Reggae Guest House Reviews

156 Jalan Tun H.S. Lee, 1st Floor, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I stayed here twice in 2012, so this was my third stay. It didn't seem like the bathrooms had been maintained much since 2012. One of two women's bathrooms had a broken toilet, the other a broken sink. The big rain showerhead fell off, shot across the room, and narrowly avoided hitting me in the face when I turned it on. Overall, it's a good value for your money if you're not too picky and just want a comfortable place to sleep in a good location. I'd stay there again.

Decent hostel

I had serious skin problem after staying in mixed dorm.

• 27th Jan 2015
  • Malaysia

This was not what we were expecting and were disappointed. The room was small. The staff weren't helpful at all. After a long trip we were hoping to relax but were surprised to see how poor our facilities were. Maybe we are hard to please. We moved after one night and were happy to pay more for a better room and more facilities ... Eg, a communal bar or area of entertainment. Perhaps if you are looking for a cheap place to stay then this is ok. We wanted to be in a lively spot with a party scen

staff helpfull and excellent location for chinatown

Nice place, clean and friendly staff, next to a great bar for travelling people, nice food in local shops in little India, enjoyed my stay

Professionally run hostel.

Didn't go for the party and wasn't there too much, but dorms were cozy and quiet, slept great. Filipino staff are great!! Never made it to the rooftop but a couple of them were out at the Reggae Bar and my friends and I ended up dancing and drinking with them. Fun!

small but hygienic hostel!

None of the positives of this hostel can make up for the bed bug infestation or rude treatment by a staff member after we alerted him to the problem. The security and location were good and we were encouraged by the clean bathrooms however we left the hostel covered in bites and found bed bugs inside our sleeping bag liners. On telling the staff it was quite clear that they were very aware of the problem! We received no apology and had to battle to get a part refund! Stay away from this hostel!

• 21st Jul 2014

Super stay

• 16th Jul 2014

Relaxed atmosphere. Not a ton of guest interaction. But it's next door to the reggae bar and down the street from the reggae mansion.

Nice place. Bad smell in the entrance cause guests are required to leave their shoes there. Free breakfast is a bonus, with bread, peanut butter, coffee and tea. Good location about 30 minutes walk to Petronas Tower and close to bus station where u can catch a bus for 1 ringt.

The place is excellent and very strategically located and perfect for a very short stay...

• 15th Jun 2014
  • Philippines
  • All Female Group, 41+

One of staff was not very hospitable to offer and help the information. There is no enough space in the bathroom. There is no window in the room. The price is fair and location is good.

• 24th Apr 2014
  • Taiwan

Really good place to stay.. But some bad bucks in some of the room..

Good location makes a difference for this hostel. Easy to find and easy to get around the city.

Theyres bed bugs in this hostel! Two people in the room got bites all over and it sucks! Not worth it. The bugs ruin your trip!!!

• 13th Mar 2014

This was our second stay at Reggae Guest House and the staff were always friendly and helpful and the location for the petaling street market and the Paser Seni train station. My main negative for this stay was that the sheets were not changed of for the 3 nights we were there and my girlfriend was absolutely eaten alive with bed bugs....I wasn't attacked and we did not experience this on the first stay so may just have been bad timing but certainly wasn't ideal.

Hostel was decent. Not much in the way of social area. Free breakfast of toast, tea & coffee. Staff helpful and friendly. Told us lots about the sights and how to get there. Very chilled vibe and close to the train station and Chine Town.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7