Reggae Hostel Ocho Rios Reviews

19 Main Street, Ocho Rios, Ocho Rios, Jamaica

Good place to stay!

• 13th Jan 2015

Need a bigger kitchen

The best thing of Reggae Hostel (apart from its perfect location right on the beach) is its staff. All the guys were super friendly, helpful and a great part of our trip! Would recommend it to anyone!

Reggae hostel staff Chris, Andre and Shelly made my stay a special one. I stayed at the hostel for 4 nights and it was the best experience I ever had. The property is located next to the beach and hostel staff provides you with the pass to access the beach for free. Hostel is very clean and staff is very helpful. Kudos to the staff for that. I was able to make good friends there and Reggae Hostel will always be close to my heart. Keep the good work.

• 28th Dec 2014
  • India

The people are so frindly and helpful Regrads to shelly Hope you win

The staff here were just brilliant. They were both so lovely and helpful and nice to speak to. The room was the best I've ever stayed in - better than some hotels.

Reggae Hostel has an excellent staff, nice rooftop to hang out on, and is in a great location. Would definitely come back when I'm in Jamaica again!

• 10th Dec 2014

Wonderful staff! Eexcept the person who took an item from me. Wonderful location, walking distance to food,bank,market, beach and craft market. Well lite at night for those who love to stroll at night. Tourist security everywhere.

Very noisey hostel with music played til 11pm or later. Chris flirts with the women, especially the Europeans but seems ok. The older security guard offered me a private room for 'free' but I don't believe his intentions were pure. No hot water as it's only on during unsociable hours, and a towel must be hired. small lockers which cant store bags or suitcases. Unsure if I'd stay again had a hard time sleeping with all the noise, but the beach close by is a plus and it's private.

The price is reasonable, affordable and practical. It is excellent for us who have a narrow budget and still want to get away. The location is great because it is situated right in the hear of downtown Ocho Rios. I mean that ever amenity is within walking distance. I could not ask for more.

• 15th Aug 2014
  • Jamaica

The Reggae Hostel Ocho Rios is such a nice place! The staff are super lovely, helpful and caring. The beach is two seconds away, there's shopping around it and the major places to go for a night out are also within walking distance! The only problem is that there is no kitchen and its missing a more intentional communal space for guests to hang out and meet. Plan for a great stay, not having to pay for much transport , except to attractions around, and buying food outside.

• 4th Aug 2014