Reggae Mansion Kuala Lumpur Reviews

49-59, Jalan Tun H.S Lee, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I booked here because some fellow students were staying here, without realizing this was a "Party Hostel". Thankfully I fell asleep over the loud rooftop music anyway, but I really did not like the atmosphere. If you want a trashy rooftop party scene, book here. If you have your own padlock, bring it; otherwise you have to buy one from them to secure your belongings. Good city tours offered. Top bunks are weirdly high up. Good facilities though, and decent location, but KL is sort of boring.

Definitely a party hostel with the music bumping till the late hours of the night. Awesome place to stay, showers were the best I have seen in Southeast Asia with excellent hot water. Breakfast was small but good as is any that is included with a hostel and location was right near the masjid jamek termail which is central to Kuala Lumpur!! Worth a stay and a visit to the rooftop bar!!

Great hostel in a great location. I loved the 7 wonders of KL tour and would stay here again if I came back to KL!

Good in general, Nice building, very nice rooftop. BUT way too noisy in the rooms. We could hear the music from the rooftop bar even in what they call the "quiet" rooms, and even with earplugs. Even worse in the "loud" rooms. Also, too hot in the bathrooms!

Nice place to stay but it can be noisy in night time. Cleaners come in your room very often, sometimes a bit annoying. Breakfast is good and hot showers.

I love staying in the Reggae Mansion! I stayed in the four bed dorm which was pretty cool! Love the beds! Pretty private and comfy! The rooftop Bar is definitely worth a visit! Selling alcohol by the bucket ;) great place! Metro station nearby where you can get around easily with!

The hostel itself wasn't bad - room and facilities were clean and the location was quite good. However, Reggae-Mansion is a really big hostel, which means that it lacks the friendly atmosphere I have found in other hostels. The rooftop bar is a nice plus, though it was maybe a bit too party-ish for me.

Great atmosphere, ideal to know people. We had a single room, confortable.

• 9th Aug 2014

This is a really nice place, quite close to Chinatown and the Central Market, and a half hour walk from the Pavilion. Very clean and the staff are friendly. My only complaint would be that it's described as a 'party' hostel, but we kept getting yelled at for making too much noise...at 10pm. Once the bar closes, there's no common room. But overall, a nice place.

Everything was good. Nice people, clean and rooftop bar. But building has no elevator(lift) so that was the only little thing that bothers me especially when i carry my luggage to 3rd floor. Anyway overall i enjoyed in Reggae Mansion KL and wanna go back !!

• 7th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

Great hostel, helpful staff. Cool beds and good breakfast. All ya need and more!

Amazing hostel, perfect for backpackers who want a good quiet night sleep. Brilliant rooftop party and a great location!

Friedly and helpful staff, perfect located hostel, rooftop bar with nice city view.

• 30th Jul 2014

Great hostel, with a lot of privacy even in the dorms and also great roof top bar.

Probably the highlight of my stay in KL - a proper diamond in the rough. Clean and beautiful hostel in a good location. Rooftop bar has an amazing view of the petronas towers and KL Tower. Such a great social vibe and the nightly games make it a lot of fun. Dorms are a great size and the showers are warm and clean. Highly recommend this hostel for any backpackers in Kuala Lumpur.

Great location , cool dorms, awesome vibe , wild rooftop parties

• 25th Jul 2014

We had a twin private room - this included a safe which was a bonus for a hostel. Rooms were clean and the water was even warm for a shower! The location was excellent and you were within walking distance of all the main attractions in the city. The rooftop bar was great to meet people - the only downside was that there was a private party there one night for young teenswhich killed the atmosphere. I would definately stay here again, it was excellent! :-)

• 24th Jul 2014

The showers and toilets were very clean and the prices at the bar were excellent. The top bunk beds were a bit scary to get into because they were so high but we liked having the private pods.

Great hostel with loads of activities going on and an amazing bar! Very central location near the markets and train station.

This is the best hostel I have seen. It caters perfectly both solo travelers and small groups. It'll be perfect if there isn't hair on my bed and the male receptionist could look at me when he's talking to me. it's not a big deal.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7