Regent Hostel Reviews

37 Boulevard Rochechouart, Paris, France

It is convenience and one min from the Anvers metro. There are many restaurants (both high- and low-end) nearby and supermarket five mins away. The free breakfast is fair but less varieties (only bread and croissant, but no cereal or ham) for choosing, but that is acceptable. The staffs are helpful and able to answer our questions well. However, the space in the room is too small for four of us to move and put our baggages, and the double-desk bed is too low for us to even sit on the bed.

• 15th May 2014
  • Hong Kong

The staff were very fluent in English, very friendly, and helpful with answering any questions. The fresh croissant breakfast was the best every morning. I booked a double bed suite and was expecting a double bed inside the room but there was only one bed when we got to the room during our stay from Wednesday 5/14 and Thursday 5/15, and the same on Saturday 5/17. The room I booked for Friday 5/16 had the 3 beds as I expected. I highly recommend making the room descriptions clearer.

• 14th May 2014

The shower was out of service on my floor and I couldn't find the bathroom!

• 14th May 2014

Cons- The vending machine was broken, without a note, so everyone's money was swallowed with no refund offer. There were spots of mould on the carpet and the bathroom ceiling. Pro's- Good location - Airport accessible Packaged bed sheets (So you know they are clean) Friendly staff Overall I would say the hostel is good if you plan to stay their for less then 5 days, without any lounging at the Hostel. I would say that you get what you pay for, as it's a cheap Hostel in an expensive city.

Location is amazing, just a minute walk to Sacré Cour and there's a subway station right in front of the hostel. Breakfast was included with the room. My roommates were a little messy and the cleaning staff took a little time to clean the room. Overall it was a great experience and when I get back to Paris I'm definitely staying there again.

• 13th May 2014

The staff was helpful and nice, yet it would be nice if the beds where fixed in some way to the wall so you don't feel every movement of the person in the bed below.

Great location, good price, average accommodation. The private bathroom was quite nice and clean, although the hair dryer kept getting knocked over because it was very small. Only offputting thing was the tile being installed and preventing access through the hostel.

Easy access to all the main attraction by the metro. Good location. Staff should be more friendly and welcoming.

The staff was friendly and helpful and it is located between two metro stations and just 10 min from the heart of montmarte. But the room was dirty and smelly and very small to accommodate 6 people and there are no common toilet or shower facilities.The worse is that unfortunately I returned with stricks of bed bug bites on my legs and hands.I found it very expensive for what it actually offers and definitely overestimated.

• 8th May 2014
  • Greece

Bonjour, thank you for taking the time to write your experience in our hostel. I'm pleased to read that you appreciate our friendly staff. About the cleanliness of the room, be sure that we are working on with the housekeeping staff to be the best. So we'll keep working hard. About the bed bugs, did you say anything about it at the reception? For the moment no one came back to us saying that they were bitten, and we didn't see anything. I hope that we'll have the pleasure to welcome you again.

It was great! Location, facilities, security, friendly staff. Perfect for me.

Our stay was fine considering this was one of the cheapest hostels in Paris. Location is good; close to the metro so you can get anywhere you need to go without much hassle. Room was clean. WiFI only works downstairs which was more annoying that I thought it would be. The breakfast is basic but it doesn't cost any extra which is good.

Good hostel with top facilities and literally a few steps from the Metro, however as a single traveler looking to meet people and try out the Parisian night life I unfortunately was underwhelmed that the hostel did not cater for anything of that sort. The best they had to creating a fun social atmosphere were small in-house events like quizzes and such. A bit disappointed there was no pub crawls the hostel could point me to. Single travellers assess your options.

Room was quite small but clean. Staff was nice. Great location, next to metro and walking distance to sacred heart basilica

Love it here. Fantastic location - avers metro stop is nearly in front of hostel which makes getting around fairly easy. Great hostel to meet others, even though I was hardly there. Decent free breakfast. You can only get wifi downstairs. Friendly, accommodating staff. Seems to be good for all ages. Highly recommend.

Bonjour, Thank you for the time taken for the feedback, all our team is happy to hear you had a great time in the hostel, we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you at anther time. Kind regards, Regent Staff

Great place to stay , but carpet and other parts of the building kind of beat up an dirty , but over it worth a stay.

• 24th Apr 2014
  • echoomni

Bonjour, Thans for your feedback it help us to make better our job, last week all carpets have been cleaned to avoid this kind of troubles. Kind regards, The Regent staff.

The wifi was really annoying having to log on all the time and only being able to use it on one device at a time. For what we were paying, we really didn't get that much out of it, the least they could do is put the sheets on the bed. One staff member was particularly unhelpful but the rest were really nice.

Bonjour, Thank you for the feedback, we are sorry to hear that you had some troubles with the wifi but we have 200 guests when we are busy, so if we give more than one ticket per guest the network becomes very weak, we have to do this for everybody's confort. Our staff will be pleasure to welcome you at another time. Kind regards, Regent Staff

We had another excellent experience at Regent Hostel, and particularly wish to commend Valentin, their desk staff, who was gracious and kindly ran off our boarding pass for us.

• 23rd Apr 2014

The staff were super friendly, the only thing to be careful of is leaving your wifi on with a wireless device. The breakfast included was a huge bonus.

• 21st Apr 2014

lovely hostel this is our second time at this hostel

Bonjour, Thank you for the comment, all our staff are happy to hear you have enjoyed your second time with us (and we truly hope it will be not the last). Kind regards, Carlos from the reception

This is a good hostel for a weekend in Paris. It is located just a 5-10 minute walk form the Gare du Norde. I definitely recommend purchasing a 2 day metro pass since Paris is more spread out and the metro is the easiest and quickest way to get to the major sites such as the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, etc.