Reggae Mansion Kuala Lumpur Reviews

49-59, Jalan Tun H.S Lee, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I am very happy with my stay! The hostel was clean, very nice staff and I loved the rooftop bar! The restaurant was very nice and the BBQ served on the rooftop Sunday thru Wednesday was a good deal! I would definitely recommend this place to everyone and will stay there again the time I am in KL.

Party party! Love this place.

Thanks for staying,come back next time for more party!

4 of us got booted out and banned for life for partying. No alcohol in the dorms? Wtf. What a joke of a party hostel. Quazam security guard is a loser

This is a bro party hostel, make no mistake. Its in a great location and the facilities are good, but if you dont want bass thumping through your walls at night its not for you. Very pro as far as hostels go, but not my scene. I wouldnt stay again. I also found the staff rather cold and standoffish.

I am very happy and recommend this to everybody. It is clean and safe. You can have lot fun on the roof top bar! :) Breakfast is a bit strange by the way... ;)

• 14th Sep 2014

This is a party hostel and so if you are looking for a quiet place to have a good night rest, this place is certainly not for you unless you have your earplugs on. The music was loud and I could hear it at my bed until 3am. That said, the rest of the hostel was top notch.

First thing, this is a hostel with pub on rooftop so you make sure you can sleep with the noise. They usually stop partying around 1-2am. GOOD: close distance to train station, nice breakfast, very warm shower. BAD: noise problem at night, people packing bag chatting loudly inside room. still a very good hostel with good price. my TOP 3 in Asia

The location and facilities are great. Breakfast changes slightly every day with the option to purchase other items. Only issue was that I had to basically walk by a lounge and the front reception area door to shower.

The hostel surprised me positively under every aspects. The 24 mix dorms room gives you lot more privacy than other single rooms in other hostels. The staff is friendly and the rooftop bar is amazing at nights and for meeting international people! Totally happy about the experience here!

• 11th Sep 2014

Make sure you get a receipt for your adapter deposit. I was denied to have it refunded as it was not clearly documented.

Dear Guest, Thank you for your review. We would like to remind our guests that all the transactions done during the day are properly documented. We have log book and reports to support it. There are times that guests are claiming they have put a deposit but actually they don't and would like to have money back.

Friendly and helpful staff, clean, nice amenities and great location. A nice hostel for both chilling out and having a good time at the bar upstairs. Free earplugs are a nice consideration because they are needed on Fridays and Saturdays if you want to escape the noise.

• 8th Sep 2014

We loved this hostel. We were 3 girls staying in a private room the first night. Although it's a "party hostel", as soon as we closed the door to our room, the music rooftop party was completely silenced. I stayed in the female dorm for my second night after my friends left, and was really impressed by the set-up in the dorms. Each bed is pretty much like its own little capsule hotel. The free breakfast was good value for a hostel (other places we stayed at only had toast and coffee).

The stay was one of the best in a hostel I ever enjoyed. I already stayed in the Reggae Mansion in Penang which was good but KL is even better. I highly recommend checking in if you are in KL. It's more than worth it.

Very Nice hostel with good facilities. In that hostel there's always someone cleaning... Good breakfast and many places to "hang over" or to "chill". The bar on the roof top is also great.

I didn't give this hostel a higher rating because in my dorm room the smell of moisture was quite strong. I didn't like that much the fact that on friday night they make very noisy parties: good thing if you want to have fun, not so good if you're tired after a long flight... The staff was happy to help and the place is decently clean.

Many thanks to Salman, Beth, Ruby, and Lovely for looking after me at Reggae Mansion for one month! :) They were very helpful every single day of my stay. Everything was generally great at RM although I do hope that it relaxes on the number of rules and signs (e.g. legal disclaimers everywhere) and on the number of security doors. The only reason I mention this is that typically I would only have to go through one or two doors maximum to reach my room but it was six at RM.

• 27th Aug 2014

Super friendly, awesome breakfast and very clean facilities!!! I can fully recomend this hostel, I stayed 1 year in Australia and never found a hostel like this. Also the rooftopbar is great, If I come back to KL Im 100% sure to take this hostel again. Thank you so much Luka :-D

• 27th Aug 2014

Booked a private room, was so clean and the shared bathroom was as clean. Great location, Breakfast was really good, staff were super helpful even got us a map and gave us directions we needed to get about. Didn't get to use the roof garden or cinema room as we only stayed one night.

• 27th Aug 2014

Reggae Mansion is located in the centre of KL just next to chinatown. We really felt at home there and met loads of nice people. Please bear in mind that it is a music and party hostel and bring earplugs, because it might get a bit louder in the evenings!

This is an excellent hostel. My biggest complain is it feels a little bit like a prison. They have cameras literally EVERYWHERE and someone is CONSTANTLY monitoring you. Too much of a big brother situation for my liking. They had cameras inside my dorm room. Crazy!

Dear Guest, We really appreciate your feedback. Guests can stay in smaller dorms or private rooms if they need privacy. The cameras around the place is to ensure the safety of the guest.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7