Reggae Hostel Reviews

8 Burlington Ave, Kingston 10, St. Andrew, Kingston, Jamaica

Pretty good hostel. Good location, Half Way Tree (big bus station) is a quick walk away. It's in a good part of town, and is on a quiet residential street. I even walked to Devon House and the Bob Marley Museum, and it wasn't too bad of a walk. I stayed on two separate nights though. The first night was good, the second night I noticed the bed I was in had bed bugs...so watch out for that.

A few issues with this Hostel, obviously it is new in its operation so there are a few points that need to be looked at. Firstly we were expecting a pre-arranged airport pickup service which didn't take place, our rooms air-con didn't work, there was no hot water for our shower, the shower head was spraying water sideways and needed replacing and the fridge was way too small for the amount of people in the Hostel. The hotels location is sketchy and can be dangerous at night, poor overall.

• 18th Dec 2014

I had the best time at Reggae Hostel during my 10 day stay in Kingston! The hostel has a real comfortable and homely feel, it's close to shops and Halfway Tree and there's an organized night out almost every single night. The facilities were great, hostel was clean and secure and the Jamaican breakfast every morning was awesome! The staff were great and next time I'm in Kingston, there's nowhere else I'd rather stay. I miss it already! One love!

Mario was very helpful and pleasant. The hostel itself has a large nice grounds and a decent social area but its pretty dirty and very crowded. Rooms are rubbish, rest of the hostel is okay, staff were great.

Loved the option to buy a fresh cooked breakfast .. And a free BBQ dinner every night? Awesome ! The grounds were sweet, owners helpful and organized. Lots of cool events and great atmosphere for meeting people. Bit of a rundown neighbourhood but Kingston isn't suburbia after all. Was sad I didn't have time to stay longer!

When the house is full and people are showering, it can be difficult to find the toilet. I suggest that Scott and the team consider adding at least one (And maybe two) separate toilet(s) - that way people don't have to wait for someone to finish showering when nature calls urgently.

• 29th Nov 2014

The Hostel ist ok.... although there was VERY loud music the whole day long! It was so annoying. Starting in the morning at 7.30 ending in the night at midnight or so. Not necessary. When it´s a disco-hostel please inform guests in advance!

Great friendly staff. Very helpful. Will stay again if I go back to Kingston and have already suggested it to a friend.

The special thing about this hostel is the atmosphere between the guests. Inside the hostel, there is real jamaikan flaire! I would definetly come back.

Loved every moment I spent there. It was like living a big house with a big family from all over the world. The staff is simply the best and they are there to help you with whatever you need at any time of the day. Their airport taxi service is also cheaper than a regular taxi service. Very clean place over all, excellent kitchen, bar, backyard, music. Wifi connection is pretty good in the living areas. One of the best hostels I have stayed at so far.

I enjoyed my stay in Reggae hostel, Kingston. I just think they need more toilets and showers because we had to wait a bit before we could go. also the backyard is a bit boring. but besides that it was a great hostel. Clean, good atmosphere, friendly staff and the location was good.

Absolutely great: there is coffee all day long, and dinner included!

• 27th Sep 2014

Definitely the place where you have to stay in Kingston. Best way to meet people, cool atmosphere AND free meal every night! The bathrooms are as clean as possible, the location is good as you're really close to Halfway tree, in a busy but nice area of the city. Really good value for money, would love to stay there again

Hi! My name is Marina and come from Spain. I booked a private room in Reggae Hostel and had the best experience in in a hostel ever. Apart from the stuff that are all very nice, helpful and friendly, the hostel is suuper clean, they clean the kitchen and bathroom several times a day, there is a big big patio to enjoy with the travellers and the stuff together suuper cool, the hostel is located in a residential area very safe. There is free meal at 6pm every day! The atmosphere is perfect!

• 15th Sep 2014
  • Spain

I really recommend. Good staff and lovely people. Always clean and every day they prepare something to eat in the evening. The location is great.

Very nice hostel overall. Wi-fi almost didn't work at all throughout my stay and mouse on communal computer was dysfunctional which made it very difficult to use. A/C in 6 bed dorm was also not working properly (very loud noise). Other than that hostel is very good.