Reggae Mansion Kuala Lumpur Reviews

49-59, Jalan Tun H.S Lee, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Great hostel, very luxurious compared to other hostels I've stayed in! It might be a little pricier than others but I've enjoyed myself there and met some cool people. Only downside is that if you want to go to the rooftopbar in the evening, you HAVE to buy a drink and they were expensive - not hostelfriendly prices

This seems to be quite an upscale hostel for KL, and is very enjoyable. It was the first time by hostel bed has had its own "cubby" rather than being a simple bunk bed. The rooftop bar has a great view, the downstairs restaurant is quite good, and the place even has its own cinema. Do note, however: there are multiple hostels with the name "Reggae." My maps app sent me to the wrong one, and it took me forever to find the actual "Reggae Mansion." Also, the wifi often got bogged down.

A good hostel, but a bit over rated. The atmosphere was good on the roof top bar, and it's really cool up there. The rest of the hostel seems to lack something... no sense of community like there is in other hostels we've been in. Maybe my expectations were too high as everyone raved on about this hostel. Overall a decent place, with good staff. Wifi was shocking at times; pretty inconsistent connection, but that's not really a big deal. Would stay at back home hostel if in Kl again.

as the last few times I stayed at raggae mansion, it's always great. the rooftbar bar is awesome with a great view and great people and party every night. But you will also find your quiet spot. Would definetly stop there again

Awesome hostel. Big beds. all clean. Staff very friendly. Would recommend ir definitely. Best hostel I have stayed in so far.

A bit more expensive than everywhere else in KL but i think its worth the extra couple dollars. Beds were huge and comfortable, had curtains and were pod like so had a ton of privacy. Rooftop bar was pretty cool, though drinks were expensive and they tried to tell me i had to buy a drink to enjoy the rooftop even when i was a paying guest. Overall good though, would stay again!

Look its not what it use to be. Staff are very stange and you have the security sleeping in the bunks and collecting money from travellers for drinks or what not so they can make a quick buck. Theyre pretty stupid, one of them changed money with a traveller and got the wrong amount anyway try another hostel guys

Great hostel, very clean and fun

I found reggae mansion to be very clean and very safe. However, it wasn't the 'party hostel' we were expecting and we got pretty bored each of the three nights we stayed there. The rooftop bar looked good but lacked atmosphere. Maybe we just hit a boring bunch of people. The staff were very friendly and helpful and overall the hostel is very good.

Reggae Mansion is definitely worth the praise it gets. The dorms are clean, the pod style beds are awesome for feeling like I had my own space in a huge dorm room. The only problem was that the AC was on full blast and I was absolutely freezing. The breakfast was ok, toast or some sort of noodle that seemed like leftover from dinner last night but maybe not. The potato wedges were pretty good. Nice central location near transportation and buses. Rooftop has an awesome view.

I stayed here for total of 6 nights. Everything was great. Just check my overall review here: http://iamryshel.com/2015/01/21/six-nights-at-reggae-mansion-kl/ Thanks for the wonderful time Reggae Mansion! :-)

Let me get one thing straight... There is no Reggae at this Mansion. Sky blue walls... More like sky white walls! Best hostel I've ever stayed in! A really good atmosphere! After drinking a little too much at the rooftop bar, security kicked me out just in the knick of time! They were so nice that they even carried to my room, as my legs forget how to walk.... Dreams are made and then shattered to make new dreams! Great Hostel, keep up the good work chaps!

Good facilities, breakfast, location and clean rooms. I'm glad I had a hard copy of my booking though as the receptionist struggled to locate it on the system and initially insisted I had none. Subsequently, when I checked out after two nights, I was told that I was supposed to check out the previous day on the system. I showed my receipt and booking ref yet again which they, somewhat reluctantly, accepted as proof. Overall a good hostel but a slightly strange attitude from the reception staff.

Awesome hostel in the hearth of KL. Continental breakfast included in price and nice comfortable matrasses. Everything is kept really clean and one of the facilities is an awesome cinema room. The roof top terrace is a nice place to party/hang out at night and there is a good restaurant at the ground floor which serves well prepared (but relatively small size) european dishes

Nice clean, safe feeling hostel. We were in a double private room which was plenty big enough for wha we needed and quiet and comfortable. Very happy and good location, near petaling street and chinatown.

Great location. Helpful and friendly staffs. Good breakfast. Awesome rooftop bar. Here's how Reggae Mansion gave me a blast on my first night which made me extend my stay. http://iamryshel.com/2015/01/15/first-night-in-reggae-mansion-kl/

Had stayed here before in 2013, really enjoyed it so thought I'd go back. However in that time I felt the place just wasn't as good. The staff certainly weren't as friendly as before, like it was an effort to give you any advice let alone a smile. The music also seemed a lot louder this time round late on so definitely not your best bet when you've been travelling for over 24 hours !

Nice rooftop bar with very overpriced drinks, ok music and decent view. Plenty of liquor places around to get your own much cheaper. Dont book the city tour as you can do it yourself relatively cheap with the train system there. Nice cinema room that is not free and plays bootleg movies. Tons of food options as well very close, outside of the expensive restaurant. Great AC and the wifi was up and down at times.

Great place to meet people from all over the world, the beds were so comfy we didn't want to leave, the bar can be expensive upstairs but you have to remember you're in KL, however, the drinks get cheaper the later it gets :) Laundry is cheap and done in 3 hrs which is awesome. The rooftop bar alone is worth staying here!

staff at reception could be friendlier, anytime anyone approached the desk they just seemed uninterested and not at all friendly.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7