Reggae Mansion Kuala Lumpur Reviews

49-59, Jalan Tun H.S Lee, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I found reggae mansion to be very clean and very safe. However, it wasn't the 'party hostel' we were expecting and we got pretty bored each of the three nights we stayed there. The rooftop bar looked good but lacked atmosphere. Maybe we just hit a boring bunch of people. The staff were very friendly and helpful and overall the hostel is very good.

Reggae Mansion is definitely worth the praise it gets. The dorms are clean, the pod style beds are awesome for feeling like I had my own space in a huge dorm room. The only problem was that the AC was on full blast and I was absolutely freezing. The breakfast was ok, toast or some sort of noodle that seemed like leftover from dinner last night but maybe not. The potato wedges were pretty good. Nice central location near transportation and buses. Rooftop has an awesome view.

I stayed here for total of 6 nights. Everything was great. Just check my overall review here: http://iamryshel.com/2015/01/21/six-nights-at-reggae-mansion-kl/ Thanks for the wonderful time Reggae Mansion! :-)

Let me get one thing straight... There is no Reggae at this Mansion. Sky blue walls... More like sky white walls! Best hostel I've ever stayed in! A really good atmosphere! After drinking a little too much at the rooftop bar, security kicked me out just in the knick of time! They were so nice that they even carried to my room, as my legs forget how to walk.... Dreams are made and then shattered to make new dreams! Great Hostel, keep up the good work chaps!

Good facilities, breakfast, location and clean rooms. I'm glad I had a hard copy of my booking though as the receptionist struggled to locate it on the system and initially insisted I had none. Subsequently, when I checked out after two nights, I was told that I was supposed to check out the previous day on the system. I showed my receipt and booking ref yet again which they, somewhat reluctantly, accepted as proof. Overall a good hostel but a slightly strange attitude from the reception staff.

Awesome hostel in the hearth of KL. Continental breakfast included in price and nice comfortable matrasses. Everything is kept really clean and one of the facilities is an awesome cinema room. The roof top terrace is a nice place to party/hang out at night and there is a good restaurant at the ground floor which serves well prepared (but relatively small size) european dishes

Nice clean, safe feeling hostel. We were in a double private room which was plenty big enough for wha we needed and quiet and comfortable. Very happy and good location, near petaling street and chinatown.

Great location. Helpful and friendly staffs. Good breakfast. Awesome rooftop bar. Here's how Reggae Mansion gave me a blast on my first night which made me extend my stay. http://iamryshel.com/2015/01/15/first-night-in-reggae-mansion-kl/

Had stayed here before in 2013, really enjoyed it so thought I'd go back. However in that time I felt the place just wasn't as good. The staff certainly weren't as friendly as before, like it was an effort to give you any advice let alone a smile. The music also seemed a lot louder this time round late on so definitely not your best bet when you've been travelling for over 24 hours !

Nice rooftop bar with very overpriced drinks, ok music and decent view. Plenty of liquor places around to get your own much cheaper. Dont book the city tour as you can do it yourself relatively cheap with the train system there. Nice cinema room that is not free and plays bootleg movies. Tons of food options as well very close, outside of the expensive restaurant. Great AC and the wifi was up and down at times.

Great place to meet people from all over the world, the beds were so comfy we didn't want to leave, the bar can be expensive upstairs but you have to remember you're in KL, however, the drinks get cheaper the later it gets :) Laundry is cheap and done in 3 hrs which is awesome. The rooftop bar alone is worth staying here!

staff at reception could be friendlier, anytime anyone approached the desk they just seemed uninterested and not at all friendly.

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. Met lots of great people at the rooftop bar which has a great view. Very clean, decent enough breakfast, comfy beds, free COLD drinking water and good showers. Easy to get around KL with a LRT stop nearby. Would highly recommend staying here :)

The worst thing - it was not possible to open the window in the room - absolutely no fresh air. Otherwise ok.

• 9th Jan 2015
  • Slovakia

Great hostel to stay in. I had comfortable 4 nights stay here as I extended. Amazing views and great place to meet people. Staff were a little straight to the point but friendly enough and the water fountains on each level were a great touch. Very clean hostel with great facilities would definitely recommend and stay again.

Rooms are quite small and top bunks are ridiculously high and the ladder to reach them is steep and could be hard to climb for some. Also be prepared to lock your valuables away (with your own padlock) because the room doors are not locked automatically. Security outside of this is good though - inner doors require a passcode. Bar and restaurant are nice enough, with friendly staff. Breakfast is poor but with it being a "party" hostel I don't suppose many people make it to breakfast.

The security guard is a hero!!

amazing rooftop bar, breakfast was very good, staff lovely, location perfect, would definitely recommend it and come back if ever in KL again!

Absolutely loved this hostel, was apprehensive at first to spend the extra money as it seemed pricey, but was totally worth it. Met so many amazing like-minded travellers who made my birthday one to remember on the roof top bar! Rooms are super comfy, I stayed in a 16 bed dorm but saw the 24 bed dorm and recommend it because it is HUGE! All in all the best hostel I've ever stayed in. Oh and ps- the showers are to die for.

A very good party hostel, but with a lot of privacy in the dorms! You can see the cleaning and security staff to every time in the house. Also the breakfast is a little bit bigger than in other hostels.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7