Reggae Mansion Kuala Lumpur Reviews

49-59, Jalan Tun H.S Lee, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

This is a party hostel and so if you are looking for a quiet place to have a good night rest, this place is certainly not for you unless you have your earplugs on. The music was loud and I could hear it at my bed until 3am. That said, the rest of the hostel was top notch.

First thing, this is a hostel with pub on rooftop so you make sure you can sleep with the noise. They usually stop partying around 1-2am. GOOD: close distance to train station, nice breakfast, very warm shower. BAD: noise problem at night, people packing bag chatting loudly inside room. still a very good hostel with good price. my TOP 3 in Asia

The hostel surprised me positively under every aspects. The 24 mix dorms room gives you lot more privacy than other single rooms in other hostels. The staff is friendly and the rooftop bar is amazing at nights and for meeting international people! Totally happy about the experience here!

• 11th Sep 2014

Make sure you get a receipt for your adapter deposit. I was denied to have it refunded as it was not clearly documented.

Dear Guest, Thank you for your review. We would like to remind our guests that all the transactions done during the day are properly documented. We have log book and reports to support it. There are times that guests are claiming they have put a deposit but actually they don't and would like to have money back.

We loved this hostel. We were 3 girls staying in a private room the first night. Although it's a "party hostel", as soon as we closed the door to our room, the music rooftop party was completely silenced. I stayed in the female dorm for my second night after my friends left, and was really impressed by the set-up in the dorms. Each bed is pretty much like its own little capsule hotel. The free breakfast was good value for a hostel (other places we stayed at only had toast and coffee).

The stay was one of the best in a hostel I ever enjoyed. I already stayed in the Reggae Mansion in Penang which was good but KL is even better. I highly recommend checking in if you are in KL. It's more than worth it.

Very Nice hostel with good facilities. In that hostel there's always someone cleaning... Good breakfast and many places to "hang over" or to "chill". The bar on the roof top is also great.

I didn't give this hostel a higher rating because in my dorm room the smell of moisture was quite strong. I didn't like that much the fact that on friday night they make very noisy parties: good thing if you want to have fun, not so good if you're tired after a long flight... The staff was happy to help and the place is decently clean.

Super friendly, awesome breakfast and very clean facilities!!! I can fully recomend this hostel, I stayed 1 year in Australia and never found a hostel like this. Also the rooftopbar is great, If I come back to KL Im 100% sure to take this hostel again. Thank you so much Luka :-D

• 27th Aug 2014

Booked a private room, was so clean and the shared bathroom was as clean. Great location, Breakfast was really good, staff were super helpful even got us a map and gave us directions we needed to get about. Didn't get to use the roof garden or cinema room as we only stayed one night.

• 27th Aug 2014

Reggae Mansion is located in the centre of KL just next to chinatown. We really felt at home there and met loads of nice people. Please bear in mind that it is a music and party hostel and bring earplugs, because it might get a bit louder in the evenings!

This is an excellent hostel. My biggest complain is it feels a little bit like a prison. They have cameras literally EVERYWHERE and someone is CONSTANTLY monitoring you. Too much of a big brother situation for my liking. They had cameras inside my dorm room. Crazy!

Dear Guest, We really appreciate your feedback. Guests can stay in smaller dorms or private rooms if they need privacy. The cameras around the place is to ensure the safety of the guest.

We really loved reggae mansion, its cleaning, structure, roof top, the breakfast and the nice atmosphere. Nothing else to say :) hope to be back soob

• 24th Aug 2014

Very nice hostel with cool roof top bar. Location is good!

I stayed in one of the private rooms, I had a window so you could hear the music from the rooftop bar. Friends told me that they couldn't hear anything in the dorms. I was under the impression that my room came with a bathroom but it was shared between 6 rooms which wasn't a problem as not many people but not what I thought I was paying for. Apart from those two little things I was really happy with my stay at reggae and would definitely go back. The rooftop bar is definitely a highlight!!!

I really liked the staff and the atmosphere.

Do not take a tour alone as a young female traveller. Overall the hostel was amazing, better than some hitels I've stayed in and the 7 wonders tour was good but be wary as a lone traveller.

• 17th Aug 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

I booked here because some fellow students were staying here, without realizing this was a "Party Hostel". Thankfully I fell asleep over the loud rooftop music anyway, but I really did not like the atmosphere. If you want a trashy rooftop party scene, book here. If you have your own padlock, bring it; otherwise you have to buy one from them to secure your belongings. Good city tours offered. Top bunks are weirdly high up. Good facilities though, and decent location, but KL is sort of boring.

Dear Guest, Thank you for your review. May we remind our guests once who booked in a hostel it is expected of you to take care your own belongings.The hostel provided you a place to keep your stuff therefore Guest should be responsible in safe keeping of their personal stuff.

Ver nice place and very well located. Facilities are great. Good breakfast. Bunkbed very spacious and provided with lamp and plug. Too noisy on saturday night due to rooftop party.

The rooftop bar provided with an excellent place to wind down after a long day out.

• 15th Aug 2014