Regent Hostel Reviews

37 Boulevard Rochechouart, Paris, France

No salt, pepper and oil offered whereas other hostels have offered both. Right next to the Sacre Coeur!

The shower was really nasty with mold everywhere, but it was a hostel so what did I expect? I thought the beds were nice (I slept really comfortably) and the sheets were fine. I also liked that they had a locker in the room to lock up your stuff at night (you just have to bring your own lock!!!). I thought the staff could have been friendlier, but in general we weren't at the hostel much so it didn't really matter. Overall, it was fine!

• 14th Feb 2014

Good hostel with clean facilities & very lovely staff. Hostel slightly far out of central attractions although very close to the metro which is very handy. Small breakfast but enough, overall a nice stay!

Great hostel. I don't see any negative points. Breakfast is great and staff is very nice.

Bonjour, Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback. We are please to see that you enjoyed your stay with our staff and had fun. We look forward to welcome you back very soon in our hostel. Best Regards, Laëtitia

Loved staying here would recommend it to anyone going to Paris

I was actually afraid of picking a hostel during my stay in Paris because I heard so many bad reviews of places. But Regent Hoste? I found it to be great! I'm glad I chose this hostel as its services were good. Everything was good. I really enjoyed my stay there. Just the ventilation of the bathroom and the room is a bit bad.

• 30th Jan 2014
  • South Africa

Loved it, the common areas are very nice and have good music, good friendships are created in good atmosphere like that.

It is not a place to meet other travellers. The rooms for 6 can be very small! I couldn't get into my bed! I had to ask them to change me to other room.

Bonjour, Thank you for your comment on Hostelworld regarding your stay in our establishment. We are sorry to read that you did not have the opportunity to meet other travellers. Unfortunately we are in Paris and our room size are standard for Paris. And sometimes the other travellers in the room do not pay attention to the space they take in the room. We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back to show you how good we can be. Regards, Laëtitia

It was a very nice stay, I loved the staff and everything was very clean. The location was perfect, just two minutes to Sacre Coeur. The place was very, very clean, something not easy to find in many other hostels. I like the lockers in the reception, It was perfect to keep my laptop safe during the day and the internet conection was excellent as well. I just missed one thing: it would be nice to have some sofas instead of so many chairs, so people could have a drink and relax there. Thanks!!

Bonjour, Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write a nice feedback. We are pleased to read that we made your stay enjoyable and nice in our hostel in Paris. We'll study the possibility to change our ground floor to make it more cosy and easy to relax to share drinks with the differents friends you met in our hostel. Hope to see you very soon in our hostel. Regards, Laëtitia Manager

Right by Sacre Coeur. Room was very clean with a tv and sink. Shower room had no ventilation and moldy, but clean otherwise. No toilet on our floor. Decent breakfast, one piece of bread per guest, juices and brewed coffee. Short distance from train station.

bonjour Jilian, Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback on hostelworld. We are pleased to read that you enjoy your stay with us and notice our convenient location. We look forward to having the pleasure to welcome you back in our hostel. Regards, Laëtitia, Manager

Close to Gare du Nord, easy to find and in a good area for a traveller. Good facilities in the hostel as a traveller and simple breakfast included is great as eating is expensive in Pairs. Welcoming staff although had to ask for information i.e check-in time, map, breakfast etc but all round good hostel, would stay again!

Bonjour Tracy, thank you for your nice feedback regarding your stay in our establishment. We'll welcome you back again with pleasure. Regards, Laetitia

Horrible. Bathroom flooded everyday. Elderly French cleaning staff would yell around the place regardless of if you were sleeping or not (I was in bed sick one day and she came in yelling 3 times). Still kept on yelling even if I tried to tell her that I do not speak French. Downstairs toilet was dirty and had no toilet paper. Location was ok.

Bonjour, Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write to us regarding your stay in our hostel. Our aim is to improve our service so your feedback is very important to us. We do not accept the behaviour that you describe and we do apologise. We are thinking to change the shower curtains because sometimes when they are not well used there a lot of water on the floor. Regards, Laetitia

My shared room had no ventilation and was kept extremely warm. I asked the staff several times to please adjust the building thermostat. My room had one window, but as I was on the 2nd floor, the outside street noise was too loud to keep the window cracked at night. The room was extremely stuffy and with 4 people staying in the room, it was very uncomfortable. I was finally told the thermostat was controlled next door in another building and the man was not there at night to adjust it.

• 24th Dec 2013

Bonjour, Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback in our hostel. Unfortunately the thermostat is regulating the whole hostel and some people ask us warmer and others like you feel that is too hot. I'm sorry for the inconvenience that have may caused you. I hope that we'll have the pleasure to welcome you back. Regards, Laetitia

Near to the Sacre-Coeur (be VERY wary of street vendors), down the road from the Moulin Rouge (be also wary of prostitutes), very close to the metro, twenty minutes away from the Eiffel Tower, fifteen minutes walk from the Galeries-Lafayette, and the travelers here are very nice. I met a girl at breakfast and we toured the city together on Christmas, visiting Notra Dame for Mass too. The food is decent for breakfast, but it's not a hotel, so deal with it as it comes.

It is a good hostel, but I didn't like too much the bathroom! But it was clean and with a location ok!

Bonjour Ana Carolina, thank you for your comment. If you can give us precision about the bathroom that will be great. Our aim is to improve every day and your positive or negative comments help us to do it. You may contact me on lmessager@leregent.com. Looking forward to hearing from you. Regards, Laetitia

Location and Price is fair enough, regarding his is in Paris. But Cleanliness makes me worry. One day morning, I saw one staff just finished cleaning the ground, and came to service breakfast section directly without washing his hand. And what's more, the hostel thought I checked out, so the cleaner packed my stuff and even threw some of them away, such as tooth brush, towel. But I was suppose to stay 4 more days since that day. That is ridiculous!

Nice beadrooms. A little old but still good. Nice staff. I really would recommend!

huge complaint about computers. you pay to use them, ok, but no one told me that you could buy long time (less expensive) and then log out and access it later until my 2nd night there, some random new wonderful staffmember told me after noticing me buy 2 15 min sessions, while other staff had seen me make tons of small purchases. I was having trouble with bank and didnt have phone. Also nothing on computer, no SKYPE. In a HOSTEL. I almost got stranded penniless because I couldn't call my bank.

• 5th Dec 2013

Bonjour, Thank you for taking time the time and trouble to write your feedback on Hostelworld’s site. Our customers are of extreme importance to us and our aim is to improve our service. Thank you for your precision on the points that we have to work on. You right each people of the staff should advice that you may log out to use the remaining time later. We'll put available headphone for guests to use skype. We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back. Regards, Laëtitia, Manager

Clean room with view of sacre coure. Only one shower and toilet on our floor. Close to the subway and easy to get around. Good hostel

Average hostel. Too close to sacro cuore. Cleaniness not was perfect and the wall's room was dirty too. If you want a quite stay without excellent ok. Normal.