Reggae Mansion Kuala Lumpur Reviews

49-59, Jalan Tun H.S Lee, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

This may have bee the worst staffed hostel I've ever stayed at in 4 months of travel in SE Asia. Beautiful facilities and design, but the staff really ruined my time here. Between general disinterest in any of my concerns from basic things like food recommendations to things as simple as extending my stay here (with the constant response of 'come back tomorrow morning' until the facilites werere full), I also had the rooftop DJ deny music requests from me and friends because 'he wanted to sleep'

Great atmosphere and a great bar!

Had a very good stay in Reggae mansion. Location, cleaningness of dorm room and toilets was perfect. Rooftop bar is awesome for socialising in the evening, A+!

Decent hostel, rooms are good, a little bit of a walk from the towers if that's something you want to see, free dinner is really nice and the rooms are well kept. Would stay again.

Great hostel for partying. Rooms and bathrooms clean. Rooftop bar is amazing. Towels provided. Air con is decent. Free dinner at night was pretty average (but was free!) If you're worried about noise, request to stay on the bottom floor. I had no problems sleeping. I imagine the floor above mine may have been a little different. I was staying in the 4 bed mixed dorm. The top bunk is a bit of struggle to get in and out of - especially after a few beers. Would come back

By far the best hostel I have ever stayed in. I loved the individual beds with lamps, plugs and a curtain. I felt like I had my own little room. The rooftop bar was amazing!!! We had such a blast dancing and meeting new people. I wish I could have stayed longer at this hostel!!!

Reggae mansion is a great hostel; very very large complex with a restaurant, multiple seating areas and rooftop bars. It's near a metro station which is really nice to get around the town. Free dinner every night and they have cheap breakfast in the attached restaurant! Great vibes and the staff was very helpful even when we had trouble with the wifi they constantly tried to fix it and gave us other places to go to if we needed it.

Fantastic place to stay. Friendly staff and great rooms.

Awesome place to stay while in KL! Just round the corner from the train station, ideal location to get anywhere. The hostel is so cool and the capsule beds are amazing. Great aircon in the rooms & always kept clean. The free dinner is awesome. The only thing that could be better is the friendliness of the staff, not all of them but some are really miserable and give off an unpleasant vibe. Especially the restaurant staff, they are really unwelcoming.

No Windows on the rooms, too expansive for what it is

• 25th Jan 2016

Dear Guest, Please note that before you book with us the rooms were described and you are aware of the prices too. Please read and understand all informations before making any booking to avoid disappointments. Thank you

Having been recommended this place several times I was quite disappointed. The facilities are good, everything is clean, wifi is good when it's working. The staff are a bit rude, when they help you it seems like you are a massive inconvenience to them. The beds are quite dangerous if you are in top bunk, very steep and high. The free food is good. It's okay for a night or 2, wouldn't stay for longer than that.

A little pretentious, the staff wernt all that friendly but the 4 bed dorms provide privacy and comfort. The wifi connection is awful but the free dinner and juice is a nice touch.

Air conditioner was not working and we had to leave the door open as the room was too hot to sleep in. Breakfast menu can be improved as it's mainly egg based meals and very limited. Does not really suit European travellers

• 23rd Jan 2016

I had an amazing stay at Reggae Mansion! Read a lot of good reviews about the 24 bed dorm and therefore changed my mind as I wanted to book 8 bed first. The big dorm was amazing! I really liked the spacious room. The beds are huge and very comfortable, I was lucky to even have one with a window! The rooftop bar is great and as the 24 bed dorm is in another part of the building it's still quiet there. Security is very good, the place is clean and I will definitely come back!!

• 18th Jan 2016

Great hostel to party and rest! Good location and clean! Recommended

This is a Massive hostel ! Has everything you need there, showers are fantastic and the laundry can be completed in about 3hrs for very cheap. It is a party hostel so expect loud music, no complaints from me though. Big beds in a private compartment, spot on.

After arriving late from a delayed flight we found reception staff were not helpful or knowledgable about what was open for a late dinner. Room was nice with comfortable beds and air con. The shared bathroom was quite far from our room. And there were lots of people who had to share the facilities. Rooftop bar party every night until 3am is fantastic! View of the Petronas towers, drinks and a dance floor. Easy to meet great young travellers. Rooms on the ground floor are quiet until 3am.

• 12th Jan 2016

This is a great party hostel. The shining gem is their rooftop bar - wow! Cheap drinks (those buckets are killer) and a good atmosphere. The staff is also very friendly.

Good place for central KL, prepare to party or bring earplugs if you have an early flight.

The hostel was very clean, the beds we're comfortable, and the nightly party at the rooftop bar was a lot of fun (if a little repetitive after the 2nd night). The hostel was a little too big for me-too many people. The staff treated me as if I was a guest in a hotel-friendly-but not overly warm. Other then the roof top bar-no real common area. -(just small courtyards). A great location in town though-easy to find, and can even be spotted off the KL tower!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7