love this hostel..

The lift is rather small, but sufficient enough. The bathroom became flooded every time someone showered, and my room had a faint smell of poop at all times...other than the weird plumbing issues, my room was good. Outlets and wifi, great view of the Sacred Heart from the window. Very friendly and helpful employees. Wouldn't stay there again, but wouldn't mind if I had no other option.

• 16th Aug 2014

Everything is good only my 3rd last there were some peoples snored so loud made me and other guy couldn't sleep .I have to leave the next day and the other guy have to ask to move to different room,the hostel should state clearly about how to get there ,because the street there don't really have sign to tell people where to go

i had good experience =)

• 6th Aug 2014
  • Pakistan

Amazing hostel; lovely staff, clean, great croissants! Met some lovely people! The beds were quite squeaky but it's a hostel, so not a complaint, but maybe that could be something to update if they choose to do so.

I like this place and atmosphere. especially close to metro and Kitchen facility. This place is worth for money and staffs are friendly and helping nature.

Very helpful and accomodating staff.

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • Scotland

Overall I would say regent hostel is pretty average, location is pretty good as its right near a metro station and there are plenty of places nearby to get a bite to eat. They do have a small lift which is handy for luggage. My room had safety deposit boxes and an ensuite bathroom. The bathroom was in pretty bad shape though I must say but hot water works fine! Only 2 power points in the room near the floor. Even with the window open the room was hot as so I hard a hard time sleeping

I really didn't like Paris but this had nothing to do with the hostel. Staff were super friendly and tried their best to help us enjoy Paris and the area the hostel was in was actually my favourite part of Paris as it was quite edgy. The only bad thing I can say about this hostel is that it had a bit of a funny smell, kind of like dampness, circulating constantly. However, none of Paris seemed to smell nice anyway so we got used to it in the end.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5