Reggae Hostel Reviews

8 Burlington Ave, Kingston 10, St. Andrew, Kingston, Jamaica

I enjoyed my stay in Reggae hostel, Kingston. I just think they need more toilets and showers because we had to wait a bit before we could go. also the backyard is a bit boring. but besides that it was a great hostel. Clean, good atmosphere, friendly staff and the location was good.

Absolutely great: there is coffee all day long, and dinner included!

• 27th Sep 2014

Definitely the place where you have to stay in Kingston. Best way to meet people, cool atmosphere AND free meal every night! The bathrooms are as clean as possible, the location is good as you're really close to Halfway tree, in a busy but nice area of the city. Really good value for money, would love to stay there again

Hi! My name is Marina and come from Spain. I booked a private room in Reggae Hostel and had the best experience in in a hostel ever. Apart from the stuff that are all very nice, helpful and friendly, the hostel is suuper clean, they clean the kitchen and bathroom several times a day, there is a big big patio to enjoy with the travellers and the stuff together suuper cool, the hostel is located in a residential area very safe. There is free meal at 6pm every day! The atmosphere is perfect!

• 15th Sep 2014
  • Spain

I really recommend. Good staff and lovely people. Always clean and every day they prepare something to eat in the evening. The location is great.

Very nice hostel overall. Wi-fi almost didn't work at all throughout my stay and mouse on communal computer was dysfunctional which made it very difficult to use. A/C in 6 bed dorm was also not working properly (very loud noise). Other than that hostel is very good.

Great place with excellent staff. Very secure.

I could not have had a better experience than I had at Reggae Hostel. The staff was wonderful--helpful, caring, friendly, responsive, and genuine. They helped me with phone calls and figuring out other things--they really ensure that the guests are well-taken care of. The property was very clean and spacious and all one needs is available--internet, lockers, bar, kitchen, etc. Kingston was a breath of fresh air and from the North Coast and it exceeded my expectations. Highly recommended!

Staff extremely helpful and always willing to help, however didn't always give the cheapest options for things and always recommended things that were based for tourists and not where most locals would go, hence always ended up paying more for things. The rooms are nice and clean, bathrooms cleaned regularly, a walk to the main area, safe and secure, breakfast basic. They organize activities at night which is great for meeting fellow travelers. Would recommend to others

Very good price,very very friendly personnel,keep going the job,God Bless You !

I loved the hostel, nice people and a positive vibe.

• 20th Jun 2014

Loved my stay here. Stayed for 4 days. Fans in rooms kind of kept the heat away. Very clean. Lovely staff at reception. Security very high. They have a security guard all night. Brekfast not particularly filling. Better than nothing. Love the dinner that they do once a week. Thank you Stacey and Zana! You ladies rock!

Great staff and chilled atmosphere. Large dorm room needs more ventilation and better internet otherwise a solid place to chill!

Great place to stay in Kingston.

This is one of the cleanest hostels I have ever stayed in. The friendly staff is always making sure that everything is clean and everyone is safe. Also, one of my favorite things about this property is that it is gated at all times and the guard makes sure no stray people get into the hostile! There is free breakfast and coffee made daily. The hostile is located in a great place because everything you need is within a walking distance or a short taxi or bus ride. I extended my stay twice.

We loved Reggae Hostel..! Felt really safe there and looked after! Ramon and Stacy - amazingly patient and helpful with our complicated travels plans, thank you! They changed now the reception to the front and the poor staff is running around a lot to fulfill everyone needs for print outs and drinks.. it was more sociable when everything was put together in the back yard. Some more chill out possibilities would be great!

• 24th Apr 2014