Reggae Mansion Kuala Lumpur Reviews

49-59, Jalan Tun H.S Lee, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

The overall helpfull staff wanted to cheat us while ordering a taxi to the airport. On the street you fan easily find a taxi for 80 ringit, they wanted from me the double price with some stupid explanation. Do not expect too much at breakfast.

• 24th Feb 2015
  • Poland

Dear Guest, Before you booked the taxi the corresponding prices had been presented to you. How can you say you have been cheated? You are not forced to book taxi with us in the first place. And we would like to remind our guests that we are only serving BASIC BREAKFAST so please do not expect a 10 meter long breakfast buffet for that matter.

This hostel was recommended to me by a friend. The beds are big, the showers are clean, and the staff is very friendly. It is a party hostel, so this is the place for you if you're looking to have fun in KL.

Not really a party hostel!!! Don't get me wrong, the rooftop bar is amazing for meeting people. But I met a nice girl there and security did not allow her through even though I had a private room. Yet they allow people from outside the hostel up to the rooftop bar. Moreover if you talk with more than a whisper in the common areas after 11pm security comes running. I also booked a shuttle to the airport through them and was waiting in the lobby chair and once again the security guy kicked me out.

This is one of the nicest hostels I have stayed in. Breakfast was a bit of a let down cause everything else was such a high standard

We booked a twin room. It was so small and claustrophobic. The bathrooms were not very nice. The staff when we checked in were really nice and helpful but the staff on in the morning when we checked out weren't great. The rooftop bar was cool and it was in a good location - getting around the city was easy.

We stayed at this hostel twice and had two completely different experiences. The first time we had a two person room with a shared bath and got a room on the first floor. The staff was really helpful and we really liked it. Then, between the 13-14, the night staff when was very unhelpful and didn't seem to know what was going on or rude. We had booked the same style room but was put in an awful bunk bed room close to the bar. The party that night went on til 3a and wasn't worth joining.

really poor breakfast, not too friendly staff

Best hostel I've stayed in. Clean, comfy, good facilities, nor far from metro or bus station

Room smelt like a wet rug.

• 9th Feb 2015

Was awesome it's such a good hostel. Has everything you need cleanliness and party atmosphere

• 8th Feb 2015

Nice hostel! Beware that its a party hostel, they also have more quiet rooms (you can ask for it!). I miss a relaxing room (only reception) and the breakfast is very simple (they should add eggs..).. Rooftop bar is cool but expensive food in hostel.

• 8th Feb 2015

rooms were not that nice. Bunk beds are difficult to climb. Bar insanely overpriced. Had to print sensitive data and didnt want to send it to the hostel mail. As a consequence I couldnt print it as the staff refused to let me login and download the file on their computer.

What a cool place!!

Huge hostel w/ tons of things backpackers love! They have an awesome roof top bar, great beds in the dorm rooms, good place to eat & has a cool Victorian feel to it. By becoming so big tho they've sacrificed in other areas. Above Avg rooms at Above avg costs, stifled atmosphere, & front desk staff is professional but didn't mention many things that other front desks do (ie. KL busses are free, here's how to get to...) They didn't mention the Thaipusam festival going on at the time, just too busy

First time I've written a review because this hostel was amazing! We've been travelling for five months and this is the best place we have stayed, easily. Stayed in the 16 bed dorm but the pod style beds are private and quiet and SO comfy, it feels like a hotel. Great facilities, cinema and roof top bar. Perfect location, right near the train. Don't stay anywhere else in KL!

• 31st Jan 2015

If you like to party, book this hostel, if not, prehaps find another:) The rooms and bed and showers were really good btw!

This has the feel of a hotel not a hostel from the minute you walk in. The staff on the front desk are dealing with so many people that at times are rude just asking for a map gets you a blank face and a map shoved in front of you with no advice on the area not the hostel vibe I have grown to love around the world. The cafe downstairs plays techno at 3 in the afternoon with terrible WiFi all over the place. Great bar on the roof but on quiet nights the bar staff try too hard to create atmosphere

Great hostel, very luxurious compared to other hostels I've stayed in! It might be a little pricier than others but I've enjoyed myself there and met some cool people. Only downside is that if you want to go to the rooftopbar in the evening, you HAVE to buy a drink and they were expensive - not hostelfriendly prices

This seems to be quite an upscale hostel for KL, and is very enjoyable. It was the first time by hostel bed has had its own "cubby" rather than being a simple bunk bed. The rooftop bar has a great view, the downstairs restaurant is quite good, and the place even has its own cinema. Do note, however: there are multiple hostels with the name "Reggae." My maps app sent me to the wrong one, and it took me forever to find the actual "Reggae Mansion." Also, the wifi often got bogged down.

A good hostel, but a bit over rated. The atmosphere was good on the roof top bar, and it's really cool up there. The rest of the hostel seems to lack something... no sense of community like there is in other hostels we've been in. Maybe my expectations were too high as everyone raved on about this hostel. Overall a decent place, with good staff. Wifi was shocking at times; pretty inconsistent connection, but that's not really a big deal. Would stay at back home hostel if in Kl again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7