Reggae Hostel Reviews

8 Burlington Ave, Kingston 10, St. Andrew, Kingston, Jamaica

I've stayed @ quite a few hostels during my years of traveling... And I'd have to say that reggae hostel is on my top 3 list. The staff here is amazing! Esp Nikki! The property is spacious with plenty of bathrooms (4 to be exact). They even have security at all times! I can't wait to go back and revisit Kingston! Thank you for a wonderful time!!

Very secure and safe hostel in Kingston. Shops and restaurants only a short walk away, and Halfway Tree bus station was about a 10 minute walk away. Nice big yard in the back to chill out and mix with other travellers. The rooms were a little small and tight, but there was plenty of other room elsewhere in the hostel to hang out.

I had a beautiful time in the reggae hostel! Lovely people everywhere! You have to go there!! Ita really clean and it was so much fun!!

Pretty good hostel. Good location, Half Way Tree (big bus station) is a quick walk away. It's in a good part of town, and is on a quiet residential street. I even walked to Devon House and the Bob Marley Museum, and it wasn't too bad of a walk. I stayed on two separate nights though. The first night was good, the second night I noticed the bed I was in had bed bugs...so watch out for that.

A few issues with this Hostel, obviously it is new in its operation so there are a few points that need to be looked at. Firstly we were expecting a pre-arranged airport pickup service which didn't take place, our rooms air-con didn't work, there was no hot water for our shower, the shower head was spraying water sideways and needed replacing and the fridge was way too small for the amount of people in the Hostel. The hotels location is sketchy and can be dangerous at night, poor overall.

• 18th Dec 2014

I had the best time at Reggae Hostel during my 10 day stay in Kingston! The hostel has a real comfortable and homely feel, it's close to shops and Halfway Tree and there's an organized night out almost every single night. The facilities were great, hostel was clean and secure and the Jamaican breakfast every morning was awesome! The staff were great and next time I'm in Kingston, there's nowhere else I'd rather stay. I miss it already! One love!

Mario was very helpful and pleasant. The hostel itself has a large nice grounds and a decent social area but its pretty dirty and very crowded. Rooms are rubbish, rest of the hostel is okay, staff were great.

Loved the option to buy a fresh cooked breakfast .. And a free BBQ dinner every night? Awesome ! The grounds were sweet, owners helpful and organized. Lots of cool events and great atmosphere for meeting people. Bit of a rundown neighbourhood but Kingston isn't suburbia after all. Was sad I didn't have time to stay longer!

When the house is full and people are showering, it can be difficult to find the toilet. I suggest that Scott and the team consider adding at least one (And maybe two) separate toilet(s) - that way people don't have to wait for someone to finish showering when nature calls urgently.

• 29th Nov 2014

The Hostel ist ok.... although there was VERY loud music the whole day long! It was so annoying. Starting in the morning at 7.30 ending in the night at midnight or so. Not necessary. When it´s a disco-hostel please inform guests in advance!

Great friendly staff. Very helpful. Will stay again if I go back to Kingston and have already suggested it to a friend.

The special thing about this hostel is the atmosphere between the guests. Inside the hostel, there is real jamaikan flaire! I would definetly come back.