Reggae Mansion Kuala Lumpur Reviews

49-59, Jalan Tun H.S Lee, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

2096 Total Reviews

Really cool hostel...feel like you're in a hotel actually! I stayed in the large mixed dorm and you have a curtain around your bed almost like a little room with privacy. Staff were really nice and helpful.

A nice hostel, well-located in terms of Chinatown/Petaling St, the Bird Park and the Butterfly Park. Less-well located for the twin towers and Bukit Bintang. I stayed in a four-bed mixed dorm room and was surprised at the high level of privacy - beds are located in cubicles and can be curtained off. Lockable cupboards are available. The restaurant is affordable and good for lunch, although the breakfast (included in the price) was pretty average - toast, noodles, coffee and tea. Will stay again.

• 18th Apr 2014
  • New Zealand

Guests should be informed upon check in that the second floor are the so-called 'party-rooms' because the noise from the nightly rooftop parties is excessive until around 2-3 am. If I was advised this before check in, I would have requested a room on the much quieter first floor.

• 14th Apr 2014

GREAT choice. Capsule style, many toilets and showers available, eletronic codes to get on the floors and rooftop bar were just awesome. Breakfast was average.

Great place, great environment, everyone really friendly. The terrace view is amazing. Dorms are private even shared. Would definatly recommend it!

Its a good hostel, just very bif and loud. If you want to party this is the place for you. Literally in any room on any floor you can hear the rooftop bar. The rooftop bar is pretty good.

Those party dorms are pretty dang loud! But not bad if you've already been out partying! :O

• 7th Apr 2014

Our airport transfer was via the hostel but was 35mins late. The only issue we had. Other than that the hostel is amazing

Overall staff were helpful Clean throughout Very private beds in dorm Top bunk very high, sometimes afraid to fall Hard to sleep prior to 3am because the rooftop bar music pumps till then even with ear plugs in, you can also feel the bass while in bed. Just a personal preference, prefer the music volume to be lower earlier maybe midnight

Reggae Mansion was the perfect place if you are a backpacker by yourself or with a group. There is a rooftop bar and DJ that doesn't shut down until 3am, so if you aren't ready to party you could have some trouble sleeping. I was in the 4 bed mixed dorm on the 3rd floor and heard the music but it wasn't so loud I couldn't sleep. The beds are very clean, toilets and showers are clean too. Very hot water for showers. Excellent security.

The hostel is a great place if you're looking for a fun time in Kuala Lumpur. If you're looking for a quieter stay, this might not be the place for you, as there were a handful of loud people in hallways at night. The location is great, really close to the nearby station, so it makes site seeing a breeze. The staff was super friendly. Would recommend.

One of the best hostels i have ever been!!!

• 27th Mar 2014
  • Argentina

Hotel is 10 minutes walk from MRT station. Facility there is good. I like the style of the design. It's said it would be extremely noisy at night due to the party. Yes , it was but I still sleep very well. The only part I don't like is that the staff. One of them seems to be not very nice and impatient. Later I just don't ask him qustions and do everything by maself. He's a little fat and speak fast.

Security and facility are good. Have a towel. Toilet and shower is good. Breakfast is nice. Only little noisy in the night if you are not party hard type.

Third time here. Gets better and better. It's as good as any 5 star hotel and you will meet great people here too. There are no faults to the place. Book early people!!

This is the best hostel I have ever stayed in. I like the shower, big water, nice hot water and big bunk bed. It is not like the usual bunk bed. I was shocked when I first saw the room, the bed and the shower. I would definitely stay here again if I go to Malaysia. They have a rooftop party everyday. Even though when I stayed there, there wasnt so many people partying but it was still fun.

I had chance to stay at this hotel just one nigh but it was great experience. I stayed in a mixed-dorm room. The bed was quite private and big enough. The location was great and the breakfast was also good. I was kinda impressed this hostel :)

• 22nd Mar 2014
  • Thailand

Fantastic hostel! Great dorms with the pods providing plenty of privacy. The hostel was spotless, the facilities were great and the location was perfect.

• 21st Mar 2014

In 8 months of travelling this is one of the best hostels I've stayed in. I'd highly recommend it. Super clean and pods are really spacious giving you that much wanted privacy when you feel like it!

Amazing would recommend to anyone

• 13th Mar 2014