Reggae Mansion Kuala Lumpur Reviews

49-59, Jalan Tun H.S Lee, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I booked here because some fellow students were staying here, without realizing this was a "Party Hostel". Thankfully I fell asleep over the loud rooftop music anyway, but I really did not like the atmosphere. If you want a trashy rooftop party scene, book here. If you have your own padlock, bring it; otherwise you have to buy one from them to secure your belongings. Good city tours offered. Top bunks are weirdly high up. Good facilities though, and decent location, but KL is sort of boring.

Definitely a party hostel with the music bumping till the late hours of the night. Awesome place to stay, showers were the best I have seen in Southeast Asia with excellent hot water. Breakfast was small but good as is any that is included with a hostel and location was right near the masjid jamek termail which is central to Kuala Lumpur!! Worth a stay and a visit to the rooftop bar!!

Great hostel in a great location. I loved the 7 wonders of KL tour and would stay here again if I came back to KL!

Nice place to stay but it can be noisy in night time. Cleaners come in your room very often, sometimes a bit annoying. Breakfast is good and hot showers.

Great atmosphere, ideal to know people. We had a single room, confortable.

• 9th Aug 2014

This is a really nice place, quite close to Chinatown and the Central Market, and a half hour walk from the Pavilion. Very clean and the staff are friendly. My only complaint would be that it's described as a 'party' hostel, but we kept getting yelled at for making too much noise...at 10pm. Once the bar closes, there's no common room. But overall, a nice place.

Everything was good. Nice people, clean and rooftop bar. But building has no elevator(lift) so that was the only little thing that bothers me especially when i carry my luggage to 3rd floor. Anyway overall i enjoyed in Reggae Mansion KL and wanna go back !!

• 7th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

Great hostel, helpful staff. Cool beds and good breakfast. All ya need and more!

Amazing hostel, perfect for backpackers who want a good quiet night sleep. Brilliant rooftop party and a great location!

Friedly and helpful staff, perfect located hostel, rooftop bar with nice city view.

• 30th Jul 2014

Great hostel, with a lot of privacy even in the dorms and also great roof top bar.

Great location , cool dorms, awesome vibe , wild rooftop parties

• 25th Jul 2014

We had a twin private room - this included a safe which was a bonus for a hostel. Rooms were clean and the water was even warm for a shower! The location was excellent and you were within walking distance of all the main attractions in the city. The rooftop bar was great to meet people - the only downside was that there was a private party there one night for young teenswhich killed the atmosphere. I would definately stay here again, it was excellent! :-)

• 24th Jul 2014

The showers and toilets were very clean and the prices at the bar were excellent. The top bunk beds were a bit scary to get into because they were so high but we liked having the private pods.

Great hostel with loads of activities going on and an amazing bar! Very central location near the markets and train station.

This is the best hostel I have seen. It caters perfectly both solo travelers and small groups. It'll be perfect if there isn't hair on my bed and the male receptionist could look at me when he's talking to me. it's not a big deal.

Very nice hostel in terms of decor, cleanliness and facilities. We didn't find the rooftop bar worthwhile but that would depend on the people staying in the hostel at the time, less social/friendly than other places. Huge shout out to Ong who took us on tour to the Elephant Sanctuary (highly recommended!!) which was one of the best days in our entire holiday. He is super helpful and has some great tips. Wifi wasn't great, breakfast is awesome and free! Walking distance to Petaling St.

Very noisy!! So much noise because of the roof top partys until 3-4am that are hosted by the hostel itself.Very unfriendly people working there, arrogant and really not willing to listen to our complains. Wouldn't go there again, and am not that picky usually

• 20th Jul 2014

Dear Guest, Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear of your less than satisfactory experience with us. Please note that Reggae Mansion is a party hostel. It was stated on our website when you booked and upon checked in it was highlighted to you as well. We are constantly improving our system and hearing feedback from reviewers like you helps us continuously improve our services.

Stayed 2 nights in a mixed 4 ppl dorm. Clean facilities, bunker style beds (=added privacy), great roof top bar (=easier to meet people over a drink as a single traveller), close to petaling st. Would stay here again!

• 19th Jul 2014

Great if travelling alone. roof top bar is amazing

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7