Reggae Hostel Reviews

8 Burlington Ave, Kingston 10, St. Andrew, Kingston, Jamaica

Great place with nice and friendly people. I stayed 1 night in the dorm, it was very clean, the open air patio was good, reggae music in the bar. 15 min. walk to the Half Way Tree bus staton. Breakfast was good coffee, toast and jam. I would come back again to this place.

i like that reggae hostel has two cute kittens!!

tHEBEST PLACE TO STAY BY FAR in kingston if you wana make great friends and havd the best time

• 1st Mar 2014

just perfect journey. thanks to the staff

This was my 3rd time saying at Reggae Hostel and each time it gets better and better. I am so happy this place is growing with travelers and with accommodations! Stayed in a dorm room and a private and both were great. The bathrooms are always clean and the staff, well they make the place! There is a grocery store and shopping plaza within a 1/2-1/4 mile walk. I would definitely recommend this place and will be staying here next time I visit Jamaica mon!

Very nice staff, a lot of fun in a hostel, they take care of every day. Nice that they have a bar inside...everything is perfect.

The staff is helpful and friendly, the facilities are clean and well kept, but the magic of Reggae Hostel lies in the fact that it is the only one located in Kingston Town, capital of Jamaica. You can meet young travelers from all over the world, attracted by the wonderful jamaican culture, born from centuries of unjustifiable suffering. RastafarI, reggae, Bob Marley, "a better way" are the topics most in vogue at the Reggae, all topped off by the obvious desire to have fun! See you.. ONE LOVE

• 7th Feb 2014

We encountered a helpful member of staff, unfortunately he was there for one day. The other staff were rude and unprofessional- to the point where I had to hunt out the cleaner's laundry cupboard to get my own sheets. The building has only two toilets for around 25 guests and one was shut during our stay. Don't stay here, it is a hostile and juvenile place!

Excellent place with friendly staff. Got most of the things that a backpacker is looking for. I just wish it was in a location that felt more safe during the evening. The place itself is very safe.

Maybe we had a bad luck, but we didn't had the option to sleep well and enjoy the good city. Terrible guests, but great staff!

I stayed here only for one night, so I cannot say too much about the location. Kingston is huge and I saw very little. Close to the hostel are nice restaurants and taxi is easy and fast to order via phone. People working in hostel are welcoming, friendly and helpful. And I got fresh coffee ready made every time I went to the kitchen. Yes!

• 6th Nov 2013
  • Finland

Such a great place to stay, the staff was amazing and so friendly and helpful. There is a lovely homey atmosphere which is so good for travellers. We ended up staying a few days more because we loved it there so much. I would definitely recommend it and return if ever I am in Kingston again.

Maybe the best place to stay in Kingston. I stayed in Reggae two times - when I arrived to Jamaica, and the night before departure, and I wasn't disappointed. The city is not so intersting, as well as the island in total but if you come there, it's better to stay in a real classic hostel.

Reggae Hostel is 15 minutes walking distance to the Half Way Tree bus terminal, as well as a supermarket. They are superb about arranging shared taxis for outings and the location in the middle of a residential area is safer than most -daytime hours a woman has no problems walking alone. Easy taxi or bus service to other sights - knowledgeable staff are generous with their time and smiles. The eight bed dorm is tight and very hot with only one fan, get a bed close to it. Clean bathrooms.